• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bingo Mafia: OVAH! Who won?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Congrats to scum.

Sorry for copping out. :awesome: Mostly I was coming under suspicion and couldn't be ***** to actually explain my gut on TDW. Thank you to the cop for not CCing. (GLG?)

Should've made my thoughts a little clearer re: Soup, but I thought it was obvious that Soup was town as long as TDW flipped scum.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was actually considering Nabe for MVP if town won :bee:

unfortunately I suck so we lost. mvp glyph?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
btw remember when I said J was lying about his claim

MHM

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Glyph better damn well get MVP. Just saying. He outplayed EVERYONE against all odds.

JTB, I wasn't lieing about the posting restriction since we could've done that to anyone xD. But yea I did lie about being a watcher. *shrug* Kept me alive till D3 iirc. Also sorry for that quick lynch on you ^^" I just couldn't die D1.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
btw remember when I said J was lying about his claim

MHM
remember when you, me, and Glyph all said he was lying about his watcher claim, and TDW convinced others (like Seik) to keep him alive? :urg:

It makes sense though, they were desperate to keep each other alive since they only knew about the two of them.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay so here's a little bit about the events that went down from my perspective! Both factions were entertaining! Town reminded me of the sims - everyone was all friendly, then everyone got deeper and deeper in conversation and it really brought out some inner details and subtleties that would have otherwise been missed. D1 I thought Town was on fire [with a little fuel from Glyph understandably]. But still, J was so close to being the first lynch, which would have been horrible for TDW!

N1 Town took a heavy blow with the doc dead! Days 2/3 were really interesting because scum set up a post restriction gambit. I wanted this to work out because Town thought it was fake, which it was, but can you imagine the reaction when someone is then inflicted with a post restrictive bingo? It could have got Zen that little bit further and would have ignited a lot of confusion amongst the Town.

Day 4 is when Glyph goes solo and he's up against a whole bunch of Townies + 2 PRs, + he couldn't naturally Night kill. There was pressure here but the town cred he engineered from busing plus the bulletproof claim put him in a strong position. He was still at the mercy of being called Indy but still fought the odds. The bulletproof claim I thought was a little risky but it worked! What would have eased the pain is if he predicted J or TDW's lynches when he bused them to capitalise on more showman offers!

D5 onward - Glyph still manages to avoid his doom despite Town noticing a few slips - the KevinM meta mostly [which I thought was a good catch], but I thought Glyph gave good defences against them and owned up to making mistakes, which I think made Town believe his genuineness a lot more. It was then in Mylo where Glyph really sharpens the knives and engineers this crazy claim to win the game. Seikend gave some very good points but you could feel the fire in Glyph's posts, which put pressure on Asdioh/Lemonade not to make the wrong decision and go with him. I thought this was great!

I'm nominating Glyph for MVP based on the scenarios that he engineered and how he fought the odds. I'm describing his play as being TOTES AMAZEBALLZ!

There was an amazing block of Townies as well and they need mentioning - X1/Nabe/Seikend/Asdioh/Pink Lemonade/Aposl etc... X1 was like a driving force, Nabe's cop gambit was great and had Zen fooled, Seikend took it slow and steady and was really systematic!, Asdioh had this brownie-townie feel, Lemonade made essays of great analysis [and you guys were on to Glyph at one point questioning his interactions with J, which I thought was great as well], and Aposl did really well considering this was his first game! Also Soup had this cool hyperactive thing going on which was endearing to read and he brought in some decent info for the Town to use. All of Town did very well! Super well done!

The downside to Town was how you guys didn't know what you were searching for after Zen and TDW died... was it indy? was it mafia? The No kills threw you all off somewhat. This caused setup speculation and the idea there had to be a godfather... which Ryu was accused of being [and props for replacing into an inactive and scummy slot like you did!] I think in the end it was down to Glyph vs Seikend and Glyph came across as being more convincing (though I LOVED the Professor Layton cases from Seik haha!)

DID YOU ALL HAVE FUN? :mad:

Scum QT here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/rjuPbrqRrC3kM

Bingo abilities:[collapse=row]1 x Role Stop [Fusion Suit]

• Pick a player. That player is immune to all actions that Night.

1 x Role Sense [Psyche Lock]

• Pick a dead player. You will learn if there are vanillas or non-vanillas on that player’s death wagon (this excludes you and your partner).

1 x Reporter [Camo]

• Pick a player. You will be told if they are doing nothing or if they are doing something on that Night.

1 x Lightning Rod [Zap Cannon]

• Pick a player. That player is magnetised. All actions will target them.

1 x Post Restrict [Yoga Fire] *

• Pick a player. The following Day they will be given a post restriction under the following conditions:
    • GHEBINGITIS: all posts must be signed with a smiley of your choosing from SWF’s collection.
    • SWYPHILIS: all posts must feature a troll. Yes, a troll.

