• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
The potassium is ripe for the picking, and he's slipping. I will take complete risk of being wrong and looking like a fool, but I'm not gonna let tranquility be a constant reminder of past failures and letting myself get distracted. I've sort of been occupied with other stuff but I'm feeling really motivated and fired up.

The main problem that doesn't need context of Potato right now that his interests are sporadically changing in a way that doesn't seem wholly genuine. He's gone from 'yeah werekill and ruy scum' to 'yeah werekill still scum for not believing ruy' to dropping werekill off his radar for reasons that never became clear. I'm not sure why he felt that it wasn't an avenue to pursue but werekill is but one of the people who potassium has shown interest for, but completely jumps to someone else. This indecisiveness isn't townie because the initial reasoning was never elaborated, which you don't need a full ISO and me quoting his posts to see that.

With more context, here's what I'm getting at:
'well he admitted he was stupid' doesn't answer anything, it's a shallow opinion. The original dislike of Werekill was not even treaded once and I'm not saying I need a wall, but I really haven't understood what Kantrip is hoping to accomplish this game if he's not going to stick to something. He lacks any sort of initiative and quite literally coasting. How do we go from Werekill>Raz and then finally to Gorf? And for what? None of it is being explained and he's just following whatever is the best option. I was honestly floored when Maven somehow was town-reading this because no town I know would go so long at this point without even elaborating on what the **** they're thinking.

It's far more worse than what Gorf has been doing, and even Raz. I don't think those 3 would make a team either so I'm not basing this on connections, rather this is a sole scum-read I have on potato. I understand Potato isn't the most clean player, but I'm not sure why everyone is ignoring the gross **** he's been doing.

I almost thought about pulling out some quotes but I'm not about that life and just wanted to centralized why he's a scumbag, and hopefully this is clear enough to get what I want.

Potato dies today.

JeXs

Smash Champion
vote kantrip
Went from not supporting the ryu wagon to supporting it in less than a page. Didn't throw his vote down back then but now he's saying things like this:
i dislike marshy just on principle of him targeting raz and bardull while giving gorf a pass because he thinks gorf being ******** is remedied by his dislike of ruy

like, no... all the votes onto ruy before chaco was in the thread were dumb. theres literally NO reason to be giving gorf a pass while going after raz, and i dont understand how marshy can be so confident that he is trying to steer the lynch AWAY from gorf onto raz

**** dat
He's trying to throw suspicion on people who were pushing ryu even though he supported them. Didn't vote ryu back then and now he's specifically pointing out "ALL THE VOTES" on ryu.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
maven said:
Did you miss my comments on your overall content this game?
not a single one

Oh forgot to add, Gorf I'm mainly voting for you because I believe you're spouting bull****. No way you've read this entire game and have no reads at all except for someone who is 99% confirmed town.
i have town reads that i dont care to particularly elaborate on atm, and if youre implying that my read on ruy is that of scum youre wrong. but im not gonna pretend that that 1% doesnt exist and i ACTUALLY think hes capable of that.

chaco said:
Gorf, why in the **** would Ryu pull that as scum? I mean honestly, let's be real. If you wanna base him off my play that's cool and all, but it's pretty much stupid to assume that it's a gambit at this point. There's no logical gain to be made there.
because i dont put it past ruy to think hes being clever with claiming mason with his partner as a gambit. like, you agree that scumreading me is senseless based on my stance on the whole ruy thing (if you dont i sincerely misread your following post), and im sure that, objectively, youd agree that the hammering rake thing (which ruy completely ignored when i brought it up as evidence to him pulling ****** level plays as scum to try n play the "too dumb to be scum" card) was ridiculous in bingo. the logical gain can be to gambit an essentially nonconfirmable role, for one. but yea. its ruy.

#HBC | Gorf

The potassium is ripe for the picking, and he's slipping. I will take complete risk of being wrong and looking like a fool, but I'm not gonna let tranquility be a constant reminder of past failures and letting myself get distracted. I've sort of been occupied with other stuff but I'm feeling really motivated and fired up.

