• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice

[collapse=Text Version]
1. Raziek
2. Red Ryu
3. Bardull/Nabe [3]: Raziek, Red Ryu, Glyph
4. Jexs
5. Soup
6. Glyph
7. Potassium
8. Rake [2]: We Thuggin, We Thuggin
9. We Thuggin [1]: Kantrip

Not Voting: Bardull/Nabe, Jexs, Soup, Rake
[/collapse]

Last edited:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Who is more realistic in your eyes?

I'm guessing fypov Nabedull is the only option?
That would be where I'd put your vote if I physically could

And trust me I tried but I couldn't figure out your password

BarDulL

Town Vampire
This is completely accurate but also doesn't exactly refute anything I've said either.
The problem lays in that Nabe was Indy, while my slot was Town. We combined together to form one slot. This isn't an implication that we're Indy though.

For the record, our slot is not a 'claimed' indy. We're Town. People got scared as a result of us reflecting a mafia night kill towards someone else, as that is one of our abilities. We can't redirect other abilities from ourselves however, and unless you think we're aligned with mafia, there is no real explanation for the missing mafia night kill outside of the possibility that we're telling the truth (we are). At least, I can't think of any other possibilities.

Basically what I'm saying is, is that you're looking at our role, jumping to conclusions based on what you think is a safe bet regarding role analysis, and riding this wave of fear that marshy/raz seems to have spread to yourself and Kantrip.

tl;dr in other words, TOWNS PROBABLY GONNA LOSE IF WE DIE!

So, I'm asking everyone to step back and really analyze the play at hand to not jump to conclusions about our slot. Yes, Raziek tracked us to Orbo, but that doesn't necessarily implicate us to be anti-town (or mafia, or indy). If we were legitimately scum, it would have been better for us to kill a power slot that could ruin the game for us (marshy is a slot that doesn't make mistakes often enough for us to really lynch him, for instance. At least, not this game. And the Town's jailer was dead, making it very easy for us to accomplish if we so chose to do so.)

I knew it wasn't a good idea for Nabe to claim Indy, because I knew sooner or later people were going to get worried about us. We're legitimately Town though, and I'm asking you guys to buckle down and really analyze the play at hand and not latch too hard onto role analysis or get caught up in FUD.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
And yes, claiming flavor names is important, as it could narrow down who scum are.

Myself and Nabe are Ragna and Nu, respectively.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
chill on the wave of fear thing. i was hyped to lynch yall at first but now im like the 1 dude who doesnt wanna lynch yu 2day

also yeah if yall are legit town nabe DEF shuldve lied about that ****. **** the "always tell the truth as town" mentality thatdve been a perfect time to rep dat anti town lyfe. nabe pretty much played into scums hands in the sloppiest way virtually possible regardless of whether yall are town or indy

hm. after soup posts (damn. i completely forgot about his vla) lemme get a rundown of the player list plz. collaborate if necessary

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
nabe pretty much played into scums hands in the sloppiest way virtually possible regardless of whether yall are town or indy
hah. i read over this n the thought that nabe wouldnt be so sloppy as scum to come out n b like "AY GUYS IM INDY!!" came to my mind

heres a question for him in the meantime

what set you off about my slot d1 when yu told bardull to look into a killer marshy shuld yuve died?

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
I don't get the Rake push.
The Glyph push was cuz he was an easy target and was inactive.
The Raziek push was based on his pushing the mason and his track choice of maven? I've thought about it and both make sense.

1 Marshy spouting that one of the 4 people pushing Ruy must be scum was mad opportunistic. It was an easy thing to voice with the potential to garner 4 mislynches in a row. Werekill got mislynched off of it, Gorf got mislynched off of it, I almost got mislynched off of it, and now Raziek is being pushed off of it. Honestly, it was a silly move from all of us, but it was not scum motivated. I sympathize with Raz's push, I really do. Werekill was misguided and Gorf was Gorf. Scum would not put themselves out there pushing ruy in that situation. We were all being dumb, yes, but the scum motivation isn't there. Marshys insistence it was and systematically trying to lynch the 3 voters is grimy.

2 Nabedull is pretty clearly indy. Marshy actually suggesting we IGNORE the claimed indy is also grimy as ****. Everyone knows you lynch indies. You don't leave them alive to "mess with scum."

3 Look at Marshys reason for calling maven scum (I'll bet my *** that was a bus). It was because maven called me town when I was getting pushed and according to marshy: "No townie would hold that opinion." Lo and behold, marshy also thought I was town at that time. Thing is, he was right. Logically he should have been pushing me along with everyone who voted ruy. The fact he wasn't screams of outside knowledge, going for town points should I flip, and keeping me alive because I'm not threatening/can be mislynched later.

