• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

PurpleDoom

Smash Rookie
I would like to see the Black Knight with his own move set that suits him rather then doing what they did with Roy and Marth
i agree. the fewer clones the better. i personally think that his side-b should be "Eclipse" and that it should work the way Roy and Marth's did, but otherwise have an exclusive moveset. UNITE!!! BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!!!

IllidR

Smash Champion
I would like to see the Black Knight with his own move set that suits him rather then doing what they did with Roy and Marth
Well the moveset given on page 1 is far different from Ike and could be implimented.

But Black Knight fans! Keep supporting your Knight in his time of need! Go vote!

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
in these hard times, the Black Knight needs your support more than ever
so please, for the sake of our children, vote for BKnight

BlackKnight fanz...ASSEMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
well naturally... but I really think there is better fire emblem rep... yeah he'd be an awesome character... but he isn't really important to the series as a whole...

Mist is obviously the best choice for FE rep :)

IllidR

Smash Champion
well naturally... but I really think there is better fire emblem rep... yeah he'd be an awesome character... but he isn't really important to the series as a whole...

Mist is obviously the best choice for FE rep :)
Please leave your character choices out of here lest the be THE Black Knight! There is hope, he can go the distance!

Rakath

Smash Ace
Please leave your character choices out of here lest the be THE Black Knight! There is hope, he can go the distance!
You failed to notice what seemed to be a quantity of sarcasm that could never be counted as mere personal use in that statement.

Black Knight, as far as playable FE non-good guys, is a pretty top quality choice. Not that many of the endgame villains would be good playable characters.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
*WARNING THIS POSTER KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FE*
I don't think that he will be in simply because he looks like he would be a slow and powerful character, and that is what we already got from Ike. I really don't want any clones in this game.

NukeA6

Smash Master
You failed to notice what seemed to be a quantity of sarcasm that could never be counted as mere personal use in that statement.

Black Knight, as far as playable FE non-good guys, is a pretty top quality choice. Not that many of the endgame villains would be good playable characters.
Not many endgame villains would be good playable characters?

We got Mediuth, Julius, Veld, Zephiel, Narga, Fomoritiis, and FE10's final boss. Any of them would be more unique than the Black Knight.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Personally I don't think black knight should be included, especialyl since FE 9/10 already has a rep and we don't need ANOTHER heavy character who uses a sword like Ike.

Also, I don't mean to flame, but what is your evidence of his inclusion? There's probably many more FE characters that have much more of a right to be in than him.

A bit of evidence to back up my opinion:
Black Knight had the same swod teacher as Ike, so they would probably have a similar moveset, also his role in the storyline isn't all that large (except in leading Begnion's army, killing greil and protecting Machiah for two chapters) Not only that but he practically has the same sword as Ike (A blessed weapon that can do distance attacks) the only difference is in the colour! BK would be a clone!
Zelgius also doesn't have the popularity leve of those such as Marth or Sigrud. As a matter of fact, most people support him because he's encased in black armour and thinks that he looks badass, no regard for the game character's popularity or significance in the game, it just doesn't work out!

I'm sorry but Black Knight should not be included.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

We got Mediuth, Julius, Veld, Zephiel, Narga, Fomoritiis, and FE10's final boss. Any of them would be more unique than the Black Knight.
You shouldn't be talking, Roy supporter.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Personally I don't think black knight should be included, especialyl since FE 9/10 already has a rep and we don't need ANOTHER heavy character who uses a sword like Ike.

Also, I don't mean to flame, but what is your evidence of his inclusion? There's probably many more FE characters that have much more of a right to be in than him.

Black Knight had the same swod teacher as Ike, so they would probably have a similar moveset, also his role in the storyline isn't all that large (except in leading Begnion's army, killing greil and protecting Machiah for two chapters) Not only that but he practically has the same sword as Ike (A blessed weapon that can do distance attacks) the only difference is in the colour! BK would be a clone!
Zelgius also doesn't have the popularity leve of those such as Marth or Sigrud. As a matter of fact, most people support him because he's encased in black armour and thinks that he looks badass, no regard for the game character's popularity or significance in the game, it just doesn't work out!

The part about him being a clone is COMPLETELY opinion. Read some movesets before you run your mouth in more directions than a caffeinated cheerleader.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Nope, as you can see, they can make excellent bosses, specially "Mediuth", as you call.

Black Knight enters in the category of boss too. But wasn't he making a cameo in the Castle Siege?

IllidR

Smash Champion
Nope, as you can see, they can make excellent bosses, specially "Mediuth", as you call.

Black Knight enters in the category of boss too. But wasn't he making a cameo in the Castle Siege?
If you're referring to that figure in the background on the throne, that is too far away to discern what it is.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord

Watch the spoilers...

I just don't think we need another rep from the same generation of FE... Ike is enough... especially when you consider how many other FE characters there are that represent the series as a whole...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Of course, Black Knight probably is outprioritized. Which doesn't mean he wouldn't be a cool character if included, just not particularly likely.

Erm, I'm sorry but the "he would be a clone" argument is inherently bad. There's always enough material to make any character not be a clone, especially with martial artists of any stripe.

For instance, I do a couple of different material arts, Kali, Karate, Taijutsu, etc. Now for any of the above, even with the exact same teacher, any individual student would develop their own prefered set of moves and methods of fighting. Sure, they'd all bear the core of the art, and they'd have access to the same techniques, but they'd prefer different ones, and use different ones in different circumstances.

Logically, it would be the same for Ike and the Black Knight, sure they'd have acess to the same techniques, but they'd have different preferences and use them in different situations, giving more then enough material to make them unique.

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
We should have one villain for every series. Black Knight would make a great addition to the Sub. Emissary and the Brawl roster.