The main problem that doesn't need context of Potato right now that his interests are sporadically changing in a way that doesn't seem wholly genuine. He's gone from 'yeah werekill and ruy scum' to 'yeah werekill still scum for not believing ruy' to dropping werekill off his radar for reasons that never became clear. I'm not sure why he felt that it wasn't an avenue to pursue but werekill is but one of the people who potassium has shown interest for, but completely jumps to someone else. This indecisiveness isn't townie because the initial reasoning was never elaborated, which you don't need a full ISO and me quoting his posts to see that.

'well he admitted he was stupid' doesn't answer anything, it's a shallow opinion. The original dislike of Werekill was not even treaded once and I'm not saying I need a wall, but I really haven't understood what Kantrip is hoping to accomplish this game if he's not going to stick to something. He lacks any sort of initiative and quite literally coasting. How do we go from Werekill>Raz and then finally to Gorf? And for what? None of it is being explained and he's just following whatever is the best option. I was honestly floored when Maven somehow was town-reading this because no town I know would go so long at this point without even elaborating on what the **** they're thinking.

It's far more worse than what Gorf has been doing, and even Raz. I don't think those 3 would make a team either so I'm not basing this on connections, rather this is a sole scum-read I have on potato. I understand Potato isn't the most clean player, but I'm not sure why everyone is ignoring the gross **** he's been doing.

I almost thought about pulling out some quotes but I'm not about that life and just wanted to centralized why he's a scumbag, and hopefully this is clear enough to get what I want.

Potato dies today.
vote kantrip
Went from not supporting the ryu wagon to supporting it in less than a page. Didn't throw his vote down back then but now he's saying things like this:

He's trying to throw suspicion on people who were pushing ryu even though he supported them. Didn't vote ryu back then and now he's specifically pointing out "ALL THE VOTES" on ryu.
wow

this is actually really good ****

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
i dislike marshy just on principle of him targeting raz and bardull while giving gorf a pass because he thinks gorf being ******** is remedied by his dislike of ruy

like, no... all the votes onto ruy before chaco was in the thread were dumb. theres literally NO reason to be giving gorf a pass while going after raz, and i dont understand how marshy can be so confident that he is trying to steer the lynch AWAY from gorf onto raz

**** dat
LOL!

what an absolute ******...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Potato dies today.
Soup, I love you.

Might be homo :smirk:

#HBC | ѕoup

Isn't that something Werekill usually does regardless of alignment? I digress. I could possibly see potato/werekill but don't quote me on that until I see what Werekill thinks himself.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Potato for me is a bit of a shrug, quotes maybe? Gorf at least seems like a fruitful direction, if you're comparing the two lynches, because there's inherent context on Marshy.

I feel like I need to talk to you some.

Why these 3? Inactivity, or is there more to it?
Would lynch Orbo for inactivity, would lynch Soup because we're not syncing up whatsoever, would lynch Bard for reasons addressed.

i was not scum in tekken, i replaced in as some interesting yet jank town role kataefi came up with. do some homework!

in terms of my play being 'raunchy,' this is the crux of the over-extension as a result of your declaration of bard scum. but i certainly will concede to playing a fairly passive role while trying to move town along the correct path. bad play? absolutely not. you'll have to do better than that since 'raunchy' is hardly a form of substantiation to begin with.

i don't see you dying toNight; whatever could possibly allude to you that you are going to die toNight? i don't understand the implications from a PR point of view unless it's a poor attempt at reverse psychology. either way, i'm not biting into it with much currency. are you being a silly goose?

marshy is not out of reach. raziek made a mistake; everyone makes mistakes. the way raz went about it does not spell out scummy play to me, and he's a good resource, so he's worth the second chance in my book.
WOW, I was thinking of Dietz/Kary in Tekken. I promise I didn't mean it as a slight. This is how it feels to become an old man.

You act as if I'm trying to pursue you as scum. I'm not. There could be no "over-extension", because I haven't extended anything. As a result, I'm also not perturbed that you're not a fan of my "substantiation", which has everything to do with why I don't like your play thus far, and nothing to do with trying to actively pursue a lynch.