4 I say we lynch marshy toDay, Raz can track soup, we lynch him if he's scum, then deal with Nabedull if the games still going

Vote: we thuggin
ok dude. ITZ TIME 2 USE OUR BRAINS!!

1 i stand by ****ting on everyone who suggested lynching the masons. **** all of em. there was also only ONE mislynch cuz of it n that was werekill. gorf got mislynched for playing like an idiot and refusing to hunt scum. YOU almost got mislynched for typical foot in mouth potato nonsense. i felt like this was a game designed to troll every1 or maybe some people from an insane asylum were designated to play certain accounts here without publicly revealing it n i still hav NO idea how ANY sane person couldve thought that was a good way to start off the game

"hey! lets pressure a potential mason instead of waiting a few ****ing hours for his partner to confirm or deny! nevermind that them lying about it is an atrocious strategy that would never work n theres an infinite amount of ways we can better use this time in the day! YEAH!"

who the **** DOES THAT? it was the dumbest **** ive ever seen that flew so strongly against the town win condition that i thought that at least 1 scum would be taking advantage of ruys awful play. i mayve been wrong HENCE ME DROPPING IT. like dude. yu realize yure the easiest mislynch in the world n idve dunked yur sorry ass without hesitation like i did mmu if i was scum? this is me racking my knuckles against yur skull

yure right that the scum motivation is lacking. it turns out that some people enjoy playing like jesters and giving the entire game a middle finger to their win condition n it shuld thus be some ass backwards town tell. its not grimy to hate on people who want to lynch modfirmed innocents. any1 making those suggestions SHOULD be shot without remorse

2 "everyone knows" my ass. i will elaborate on this once soup posts sufficient data

3 it was cuz maven did it OFF 1 MINI GAME. 1. MINI. GAME. me? do you know how many games ive played with you where you got yourself either hated by the entire playerlist or killed on d1? the answer is a lot. i cant look at the ridiculous **** you do and say "wow. this guy needs to get hardbodied right now" anymore. its sad n id rather lynch yu every time til yu either change or quit but unfortunately punishing that type of play isnt always conducive to a wincon. i HAD the experiences of mislynching you on multiple occasions that the nagging feeling in the back of my mind that yu were just repeating the same **** for the millionth time in a row was enough to start making me gauge how scum would react to your play

4 :thumbsdown:

NOW cuz yu are obvtown we will go bak to bein friends n ima actually ask for yur opinion on **** l8r this dayphase. talk to ya then

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
hah. i read over this n the thought that nabe wouldnt be so sloppy as scum to come out n b like "AY GUYS IM INDY!!" came to my mind

heres a question for him in the meantime

what set you off about my slot d1 when yu told bardull to look into a killer marshy shuld yuve died?
Trying to get Bard off my back, mainly. Don't forget, I was indy at the time. But I do always feel as if you have a gun trained on me, regardless of faction, and I try to bring it up as shot deterrence when I can. The way we play, I don't pull N1 nightkills, and you don't get brought up for early-game lynches, so there's no concern that I'd get shot by someone else trying to snag you for a lynch D2. It didn't have a read basis aside from that gut, and your interactions with Maven didn't look like SvS.

#HBC | Nabe

To everyone voting for me:
That's great and all,
but if I'm going to die toDay,
that makes the nameclaim happening toDay
more important,
not less.

Only my slot has this information,
and it ceases to be valuable if it gets out prior to nameclaim,
which is what everyone seems to angling for,
since it's deadline in three days.

If the next poster wants to post "gosh nab very scam such indy", cool.
Put your character name before that bit.
Unless you think I am going to work Daytime voodoo indy magic on your character name.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Nabe (and only nabe), what order would you want these claims in?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
While I'm thinking of it too, Marshold are you for or against the name claim idea? I'd prefer you answer this question with just yes or no but wouldn't complain if you elaborated as well

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What exactly is this information of yours going to accomplish? Save someone's life? Nab a bingo?

I have no particular issue with nameclaiming my character, but I am deeply concerned that a mass nameclaim aids scum significantly given that you expressly stated you were given a big list of people 'hunting you'. That could easily be relevant to other slots as well.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
While I'm thinking of it too, Marshold are you for or against the name claim idea? I'd prefer you answer this question with just yes or no but wouldn't complain if you elaborated as well
im for it. letz all do it in our next posts so we can knock it out quick

also i enjoy yu as a player

but yure going to die shuld evidence of soup being innocent arise

2day was spent inebriated n i gotta 8 hr drive to jersey in the mornin. see yall 2mrw night

#HBC | Nabe

What exactly is this information of yours going to accomplish? Save someone's life? Nab a bingo?

