• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blastzone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Welcome to the first of a-hopefully-sucessful chain of tournaments! This being the first time hosting a tournament, it is highly likely that i will forget to add stuff to this description and/or need to confirm other things. all you need to know for now is that there is a confirmed venue with 20 tv's minimum and accomodation at the venue, and with a bit of luck we will be able to host tournaments outside of london for the first time in an age XD
The event is guarantee'd to take place during april, most likely during school/college holidays so you school kids wont have to worry about missing classes for the tournament!

1. As you get off the train, there will be a car park on one side, you can opt to take a taxi which will be waiting in a taxi bay in the car park. in which case you simply tell them the postcode of the venue. (1024 3pu)
2. if you choose not to do this, walk through the car park out to the road and turn left along the road, this should be signposted as station road as soon as you turn out of the car park there is a bus stop from here you can take the t1 bus to the bus station, it leaves at XX:28 every hour if you decide to do this, follow the instructions to get to the venue from the bus station below
3. if you chose to simply walk, follow the road down untill you reach a t-junction, then turn right down onto london road the road will curl to the left, but follow the road untill you reach a crossroad with a pub called 'the chase' on one of the corners (this will be the second crossroad you come across)
4. go straight across and continue downlondon road and after about 3 minutes of walking you will find that there is a cemertary on your left, once you reach the cemetary you need to turn right down st martins way (it will be signposted as 'redcastle furzé' at the point where you must turn right)
5. you will walk past a school , once you reach the end of the road it will turn off to the left, instead you turn right, down a path which leads to a few shops and down there is the venue!

From the bus station:
1. As you gett of the bus, there will be a river on one side, with two bridges going over it, one of them has a road going over it, go over to that bridge, and walk in the opposite direction of the bridge down a road called bridge street, this should be the route which the coach took to enter the coach station.
2. as you get to the end of the road there will be a crossroad, go left and turn onto brandon road
3. shortly after this you will come across yet another set of crossroads which has a pub called 'the chase' on one of the corners
4. go left onto london road and after about 3 minutes of walking you will find that there is a cemertary on your left. once you reach the cemetary you need to turn right down st martins way (it will be signposted as 'redcastle furzé' at the point where you must turn right)
5. you will walk past a school , once you reach the end of the road it will turn off to the left, instead you turn right, down a path which leads to a few shops and down there is the venue!
Thetford
Norfolk
IP24 3PU
Image on the venue: http://www.redcastlefurze.co.uk/images/P090209_13.11%5B01%5D.JPG
you can also search the location on Google maps VIA the Postcode
the venue is roughly a 5-minute walk from the bus stop, and a little bit longer from the train station.
From southern areas, i recommend taking a coach from National Express headed for Norwich. The best coach to catch is from Victoria coach station, which stops in Stratford and thetford(the place of the event)
for those too lazy to go and look, i've gotten the page ready for you
http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/Offers/funfares.cfm?sd=01042011

As for those travelling from north, i Suggest taking the Train via http://uk.megabus.com/default.aspx in which you can take trains from sheffield, nottingham or chesterfield (among other stops in between)
once again, you have to search for Norwich. and the last stop before norwich is thetford

Alternatively...
you could search for travel to cambridge or norwich and then take the standard train to thetford heading towards norwich or cambridge respectively

Entry Fee: £4 or £5
Accomodation Fee: £4 or £3
Venue Open from: Midday saturday till 9am sunday

Brawl Singles: £4
Brawl Doubles: £5 per team
Melee Singles: £4
Melee Doubles: £5 per team
Signup: Midday till 2pm
Event: 2pm till midnight

Crews: Submit 3-man crews in the social thread, if enough team are submitted then a single elim crews bracket will be made
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297389

Side Events:
Super Street Fighter IV / Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (xbox 360)
Pokemon (Generation IV)

Payout (all events):
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

(if we get enough entrants in one event, i may change 3rd and 4th to 10% and 5% respectively)

Standard rules

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Team attack is ON

* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion

* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned. Extending it via the air is acceptable.

* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played.

* Pause must be turned off on all system's, this is to avoid a situation where someone accidentally pauses during mashing out (this is for you cong)

* When a suicide move is initiated, the player that initiated the suicide wins the match ONLY if it proceeds to a 'sudden death' match. if it goes to the 'winner' screen then whoever the game states won is the victor.

* Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.

* There will be a 50 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 50 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 50 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

* Should the tournament be held up by one player (i.e: deliberately not playing a bracket in game) they will be called to a tv to play that game, if they do not start within 5 minutes it is an automatic loss of the first match, if they do not start after 10 minutes, it is an automatic loss of set.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Stage list
Neutral stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick stages: (each player receives 1 ban per set)

Castle seige
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Standard Rules

*Pools+Double Elimination, best of 3. Best of 5 for Finals

*4 Stock

*8 minutes Stocktime

*If the timer runs out the player with the most stock left wins. In case of a stock tie the player with the lowest percentage wins (so the Sudden Death does not count in this case). In case of a percentage tie the Sudden Death is played.

*Items are off.