If you're trying to have a conversation, maybe tone down the douchebag attitude just a bit? I don't know why you'd feel justified in acting this way, but it muddies the read.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
also guys lets not forget blatant scumbag werekill getting silent and disappearing soon as his name is off the table

why the hell were yu townreading him again soup?
Lol, I've been busy. I had therapy and a doctor's appointment today. I might be finally getting some meds to help with my issues. Then I conked out for a nap. So long day for me!

Vote: Kantrip I see nothing worthwhile in his answers, and his play has just been complete ****. Do I need to elaborate on this one? It'll just be repeating previously said things.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'd prefer if you gave your perspective regardless if it repeats what has already been said. The thing that maters is that it's from your own words and you can be held to it.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
>"bard has ****ty and 'unabashed omgus play'
>declares hes going to try to strongarm raz instead of going for bard
>mfw

while i appreciate the change in subject, raz isn't dying today unless you've got something compelling up your sleeve.
2DAY WE HARDBODY A FOOL WHO WAS ACTUALLY ******** ENOUGH TO CONSIDER A MASON LYNCH

THIS IS RAZ GORF OR WEREKILL

THERE IS SCUM IN THIS POOL OR I WILL GLADLY QUIT SWFMAFIA IF IT HAS TRULY REGRESSED TO THE LEVEL OF TRASH THAT MODCONFIRMED INNOCENTS ARE OKAY TO B PUT ON THE TABLE

#HBC | ѕoup

Marshy, is this you being stubborn or disagreeing with potato being grimy as ****?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
WOW, I was thinking of Dietz/Kary in Tekken. I promise I didn't mean it as a slight. This is how it feels to become an old man.

You act as if I'm trying to pursue you as scum. I'm not. There could be no "over-extension", because I haven't extended anything. As a result, I'm also not perturbed that you're not a fan of my "substantiation", which has everything to do with why I don't like your play thus far, and nothing to do with trying to actively pursue a lynch.

If you're trying to have a conversation, maybe tone down the douchebag attitude just a bit? I don't know why you'd feel justified in acting this way, but it muddies the read.
nabe, i think you've caught yourself up in a giant bundle of oopsy daisy. i'll help you out a bit.

firstly, you said i was scum. then you said you would lynch either orboknown, myself, and someone else, i'm forgetting who...probably red ruy would be my guess. anyway, not the point.

i'm actually quite perplexed that you do not realize that this sequence of actions looks exactly like you are interested in pursuing me as scum. if you are not, then you are certainly fueling the fire regardless for a mislynch later on. tl;dr i think you are lying, but i'll leave that to the town to decide, or at least i'll continue to reiterate it as long as necessary.

and for the record, i'm not being a douchebag. i'm trying to figure out whether or not you're scum. on that note, actively name calling muddies up the thread, don't be a hypocrite. at the least, i'm poking fun in the absence of a bloated ego, albeit we're still conversing nonetheless. chill out.

Maven89

Smash Master
I don't feel like Gorf even attempted to answer any questions raised to him. I don't understand why people are letting his horrible play slide. When I first joined people told me Gorf was good, and in Lovers mafia, while he did help me lose the game, he at least had thoughts that he posted.

THERE IS SCUM IN THIS POOL
I agree with this

On Potassium: I realized, after reading the latest push, that my meta read on him were leaving no room for him to be scum. "He always looks scummy, so him looking scummy means nothing", leaves no room to figure out if he's scum or not. I also completely missed that Potassium was suspicious of both Ryu and Werekill at the same time. Potassium can you explain that?

Either way, you guys are going to have to explain to me what's so different this game for Potassium. I know his play looks bad, but his play always looks bad. I assume you guys have more experience with him then me, so it shouldn't be hard for those pushing his lynch to explain this.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Do you really write off Raziek's push as a mistake? I mean the evidence was all laid out in front of him.

