• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

BarDulL

Town Vampire
^This is another problem with marshy's play. He generally hand waves everything with vague terminology, images, or videos, and never gets into the nitty gritty of arguments.

i.e. he just responded with "i think that ****s hilarious," but he doesn't actually respond to the argument itself. He wants to his bravado and confidence to sway people without actually substantiating himself with logic and words as to why an argument is, as he put it, hilarious.

Right now I'm not fully committed to marshy, but this is something the rest of town needs to keep in mind as the game progresses.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
I'm sorry for my lack of posting in this game, I'm still getting used to mafia and I'm now playing 4. I made a commitment though so no more inactivity!

I've managed to skim these last few pages but haven't read enough to make any large posts, so I'll just do some quick thoughts and get back here later tonight

1. My idea that Bardull/Nabe did some sort of crazy claim gambit in the hopes of derailing everyone with their list is really dumb. I was thinking they might have gotten the idea due to how many claims their have been, but there's little benefit to such risk.

2. Marshy, I do not understand why you think I'm scum. You said it was because I was defending Potassium in Day 1, but you also think Potassium is town? And you started this day saying that you were about to vote for Soup due to his attacks on Potassium. So I'm honestly clueless as to what your reasons are and need to explain them more then just "he's scum" or "i think he's scummy".

3. Gorf, gorf gorf. I don't like that he's probably not going to be lynched today, and that all he has to do is slink off and people just won't vote for him. I don't get why people are townreading him either. Can anyone name a single productive thing he's done? A single attempt at scum hunting that wasn't just voting for our confirmed town masons?

4. I didn't even read Potassium's push on We Thuggin, but the main reason I've been agreeing with We Thuggin is that we've seem to be vibing for most of the game. not so recently. I want We Thuggin to explain more about why they think I'm scum because I don't see what he's talking about and I need some sense of where he's coming from to tell.

5. Potassium can die today. I've given up on the whole "but that's just how potassium" plays meta attempt. I'm not even going to really attempt to use meta at all anymore, cause I feel that was just letting him slide by with whatever thing he says.

6. Again I just skimmed but I noticed Jex seemed to be jumping from vote to vote? I'll have to double check
2 negative. its the manner in which yu commented on potato while he was getting wagoned. potato was hardbody ****posting and NO sane person shuld hav been townreading him at the time he went bat**** crazy in the thread. even the damned masons wanted his disgusting ass dead. the 2 scenarios for yu making that comment are

yure town n felt he was playing to his town meta off....1 mini game

or

yure scum and threw out a unique read to skip out on a stance for a wagon

i think the latters likelier. the only reason im not voting potato now is cuz im so desensitized to his "im going to tie the noose around my own neck and jump" playstyle that i realize itz better to look elsewhere. the only other person who doesnt hate him is nabe the flavor happy indy who literally doesnt giv a **** about finding scum

im also grossed out by yur flop on potato and liking bardulls post about my play. yu say yu havnt been "vibing" with me but thats only when i start saying yure scum. potato has been pushing me as scum and yu culdnt pay me to care less. yur reactions convenient and if yu think im scum its best to share it now. yuve got the lovers backing yu!

SOUP plz come back to this thread. i wanna kno who yure lookin at past potato

@ Kantrip Kantrip

so did that reread ever happen?

Maven89

Smash Master
2 negative. its the manner in which yu commented on potato while he was getting wagoned. potato was hardbody ****posting and NO sane person shuld hav been townreading him at the time he went bat**** crazy in the thread. even the damned masons wanted his disgusting *** dead. the 2 scenarios for yu making that comment are

or

i think the latters likelier. the only reason im not voting potato now is cuz im so desensitized to his "im going to tie the noose around my own neck and jump" playstyle that i realize itz better to look elsewhere. the only other person who doesnt hate him is nabe the flavor happy indy who literally doesnt giv a **** about finding scum

Maybe you should look up that mini, because it did not take me long to figure out why his nickname was Kantplay. It was also based on more then the mini, I also looked through the other game going at the time. I don't remember it's name but it was the one he wasn't hosting. If you're thinking I'm scum because I recognized Potassium level, then look up the mini and tell me no one else would have figured out the same.

But I acknowledged my use of meta was bad, and I specifically asked people to explain how they knew Potassium was being scum instead of dumb. No one answered that, and Gorf was clear scummy, so I didn't back the Potassium lynch. The only point I remember making about him after acknowledging my bad use of meta was "Can someone explain it because I don't see it". And I still don't see how people can tell if he's being scum or dumb, but at this point I'm willing to let him die because I gave up on it. If he is town then letting his type of play slide is not doing him any favors. I can't scum read him. But I'm not wanting him to die. I'm Ok with it, I want Gorf to die.

im also grossed out by yur flop on potato and liking bardulls post about my play. yu say yu havnt been "vibing" with me but thats only when i start saying yure scum. potato has been pushing me as scum and yu culdnt pay me to care less. yur reactions convenient and if yu think im scum its best to share it now. yuve got the lovers backing yu!
I mean yeah, we did stop vibing when you dropped your gorf vote and switched it to me. And until now, you gave no reasons other then "he's scummy", "his defense reminds me of scum". He was talking about how you were avoiding going into details, and when I liked his post you had yet to respond to my questions even though you responded to the game. I did not think you were going to.

