• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Biweeklies in Austin and San Antonio. (Second one at Cyberjocks Saturday July 1st)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FASTLIKETREE

Smash Apprentice
I am trying to schedule some biweeklies in austin. If people in Texas and the surrounding states want to make something more of this I will talk with cyberjocks. If enough people are interested we can make them into full scale tournaments. The biweeklies will likely alternate between San Antonio and Austin. This will force the majority of the good players to only travel once a month.

Post any ideas or suggestions in this threat. And if you are interested just drop your name in saying so.

And yes, these can be for money.

The biweely has been set for june the 3rd at cyberjocks (shoot for around 1pm). The fee to play at cyberjocks will be 3 dollars a person.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Forkgirl and I already have a tournament once a month. Right now we're trying to find a date for a June one. I don't know if you want to have your own thing as well, but we can only use our church's facilities once a month.

XD64

Smash Cadet
AYE!! I'm sure ugly and I would go too, also I'm having weekly tourneys at my house for info check the Weeklies @ mikes topic! XD

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
hey wes is it just for 1v1s or for 2v2s as well? either way im going to be there though >.> so i dont even know why im asking >.>

also we should name the biweeklies the betty experience b=best e=evert =texas t=tournament y= yo

aka betty lol jk it was kyles idea >.<

FASTLIKETREE

Smash Apprentice
The reason that these events would take place in Austin and San Antonio is because the majority of the good players live in these cities...

FASTLIKETREE

Smash Apprentice
I am thinking about having the first one this Saturday. The normal Austin people will be here because we usually play smash on the weekend. If enough people show interest/are able to get here in 2 days post here. I can house 3-4 people.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Xelic, could you give me, forkgirl, and SOS a ride? Eh? We'll pay gas money! And we'll buy you snickerdoodles at Tiff's Treats!

dcx1287

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about this but I think Xelic is on a cruise or something all this week. Don't know for sure though.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
It's probably best to talk this over first and see who all is available.

For Austin: xelic, changsta, me, jotun are not available. Nick may be available. Wes is available. BJ is a "maybe."

Perhaps one week of planning is better? This biweekly seems a bit rushed. I don't know, just throwing out ideas.

Also remember, the goal of these biweeklies is NOT to just get Austin and San Antonio to play each other. That's nice, yes, but the true goal of these biweeklies are to bring everyone in Texas together.

By the way, you know what would be really terrific? We don't do conventional tournaments. Instead, we always do round robins where each player plays the other two matches, 3 stock, MLG rules.

And then top 8, or whatever go on to the main double elimination bracket. That would be nice. Or even better, if there are few enough people, we could do one humongous round robin.

I am all for round robins, I like that style of play a lot because I think it provides the best practice possible.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I concur with Anupam. Especially since I'm in Missouri right now. I'm off to find Darkrain!

FASTLIKETREE

Smash Apprentice
I do not think that this Saturday is going to work. Instead we will attempt to have the first official biweekly on June 3rd. I will talk to crystal and hopefully we can make this into something worth attending.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
darn! And i got a ride to austin tomorrow too. Well I'm probably gonna be staying with my aunt in austin for a couple days, so if any austin smashers wanna get together for friendlies or whatever, that'd be cool. IM me.

FASTLIKETREE

Smash Apprentice
We plan on playing smash either today (friday) or tomorrow. If enough people show up we can play some on both days. I can house a couple people; if you are coming from out of town let me know.

cell phone is 512-589-5166 in case you don't know how to get a hold of me.

XD64

Smash Cadet
Yah ugly ended up going out of town this weekend. But we should start making them, also for the record the first weekly at my house was awesome! ANd I made the decision that I will make them biweeklies on the weekends that Wes isn't holding his tournaments! If you want more information check the thread of biweeklies at mike, and hopefully we can bring the smash community in texas together! XD!!!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Round Robin pwns. I work at CyberJocks now so I can help set up anything.

I'm looking forward to these things, because I don't suck anymore. :laugh:

edit: 3500th post omg :psycho:

FASTLIKETREE

Smash Apprentice
The deal is we can hold the biweeklies at cyber jocks and use their facility for 3 dollars a person. (I talked him down from 5). I plan to have the first one on June 3rd. If you are going to come let me know. We will need some tvs/cubes so if you can help us out with that i would greatly appreciate it.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
FASTLIKETREE said:
The deal is we can hold the biweeklies at cyber jocks and use their facility for 3 dollars a person. (I talked him down from 5). I plan to have the first one on June 3rd. If you are going to come let me know. We will need some tvs/cubes so if you can help us out with that i would greatly appreciate it.

i can bring a cube if needed? let me know >.>

Xelic

Smash Ace
LOLZ, Anupam, my cruise isn't until early August. Fear not, I should be available most of the summer. I'ma do this! And, yeah, I can drive you SA *****es up to Austin. We'll have good singing sessions. <3

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Singing with Jordan on car trips = the most fun evar. Too bad we didn't get to do it nearly as much as we should have with Dallas. Next time tho, next time. :grin:

Xelic

Smash Ace
Anupam is a downer. I will have room for 3-4 other people in my Jeep, depending on whether or not you want to sit in the middle. And I already am taking Bluefork and SOS, which is 3 people. So...you can probably take the ***** seat. <3

FASTLIKETREE

Smash Apprentice
By popular demand there will be teams at the first Austin SA biweeklies. Tournament entry fee will be very affordable and the money will go to the top 3 (~5 dollars).

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Xelic said:
Anupam is a downer. I will have room for 3-4 other people in my Jeep, depending on whether or not you want to sit in the middle. And I already am taking Bluefork and SOS, which is 3 people. So...you can probably take the ***** seat. <3
Bluefork is out of town this saturday, so we will only be attending in spirit, which should clear up two more seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom