• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Also yeah u got me im just spamming and nothing I say is useful

#HBC | ѕoup

J Graces his with his beautiful presence with no repercussions while im just spamming

Lmfao this is insulting

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I don't see the Soup lynch today. Why is him voting for either Zaix or Maven scummy?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I'd be down for Soup toDay. However I would vote Glyph>Zaixl if we couldn't swing it with how the votes are.

I also heavily disliked Bardull's last post of anyone voting Glyph is probably scum. Like, what even?
Okay, don't just say that you dislike it. Where does it place him in your reads and how does it affect your thoughts on him? Is there anything else you find strange in that post?

#HBC | ѕoup

I hate J so much this Gane while he gets to be non-committal and not follow up on any of his votes holy ****

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I don't see the Soup lynch today. Why is him voting for either Zaix or Maven scummy?
soup's scum read is on J but he's not pursuing it. The strange thing is the timing of how he decided to vote for Zaixl and Maven instead as it came after he provided his really bad reasoning on his J tunnel. The points were basically reiterations of: "I don't want to be wrong" and "He has not treated me well, I dislike him".

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Soup blows up at me when my vote isn't even on him, yet Mallor votes him and he does nothing.

Like that doesn't make sense and I also didn't call Glyph town in my big post.

#HBC | ѕoup

J: umm idk soup and Ryu are scummy but I'm not going to actually question or try to develop my read on him!!

Everyone else: OH MY GOD SO TOWN BLESS J I WANT HIM TO **** MY ASS SO GOOD LEAD US CHOSEN ONE

Me: *spends all my time trying to explain my reads and progress them*

Everyone else: SO SCUMMY YOURE JUST SPAMMING AND ATTACKING POOR J

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay, don't just say that you dislike it. Where does it place him in your reads and how does it affect your thoughts on him? Is there anything else you find strange in that post?
Bardull's in that weird pile and I dislike it because it's just bad to say "everyone voting Glyph is scum" because that qualifier is lame.

I'll see if anything else strikes out when I get to a computer.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup blows up at me when my vote isn't even on him, yet Mallor votes him and he does nothing.

Like that doesn't make sense and I also didn't call Glyph town in my big post.
Blow me

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J: umm idk soup and Ryu are scummy but I'm not going to actually question or try to develop my read on him!!

Everyone else: OH MY GOD SO TOWN BLESS J I WANT HIM TO **** MY *** SO GOOD LEAD US CHOSEN ONE

What game are you reading?

Cuz I wanna be in that game haha.

#HBC | ѕoup

Youre not the sole reason I'm blowing up but the mall vote sure pissed me off

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yet it's directed solely at me.

I'm gonna tell you what myself and Sang told you in Zombies:

Leave the thread and breathe then come back when you aren't heated.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
soup's decision to vote on either Zaixl or Maven is strange too. They're both easy mislynches as the old power players don't seem to like them and it'll be easy to sheep them without incurring their wrath like I'm currently doing.

There are also plenty of other things. His push on Spak was full of flawed reasoning and the way he backed out of the read was through asking for a meta read from players. If he really believed in his points and his push on Spak, he shouldn't just throw it all away for a meta read. It's also how he was looking for an excuse to get off of Spak as he had already unvoted when asking for the meta read because he wanted to get off of a bad mislynch.

There's also his whole waffly posting concerning Glyph's shot where he sets himself up for a lynch either way.

Oh, and his reads post which was full of town reads. This is really weird. There were plenty of reasons to scum read various people in the thread or null read them but he somehow comes up with reasoning to town read almost everyone except for basically two people. This would be really easy to do as scum since he knows alignments and it's really difficult to come up with reasons to scum read people and not town read them with knowledge he already knows.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
TBH though J plays like this whether or not he's scum. It's his playstyle.