* The post restriction rewards are linked. Once you have used this ability once, it will disappear on both lists.[/collapse][collapse=column]1 x Steal [Black Cap]

• Pick a player. You will steal a particular item from them. In doing this, you will role block them and at the same time acquire a one shot ability that corresponds to the item you stole.

1 x No Reveal [Dead Afterimage]

• Pick a player as your Night kill choice. The player’s number will be hidden until the start of the Day after the following Day.

1 x Suppress [Erana’s Peace]

• Pick up to 3 players. These players will be role blocked.

1 x Actor [Shrinking Mushroom]

• Pick a player. That player will be unable to vote the following Day unless that vote it is the hammer.

1 x Post Restriction [Yoga Fire] *

• Pick a player. The following Day they will be given a post restriction under the following conditions:
    • MALARIARTY: no words - just quotes, pictures and animated GIFS.
    • SUE: all posts must contain a bolded action in the format of voting, e.g. hello: sue. This bolded action can be about anything.

* The post restriction rewards are linked. Once you have used this ability once, it will disappear on both lists.[/collapse]A lot of these didn't actually get used. And some were heavily wifom-driven which could have backfired if used carelessly!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol at reading the scum QT. It's like mixing oil with water.

YES I HAD FUN :mad:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
That QT is pretty funny to read. I suggest everyone take a gander.

I was the one responsible for J claiming watcher as well as him faking that restriction. I was constantly brainstorming about stuff in the background which I hoped would make up for my absence in thread. I let Gord take the reigns on that one.

Wish I had been there to respond to that cop gambit. Because Gord responded to it, I had to let him continue in that manner or else it would have looked even worse.

Good gambit Nabe. Good win Glyph. Sorry I didn't rep us very well in thread. At the time, I waas heavily focused on DKR and put this on the backburner until it was too late, apparently.

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just **** 3 + 11 bricks....
No one ever suspects the indy lovers. EVER.

:phone:
I'll level with you guys, the whole indy claim thing was made up hahahaha. I am town and all, but I just needed to put pressure on Seik right away and get him dead since I was so sure he was scum :/

GG Asdioh and PL, you totally deserve the win.

Now there will be a ****storm of indy lovers speculations for games to come...
Upgrade to pro today!

I'm actually not that salty, especially if PL was actually town on D1 because that was like one of the few game Days I actually read, lol. Asdioh man though wtf when did you get that good?
Only think I was annoyed by was dying even with a cop clear, but oh well water under the bridge.

Called out Asdioh though, that I am happy about, lets just ignore I recanted that and went after other people. :p
lol

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol at reading the scum QT. It's like mixing oil with water.

YES I HAD FUN :mad:
And that was is why Mafia chemistry is important on a team. ._.

But regardless I have alot of respect for kuzi working with him because although I was the one posting the most and doing the most in the thread, he was coming up with our plans in the background even though he was busy and helped keep me alive D1 when I needed it. (even though it took a little arm twisting) We didn't do well but Kuzi did alot of work that people didn't see in the game.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
To start with, personal apologies to Asdioh. I was getting pretty frustrated endgame and in the heat of the moment I was being a bit of an ***. It was nothing personal.

@JTB & Smarg Apologies for my poor D1 play. Kinda screwed you guys over.

@Glyph Congrats! How on earth did you know J was scum though? I don't even.

@Kat
Seikend took it slow and steady and was really systematic
<3 Alliteration. Thank you very much for hosting my first solo game! It was frustrating, confusing, but man, was it fun! I'm just sad we didn't see more of the Bingo mechanic ._.;

Wish I played better, but I learnt alot this game. Most importantly, don't clear anyone unless they are CONFIRMED clear. And I need to work on thinking things through more before I post.

Thanks guys, it's been a fun game

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm pretty sure Glyph knew the scum team but they didn't know him.
It just said "____" in Glyph's role PM though

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Oh yeah I posted the template PMs! Replace those ____'s or X's and Y's or whatever with the names of those on the scum team!

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, besides D1 I felt I was right a lot of the time. I just looked scummy and wasn't very convincing. Ah well~.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
The mountain of gambits, bull****, subtle manipulation and outright lies Glyph built his throne upon in this game is ****ing staggering. Especially since he came into the game with a sledgehammer and had all critical eyes on him from the beginning. Really great play to watch.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Yeah I was playing along with the flip jfyi

I should have included in my plan:

"3.) When Glyph claims anti-town, lynch him"

but whatever. Good game guys, well played Glyph. Full shoutouts another time. Massive thanks to Kat for hosting a very interesting game set-up and flavour wise

Imagine how crazy endgame would have been if kuz got Glyph's role :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You know what, Evil Eye?
Glyphmoney, [UNLUCKY] contestant number 13, [EXPERIENCED] Traitorous Showman, has killed Pink Lemonade, contestant number 8, vanilla townie in the Night, and has won the game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This set-up and flavor was really cool. I had a lot of fun just playing the little bit I did. I can't believe Glyph was scum xD.

hello: sue

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Asdioh, I hope you learned your lesson here.

