• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bingo Mafia - THE END!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I am opposed to actively trying to make a row out of confirmed player numbers. We have no reason to believe doing so carries a mechanical benefit for us, and historically mafia has gotten a bonus from killing everyone in a straight line. Letting them know who that is benefits mafia.
gotcha, makes sense. you've played in the prior bingos? How many have there been?

Kantrip

Kantplay
gotcha, makes sense. you've played in the prior bingos? How many have there been?
I have not, and I think there's only been one other. It's more than likely mechanics will differ from that game and this one, but I still believe mafia will benefit from bingos.

Vote Rake

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
only this one and the one linked.

and actually that sorta makes sense from kantrip's perspective. one problem though: the board is different, and i assume the mechanics of the board are as well. i feel like it's completely viable not to test what happens when a row is complete... but even then there's almost no sure fire way of determining that cuz the numbers aren't disclosed.

i say forget about consulting the board and agree that passing the ball to those we can assume will stay alive longer is good. i also think passing the ball should NOT be up for debate, rather, up to the ball holder's discretion. i also think we should play mafia.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah the board is strange as the unlucky number 13 is a part of every possible bingo (assuming a Bingo is a full line) and this game's mechanics clearly differ from its predecessor. It's probably best to set setup speculation aside for now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's always best to put set up speculation aside, it's like trying to go against a prophecy and change it, it gives you more trouble than it would've by trying to figure it out.

Riordan anyone, ehhhhh?

Yo! Hardbody the Show!

Gheb_01|marshy
^

This ***** right here tryna keep us down...ayo man why don't you let people live free! I believe that they should be able to vote whoever they want whenever they want! Ain't nothin' wrong wit' an early game wagon, my man.

Don't believe the hype!

:054:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
You realize by advocating the "hype" that you are therefore by-proxy light defending me as my slot is effectively "the hype" as a bunch of people seem intent on voting me

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

whether this goes anywhere or not will be interesting, definitely gonna have to keep an eye on hotcakes and jexs during this time of pressure towards me

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Orbo nullish for defending me, l-2 it may be but it's not gonna turn into a lynch yet for sure. And if it does then I'd laugh and tell you not to just let marshy "live free" as it's him trying to absolve himself of the lynch, especially if tomorrow he pushed an "easier " target like hotcakes or jexs. Although i will give orbo a slight town lean for at least noticing the situation as a mafiasto probably wouldnt care or may even join on to see if he can't light some over zealous and non read up townie to try and get a sneaky hammer

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Thanks Gorf, also I think your keyboard is having issues, if you'd like to mail it to me, I can fiz it for 125$

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
How does it reveal his role at all? He can ask it as vt, doctor, even mafia.
You misread me. By saying, "your role", I meant to put that so you can insert yourself in that scenario. I wasn't necessarily addressing Rake specifically.

@ Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake You have come off very eager for me to answer your question. Only I and JeXs responded. Though in the case of JeXs, he gave you another question rather than an answer. His suspicion gives me a town read on him.

Either you are looking for random players to answer you or you felt flustered by my response when I confirmed. If I said I were scum, that would lean people to believe I was mafia. It's against the rules to state your role, which would set up a modkill on an "easy target" like a new dGames player. A town player wouldn't just target one player to scumhunt.

Vote: Rake

Yo! Hardbody the Show!

Gheb_01|marshy
You realize by advocating the "hype" that you are therefore by-proxy light defending me as my slot is effectively "the hype" as a bunch of people seem intent on voting me
You realize you're putting entirely too much brainpower into a joke I made solely to keep with the theme of my hydra (which is love for Public Enemy)? I mean, you would be wrong anyway because I just tried to justify everyone voting you.

adumbrodeus and Mac, what do you think about Captain Hotcakes' latest post and Rake?

I can hardly contain myself from the earth shattering levels of hardbodying I shall be unleashing soon.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
y'all really need to learn to contain your serious posts until at least the day actually starts, so much information can be learned during RVS based on voting patterns and comfort in actions. Though, that said, I like the results of this one.

Rake needs to be murdered with a shovel.

@ Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake Claim.

Hotcakes reads pretty blatantly noobtown, from that set of posts, first game?

Chaco also looking like a tasty lynch target.

Do I really have to unignore gorf? urgggggggg

Like gorf, RR.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't like how Rake has handled Hotcakes either, but lets not pull a stupid with ending day 1 in less than 24 hours after it opened.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Orbo nullish for defending me, l-2 it may be but it's not gonna turn into a lynch yet for sure. And if it does then I'd laugh and tell you not to just let marshy "live free" as it's him trying to absolve himself of the lynch, especially if tomorrow he pushed an "easier " target like hotcakes or jexs. Although i will give orbo a slight town lean for at least noticing the situation as a mafiasto probably wouldnt care or may even join on to see if he can't light some over zealous and non read up townie to try and get a sneaky hammer
I'm not a fan how you started the game off with Hotcakes.

I know it is early but even to start the game off, I don't see a sense of direction from you pushing him and it relating to others in the game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
we're not lynching yet, L-1 is forcing him to claim and defend himself, but putting scummy people under the burner with a willingness to lynch is one of the most important ways to get information from both him and everyone else, and if we end early cause we're lynching a really scummy player, whatever, worth. You know how many games town let a scumbag slip because "it was too early to lynch"?

Just look at his ****ing posts, look how wishy washy he is. Seriously, everyone's interesting, no actual conclusions about everyone, closest is a slight town read.

