• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
I think killing Glyph would be fairly informative at least, and he has been inactive for a while. And he appears to not have used his ability (only had time to skim so unsure) that he claimed he had D2.
I'm not saying I have a lean on him, but seeing his flip will help move the game along and leave us to focus on other things.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Vote: Glyph

DtJ Glyphmoney DtJ Glyphmoney Where are you? What are your reads? How do you explains the inconsistencies in your claim? It's been almost a WEEK since you last said anything.
One of the few times a push hasn't ended in OMGUS this game. Townie (or experienced, not sure which) points for Fanny.
lol that lynch was ofc bad.
This post is ofc bad.
There was practically no way he was scum because A. he had the same reads as me B. came up with them naturally with read progression in thread. We had the same reads in our Newbie game together as town and basically won the game by working with each other.
A. That doesn't make him not scum, he might have been trying to get on your good side.
B. Someone having the same reads as you could be them trying to pocket you
C. That wasn't his noobie game, he's been here a while.
From that push, Laundry is probs town for pushing the most, Raziek for actually pointing out the one scummy thing about Maven. Otherwise, the rest seem pretty scummy off of it.
Giving Laundry town points for pushing for a town execution isn't necessarily great logic, nor does Raz get off because he pointed out one scummy thing about Maven. I'm not saying either of them are scum for it, but that doesn't make them town either.
It's strange because my apparently terrible line of logic is netting me all the right reads while the rest of you are floundering.
What makes you think that all of your reads are right?
Also, someone showing the same line of reasoning as you in general is a sign that they're town too.
Where this logic will send you:
mmm...why are you trying to cop out of what I pointed out? There's really no need to resort to attacks like this as well.

Why don't you share what you think of the Maven lynch and what you got out of it rather than flinging things at everyone else for not doing it?
This seems to be Moosy trying to push back on Soup, but being unsure of where to push.
This is just plain not true. If our reads are starkly different in that you are pushing slots that I feel are likely to be Town throughout the entire day phase, of course I'm going to be giving you a perplexed look. Having similar reads is actually a good thing because it allows me to push my agenda. I'm just curious, and it's not entirely relevant, what exactly are you basing your scum reads on? Is it just contradictions that people spout in thread, or are you actually trying to read into intent?
I was with you until the "it allows me to push my agenda", because that makes it sound like you've already decided who is scum and who is town in Bardland.

ScumGlyph is simply not capable of planning like this and ensuring his team's victory. No one in this thread is like that. This is probably the most contrived statement you've made all game.
What makes you so sure?
What you are proposing is that Glyph is literally ********.
What he is proposing is that Glyph is either that or a genius.
He made a post saying he would leave and do nothing and then he left and did nothing.
He actually said he'd answer it later that day, but never got around to answering anything.

That's enough reading for now, I'll get to page 31 later tonight.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
One of the few times a push hasn't ended in OMGUS this game. Townie (or experienced, not sure which) points for Fanny.
This post is ofc bad.
A. That doesn't make him not scum, he might have been trying to get on your good side.
B. Someone having the same reads as you could be them trying to pocket you
C. That wasn't his noobie game, he's been here a while.

Giving Laundry town points for pushing for a town execution isn't necessarily great logic, nor does Raz get off because he pointed out one scummy thing about Maven. I'm not saying either of them are scum for it, but that doesn't make them town either.

What makes you think that all of your reads are right?

Where this logic will send you:

This seems to be Moosy trying to push back on Soup, but being unsure of where to push.
I was with you until the "it allows me to push my agenda", because that makes it sound like you've already decided who is scum and who is town in Bardland.

What makes you so sure?

What he is proposing is that Glyph is either that or a genius.

He actually said he'd answer it later that day, but never got around to answering anything.

That's enough reading for now, I'll get to page 31 later tonight.
As I've already addressed, I first found it strange that Maven had very similar reads as mine and considered the possibility of him pocketing me, but he was making his posts as he was catching up rather than reading everything and then posting, so it would have been impossible for him to have known that I disliked Glyph. He also showed a clear line of read progression. So saying that he made his reads to mirror mine is false.