Everyone else: OH MY GOD SO TOWN BLESS J I WANT HIM TO **** MY *** SO GOOD LEAD US CHOSEN ONE

It sucks to feel like that, but I think you're misreading the situation. I think a lot of people suspect J, we're just not being as vocal about it. And he's a powerful player, so of course some people are going to believe him (whether or not he's scum). However I do know from seeing him play town, he acts this way with whatever role he has.

I will say this: J is a sneaky guy, and I do think I've noticed a few times when he avoided questions (I will try to go back and quote). I don't think he's a good candidate for today, but I actually have been appreciating the pressure you're putting on him. I'm planning on doing that more tomorrow, if I live.

Can you explain why you switched from him to Zaix or Maven?

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm trying not to But I keep getting misinterpreted

Every single ****ing time lol

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
meh, I still want Glyph lynched lol. I won't mind a soup lynch either as I've been saying but I'm set on seeing Glyph's flip.

#HBC | ѕoup

TBH though J plays like this whether or not he's scum. It's his playstyle.

It sucks to feel like that, but I think you're misreading the situation. I think a lot of people suspect J, we're just not being as vocal about it. And he's a powerful player, so of course some people are going to believe him (whether or not he's scum). However I do know from seeing him play town, he acts this way with whatever role he has.

I will say this: J is a sneaky guy, and I do think I've noticed a few times when he avoided questions (I will try to go back and quote). I don't think he's a good candidate for today, but I actually have been appreciating the pressure you're putting on him. I'm planning on doing that more tomorrow, if I live.

Can you explain why you switched from him to Zaix or Maven?
*deep breath* give me until I get on a computer. I think i'm good now

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Could we stop with the "J's a sneaky player/J is this and that" nonsense?

Like its just becoming bellicose and quite frankly it's unnecessary.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
what is this?

Forget the Soup wagon not realy interested, I mostly tuned out the more recent back and forth since it was mudslinging a lot, Maven/Moosy both need to die right now me thinks.

Zalix works as well at this point as a fallback.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Could we stop with the "J's a sneaky player/J is this and that" nonsense?

Like its just becoming bellicose and quite frankly it's unnecessary.
I actually meant it as a compliment. I think the best players are always sneaky, whether or not they're scum. (A sneaky town player might want to seem a little suspicious to avoid getting night killed)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Also, when I see that a player is upset, I try to help them, because I want everyone to have fun. So I was just talking to him. I don't find that useless, and I think it helped. But sure, I'll stop talking about how sneaky you are, unless I see something specific related to this game where you're currently being sneaky :)

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Anyone voting Glyph is probably scum.
Terrible post. If Glyph flips town it gives you leeway to pursue anyone who voted him. smh

What you guys don't seem to be able to answer is "why would glyph come out of the gate, bring all of this attention to himself with an ability he has GOT to know would make him look incredibly suspicious, especially upon a J townflip, and then start tunneling J while bringing even more attention to himself AS SCUM?"
Because its WIFOM

THAT'S WHY NO ONE IS ANSWERING IT BARDULL

That being said, no one has been able to point out a good reason why Scumglyph would ever do this. You'd think even his partners would tell him not to do it. This looks like a clear-cut case of Glyph flying solo and doing his own thing as Town, and he's done it before in other games where he's done some BS **** to get people riled up.
How about being able to control the direction of the phase? What direction has Glyph pursued, What alternatives to the focus his action brought has he presented? Scum gains a lot from directing town's focus.

Read my 892, and give me your opinion on that.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
mallorean_thug mallorean_thug waiting for that promised post please~~

what is this?

Forget the Soup wagon not realy interested, I mostly tuned out the more recent back and forth since it was mudslinging a lot, Maven/Moosy both need to die right now me thinks.

Zalix works as well at this point as a fallback.
^-^ And this is why I frankly think you're scum. You refuse to actually read posts and present counterarguments. Instead you mudsling yourself.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
So, other people have already gone over this first point, but it bears repeating. As soon as Soup decided to vote J, he started pushing this completely fake J vs Glyph dichotomy with posts like #684, #693, #717, and #720 that simply isn't true. Multiple posters had already said that the J vs Gyph fight could be TvT, but Soup started pretending that they didn't exist to push the poisonous meme that there had to be 1 scum between them, and we needed to lynch one at least for "info". Furthermore, if he could get people to believe in that, it would force the thread to continue focusing on nothing but the dayvig topic for all of Day1. Our generously long D1 that we really could use to look into /at least/ one other thing.