JeXs

Smash Champion
2 negative. its the manner in which yu commented on potato while he was getting wagoned. potato was hardbody ****posting and NO sane person shuld hav been townreading him at the time he went bat**** crazy in the thread. even the damned masons wanted his disgusting *** dead. the 2 scenarios for yu making that comment are

or

@ Kantrip Kantrip

He said in the mini that Gorf said something about potato always looking scummy iirc. I think you are tunneling maven for very weak reasons. Why did you drop Gorf all of a sudden?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
joat screams indy to me but im willin to let em slide if he can clear me n i can up n coast by for the rest of the game.

but that means i can't tunnel anybody anymore :c

where dafuq is soup

n now i think uhhhhhhh...

maven is scum. and so it is written.

what are you gonna do about it punk?

JeXs

Smash Champion
joat screams indy to me but im willin to let em slide if he can clear me n i can up n coast by for the rest of the game.

but that means i can't tunnel anybody anymore :c

where dafuq is soup

n now i think uhhhhhhh...

maven is scum. and so it is written.

what are you gonna do about it punk?
What's your read on we thuggin?
My phone corrected read to email....

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Maybe you should look up that mini, because it did not take me long to figure out why his nickname was Kantplay. It was also based on more then the mini, I also looked through the other game going at the time. I don't remember it's name but it was the one he wasn't hosting. If you're thinking I'm scum because I recognized Potassium level, then look up the mini and tell me no one else would have figured out the same.

But I acknowledged my use of meta was bad, and I specifically asked people to explain how they knew Potassium was being scum instead of dumb. No one answered that, and Gorf was clear scummy, so I didn't back the Potassium lynch. The only point I remember making about him after acknowledging my bad use of meta was "Can someone explain it because I don't see it". And I still don't see how people can tell if he's being scum or dumb, but at this point I'm willing to let him die because I gave up on it. If he is town then letting his type of play slide is not doing him any favors. I can't scum read him. But I'm not wanting him to die. I'm Ok with it, I want Gorf to die.

I mean yeah, we did stop vibing when you dropped your gorf vote and switched it to me. And until now, you gave no reasons other then "he's scummy", "his defense reminds me of scum". He was talking about how you were avoiding going into details, and when I liked his post you had yet to respond to my questions even though you responded to the game. I did not think you were going to.
it doesnt matter if yu acknowledged it or asked people about it. im saying that yu wuldnt hav said that in the first place as town

"yu didnt respond to my questions"

i dont make it a habit to talk to scum bro

dont get it twisted maven. right now towns in a hole cuz of potatos awful play along with the mason **** and i hav people suspecting me for ****ty reasons but yu WILL be dying in this game

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
He said in the mini that Gorf said something about potato always looking scummy iirc. I think you are tunneling maven for very weak reasons. Why did you drop Gorf all of a sudden?
i dont care if yu think its weak. mavens the best direction ive got

gorf i hated due to mason **** but by that logic id b lynching 1/3 of the playerlist. werekill SHULDNT hav flipped town. NONE of the people who suggested ruy was bull****ting SHULD b town. but some are. this might b the worst d1 in history considering that. i took the goggles off n realized maven interested me more cuz mason bias isnt jus gonna solve the game

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
no. i remember maven spending most of his time in this game pushing gorf and i hav yet to decide if its tvs or svs. it COULD b tvt but given my read on maven i doubt it. i think gorfs alignment wuld b easier to pinpoint on mavens flip n i hav zero interest in moving my vote

hey jexs yu consider the game state b4 ****tin on my reasoning. i dont know if yu expect some magnificent case or wat but id rather push a lynch off 1 solid reason than throw a buncha fluff @ the thread

JeXs

Smash Champion
Alright gonna take a look at maven's posts when I get home.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Nah still not seeing Maven scum. If you're pushing him because of him having the meta that potato always looks scummy I don't agree about that being a scum tell.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2

ive explained that the statement is likelier to come from scum than town especially while potato was getting wagoned. him coming in here and justifying potatos play as likelier to come from town is so markedly different from how most players reacted to potatos lunacy that it reminds me of scum who has knowledge of alignment going against the grain to save face on a flip and or keep his hands clean of the grime of the back n forth a wagonll produce

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Fwiw i can see marsgys side of the kantrip meta thing moreso than jex.
Will be around at deadline, will lilely also be playing borderlands all afternoon

JeXs

Smash Champion
Ehh I don't see it as him saying potato's play is likelier to come from town but more so asking us if we considered that his play always looks bad.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm at work right now.

JoaT claim makes sense for Plat (she pulls different items and junk), but conveniently not having his cop go through on Gorf means it's unlikely he's going to be able to prove a damn thing about the role.