When I say newbie game, I'm saying he was in my first game here which I think was meant for newbies. At the very least, the level of play from this game is completely different from that one so I consider that game "newbie".

As for the soup point, I already stated that I wouldn't mind lynching him, but that I want to resolve Glyph for now and definitely by today. Also, it's pretty clear I was questioning soup there and the reason why should be pretty obvious. Questioning tends to help me collect reads.

Also, I don't really care if scum tries to pocket me by supporting my lynches. If they help me in mislynches it's obvious later down the line and if they try to defend their scummate if I'm focusing on them, then it'll also become obvious later down the line.

So let me ask you. What was the purpose behind pointing all this stuff out?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
As I've already addressed, I first found it strange that Maven had very similar reads as mine and considered the possibility of him pocketing me, but he was making his posts as he was catching up rather than reading everything and then posting, so it would have been impossible for him to have known that I disliked Glyph. He also showed a clear line of read progression. So saying that he made his reads to mirror mine is false.
Unless he skimmed the most recent page at the time. You seem to have a problem with saying "it's impossible" for a lot of scenarios in which you didn't think about other possibilities before posting.

As for the soup point, I already stated that I wouldn't mind lynching him, but that I want to resolve Glyph for now and definitely by today. Also, it's pretty clear I was questioning soup there and the reason why should be pretty obvious. Questioning tends to help me collect reads.
My point wasn't why you questioning soup and more of why you were questioning Soup so poorly.Your questions didn't really seem to have much purpose or try to prove anything, nor did it provide valuable information from Soup.

Also, I don't really care if scum tries to pocket me by supporting my lynches. If they help me in mislynches it's obvious later down the line and if they try to defend their scummate if I'm focusing on them, then it'll also become obvious later down the line.
This is a dangerous mindset to have. Saying "I don't care if scum tries to pocket me by supporting my lynches" makes it sound like you care more about achieving you personal lynch goals than trying to sniff out who is actually scum. In addition, being pocketed sort of skews your perception on the whole game. For the "if they help me in mislynches", you'd look as suspicious as they would because you both would have voted for a mislynch. For the "if they defend their scummate", the alternate question is what if they don't. If they let their scummate(s) die and get to the point where scum is one away from a majority, a pocketed minion gives them advantage, and there's no hope for town.

tl;dr: Think of all possible scenarios for something you are analyzing before you post.
So let me ask you. What was the purpose behind pointing all this stuff out?
Just stuff I found that seemed fishy while I was reading my way through D2.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Haven't read at all, game happened to overlap with school getting stupid hard and a lot of other offline complications as well. Still trying to sort this mess out, but you nerds should be able to get enough of a bead on my slot from my D1 play to realize pushing my slot is dumb right now. My second ability is a triple vote, which I have not yet triggered but can at any time. Please keep in mind I die if I haven't used both my abilities by the end of D2 as well.

Ryker and Dietz, sorry I've been such a ****lord this day phase but I'm not replacing out since I think this stuff should be decently figured out soon, at least to a level where I can eek out some real content.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
One thought before I go, albeit a more meta thing than anything else. You guys are dumb if you dismiss J's play yesterday for 'being out of his comfort zone' or whatever the reasoning was. That's literally where you can real, substancial reads on a player, not with some pretend pressure where its clear that you're not actually pushing to get them killed. That's why I took such an adamant scum read stance on whoever (forget exactly who, the new guy) yesterday. If you don't actually make scum feel in danger pressure is completely worthless.

I've looked into J's soul and I see scum there. Clearly my stupid garbage logic didn't convince any of you guys but I'm still convinced he's playing the nice guy card way too hard to hide his hand. Do with that what you will, but I'm putting this back where it belongs.

Vote: J

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Unless he skimmed the most recent page at the time. You seem to have a problem with saying "it's impossible" for a lot of scenarios in which you didn't think about other possibilities before posting.

My point wasn't why you questioning soup and more of why you were questioning Soup so poorly.Your questions didn't really seem to have much purpose or try to prove anything, nor did it provide valuable information from Soup.