*Pools rules: because there if a lot of misunderstanding with poules i wanna give some clear ground rules: of for some reason 2 players seem to have ended up in a tie we will review who wins in this order:
1. Number of sets won, if this is a tie we will go to the second factor
2. Total matches won, if this is also a tie we will go to the last factor
3. Head to Head battle outcome

* Stage bans: basically every other level
the other levels are allowed if opponent AGREES to play it

* Daves Stupid Rule (DSR) is used.
* Advanced Slop Picks (ASP) is used

* Stalling tactics such as Peach bombering or rising pound are banned unless when used for recovery.

* Rules for teams:
Team attack is on. Due to lag issues Fountain of Dreams will be replaced by Yoshi’s story in the random stages.
All other rules are the same as 1 vs 1.

Stagelist

Neutrals
* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Fountain of Dreams (banned in Doubles)
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story

Counterpick
* Pokémon Stadium (neutral in Doubles)

If this is not possible then please send me a Private Message on this board.
A link to this event will be on AIB soon. be patient
Alcohol and illegal substances are strictly BANNED!!! if you are caught using drugs or alcohol you will be removed from the venue and not allowed back in!!!!
Be sure to advertise this to fellow smashers that may not visit the boards that often!
Social thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12158954#post12158954
Allisbrawl tournament link http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11654

Heartstring

Smash Legend
OKAY! this event is ready to go, so here we go for a confirm list thus far! if you are confirmed for this event then make sure to post it in the social thread OR send me a private message confirming yourself! also, if you are in dire need of housing on Friday night then make sure to send a PRIVATE MESSAGE!

Confirmed for Brawl:
G~P
Teh_Shlurpie
C.R.Z
J.miller
Doplghost
Anaky
Ryuken
Smudge
Auroreon
MTR
Pafos
Harlex
DNE
Fuzzy
Gregg
Manson

Confirmed for Melee:
Bullet Bill
VA
Yeniths
Rustediron
Auroreon
Fuzzyness
Professor pro
Tamoo
X1-12
Jolteon

Heartstring

Smash Legend
might aswell get it sorted early amirite?

also andy votes counterpick too
ban 0
counterpick 2

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
why B&W for a side event? lol it's so new everyone sucks >_>

the venue sounds really cool though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
melee singles £5 >_> lol

this looks nice, confirmed? how much is the venue?

schedule?
you want a payout dont you?
its pretty much confirmed, so pelase dont host gt in april too ^.^
also, i can easily change it to a gen 4 side event if that suits everyone

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
well i dislike gen 4 and lack experience with it, but it's probably what most people would prefer.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Those dates are just before we get residence at Cambridge, so we can't really house anyone. Though it does mean I can go straight to Cambridge from the tournament, which is helpful as it saves me a couple of hours :D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Those dates are just before we get residence at Cambridge, so we can't really house anyone. Though it does mean I can go straight to Cambridge from the tournament, which is helpful as it saves me a couple of hours :D
i see, thats a shame. i'll remove that from the main post then. this means that theres like, 4 spaces for accomodation on friday XD

also, gen 4 it is. more people will have that anyway

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Alcohol and illegal substances are strictly BANNED!!! if you are caught using drugs or alcohol you will be removed from the venue and not allowed back in!!lo

lol tesco where you at

also i was wondering you should make the pot 60 30 10

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
How many entrants are you aiming for? National in England is long overdue!

:059:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
How many entrants are you aiming for? National in England is long overdue!

:059:
err....first tournament ever...
i dunno, i can house up to 80 but i highly doubt that there is any chance of getting that many to come

also good stuff smudge, make sure you bring your other northernly buddies down too. i want a lively smash scene again!

also
ban: 1
cp: 2

Calzorz

Smash Lord
ban ps2 btw didnt know we voted... dont even take others into vote its lame and i dont want tht lame stage in u.k

Heartstring

Smash Legend
jeez eric, you come all the way over to my tournament thread to post somethnig only just beating 10 char limit lol.

ban: 3
cp: 2
first to get ten votes goes through

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
I will try make this, Brawl Low tier would be cool as a side event, or Marvel vs Capcom that'd be pro.

And PS2 Legal.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wow, fast popularity!
but if you really want to not count youself then fine, i wont XP
ban: 2
cp: 4

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i dont even know where kadaj comes from! god stop hounding me.
fine, ban 2, cp 3.
now stop spamming mah tourney thread, theres a social thread for it in the description man XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
these fools from outside of europe need to stop voting ^.^
i appreciate the attention though XD

Tamoo

Smash Master
Don't ban PS2!

Also I'd love a Gen4 Pokemon side tournament, as long as you don't do the crappy VGC rules which are double battle :/ 1 on 1 all the way :) Make it happen!

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
one stage can't be a reason not to go to a tourney, amiright?
anyways, glad to see a tourney in the UK happening
(except from london)
i will follow this thread

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
ban PS2 seriously its stupid in brawl lol

you should ban the level with the claw and laser too -_-..and the damn castle that changes rofl

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ban: 5
cp: 5
also, trust me tamoo, its standard 1 on 1 rules for that. it will be a case of bringing your own ds though (and probably like, 1 pound single bracket lolz)
unless theres a serious overhaul in the favour of keeping ps2, i will be removing it from the stagelist. if its relatively even i'll remove it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom