• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
So do you think Moosy/J are scum or merely another faction, e.g Independent? Who's the third if they're scum Raz?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So do you think Moosy/J are scum or merely another faction, e.g Independent? Who's the third if they're scum Raz?
I think Moosy and J are the mafia scumteam. We already have a dead Traitor FML, so I'm not sure why there has to be another?

That still leaves an abduction to be explained, but I'm not concerned with Indy Hunting when I see a claim that presents the mafia to me.

#HBC | ѕoup

The problem I'm having right now is that their claim makes sense from most perspectives, which is really hard to deny. It's a very well thought-out claim that can be proved with their abilities, which is what made me step back.

However, I don't believe both a cop and that combination exist in the game, so I am leaning on the idea of Bardull being scum (unless you have a reason to convince me otherwise), and evidently PoE for the rest, as I know I'm town and that it simply defaults to you/mallo (because I believe Spak).

Tell me why you think it's more likely that Bardull is real compared to Joosy being fake.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think Moosy and J are the mafia scumteam. We already have a dead Traitor FML, so I'm not sure why there has to be another?

That still leaves an abduction to be explained, but I'm not concerned with Indy Hunting when I see a claim that presents the mafia to me.
EBWDB

The thing that worries me: Their claim works for me. And if you were a town mason team and claimed, along with your teammate, and they were scum, they'd be saying the same thing you are.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Do you believe Bardull must be Indy?

He can't be mafia. If he's mafia, him copping and outing Trator FML makes no sense.

#HBC | ѕoup

Does that mean you can't be night killed?
I have a vest, and if I'm shot by the mafia (or even if Glyph shot me) I would survive. That vest is only one-time use however so I'd be vulnerable the next phase.

What do you think of Joosy Slick?

#HBC | ѕoup

Do you believe Bardull must be Indy?

He can't be mafia. If he's mafia, him copping and outing Trator FML makes no sense.
Didn't he say he was gambitting, implying that he didn't actually have a report on FML? I remember that after Spak called him out on not going anywhere.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I have a vest, and if I'm shot by the mafia (or even if Glyph shot me) I would survive. That vest is only one-time use however so I'd be vulnerable the next phase.

What do you think of Joosy Slick?
I tend to believe it. I haven't played with Moosy before, but I've played with J twice, and I just don't see him faking a claim like this. If he does, I think he knows that nobody will believe him in future games, and I know I wouldn't fall for it twice.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I tend to believe it. I haven't played with Moosy before, but I've played with J twice, and I just don't see him faking a claim like this. If he does, I think he knows that nobody will believe him in future games, and I know I wouldn't fall for it twice.
????

That is incredibly naive of you.

Where has J's pro-Town motivation been? When was he scum-hunting?

#HBC | ѕoup

The problem with those whole scenario is that I think Raz has been town with his input and that he could've just blindly agreed to such a hard claim, and began to push on Me/Spak/Mallo without any repercussion. The whole part right now that makes me morally conflicted is that this is no longer town's game, it's J and Moosy's game, and we just have to hope they're town.

#HBC | ѕoup

Yes. I thought he was town ever since the roleblock claim and the fact that he was abducted means he can't be indy either. There's a reason why I jailed him during night. -.-
You know he could've lied, right? He can still be on a team with him and a roleblocker. There's very much one in this game, but missing out on the important fact that it doesn't clear him by any means isn't wise from my perspective.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
You know he could've lied, right? He can still be on a team with him and a roleblocker. There's very much one in this game, but missing out on the important fact that it doesn't clear him by any means isn't wise from my perspective.
That's later down the line anyway. I'm interested in seeing how much Raz and Spak struggle to come up with a reason to explain why they believe in a Mason claim plotted all the way from D1.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I'm here now guys. Sorry I wasn't able to post last night.

I'm going to work on a long post where I claim, and do some analysis, and such but first:

FoS: Raziek

I'll explain in a moment, but he needs to die today.

Additionally, I can corroborate everything that Moosy and J claimed that pertains to me.

I /was/ roleblocked n1, and I did have a private QT where I talked to J for the duration of d2.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Razzle seems to be flailing at the current time trying to throw any possible angle that Joosy is a possibility out there.

Using Occam's Razor, here's a valid question: Why would Moosy claim mason toDay out of the blue and also are you seriously suggesting this is an elaborate ruse set up from D1?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
????

That is incredibly naive of you.