Also what's your views on Gorf?
yes. the way raziek pushed ruy was not that scummy. but it was unnecessary because all he needed to do was wait for chaco's confirmation. in scum's position, they know that pushing for ruy is a futile battle, or they're not thinking things all the way through. in raz's case, i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt from personal experience.

i'll compromise to gorf if that's what it comes to, but he's not very active on my hit list at the moment as i'm currently looking at werekill.

#HBC | Gorf

vote werekill

more than just proxy, but marshys right about the fact that scum HAS to have pursued ruy after he claimed mason. but @ we thuggin we thuggin kantrip IS in that pool of players.

you know what thats probably exactly what it is

doesnt make sense that ruy would forget who his confirmed town mason partner is while voting for and pushing him

he probably came up with the plan to call him masons in an attempt to confuse chaco into agreeing without checking so he could "confirm himself as town" with the intention to say "whoops must have misread my role PM" if he ever got called out
except there is because he would have realized he was ****ing up if he planned to do the mason claim later and be consistent with his play

its honestly more likely a slip than ruy ****ing up as bad as hes claiming he is, but we'd be jumping the gun if we lynched him without chaco's slot even posting first
this is everything but a vote

JeXs

Smash Champion
I don't feel like Gorf even attempted to answer any questions raised to him. I don't understand why people are letting his horrible play slide. When I first joined people told me Gorf was good, and in Lovers mafia, while he did help me lose the game, he at least had thoughts that he posted.

I agree with this

On Potassium: I realized, after reading the latest push, that my meta read on him were leaving no room for him to be scum. "He always looks scummy, so him looking scummy means nothing", leaves no room to figure out if he's scum or not. I also completely missed that Potassium was suspicious of both Ryu and Werekill at the same time. Potassium can you explain that?

Either way, you guys are going to have to explain to me what's so different this game for Potassium. I know his play looks bad, but his play always looks bad. I assume you guys have more experience with him then me, so it shouldn't be hard for those pushing his lynch to explain this.
It isn't just his play lol. You gotta look at what he's doing!

#HBC | Gorf

well that was relatively uneventful

i noticed that i had a false sense of security in kantrip's earlier play. the biggest pushing-the-thread step that he did was ask me rake n some other person some open ended questions. aside from that most of what i thought was him being proactive was... well him SAYING he was being proactive which is wack as hell. i also agree that werekill has been playing mad grimy, and DEFINITELY think nabe is worth keeping an eye on moving forward if he's not gonna be put up for lynch toDay. aside from those reads, everyone else is either alright or null in my book. id be willing to switch to glyph for the sake of switching to an inactive but i think the previously mentioned options are better suited for info.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
What happened to this?
I was gonna do something to spark activity, then the thread took off.

To anyone thinking bad of me for inactivity: I fully admit I need to post more, but I've been dealing with personal stuff this week. I really should be looking more into things too.

I also dislike Bardull saying I'm catering to the popular vote. If I recall I thought Ryu was being stupid and decided it wasn't scummy, I wanted an inactive gone (raz if I remember), and I voted for Kantrip. I've given reasoning for all this AND I've questioned Kantrip on things. Don't try to cast me as just catering to the popular vote.

#HBC | Gorf

about bardull:

i think his play is dumb and the points made against him are legitimate, but then again i ALSO see hints of play that tell me he's probably town. his change in perspective on maven immediately comes to mind as an example. i wouldnt be thoroughly against his lynch but... i think we have better chances of lynching scum between werekill/potassium

Maven89

Smash Master
Alright, I'm saving my posts until Potassium answers and we see that Rak push from We Thuggin, so this is probably it from me today. 100% believe Gorf is our best lynch for the day, will add in more depending on how Potassium posts.