After J responds to Soup's vote, Soup decided to make his case in #801 and #816 on J entirely about the thing between him and J. Sure, J wasn't really engaging Soup on certain points, but all Soup got out of that was a self-conscious "What about Me, Me, Me?". This always strikes me as scummy, because it means that Soup doesn't actually care about what J thinks about other posters in the game. Which is just crazy to me from a town perspective. If I was as sure as Soup seems to be that J was scum, I'd really want to make him give concrete opinions on the posters that I /don't/ already know the alignment of. I don't really care if my target thinks I'm town or not, because I /know/ I'm town. I want to find his scummates, or find the people that the scumteam feels the need to buddy. This is even worse, because Soup uses this to escalate the entire thing into the stratosphere, letting him conveniently ignore the rest of the things in the thread.

And then you have his new readwall in #877, #879, and #880. Who does he even give scumreads on? He wants to kill Zaixl, and he says he hates J. He gives null reads on all the less active players (Spak, me, Fanny, Bard, Raziek), but then also throws some shade on that group as a whole, rather than really picking out any single one. But then just concludes with wanting togive up on J, and kill Zaixl or Maven, despite barely saying anything about Maven. Even calling the case on Maven "decent, but that's about it" This is really the dealbreaker for me. He gives out a bunch of town and null reads, keeps his options open on his nulls for later, and then wants to pursue the easy lynches and give up his earlier pressure.

What among all of that is town? What among all of that is scumhunting? What among all of that deserves to live till D2?

I'm not even going to touch on the blowup after my vote, because it feels like its just trying to distract the thread even more with Soup vs J uselessness.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think you're town though and have you listed as such?
. **** I hate being at work

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
mall vote sure pissed me off
Hihi Soup!

If you're actually town and I'm completely mistaken, could you please answer me a few questions?

In your own words, why should I lynch Maven instead of you today? If you're really willing to go for that lynch, I want something way better than sheeping Laundry before you move your vote over there in self-defense while you still have the time to type something substantive up.

You were pretty adamant about the towniness of Glyph earlier in the game. How does that match your current thoughts? What do you think about the people that have voted him at some point this game? (Note, J has never voted Glyph, so he isn't a valid topic for this answer)

Which player do you want to hear from again the most before the end of D1? Ask that player some questions for whenever they get to the thread.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
mallorean_thug mallorean_thug

I have a question or so for you since we haven't interacted in thread like at all primarily.

Why do you keep doing vote countals for the thread? I mean, I am appreciative, but I don't get the why behind it.

I'd also like your opinion on Moosy vs. Ryu. And you say that you would consider Maven (through implication of reading your post at soup), but what do you make of Bardull and in turn, what do you make of Fanny? Fanny I would like to discuss with you because he seems pretty firm on his read on you which has been for a while now.

Fandangox Fandangox

Talk to me about Mallory please. I want to actually see the why behind the dislike of that slot. I also see that you are harping on Glyph for mainly inconsistencies of shooting which is fair game, but again I still feel the urge to point out how that is scummy>anti-town since I feel you haven't done so explicitly.

Unvote

Mainly because I fail to see Ryu wagon happening and I would be lying if I didn't say that a majority of his responses actually made me more happy with his slot and okay with him living toDay then not over other slots.

@Maven89

What do you make of the current wagon on your slot gaining steam and also seeming to be pushing towards your lynch becoming more of a possibility.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Like I get soup's anguish and I am a sucker towards emotion because I think regardless of alignment, soup is feeling really down and dejected regarding this game and I hate seeing that of a player.