Where has J's pro-Town motivation been? When was he scum-hunting?
I hate this so much.

FML looked like he was scum hunting. LAUNDRY looked like he was scum hunting. I hate that people on this board defend people based off scum hunting. It's really easy to look like you're scum hunting. Again, the last game I played where J was town, he didn't seem to be scum hunting much. I personally don't think it's his style.

And also, this would have to be an incredibly elaborate ruse, executed perfectly. I don't think I'm being naive at all. It's an argument that is compelling.

You come in here saying "They're lying! I'm not going to say what role I am, but they're lying!" That is incredibly fishy to me. I'll agree that I haven't like Moosy much this game, but I never had him as a hard scum read to begin with. I think he made some mistakes, but if I'm using your logic, he DID seem to be scum hunting.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm definitely more of an analyst, but to say I haven't scum-hunted at all is a bold claim considering that I definitely have. I'm the one who had the originally Zaixl push, I'm the one who started the Bardull wagon Laundry tried to take credit for; albeit I did stop both because they started to ring more town, but I have been scum-hunting. I just keep finding town in my pushes and so I am moreso looking at who is more towny than others this game.

I will say that Laundry/FML were on my radar for a long time and I did make that known.

However, the more ironic part about this whole Razzle claim about me is the fact that it is coming from Razzle himself. He hasn't scum-hunted all game. All he has done is hide behind Laundry and float along till this point in the game. Now that Laundry is gone, Razzle has no protection and is lashing out at whatever he can grasp. This is also another reason why I think Razzle is more likely to flip scum out of anyone in the game so far and to say otherwise is meh.

----------

Fun aside comment:

Moosy and I have pretty much disagreed on every read thus far in the game where I wanted to lynch Laundry/FML where he wanted to look elsewhere. The reason I am saying this is because I can see the angst from Soup being real and genuine because I saw similar things from Moosy in our mason chat. I could believe Soup is town, but in that equation that means Sparky is scum for me.

For me, I'm pretty dead set on Razzle then I have one of Soup/Sparky as the final one because we still have the Abductor to deal with so I think it's 1 indy, 2 mafia left. In that scenario though: Mallory is not cleared. The only thing I think is Mafia tried to NK Mallory N1 and the only suggestion I can make is Mallory could be the Abductor. Does that make sense? Possibly.

Another indy candidate could be Soup as well, but I'm not really looking to split hairs at this point.

Slick/Moosy are cleared with Ghost Ryu *bonk* with myself.

Remaining slots that are here toDAY are Razzle>Sparky-Soup>Mallory. (put in order of lynch)

When people keep throwing Bardull's name around and throwing FUD at his slot when he isn't really definitely concerns me that it seems more likely that Mafia is trying to discredit a slot that isn't here rather than him actually being scum. Bardull's play is more likely to be town especially with his Gambit/FML push. That is also why I took such a hard stance yesterDay against FML because Bardull was clearly the more town out of the two and FML was scummy prior to Bardull's push.

Razzle should die toDay and I am just becoming more and more sold on that the more I talk about everyone else in the game.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
So, I just lost the entire post I had been typing up. I guess I'm re-typing up a shorter version now. **** me.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so first I'm Kokonoe, Town Boundary Observer.

I got a once per game Night Action to determine the exact number of non town aligned players on the previous day's lynch. I tried to use my ability N1, but was informed that I had been roleblocked (Thankfully, I was refunded the ability to try to use again later in the game) I didn't use my ability N2 because I thought that the lack of a counter wagon, and the way the votes were spread out wouldn't make it much more useful than normal votal analysis. So I saved it for N3, when the votal looked like this:

BarDuIL (1): FullMetalLynch (#1656)
MoosyDoosy (1): MoosyDoosy (#1879)
FullMetalLynch (6): BarDuIL (#1650), mallorean_thug (#1760), J (#1766), Spak (#1932), SlickWylde (#1976), Raziek (#2063)

Abstaining (1): Laundry, Zaixl

and got back that there were two non town aligned players on the FML lynch. Which was an incredibly informative result.

If the setup is 3 scum, 1 traitor, 1 indy, well, let's look at who wasn't on the wagon. FML was the traitor, Laundry was the Indy, and Zaixl was town. That means that the last scum that stayed off the FML wagon was Moosy, right?

Wrong! This is actually where I screwed up my analysis yesterday too. There is another player that stayed off . . . Soup. I was a little premature in giving him a clear for my analysis because based on what everybody else was saying about the possible abductor role, it didn't seem like it was would be a good play to abduct a teammate. But now that we know that they come back after a day, it seems like a great way to hyperlurk and avoid votal analysis.

