• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BISB - Brawl Is Serious Business - May 16th, Mtl, Ca

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Don't you ban stages at the beginning of the set? How would I know my opponent plays DDD?

Stage Complaints

Corneria: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVrcDjZKhEo
Not everyone knows how to DI out of things like this. It will happen for sure.

Pirate Ship: Stupid infinite spiking stuff happens when people land in the water. Also, the bomb part of this stage is too unbalanced. The knockback or the damage of the bombs can be ridiculously high sometimes (60% damage bombs?!). I know they're easy to avoid, but in the middle of a fight, who knows where you'll be.

Port Town: Tethers are useless. I tried to play Bento in this stage once, and I lost badly because DK couldn't make it back to the platform when it raises and just happened to be forced onto the ground when the cars passed by. I don't want to have to switch characters because of a level.

Jungle Japes: Why is this stage still legal :(.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I'm all for more stage diversity!

Port town Aero Drive?

Hm.

**** YEAH!

Oh aside from what Thatguy mentioned, Distant Planet is gay for the same reason that makes Delfino so good for MK: drop-through platform. MK can literally camp you under the stage with a slew of U-airs and there's barely anything you can do about it. Oh and there's a walk-off, but if that is no reason to ban a stage, unban Yoshi's Island (Melee). Oh and what about Green Greens? Aside from the small boundaries and the wall infinites (which you can DI out of apparently, and you can also destroy the blocks to prevent that from happening), what's so bad about it? Teh applez?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Don't you ban stages at the beginning of the set? How would I know my opponent plays DDD?

Stage Complaints

Corneria: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVrcDjZKhEo
Not everyone knows how to DI out of things like this. It will happen for sure.

Pirate Ship: Stupid infinite spiking stuff happens when people land in the water. Also, the bomb part of this stage is too unbalanced. The knockback or the damage of the bombs can be ridiculously high sometimes (60% damage bombs?!). I know they're easy to avoid, but in the middle of a fight, who knows where you'll be.

Port Town: Tethers are useless. I tried to play Bento in this stage once, and I lost badly because DK couldn't make it back to the platform when it raises and just happened to be forced onto the ground when the cars passed by. I don't want to have to switch characters because of a level.

Jungle Japes: Why is this stage still legal :(.
Are you suggesting we should let it legal simply because people dont know how to get out of it? I dont approve of dumbing the game down, therefore i will not abide by that argument. And i can show people how to get out in 2 minutes.
Pirate ship: its still being debated
Port Town: I nvmed when i saw cars kill at 70%.
Japes should be legal definitly, klamp is timed, nothing random.

Bento: Il consider your suggestions, but green green has some randomness to it. The other is one single platform with a a walkoff, distant planet is actually separated, this is the main difference.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I usually do my banning immediately before my opponent counterpicks a stage.

EDIT: Yoshi's Island (Melee) has two platforms that break when hit from below, even from teching.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
If you remember Fight for your friends 1, Robert vs Chester then ya. Infinites on the corner is pretty bull****. Downtilt to 200% or infinite shine gg.

We all remember, and knew you were there, for that matter. The video's entire soundtrack is basically you yelling **** lol. It was hilarious.

How about a Wario Ware only tournie then?
I'm down.

**** no, thank you kindly.

Ok I pick Kev! before someone steal him

Yeah! FTilt & Aerial spam =D

@ Linkshot & Agora:Well, I'm sorry, but looks like I'll be with Dom. It's up to you guys to decide if you'll team up or not. MOAR LUIGI TEAMZ!

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Corneria isn't THAT bad, I don't really care about it. But Pirate Ship is a big no no, that stage is filled with too many random event to be legal IMO. The bombs, the catapult, the ship crashing and the part where it floats up....really annoying lol. Also Distant Planet is really good for MK, we wouldn't want to give MK even more options to win ;)

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Corneria isn't THAT bad, I don't really care about it. But Pirate Ship is a big no no, that stage is filled with too many random event to be legal IMO. The bombs, the catapult, the ship crashing and the part where it floats up....really annoying lol. Also Distant Planet is really good for MK, we wouldn't want to give MK even more options to win ;)
lol

Didn't you pick up MK recently?

I still didn't play vs you yet. Mind if we play a set at the tourney?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Says the Rob player lol.

Vrud, i wouldn't mind playing melee at all. =)

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Vrud, i wouldn't mind playing melee at all. =)
well imma bring a tv and melee setup and my friend will brng tv + melee setup if the guy thats responsible for all this lets me so melee players can play too.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
It would be interesting to know if other people are coming to this, can you like post in the topic and confirm? I've seen some ppl posting but talking about rules...are you participing? *points to bentobox*

BTW we might be planning side events, so maybe brawl+ will be there =D

swordgard

Smash Hero
Guys, im sorry for the lack of update, blame it on cemo not confirming anything or not actually even discussing the whole thing since unlike what people may think hes the main host >.<
Il try to get melee allowed for 2 setups, as for stages, il change a few things.

cemo

white walker
i've just been so incredibly busy lately -.-
i'll try to work out everything on monday.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
thats what she ****ing said!!
Dam, you beat me to it.

Okay SG, confirm me for singles, and with you for doubles.

Also, two TVs, one wii, one gc is needed, with a game each, powerbar, and ps3 on the side if ever we have time for you know what ;)

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Also, two TVs, one wii, one gc is needed, with a game each, powerbar, and ps3 on the side if ever we have time for you know what ;)
again.... i can bring a gc/melee/memory card. Will there only be a brawl tournament with melee frendlies?

Top Bottom