This is a dangerous mindset to have. Saying "I don't care if scum tries to pocket me by supporting my lynches" makes it sound like you care more about achieving you personal lynch goals than trying to sniff out who is actually scum. In addition, being pocketed sort of skews your perception on the whole game. For the "if they help me in mislynches", you'd look as suspicious as they would because you both would have voted for a mislynch. For the "if they defend their scummate", the alternate question is what if they don't. If they let their scummate(s) die and get to the point where scum is one away from a majority, a pocketed minion gives them advantage, and there's no hope for town.

tl;dr: Think of all possible scenarios for something you are analyzing before you post.

Just stuff I found that seemed fishy while I was reading my way through D2.
Maven clearly didn't read what came later in the thread, so it was basically impossible for him to have known my thoughts on Glyph that I posted very very late in the Day. So saying that he was attempting to pocket me based around that is false. Which basically meant he came up with his reads on his own which happened to match mine. And since they did match mine, it made him town in my eyes.

I don't see how I'm not considering other possibilities when the other possibility is impossible lol.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Haven't read at all, game happened to overlap with school getting stupid hard and a lot of other offline complications as well. Still trying to sort this mess out, but you nerds should be able to get enough of a bead on my slot from my D1 play to realize pushing my slot is dumb right now. My second ability is a triple vote, which I have not yet triggered but can at any time. Please keep in mind I die if I haven't used both my abilities by the end of D2 as well.

Ryker and Dietz, sorry I've been such a ****lord this day phase but I'm not replacing out since I think this stuff should be decently figured out soon, at least to a level where I can eek out some real content.
???

hm....

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Maven clearly didn't read what came later in the thread
How do you know he didn't scan the page? Were you sitting next to him while he was reading the up the entire time checking up on him so that you knew he didn't scan the couple most recent pages? You couldn't possibly know he didn't scan the thread before doing a more thorough re-read.
So saying that he was attempting to pocket me based around that is false.
I mean now we know, it's obviously false. Town would have little reason to pocket someone, but at the time you didn't know for sure that he was town.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
How do you know he didn't scan the page? Were you sitting next to him while he was reading the up the entire time checking up on him so that you knew he didn't scan the couple most recent pages? You couldn't possibly know he didn't scan the thread before doing a more thorough re-read.I mean now we know, it's obviously false. Town would have little reason to pocket someone, but at the time you didn't know for sure that he was town.
He was posting as he was reading. He also liked my posts after he posted his thoughts on Glyph's when he read on and saw my later thoughts on Glyph.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Yes. This is about ensuring that you think twice before going at me again, although I'd have imagined you would have figured it out by now.
So you play the victim of a "tunnel" (line of light questioning) and then you say "This is about ensuring that you think twice before going at me again"?

This slot is also a problem.
Really? You've expressed little to no concern about FML before the post you quoted where he calls you out on talking about how you want to move along your "agenda". Do you have other reasons to be concerned about FML that you missed or is it just this?
he said he was gonna shoot us last night towards the end of yesterday
I must've missed that as well, I'll have to look back and check on that.

Anyways, I'm off to bed soon.

Note to self: Left off on post #1248

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
He was posting as he was reading. He also liked my posts after he posted his thoughts on Glyph's when he read on and saw my later thoughts on Glyph.
Just sayin', he could've avoided liking posts while he was scanning and responded to stuff after the scanning was complete. Just keep your eyes open for future possible pockets, lest you fall in; you want to stay outside of the denim as much as possible.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Ryu if you don't produce quality content I will swing this day to you. I gave you the BotD when you explained moosey and your overall day was pretty much good but you can't just abandon the thread and have no leads.

I want a full opinion on bardull v j and on bardull himself and I want to see how you feel about the voters on mavens wagon.

Rake's here late night boys. Catch up is real

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
With 14 alive it takes 8 to Lynch!
1. FML
2. J [1]: Glyph
3. Soup [1]: Mal_Thug
4. Bardull [4]: J, FML, Laundry, Slick
5. Red Ryu
6. Raziek
7. Mal_Thug
8. Laundry [1]: Soup
9. Fandangox [1]: Bardull
10. Glyphmoney [4]: Fandangox, Moosy, Spak, Zaixl
11. Spak
12. MooseyDoosey [1]: Red Ryu
13. SlickWylde
14. Zaixl

Not Voting: Raziek
Day 2 Deadline is Midnight Eastern Time, Friday the 30th!

