• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Okay so soup is saying I v

It's strange because my apparently terrible line of logic is netting me all the right reads while the rest of you are floundering.

I'm also giving you the benefit of doubt because you literally just said I voted for Maven, went for his lynch, and didn't try to push elsewhere which is exactly the opposite of what I did. There is absolutely no way you could have read my EoD behavior in this way. Like what?
Wasn't a proper vote count and I was looking for an avenue to pressure you, and I thought you voted Maven. That was sloppy on my part but this seems to more going in the direction of who was right/wrong and I won't go there. What happens if glyph is town?

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Okay so soup is saying I v

It's strange because my apparently terrible line of logic is netting me all the right reads while the rest of you are floundering.

I'm also giving you the benefit of doubt because you literally just said I voted for Maven, went for his lynch, and didn't try to push elsewhere which is exactly the opposite of what I did. There is absolutely no way you could have read my EoD behavior in this way. Like what?
One correct read does not equal "all the right reads"

#HBC | ѕoup

#HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry does bardull claiming a shot (he antagonized fml saying he was going to shoot him) and outright claiming to be RBed influence your read on him at all?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Also, someone showing the line of reasoning that you would expect from experience off of a previous town game with them is a sign to townread them. Also, someone showing the same line of reasoning as you in general is a sign that they're town too. Like hello? Literally the main reason why you guys voted for Maven was because he had a different way of obtaining reads that you guys didn't stop to try and understand.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Wasn't a proper vote count and I was looking for an avenue to pressure you, and I thought you voted Maven. That was sloppy on my part but this seems to more going in the direction of who was right/wrong and I won't go there. What happens if glyph is town?
No...you're not going to be able to excuse it just like that. Your posts weren't an attempt at pressuring, they were trying to fling mud without realizing there wasn't any.

#HBC | ѕoup

Moosy is in his own world glorifying his mafia ability so I'm going to proceed to ignore him until he comes back from his journey.

#HBC | ѕoup

No...you're not going to be able to excuse it just like that. Your posts weren't an attempt at pressuring, they were trying to fling mud without realizing there wasn't any.
I'd say the conversation I'm having with you right now is more of pressuring compared to an opening statement as to why you did something, unless you think all questions are loaded.

#HBC | ѕoup

Sue me. I used information not completely accurate to gauge conversation for the sake of developing my read, I admitted it was sloppy but that doesn't take away from the intention behind it.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Moosy is in his own world glorifying his mafia ability so I'm going to proceed to ignore him until he comes back from his journey.
mmm...why are you trying to cop out of what I pointed out? There's really no need to resort to attacks like this as well.

Why don't you share what you think of the Maven lynch and what you got out of it rather than flinging things at everyone else for not doing it?

#HBC | ѕoup

The fact that I want to see what he has to say before putting my vote on him again. If he hasn't given a defense that satisfies me by Wednesday, I'll put my vote back on him.
I'm alright with that, but how do you read the other glyph haters? If you're going on assumption that glyph is scum then certainly one of them is bussing.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Still hella busy recently, but if you boners insist on wagoning me then I should say that I am hated so don't put me at L-1 cuz I'll die.

Saw a few questions aimed at me and most of them can be answered with 'I don't care how you think I should play mafia'.

If there's anything particularly critical that I get to tag me in it and I'll try to answer it sometime today.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm alright with that, but how do you read the other glyph haters? If you're going on assumption that glyph is scum then certainly one of them is bussing.
I that they jumped the gun a little bit. It seems like some of them were trying to avoid pressure for voting Maven and then just refocused it on Glyph hoping the rest of the thread would follow their lead, but that may just be the conspiracy theorist in me.

Saw a few questions aimed at me and most of them can be answered with 'I don't care how you think I should play mafia'.

If there's anything particularly critical that I get to tag me in it and I'll try to answer it sometime today.
I have re-read the game and tend to agree that that Glyph seems pretty scummy. In addition to everything that went on with the shot (only slightly scummy because apparently that's normal meta for him), he didn't respond well to pressure, instantly dropped my case whenever I unvoted him, has been completely inactive since Tuesday, tunneled a slot that has looked fairly town-ish all day long after trying to shoot him, had a weird post saying that his slot didn't need to make it to endgame for him to win, said that he would self-vote in an instant if it meant his reads were followed up on (which assumes he knows more about people's slots than the average townie), and he hasn't really contributed much to the thread other than being hotly debated for his controversial actions.
Could you try defending these points in a way that isn't 'I don't care how you think I should play Mafia'? Because anybody could just say 'That's just how I play Mafia' to anything that they do and then we'd get literally nowhere.

#HBC | ѕoup

Tell me more about your conspiracy theory, as that didn't completely answer me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: Haven't seen him claim a shot.

Still hella busy recently, but if you boners insist on wagoning me then I should say that I am hated so don't put me at L-1 cuz I'll die.

Pls give your thoughts on the Maven wagon, how it formed, and what slot on it you think is scummiest.

Pick the scummiest hater from yesterday.