I have no particular issue with nameclaiming my character, but I am deeply concerned that a mass nameclaim aids scum significantly given that you expressly stated you were given a big list of people 'hunting you'. That could easily be relevant to other slots as well.
Here's my counteroffer. Flip the entire list on its head and I'm down. Is this acceptable?
the mod specifically said not to use flavour to scumhunt also which makes this strange
I don't see what a name claim is going to accomplish given what the mods have said.
Are you for ****ing real right now? Why am I being stonewalled on a name claim, with two days to a deadline after which I'm ****ing dead and will be able to act on none of it, when half of you think it's extraneous information anyway?

This is not a multi-layered issue. There is not going to be any anti-town role who will use this information for nefarious purposes, that is baseless FUD. The order really does not matter at all because it's not public information to begin with, and because there is a 0% chance that anyone is going to CC. And if you think the flavour is irrelevant, kindly continue shrugging and thinking it's irrelevant, and hand over your purely irrelevant information, because it doesn't matter to you whatsoever.

How did 4/5 players posting between then and now manage to lay down four different arguments against this rather than providing actual game content? Yes, I am approaching salty. My time left in this day is valuable to me, and it is clearly not valuable to you.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I dunno but even if it is that is way too many adverbs.

Also Raz better pin scum toNight or he's getting lynched toMorrow

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Are you mother****ers seriously ****ing around with my adverb/adjective choice?

****ing Bardull CAME OUT AND SAID 'There's at least 7 people who are 'hunting' me' and you expect me NOT to be wary about needlessly putting flavor information out there?

**** this game.

I'm Carl Clover.

I've also been in a 'secret' hydra with Xonar this whole time, as he is Nirvana/Ada. He's not allowed to post or like anything in thread at threat of a modkill. He's on the replacement list so people don't talk to him about the game outside of it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Thats a super neat mechanic, props to the mods for a superb setup.

Ok but srs mafia time.

Are you for ****ing real right now? Why am I being stonewalled on a name claim, with two days to a deadline after which I'm ****ing dead and will be able to act on none of it, when half of you think it's extraneous information anyway?
This is a rhetorical question I know but I'm going to give you a real answer since you seem to not grasp the situation you've created here. Also, you didn't answer my question at all but I'm going to expand on that later in this

You've claimed to be previously indy, but are now town. You expect us to just accept that since Bardull can vouch for it, but since its equally as probable that he's been recruited to YOUR faction that isn't going to cut it. You then go on to, in large text and bold, demand a name claim from everyone else. But oops, you can't tell us why until after because it'd make a mess of your plans.

Spoiler if that's the case, your plan is a really bad one and you really should have put some more effort into it. No one's going to blindly follow this 'plan' you've got set up just because you made it bigger than normal text.

But let me stop and talk a bit to that last line. About flavor being considered 'extraneous information'. It doesn't take a lot of digging into the information available to us to realize flavor is MASSIVELY important to this game. Whether or not it is more beneficial to scum or town is impossible to say at this juncture, but we could potentially be throwing the game by just arbitrarily throwing out such a massive amount of information (don't worry too much, I'm still in favor of the mass name claim but have more to add to it).

BUT HOW U KNOW FLAVER IMPORTENT

Easy. I don't think I'm exactly tipping my hand when I say my role is flavor related. Your role is HEAVILY flavor related, as is a good number of other players since we know they're looking for you. On top of that, we already have had a janitor flip lending even more credibility to its importance.

This is not a multi-layered issue. There is not going to be any anti-town role who will use this information for nefarious purposes, that is baseless FUD. The order really does not matter at all because it's not public information to begin with, and because there is a 0% chance that anyone is going to CC. And if you think the flavour is irrelevant, kindly continue shrugging and thinking it's irrelevant, and hand over your purely irrelevant information, because it doesn't matter to you whatsoever.
He said, apparently fully aware of what scum is looking for and capable of doing??? Who are you to say scum won't use it for 'nefarious purposes'?

How did 4/5 players posting between then and now manage to lay down four different arguments against this rather than providing actual game content? Yes, I am approaching salty. My time left in this day is valuable to me, and it is clearly not valuable to you.
Don't blame the players, blame yourself for a janky weird gross plan/claim.