FullMetalLynch

Jeez, will you ever lighten up? Like I have no idea what changed you to be so aggressive all the time.

Regardless of that, tell me what you make of Fanny. You liked my post saying that he isn't a lynch option, but I'd like your opinion on slots like Fanny/Mallory.

I'd also like to know your opinion on FML.

I also want to ask you where you thought me and soup were at each other's throats sans the first 6 posts of the day phase because otherwise, we haven't even been looking at each other at all so that line of "Bardull/J/Soup are at each other's throats" is a misinterpretation of what is going on. Bardull v. J makes sense but that's because I am on him and so are you so I don't really get the call out on that one...
Who's scum J

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryu if you don't produce quality content I will swing this day to you. I gave you the BotD when you explained moosey and your overall day was pretty much good but you can't just abandon the thread and have no leads.

I want a full opinion on bardull v j and on bardull himself and I want to see how you feel about the voters on mavens wagon.

Rake's here late night boys. Catch up is real
I told you why I'm not here.

I just finished a class today, and I am working on a midterm I got tomorrow.

Wait please.

FullMetalLynch

FullMetalLynch FullMetalLynch then talk about this instead. talk about it in relation to bardull as well

:186:
J should have been more present to push the glyph agenda. Glyphs actions gave J a great reason to do **** all and come out looking townie for it which is kinda where I stuck him in my pile. But to be honest the one fault to my ok Ness with j is the fact that he's done nothing to actually go out and lynch glyph despite probably having the ability to get it done despite you or anyone else. I don't wanna say j is outright scum because I haven't reaf him in a box yet but it's no Bueno for j to say in hindsight "well that was a bad lynch gj guys shoulda done x" like if you truly believe we shoulda done x where was the drive to get it done

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Still hella busy recently, but if you boners insist on wagoning me then I should say that I am hated so don't put me at L-1 cuz I'll die.

Saw a few questions aimed at me and most of them can be answered with 'I don't care how you think I should play mafia'.

If there's anything particularly critical that I get to tag me in it and I'll try to answer it sometime today.
Uhh hated? Uhh oh.

So noted but still, ugg.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
DtJ Glyphmoney DtJ Glyphmoney do you have any response to Fandango's point of view regarding your slot?
Doing this whole on phone to get you and not related to the post I am quoting.

Why did you semi-crumb a role as the end of the day if you expected to not be rioleblocked? Even more so for semi vig in the woods or something?

Not fishing for your role, just want to understand intent here.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523

Why did you semi-crumb a role as the end of the day if you expected to not be rioleblocked? Even more so for semi vig in the woods or something?

Cuz my role isn't good and I wanted to draw NK/roleblock. Triple vote could be nifty but not in any way that couldn't be accomplished with just majority. Even if I were scum using it to quicklynch would have been super stupid since I would be admitting guilt on D2.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Cuz my role isn't good and I wanted to draw NK/roleblock. Triple vote could be nifty but not in any way that couldn't be accomplished with just majority. Even if I were scum using it to quicklynch would have been super stupid since I would be admitting guilt on D2.
Was for Bardull not you lol.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sorry guys, I've been legitimately busy with school stuffs.

This presumes I did not expect to be roleblocked. I actually didn't expect it, but I'm not conceding as to whether or not said roleblock was a thorn in my side.

TBH, I actually ignored the possibility of a Town Roleblocker. I figured if scum thought I was going to shoot FML, they would actually ignore me if FML was town.

Which makes me wonder why FML was so staunch to begin with in regards to the roleblocker having to be Town. I don't really like the slot since I don't get their direction at all throughout the entirety of the game (and their heavy scum read on me which, uh, doesn't really make sense to me. I don't think they ever gave a good reason for it. Something about me voicing suspicion of Soup but me not pushing Soup regardless? Or was that Laundry? It really seems all sorts of silly to me.) Either way, the roleblock was probably to protect the FML slot, but this would mean that the roleblocker had to have taken my threat seriously.