Still want to lynch Kantrip. Would compromise to Glyph, but I'm really not sold on Maven at the moment.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

or

@ Kantrip Kantrip

Would consider this, still think Kantrip is far far better lynch in the long run.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
****ing

THANK YOU RAZ

now if yu posted stuff like this all the time!

slap maven at the bottom of yur scum pool with nabe in null n were in business. but i dont care about bard/nabe atm

i was less than enthusiastic to see glyph spend d1 sandbagging then hit d2 with a focus on soups claim with nothing else. i was confused as to what prompted him to come alive today. my only pause is that while i havnt played with glyph in years my memory of him is as town hell b kinda bored with the game while hes active as scum. im still fine slapping him in the scumpool due to not having much else to work with and me not liking his play today without meta goggles

orbo/rake/jexs concern me. i need waaaaay more from all 3 b4 i can spin their alignments either way

potato i still hav no idea about. i wuldnt cry over his lynch but i cant shake the feeling hes just playing bad. at least if he flips town that sets me up to lynch maven with no resistance
i would resist that a bit only because idk how you dont have a soldi read on me yet, like you're asking me questions and all which is cool beans but are you even really trying to read me or what ? cause it doesn't look that way on cursory glance

Kantrip

Kantplay
Marshy has a point on maven.

Also I can confirm my role still, I've got other abilities.

Vote maven

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

god that vote is too convieniant htough kantrip, cmon man like at least stand up and try to lynch who you were chasing before by god

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Marshy has a point on maven.

Also I can confirm my role still, I've got other abilities.

Vote maven
So I want you to think for a second why your role didn't work.

Then I want you to realize if there's an RB you're ****ed. And there almost certainly is in a setup like this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

ryu, what do you make of jexs maven read ? Raz, why am i null and what are you glazing over exactly ? Also, i read marshy's maven bit but someone who's not marshy needs to give me an outside perspective on it, raz would be fantastic for this but i'd settle for nabedull since bardeezy is like the only reason i can stomach the slot and the ridiculous claim on top of it makes them basically confirmed town for whatever thats worth

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You're null because of the Take effect that we talked about when we were scum. I just haven't really read your posts that closely yet, nothing stuck out.

My Maven read is null, but one of the things that stuck out to me was that he mentioned using the mafia wiki and not finding Werekill's role.

Seemed genuine, and it would have been easy for a scummy to just ask his scum mate.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i like raz's catch up and the reads are actually well rooted which is nice, shades of late game raz fro mthat game we were masons in, im willing to let him not be the "better than nothing " lynch off the strength of that post alone and hopefully he keeps it up.

Orbo still unsure, really need someone to tell me im crazy and to leave him alone, marshy looks like he wants to read people but isnt or something, i need to dig into his posts cause his "i would loose kantrip just to clear room for maven " is actually just a little too much for me right now

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

You're null because of the Take effect that we talked about when we were scum. I just haven't really read your posts that closely yet, nothing stuck out.

My Maven read is null, but one of the things that stuck out to me was that he mentioned using the mafia wiki and not finding Werekill's role.

Seemed genuine, and it would have been easy for a scummy to just ask his scum mate.
I always forget what that entails but im going to assume its when everyone glazes over me cause lots of posts and doesnt wanna think about me in the sense of being scummy cause it's like too much work or some ****.

And the town rake effetc is probably just me being scatterbrained and being dead over it lel i think

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

also that answer visa vie my question to you about me is hela on point so brownie points for raz today

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What do you mean 'but isn't'? Marshy has driven most of the discussion toDay.

I would confidently stake the game on Marshy being Town, the intent behind his posts has been crystal clear.

Back to work, nothing more from me for at least 2 hours.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Knatrip, why did you town read me so fast before ? Was it a gut reaction or were you trying to baot other people ? if the latter, what did you see and how did you find it telling , and if it was gut ,the same question applies, only what do you feel people's reaction to this read told you ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

What do you mean 'but isn't'? Marshy has driven most of the discussion toDay.

I would confidently stake the game on Marshy being Town, the intent behind his posts has been crystal clear.

Back to work, nothing more from me for at least 2 hours.
idk maybe im wrong i do see the marshy drive but his null reads like yours seem a little thrown together, maybe i'm being to hard or maybe i just read his posts too fast or maybe i just dont like the idea that im such a floating read for him because it's not like he isnt interacting with me, although im currently re-reading him and i never actually outright stated how my statement effected my read on him, which im holding close to myself atm cause he effects my gorf read to an extent

Kantrip

Kantplay
If a mafia rb wants to waste their time on me then they'll be leaving the rest of our PRs alone. My cop is expended now and it was my best ability.

-shrug-

Kantrip

Kantplay
god that vote is too convieniant htough kantrip, cmon man like at least stand up and try to lynch who you were chasing before by god
Just lynch me if you want to. I'll settle for maven cuz I can't get what I want but stop playing armchair and just make your choice

Top Bottom