So this means that there's definitely one scum between Soup and Moosy.

If I believe Moosy and J, that means that there's only one possible scumteam left, Raziek/Soup/Spak, unless somebody would like to make an argument that Bardull is scum (which would require the setup to be 2 scum, 1 traitor, 2 indies, and I find to be incredibly unlikely separate of that)

So, is it reasonable for me to disbelieve Moosy and J's full claim?

Well, I was definitely roleblocked N1, and Bardull also claimed a roleblock N1. Either Bardull is lying, or we have two roleblocking abilities in the game, and one of them is fakeclaiming. While I sincerely doubt that the scumteam has /two/ roleblockers, I guess I can't dismiss that as a possibility.

I also definitely had a chat with J on Day2. So even if I don't believe their full claim, they also have an ability to create chats.

And then somebody has the ability to abduct people. Either that's an indy, or that's another scum role.

So that means that either a 3 person scumteam has 2 roleblockers, a chat creator, and an abductor, or a 2 person scumteam has the first 3 of those and there's an indy abductor. This still sounds unlikely, but let's see what scumteams that could support.

Well, the possible 3rd members are just spak and J. And because of spak's tracker claim, if he's town, Raziek is probably town (To be scum, he'd have to have not used an ability last night. Though in scum!Joosy world, we do only have 1 confirmed ability happening). But if spak is the second roleblocker, he definitely could have accurately said that Raz didn't go anywhere because he couldn't have.

So J/Moosy/Spak is mechanically possible. Does it seems likely based on today's events? Not at all, and that's on top of the ridiculous role distribution that would be required for it to work.

#HBC | ѕoup

I hope you realize that I stayed off because I wasn't even there that phase due to being abducted.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
The other thing that definitely points to J and Moosy being way more credible here is that outside their claim being true, there isn't a way for the N1 NK to get blocked, unless Fanny's role was a protective one. Everybody else has claimed.

Soup claimed BP, but says he still has his vest, so he can't have soaked the kill. Unless he was lying about still having the vest for some reason?

Anybody that wants to argue against J and Moosy's claim needs to explain where the N1 NK went and why.

#HBC | ѕoup

I have no idea why you would even mention in me that post like it would matter unless you're under presumption that I'm scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

Fwiw if Mallo is actually real then Bardull still has chance of being mafia based on his results.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I have no idea why you would even mention in me that post like it would matter unless you're under presumption that I'm scum.
He was saying you're not in the clear, in case you try to use that as a defense.

#HBC | ѕoup

He was saying you're not in the clear, in case you try to use that as a defense.
In a situation where two evident clears show up out of the blue and PoE leads me to believe that Mallo has to be scum, I definitely have questions in regards as to how that person reads me.

What do you take of his results?

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh, there is something that bothers me a little in regards to Joosy, and it's that they opted out of opening a QT with another player on N2, and only decided to 'jail' Bardull on N3. I don't know why they wouldn't have tried to pry more information out of someone.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
In a situation where two evident clears show up out of the blue and PoE leads me to believe that Mallo has to be scum, I definitely have questions in regards as to how that person reads me.

What do you take of his results?
Alright let me try to analyze this.

"BarDuIL (1): FullMetalLynch (#1656) ---- We know FML is scum already, no need to analyze
MoosyDoosy (1): MoosyDoosy (#1879) ---- Terrible vote that comes off as scummy, doesn't help. (+0)
FullMetalLynch (6): BarDuIL (#1650), mallorean_thug (#1760), J (#1766), Spak (#1932), SlickWylde (#1976), Raziek (#2063)
Abstaining (1): Laundry, Zaixl" ---We know Laundry was Scum, and Zaix was town.

-- So if I believe Mallo, 2/6 are scum.
Slick- Confirmed Town
Mallo- Claims to be "Observer"
Bard- Claims to be "Cop"
J- Claims to be "Mason". Story corroborated by Moosy
Raz- No Claim
Spak- Claims to be "tracker"

Now, you all keep saying there are probably 3 Mafia. So if 2/3 were voting, that only leaves 2 options for the 3rd member, right? The only players currently alive who didn't vote for FML are Moosy and Soup.

So if I buy Joosy's claim, the most logical lynch is soup.

Let me know if I missed something.

Top Bottom