But really I'm posting this to let everyone know that the deadline is tomorrow. I saw someone else ask this question and had to go find it deep in the thread. We're gonna need to start consolidating who we all think is scummier, or who would be the most useful flip. It looks like we really have Gorf, Raziek, and Potassium as legitimate candidates that could actually get lynched by the deadline, you know how I stand on it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
i dont think raziek is scum. he was coming up with ruy hate stances first which made it a totally risky play. no scummer would propose the idea of lynching someone that may shortly be confirmed town.

ruys play was really scummy
ruy forgot his mason partner and pushed to get him lynched
then ruy panicked and claimed, outing himself and his mason partner

theres really no scum intent to that move itself, but its understandable to scratch your head at it and think it doesnt make sense from any angle. its far-fetched to believe ruy would forget his role, push for his mason partner, and then think the best course of action when its not even close to reaching a lynch is to out both of them. its understandable that raz reacted the way he did. no it didn't make sense, and no it wasnt a smart move by raz (or me since I did also talk about disliking ruy still post-claim), but neither were any of ruy's moves either

Soup is probably saltytown

Don't understand the bardull hate

Don't think Werekill is worth pursuing at this time.

whoever asked about my Werekill and Ruy scumreads existing concurrently: my Werekill read was short lived and existed to help move things along. It was based purely on a small handful of posts being fluffy similarly to whatever game he was scum in recently. Ruy read stemmed from his response to my question about him asking questions like he normally does.

Yes I am guilty of still pursuing Ruy after his claim. I fall in razs boat I believe. It was just too stupid to be true. I couldn't fathom that ruy would forget his role, push his mason, and then out them both for no reason! Discarding that altogether he was scummy as hell, and all together I still thought he was vote worthy. HOWEVER, a clear distinction can be made that I HELD OFF on voting and repeatedly said we should wait for Chaco to post, giving weight to the possibility that he could confirm ruy. In which case ruy would be town.

Gorf is the one player out of the 4 who pursued ruy post claim (myself included) who looked the most opportunistic. The way he handled the discussion is grimy and looks like he was trying to pile a fast lynch on more than anyone else.

To be clear, Ruy and Chaco are TOWN.

I have a gut townread on Rake from his string of posts. Particularly his bait question to Ruy about me. I could see him benefitting from Ruy answering that question and I liked it.

Bardull's had a few moments I didn't like (his Nabe vote comes to mind), but I equally didn't like we thuggin discrediting all of Bardull's reads as omgus. And I don't like his weird stance on Gorf and how he is pushing Raz and Werekill over him. If my gorf scumread is right I would definitely look at marshy.

Maven is town. His response to me about his meta read on me was sound and his reconsidering his townread on me seems genuine

Haven't had a problem with Nabe

Have no idea about JeXs or Orbo

Vote: Gorf

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sorry if missed stuff I'm posting from my phone and reading and quoting are a pain

I'm also in girlfriend comforting mode and that takes precedence over this game. Tried to give what I could and I'll try to be in again tomorrow but no promises

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh geez jexs hopped on too?

Soup please take the goggles off. I fee like you do this to me every game.

Yes I throw out flimsy reads early. Yes I change them at a whim. Turns out when I make my early reads out of paper a strong breeze will blow them away. What exactly have I done of scum intent?

Your little case thing seems to imply that I'm scum simply because I don't explain my reasoning enough for your little mind to grasp. Get over it.

Maven89

Smash Master
@ JeXs JeXs
@Chaco

vote werekill. taco plz tell yur lunatic mason partner to follow why the **** he is not on a leash is a serious problem for town

where did this come from? you go to bed saying you're going to push for Raz, then just randomly switch your vote to werekill, tell everyone to follow, and give zero explanation?

Either way, no. Gorf is still way scummier and no one has provided any reasons why he isn't.

you guys are wrong n should maaaaybe think more than "ruy was town. THAT MUST MEAN THOSE WHO WERE GOING AFTER EM MUST HAVE BE SCUM!"
marshys right about the fact that scum HAS to have pursued ruy

Maven89

Smash Master
Reading Potassium's post, I'll go more in depth once I have my cigarette and coffee, but from a glance I believe him. I don't agree with him, but his posts seems to be what I'd expect from him. He was right that he waited for Chaco to post, and he had a really good point that Gorf was the only one who voted after Chaco confirmed it.

Top Bottom