Do you still think J is obvscum?

:186:

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
With 14 alive it takes 8 to Lynch!
1. Orboknown + Rake (FullMetalLynch)
2. J
3. Soup
4. Bardull [1]: J
5. Red Ryu
6. Raziek
7. Mal_Thug
8. Laundry
9. Fandangox [1]: Bardull
10. DtJ Glyphmoney [2]: Fandangox, Moosy
11. Spak
12. MooseyDoosey [1]: Red Ryu
13. SlickWylde
14. Zaixl

Not Voting: FML, Soup, Raziek, Mal_Thug, Laundry, Glyph, Slick, Zaixl, Spak
Day 2 Deadline is Midnight Eastern Time, Friday the 30th!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What I'm hearing is: "If you vote for Glyph you're scummy." "If you don't vote for Glyph you're dumb."

#HBC | ѕoup

He claimed he was gonna shoot FML during d1. Can't bring up the post number but I digress.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Takamagahara Takamagahara

What is the hypothetical outcome on a player not being found for Zaixl? I'm exhausted in player resources, but I was curious as to what will happen.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Soup, do you think Laundry is scum? Who's side are you more on in the Fanny vs. Bardull situation? I'd also like your responses to my questions I asked earlier.

I want to just blurt out all my scum-reads, but at the same time I know that would not be the wisest thing to do.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Tell me more about your conspiracy theory, as that didn't completely answer me.
Well, I thought everyone who voted Glyph at the start of D1 could be in cahoots and trying to shed attention from the Maven vote to get us back to focusing on Glyph, and then I decided I would exclude Fanny from the conspiracy team because he actually tagged Glyph and voted as an encouragement to defend himself (by the way, why didn't Glyph get a prod yesterday?). Then I looked at the team, saw Moosy (who didn't vote Maven at all, but I heavily disagree with his voting logic) and that was pretty much every Glyph vote since D2. The way you talked about it made the entire Glyph vote at the start of D2 seem like a huge deal, when it was only ~14% of the player list. I thought the conspiracy theory would be the scum trying to start a wagon, but my theory is now you overreacting and trying to start an undeserved push against Fanny and (a slightly deserved push against) Moosy.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, do you think Laundry is scum? Who's side are you more on in the Fanny vs. Bardull situation? I'd also like your responses to my questions I asked earlier.

I want to just blurt out all my scum-reads, but at the same time I know that would not be the wisest thing to do.
Haven't reached the laundry conclusion because my read was unabashedly based on meta and overall feeling, but I don't wanna give laundry a free pass because he knows how to sell himself and I wanna look more into his angle after being wrong on maven. It just annoyed me people like moosy came out and said he was town because he lead the lynch.

Bardull and fanny doesn't make me feel different about either really, though I will say that I like bardull's intention to claim the RB, even if it's pure WIFOM.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What do you make of FML? They are someone on my radar because I keep looking at their play and not really seeing scum-hunting, but fire fanning.

I mean, they made a big deal about pushing Red Ryu yesterDay, but then simultaneously folded onto Zaixl within a page span.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Things I want to see toDay:

Bardull vs. Fanny to continue
Laundry vs. Soup to happen because Laundry has been hinting at it and I need to see what he has there.
Raziek and Glyph to do anything.
FML to come in and actually vote/push a slot instead of being in the background.
And I want a replacement/decision on the Zaixl slot.

We've got a lot to do toDay.

#HBC | ѕoup

What do you make of FML? They are someone on my radar because I keep looking at their play and not really seeing scum-hunting, but fire fanning.

I mean, they made a big deal about pushing Red Ryu yesterDay, but then simultaneously folded onto Zaixl within a page span.
Inoffensive. I didn't like that either but he's more of a "wait and see" slot for me, and his explanation for why he dropped it wasn't worth pursuing as he isn't inclined to keep pushing it unless there is context for him being scummy for doing so, which I don't think is the case.

I wanna look more at Raz because he read to me the most isolated and just someone who was there during the lunch but otherwise nit a presence. He might have been catching up but he quickly decided to roll on maven based on memory and never really offered alternatives.

#HBC | ѕoup

Zaixl is still my pocket lynch but giving the replacement some time to see if he leaves a better impression is more important to me.

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
Takamagahara Takamagahara

What is the hypothetical outcome on a player not being found for Zaixl? I'm exhausted in player resources, but I was curious as to what will happen.
I personally take over for the slot and take pot shots at the rest of thread as a tree-stump

Likely it would have to be modkilled come end of Day phase if we were wholly unable to find a replacement.