Rake is scum, kill him with fire.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
we're not lynching yet, L-1 is forcing him to claim and defend himself, but putting scummy people under the burner with a willingness to lynch is one of the most important ways to get information from both him and everyone else, and if we end early cause we're lynching a really scummy player, whatever, worth. You know how many games town let a scumbag slip because "it was too early to lynch"?

Just look at his ****ing posts, look how wishy washy he is. Seriously, everyone's interesting, no actual conclusions about everyone, closest is a slight town read.

Rake is scum, kill him with fire.
I don't trust SWF town to not hammer or accidentally hammer someone at L-1 too early.

Slow it down.

Not even 24 hours have past since the game opened up, I'd like to have an idea and opinion on other people than just Rake.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Nobody accidentally quickhammers after people it's stated they're at l-1 unless they're insanely raw and hotcakes is already on the wagon. Anyone who does it after that is doing it for a reason.

God, ryu, your stubbornness about this sort of thing is so frustrating, think about it this way, even if he is somehow town, what advantage does town get from derailing the wagon? Wagons with a viable lynch threat are the BEST way to get telling reactions from everyone in the game cause everyone's gonna have to weigh in. If he gets quicklynched, no excuse now so that's a ton of useful information.

Whatever, you're too stubborn, somebody vote Rake back to l-1

JeXs

Smash Champion
vote: rake
RAKE IS AT L-1. NO ACCIDENTAL QUICKHAMMER.

Yo! Hardbody the Show!

Gheb_01|marshy
Rake needs to be murdered with a shovel.

Adum, you are the ****ing bomb. Thank you for being the only other person in this game as of late to have any sort of balls.

I REFUSE TO LET ***** WEAKMINDED MOTHER****ERS **** THIS UP AND ALLOW THEMSELVES TO GO SOFT DUE TO A FAKECLAIM. RAKE DIES TODAY UNLESS HE CLAIMS MASON AND HIS PARTNER VERIFIES. IF YOU GUYS WANT TO TALK ABOUT OTHER **** IN THE MEANTIME THAT IS FINE BUT HE STILL DIES. THAT'S IT.

FOS: Mac

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[6] #HBC | Rake.: Yo! Hardbody the Show! / Potassium / #HBC | Gorf / Captain Hotcakes / adumbrodeus / JeXs

[1] adumbrodeus: Chaco
[1] Captain Hotcakes: #HBC | Rake.

[0] #HBC | Dark Horse
[0] #HBC | Gorf
[0] Orboknown
[0] #HBC | Mac
[0] #HBC | Red Ryu
[0] JeXs
[0] Yo! Hardbody the Show!
[0] Chaco
[0] Potassium
[0] #HBC | Joey

[5] Not Voting: #HBC | Dark Horse / Orboknown / #HBC | Mac / #HBC | Joey / #HBC | Red Ryu

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline set for Sunday, August 31st, 11:59 BST (British Summer Time)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Adum, you are the ****ing bomb. Thank you for being the only other person in this game as of late to have any sort of balls.

I REFUSE TO LET ***** WEAKMINDED MOTHER****ERS **** THIS UP AND ALLOW THEMSELVES TO GO SOFT DUE TO A FAKECLAIM. RAKE DIES TODAY UNLESS HE CLAIMS MASON AND HIS PARTNER VERIFIES. IF YOU GUYS WANT TO TALK ABOUT OTHER **** IN THE MEANTIME THAT IS FINE BUT HE STILL DIES. THAT'S IT.

FOS: Mac

This is, exactly the reaction I was hoping for, tells me I was right about your intent on that question, *hands shovel* is this the beginning of a beautiful partnership? :)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Vote Red Ryu

"Rake just for future reference, don't tell me things like this. If I roll scum you're telling me what to change to stay on your good side."

Why did you say this?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

You misread me. By saying, "your role", I meant to put that so you can insert yourself in that scenario. I wasn't necessarily addressing Rake specifically.

@ Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake You have come off very eager for me to answer your question. Only I and JeXs responded. Though in the case of JeXs, he gave you another question rather than an answer. His suspicion gives me a town read on him.

Either you are looking for random players to answer you or you felt flustered by my response when I confirmed. If I said I were scum, that would lean people to believe I was mafia. It's against the rules to state your role, which would set up a modkill on an "easy target" like a new dGames player. A town player wouldn't just target one player to scumhunt.

wow that thought process doe.

Hotcakes might be okay but he nneds to open his eyes and think more for sure

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also also you can just say yes lol, or, "yeah i'm town" that doesn't go against the rule of revealing your role if you had read the rule and understood it you'd see that. A town player will scum hunt in whatever order of players they deem necessary, who even said or suggested i was only scum hunting towards you ?How do you think i feel flustered ? I asked you a question to which you could have answered yes or no, and you've done nothing but dodge it since the start, it doesn't even come close to breaking the rule about roles so i've got to wonder if you reeally believe what your selling here

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

In fact, if you actually read the rules, you'd see

[quote="Kataefi" ]
  1. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in the private message containing your role, nor may you post metadata about any private message I send you (e.g. message IDs, timestamps, etc.). This rule covers profile customisation options, like avatars, custom titles, locations etc.
[/quote]

So did you actually think I as scum would try to out right and in plain view of the entire thread have you mod-kill yourself ? I may be bold but that'd be suicide even for the best player

Top Bottom