Speaking of, remember when I said I was down for the mass name claim? I totally still am. In fact, I'm Rachel. But once these claims are out in the open and you've made your conclusions from them, there is absolutely ZERO chance I'm letting your nastiness into the night phase with all that information at hand. If you're town then perfect, you've managed to accomplish whatever you're shooting for here and done your faction a great service. If you're not, then awesome you did some weird stuff and managed to die and everything will be great anyway.

Oh, and I really don't want any more theatrics about how the game is almost certainly over if you die. There's enough people alive with brains in their heads to handle the information you've suggested will be presenting, and that combined with the janky claim and plan looks a LOT more like an indy desperate to stay alive than town that's somehow critical for going forward.

I would have liked to proofread this and edit a lot more but I'm writing this on a lunch break so excuse any typos or whatever I gotta run

Kantrip

Kantplay
Vote Nabe/Bardull

**** the name claim. If they can't be transparent they don't deserve the claims. An indy that wins off of flavour claims falls under "getting burned for relying on flavour" to me.

Die.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Glyph, I don't understand why you're trying so hard to play semantics in this regard. It's pretty simple and straightforward, unless you have something to hide.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Kantrip, unless you can refute my earlier posts, I can't take your slot seriously. You have no good reason to be hounding us for being 'Indys' when you can't prove a damn thing, you're just riddled in FUD. Our play has been fine and shows no implications of being scum as far as I know, unless you can actually show them to me and give me a good reason why you think we're scum outside of baseless role analysis.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It's really simple guys. Name claim. Very straightforward and wlll allow us to narrow down scum with the list that was given to me in the beginning of the game. There is no obnoxious foul play at hand at this point, there is literally no reason to hide your flavor name at this point if it helps cater to finding scum.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You have no good reason to fish for flavour. Nabe has consented to dying yet is going harder for this name claim than I have ever seen from him.

He claimed that he started the game as indy.

After recruiting you you guys gained a self-preservational ability.

And now 100% of your focus is driven by flavour, something the mod specifically said we would be burned for using. You're not scumhunting at all, and you're refusing to reveal your hand.

Die.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's really simple guys. Name claim. Very straightforward and wlll allow us to narrow down scum with the list that was given to me in the beginning of the game. There is no obnoxious foul play at hand at this point, there is literally no reason to hide your flavor name at this point if it helps cater to finding scum.
Just give us the list before you die if it's so important to you.

I think you're full of ****, there's no way in hell a townie got a role PM filled with flavour information that would reveal who scum is. ESPECIALLY when we were told NOT to rely on flavour.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Glyph, I don't understand why you're trying so hard to play semantics in this regard. It's pretty simple and straightforward, unless you have something to hide.
When did you get hired by the NSA?

Also, for the reasons I said. In that big post. The one all about why this sits poorly with me.

Also yo I already did claim nerd

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You have no good reason to fish for flavour. Nabe has consented to dying yet is going harder for this name claim than I have ever seen from him.

He claimed that he started the game as indy.

After recruiting you you guys gained a self-preservational ability.

And now 100% of your focus is driven by flavour, something the mod specifically said we would be burned for using. You're not scumhunting at all, and you're refusing to reveal your hand.

Die.
Naturally we don't want anyone to claim someone not on the list, which is why we haven't revealed our hand. The list is real however.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Naturally we don't want anyone to claim someone not on the list, which is why we haven't revealed our hand. The list is real however.
What are you expecting to gain from the list? It's asinine that you think you can find scum from it and I refuse to believe that's actually what you're going for

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Think about it this way: prior to N2, when Nabe and I had already combined, and we knew your and Ryu's flavor name already, nothing happened to either of you. Orbo's role name was not known, yet we still reflected the night kill towards him.

Which means that our only real use for flavor names at this point outside of aligning them with the Ragna list would be to...perhaps have an ability that works based on flavor names? We would have used it already though if this were the case since we knew you were Platinum, and that Ryu was Tager. It's possible we're looking for a specific individual to 'combine' with or to acquire some kind of wincon, I suppose. That really isn't what's going on though.

The long and short of it: scum's on my list, and there were a couple herrings, but we can significantly narrow down town's lynch pool to hit scum.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
And how are we going to narrow that down? What makes you think that has scum in it for sure (to be fair it almost certainly does but that's far from a guarantee), and even further beyond that what if there's scum NOT on your list and this ends up being a wild goose chase?

Even if we do successfully pull this off I see no evidence that it will help us beyond giving us a nebulous lynch pool that we could have deduced through regular play more effectively.

Kantrip

Kantplay
For all I know you have an indy win con of killing everybody on your list.

Far more likely than your theory that we can find scum with it

Top Bottom