You guys seems to miss the line where I said "you see the forest for the trees", which affirms that I am not actually a vigilante. Not to be misconstrued as "you can't see the forest for the trees."

Will post more later when I'm free.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Glyph:

Zaixl:
I can't find the place where I said it last, but I'll summarize before I'm off to bed:
I've never seen a self-vote used non-scummily unless the person is EXTREMELY frustrated (although apparently it's normal meta for Zaixl), the slot has always had the popular reads and never justified them, the slot has had no interactions that have even come close to resembling scumhunting, he did a pretty obvious OMGUS and then got upset when someone called him out on it instead of justifiying his vote, and he's had an over-all low level of commitment to anything all game (that is, when he posts, which is nearly never).

Also, I haven't liked Soup's interactions with pretty much anyone as of late. I can't tell if it's frustration or if he's trying to cover something up, but I'll have to re-read the interaction and points against him after I get a decent amount of sleep. Tag or quote me if you need me, and I'll check in the morning.
Have Zaixl's recent posts made you feel any different about the slot? What do you make of Laundry Vs Soup?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fandangox Fandangox In scum!Glyph world, who are his scumbuddies? Are there any that you'd like to try to pressure in his absence?
It's hard to say, because if Glyph made the shot for the purpose of influencing how the thread grew in D1, it could be anyone who is scummy right now. I am still not looking at connections because Glyph's absence on the thread has made it hard to find connections. J would be a possible scummate if, and ONLY IF, we find out Glyph also lied about having the shot abilities, but I don't think he was lying about that.

As of who else, you, and FML, and Ryu because I am having a hard time reading those two slots.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
One thought before I go, albeit a more meta thing than anything else. You guys are dumb if you dismiss J's play yesterday for 'being out of his comfort zone' or whatever the reasoning was. That's literally where you can real, substancial reads on a player, not with some pretend pressure where its clear that you're not actually pushing to get them killed. That's why I took such an adamant scum read stance on whoever (forget exactly who, the new guy) yesterday. If you don't actually make scum feel in danger pressure is completely worthless.

I've looked into J's soul and I see scum there. Clearly my stupid garbage logic didn't convince any of you guys but I'm still convinced he's playing the nice guy card way too hard to hide his hand. Do with that what you will, but I'm putting this back where it belongs.

You've been focusing on J for most of your play, starting from when you decided to target him when there was barely any content in the game to find him to be scum. Answer again:

Why did you make J your shot target? Who are your townreads?

Is there any other reason you are voting J? He always plays the "nice guy" card regardless of alignment. Can you elaborate what about his play is scummy? Is there anyone else you find scummy?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Have Zaixl's recent posts made you feel any different about the slot?
No, he's voting for Glyph to get info. He doesn't think the person he wants to die is scum and lynching only for info is a really bad move in most scenarios.

I'll comment on Soup v. Laundry when I get to it in the re-read.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru

So are you gonna triple vote J then ? I mean it seems like you could steam role the wagon all by your stoney lonesome I'd you wanted to. Plus now Js being talked about so it's not like there's not interest in it either

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
You've been focusing on J for most of your play, starting from when you decided to target him when there was barely any content in the game to find him to be scum. Answer again:

Why did you make J your shot target? Who are your townreads?

Is there any other reason you are voting J? He always plays the "nice guy" card regardless of alignment. Can you elaborate what about his play is scummy? Is there anyone else you find scummy?
Agreed, I'd hate to lynch someone for playing... the way they always play. However, I think either a Glyph or J lynch today would be the most informtative. I believe one of them needs to go, as I really don't believe it's townvtown.

unvote

Gonna vote for one of them, just need to think longer on which one seems scummier.

FullMetalLynch

So are you gonna triple vote J then ? I mean it seems like you could steam role the wagon all by your stoney lonesome I'd you wanted to. Plus now Js being talked about so it's not like there's not interest in it either
**** you smashboards. Stop randomly logging me from FML

Top Bottom