#HBC | ѕoup

Well, I thought everyone who voted Glyph at the start of D1 could be in cahoots and trying to shed attention from the Maven vote to get us back to focusing on Glyph, and then I decided I would exclude Fanny from the conspiracy team because he actually tagged Glyph and voted as an encouragement to defend himself (by the way, why didn't Glyph get a prod yesterday?). Then I looked at the team, saw Moosy (who didn't vote Maven at all, but I heavily disagree with his voting logic) and that was pretty much every Glyph vote since D2. The way you talked about it made the entire Glyph vote at the start of D2 seem like a huge deal, when it was only ~14% of the player list. I thought the conspiracy theory would be the scum trying to start a wagon, but my theory is now you overreacting and trying to start an undeserved push against Fanny and (a slightly deserved push against) Moosy.
No idea how you got that I dislike moosy or fanny, I merely asked your opinion and you came at me pretty harshly. How do you read moosy comparative to fanny?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Thanks for the answer, mod.

I like both Moosy and Sparky, but I kind of disagree with a lot of what they are saying. Though disagreement isn't inherently scummy. I just find both misguided in their attempts to scum-hunt and I see the gears turning/trying to convey what they mean.

Wouldn't vote either of them for toDay's sake.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Fanny v. Bard won't happen until tonight. It's not going to be some grand spectacle though. Frankly the vote isn't that great to begin with, but I'm not a fan of Fanny's tone.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
What disagreement? There's no "disagreement" to be had because J wasn't making any argument there. He made what I thought was a dumb and pointless question, hence the tone, I was trying to get an answer, and a read, out of him.
Yes, it could be looked at this way too, or it could be looked at as a subtle attempt at applying more pressure to the J slot.

"Mechanical" Suggest Thug was looking at the game from a perspective that ignores player's intents and thread context, try again.
Try again? I don't need to; if "a perspective that ignores player's intents and thread context" equates to being mechanical, then you are throwing a presupposition into the question that obviously doesn't make Thug look great.

I know you can read Bardul, so read again. I didn't chalk up his actions to WIFOM I was telling everyone else NOT TO because everyone keeps saying "why would Scum!Glyph put so much attention on himself?" A textbook-definition WIFOM approach, something that you are STILL doing with this slot.
WIFOM means that an action can be looked at in one of two ways. Wine-In-Front-Of-Me. He could have done this because of this, but he might be smart enough to know that would happen and did this, and so on.

The thing is, I don't think Glyph walked into this thread thinking he was going to get away scott-free

Invalid, given the above.

lmao, me trying to bounce off Laundry to get better reads on him, and his targets is bothersome just because you are part of the question? Please.
This is what I mean by tone. Reads as an arrogant wiener. Regardless, I feel like the post you are referring to easily could have been a subtle attempt at misdirection.

Startk reads doesn't mean much., just as having similar reads with someone else shouldn't mean much either. How is this worrisome? Why act now instead of before?
This is just plain not true. If our reads are starkly different in that you are pushing slots that I feel are likely to be Town throughout the entire day phase, of course I'm going to be giving you a perplexed look. Having similar reads is actually a good thing because it allows me to push my agenda. I'm just curious, and it's not entirely relevant, what exactly are you basing your scum reads on? Is it just contradictions that people spout in thread, or are you actually trying to read into intent?

He doesn't have to do a damn thing to "lead" once he has set the seeds and the rest of thread moves in motion, specially considering that if he is scum, his teamates would do that for him.
ScumGlyph is simply not capable of planning like this and ensuring his team's victory. No one in this thread is like that. This is probably the most contrived statement you've made all game.

I don't know what this is referring to.

You conveniently leave out that it was about 1 hour to deadline, Maven had 6 votes, and Glyph had 3. No one else was gunning for glyph, it was either vote Maven, or risk a no lynch. Get out of of here with this nonsense.
This portion seems pretty salty, but I guess you kind of have to concede to excusing yourself with policy. :smirk:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
WIFOM means that an action can be looked at in one of two ways. Wine-In-Front-Of-Me. He could have done this because of this, but he might be smart enough to know that would happen and did this, and so on.

The thing is, I don't think Glyph walked into this thread thinking he was going to get away scott-free
continued: you are proposing I am taking a 'textbook' WIFOM approach to his slot, but that's just not true. The alternative you are suggesting is so completely unlikely to happen. In standard WIFOM cases, one side has almost as much of a likelihood of occurring as another, but what you are suggesting is that Glyph came into the thread, tried to 'plant the seeds' or whatever you want to call it, and then try to set everything in motion for his mates to take control of the thread. What are you even on? If this is true, then I demand to hear from you who his scum mates are, because I did not see any of his mates capitalizing on his 'seed planting.' I'm calling bull**** on your seed planting theory.

What I'm really telling you is that you're flat out wrong, because this has got to be the worst method I have ever seen for Scum to take...ever. You realize you are suggesting that Glyph tried to 'plant the seeds' by using an ability that could have killed J? Do you not realize that everyone in this game would immediately look at him with scrutiny as a result? Do you realize how stupid and foolish it would be for him to do that?

What you are proposing is that Glyph is literally ********.

#HBC | ѕoup

I want to care about fanny vs. Spak more and it's just highly centered around glyph instead of each other. Can you two cover a basis of dislike aside from how you feel about glyph? It just looks like you two are picking on each other saying 'well YOUR glyph read is wrong therefore you suck' ad naseum.

Top Bottom