Meh, I'm such a bleeding heart when it comes to DGames.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Why do you keep doing vote countals for the thread? I mean, I am appreciative, but I don't get the why behind it.
Hi, I am keeping a spreadsheet with a record of all of the votes this game for my own analysis purposes, so the first thing I do every time I load the thread is record all the votes that have happened since the last time I read the thread. Then, since looking at that votal is going to influence my next couple posts, and I don't have to put any further work into generating it (yay macros), I share it with the thread. Also, I like my format way more than the standard here.

tldr: votals are for me, saw no reason not to share because its not actually any extra work.

Give me a couple minutes on your other questions.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Like I get soup's anguish and I am a sucker towards emotion because I think regardless of alignment, soup is feeling really down and dejected regarding this game and I hate seeing that of a player.

Meh, I'm such a bleeding heart when it comes to DGames.
The way he responded sounds like someone who's genuinely upset that people aren't listening to him, as opposed to feigning that kind of reaction. If it didn't seem legitimate, i'd have him as a scum read.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey guys, it's about 5 hours till deadline and we still have no clear lynch.

Get in here please.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I wanted to get some rereading in first, but it looks like I've run out of time. Quick thoughts:

Moosy vs Ryu: I don't like either?

Like, I kind of assumed that Ryu would be a strong player here given his big red banner, but he goes pushing an obviously new player here for new player things, right after said player adopts a hard stance that goes against the mood of the thread? Everybody since has said that Ryu being that unoriginal is standard play for him, but I definitely haven't been impressed by how his pressure has proceeded since then, even as other players have suggested possibly stronger reasons to put Moosy on the chopping block.

On the Moosy side though, he seems to be playing more "newscum" than "newtown" from what I've seen. He's sticking to very mechanical reasons for his lynch, followed along with ideas pushed by stronger players, and while he's asking questions, none of them have really struck me as probing, or even inquisitive, just "Hey I'm here, I read your post, and now I'm point an @ towards you. Maybe answer? It will be fine if you don't though, because the answer won't help the thread".

And then, they've both kind of ignored the other. I mean, I'd prefer that to mudslinging, but it hasn't done a lot to make me actually commit to the two not being aligned in my head, especially since its been clear since the beginning that a Moosy lynch wasn't happening today over a Maven one. I'd really like a topic other than Glyph for these two to talk to each other about, but that's most of what the thread's been willing to talk about, so we haven't gotten to see it yet.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
and in turn, what do you make of Fanny? Fanny I would like to discuss with you because he seems pretty firm on his read on you which has been for a while now.
J pls.

Considering the above, why entertain J as an option then? Also right now aside from Glyph, Thug's first half of posts had no substance, but honestly still not very sure about that one, considering his recent posts actually have scumhunting intent on them.
Glyph and Thug are my scum leans, Glyph because pretty much everything surrounding his actions just don't make sense to me, and I don't buy his explanations, Thug because I really disliked his entry into the game, and subsequent posts, with only a few posts where I truly saw scum hunting intent that have stopped me considering the slot at the moment.
pls.

Fandangox Fandangox

Talk to me about Mallory please. I want to actually see the why behind the dislike of that slot. I also see that you are harping on Glyph for mainly inconsistencies of shooting which is fair game, but again I still feel the urge to point out how that is scummy>anti-town since I feel you haven't done so explicitly.
I already explained why I dislike the slot, and I have alread said why I am not pursuing it. I disliked the slot because his early posts consisted of: Only mechanical process, prodding, and filler posts like ranting about the lack of votes, and making countvotes himself. But as I said, his latest posts show scumhunting intent, and his last post to Soup has very good questions in particular, I am not gonna pursue that slot at the moment.

And about Glyph. Read my 892 and give me your thoughts on it. Its not just inconsistencies in his game, he failed to reply to pressure posts by eventually just saying he didn't care if his slot died, he stopped scumhunting and posting all together as time went on, he is arguably the game's focus point and he hasnt done anything pretty much for 2/3 of the game.

Top Bottom