Plus we desperately need more heavies.

shellblade

Smash Cadet
although black knight is friggin awesome, Ike is already a very slow and powerful character so the odds may be against him

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
every lord even the least popular ones have priority over Black Knight, besides Ike fights like Black Knight would.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone... back from Christmas...

Yeah, ummm... the "clone" argument is a bit overused around here....
Like adumbrodeus said, the two develope different move styles. If you watch them fight in FE 9, you notice the difference. Ike prefers flat, powerful strikes backed up with backflip criticals and aether, a very aerial attacker, with few blind spots in the sword word per se.

The Black Knight can afford to twirl a bit, and does so extravigantly. Understandibly, the Black Knight can't incorporate backflipping into his arsenal (barring mods o.O).... and instead of aether, uses Luna, which might as well be hitting your foe with a sword exta hard. yay.

It should also be noted that the Black Knight incorporates warp/arcane powder into his arsenal, and if you look at the overall picture, Ike represents the sun (aether, eruption, giant yellow sword) and BK represents the moon (Luna, giant white sword, black armor..).

EDIT: Yet another particulary annoying argument is the "other lords have more priorty" argument. I don't mean to sound like a jerk here, but Roy probably won't return. Ike looks a lot like Roy's style, and Roy is definately outprioratyzed by Ike, BK, and Malachaih(don't think I spelled that right). You can argue back and forth about Marth, but Roy is doomed.

The second prong of this argument is that there's not enough space for 3+ FE characters. First of all, Ike is a starting character. FE definately has more significance than say, Fzero this time around. If there are gonna be 40+ characters (heard it somewhere... correct me if I'm wrong)... there's room.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
Funny that you should give Marth a maybe as his chances are higher than Micaiah's and Black Knight's combined...
*groans*

Nintendo's only named 23 characters. 23 - 40 = 17!

Here are a couple to fill those slots:

Crytal
BK
Machaih
Marth
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Megaman/Bomberman
Lucario
Sukapon?
Mii
Game + Watch (don't think he's getting back in but it's possible)
uhhhh... did I miss anything?
Even if I did, there's 6 more slots for whatever I missed, and Game + Watch probably isn't returning.....

My point is, there's definatley room.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yeah, but that's really only if FE gets 4 slots. You also forgot to mentioned Sigurd, which is a popular character from a well selling game and a Sakurai favorite and likely to fight with BK for that 4th slot, too (he's already fight Micaiah for 3rd, but I think he's at a disadvantage there). Also, you are indeed spelling her name wrong. It's Micaiah.

BK is really not that important to the overall storyline of either game (he's also not the main villan of either, just a reoccuring one, unlike Medeus-the Dark Dragon).
Zelgius is only important for about half of part 3 as the leader of the enemy army, and for part 4 final pt.2 as the boss. He's not much more significant than your average enemy general (the commander, not the class:laugh:)

As a character, he may not be an Ike clone, but he'd definately be another slow, heavy swordsman. There's nothing really wrong with that and it's a weak arguement, so I can overlook that.

If FE gets 4 slots then I'd be happy to see him, but if it only gets 3 I'd give that 3rd slot to a more important and unique character. Villan status is not enough to guarentee a character, and as soon as Marth's DS remake comes out then BK will even have competition in that department.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but that's really only if FE gets 4 slots. You also forgot to mentioned Sigurd, which is a popular character from a well selling game and a Sakurai favorite and likely to fight with BK for that 4th slot, too (he's already fight Micaiah for 3rd, but I think he's at a disadvantage there). Also, you are indeed spelling her name wrong. It's Micaiah.

BK is really not that important to the overall storyline of either game (he's also not the main villan of either, just a reoccuring one, unlike Medeus-the Dark Dragon).
Zelgius is only important for about half of part 3 as the leader of the enemy army, and for part 4 final pt.2 as the boss. He's not much more significant than your average enemy general (the commander, not the class:laugh:)

As a character, he may not be an Ike clone, but he'd definately be another slow, heavy swordsman. There's nothing really wrong with that and it's a weak arguement, so I can overlook that.

If FE gets 4 slots then I'd be happy to see him, but if it only gets 3 I'd give that 3rd slot to a more important and unique character. Villan status is not enough to guarentee a character, and as soon as Marth's DS remake comes out then BK will even have competition in that department.
Nice argument... never played Sigurd's game (how can I call myself a Fire Emblem fan?? XD)
The only thing I can say is that BK is cool... (just my opinion... like that's gonna help him...) and in 2 English games, whereas Sigurd's in 1 japanese game, but then again Sigurd is Sakurai's favorite (one can only hope there are other people influencing the choices who like BK...) and Sigurd is a Lord. I guess there are some who would say that every franchise should have a villain in Brawl... but with Metroid toting a multitude of posible villainous characters to fill the evil side... I'm not so sure....

On the bright side, if BK isn't chosen he can sue Sakurai for discrimination as he would be a much better/interesting character XD.

EDIT: woot finally I can get around to spelling Michaiah's name right XD

Doomflame

Smash Cadet
~~~~~MAJOR SPOILER WARNING~~~~~

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

In the Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn we found out a guy named Genearl Zelgius http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p231/lordsothe71/Zelgius.jpg is the Black Knight http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1079/blackknight4sm.jpg so if he was in don't you think he would be like Samus and ZSS or Zelda and Sheik?

My guess if Zelgius was playable his FS would be to turn into the Black Knight for a short period of time or like Zelda and Sheik.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^That's a pretty weak arguement by itself buddy. That and the fact that Ephraim's game is the second worst FE game ever made (FE2 was apparently worse) in the eyes of FE fans. Japanese gamers were dissapointed with the GBA games in general, so it's not likely that we will get a GBA lord as a playable character.

Top Bottom