Indys ALWAYS lie about their wincon. I find it weird that you came out of Pizza being beaten by indys and then let Glyph's indy claim slide. I know Glyph wasn't even indy in this case but the only reason he felt the need to claim indy was because he had an anti-town wincon.
Let's not forget Inception Mafia. Vocal was indy and won with us... lol. I am salty... Lfajfskfjafsd : [

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Let's not forget inception mafia. Ronike originally made the indy's wincon to be the last man standing but flubbed it and sent Vocal the wrong PM where he could win with town.

So yeah.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh, I didn't know that. Well, I let the possible indy go off easy this time... I will be so for killing Indies in the future now.

Thanks Kat! This game was fun! : D

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Lets knock out some shoutouts!

1. Pink Lemonade - That freaking chatlog ruined a lot of what I had planned for the rest of the game hahaha, generally you played well. Only thing I didn't like was when you found a small discrepancy in my play and totally threw the rest of it out the window to call me scum, but that could just be because it was true haha. By the way, the truth is I just flat out didn't see Kevin's post about being town. Should have said that right away, but it was just too tempting a moment to poke at J more hehehe

2. GandhiLaserGun [replaced by X1-12 who is from the same hydra] - Was really frustrating to have you say I had been doing nothing all game when I had been working as hard as I had to get **** done, though maybe that's just from the scum point of view knowing all the work that went on behind the scenes heh. Honestly can't tell if you think I'm a backwards hick who shouldn't play mafia at all or if you just kinda are neutral on me. Regardless, I think you're an alright guy.

3. BSL [replaced by Nabe] - BSL, when I said I had no intention of making this game unpleasant to play, I really did mean it. That was about the same time I transitioned back into "sane Glyph", mostly because I felt kinda ****ty about frustrating you so much ha. Nabe you were probably the biggest wrench in my plans during this game. Early on, my idea was 1. Piss off J and call him scum for EVERYTHING I could get away with (to make him look good upon my flip, or vice versa). 2. Ignore TDW, and let him coast as long as I could, while pushing other people. I had no reason to doubt your guilty on him, since I knew he was really scum (I had to wait for someone else to support you before I did, because I was hesitant to be too eager to follow you). Of course, after I had already given my support to the wagon I remembered that mafia traitors sometimes lose when the other two members die, causing me to think I had thrown the game. Turns out, it just made me a super role!

4. Asdioh - You were INVALUABLE in the late game, building that case against Seik for me based on his past play while I focused on the current. That being said, you found legit connections (the J/me relationship was in fact genuine, turns out I'm not bad at faking it on my half at least heh) and Seik was just unlucky enough to have had some weak connections to the actual scum team, which you correctly identified. And I let you end game, so there's that!

5. KevinM [replaced by Red Ryu] - KevinM, if you read this thread since you died you'll probably see that I claimed you hated being town and preferred to play as scum and used that as justification as to why you were so inactive. Turns out, that was kinda the opposite of what I had really been told in the past by EE (that part was legit, albeit after the game ended) and I had remembered it wrong. RR, you gotta stop giving up your life to prove your point man, it makes you an eaaaaaaaasy mislynch. Fight to keep alive!

6. Toasting Dat Walrus - Freaking cop result, I was going to watch you coast so far :(

7. Seikend - I knew getting you killed that last day was going to be difficult, but it was waaaay harder than I expected. You may notice that I didn't even bother going back to look through your posts to find reasons you were scum, namely because I was pretty sure any case I would come up with would be so blatantly reaching that I wouldn't live through it. Thankfully, you just happened to make the wrong connections with the wrong people, and had a record of calling me town based on my early play. A whole lot of your case I had no real answer for, so I just had to really push the "he's flipping his stances!" angle haha. Well played!

8. Smargaret - Always is nice to get the cop out of the way early on =P. Your claim saved you from the lynch, but just wasn't enough to keep you alive through the night.

9. J [replaced by Zen] - And thennnnn there was J. Sorry for pushing you like I did early on, but it should be pretty clear what my intentions were now! You played a good game, though I'll be honest the whole "double roleblocked" thing was ridiculous hahaha. Zen, the only thing I had against you was the sharp change in posting restriction. Honestly thought it was all a gambit, had to laugh to myself when they turned out to be based off real ones.

10. JTB - I kept my promise! I got J lynched! ...now live longer!

11. Aposl - Aposl you played an outstanding game for someone as new as you were, very impressed. Only gripe I had was you ignored X1's directions on who to investigate that one night, leaving town with one less clear. Which was great for me, but not so good for you guys haha.

12. Sqweedle [replaced by Soupmario who is the same player] - What is up with you and RR dying to prove points. Its a bad thing, you should stop!

13. Glyphmoney - I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud of this game.

You know what the best part of all is though?

The whole 3+11=13 thing actually pegged the correct scum number.

GG everyone!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Which reminds me, i was offered a pint... was it a pint of pink lemonade or what?

Top Bottom