• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bike properties

Ryan-K

Smash Master
As we all know, wario is a very strange character with peculiar moves. The three attacks most worth discussing in my opinion are his bite, his fart, and his bike. However I would like to discuss his bike, what I have found, and what others may have found.

So far, I know that the bike:

- Stops space animal lasers
- Doesn't stop any of robs projectiles
(What else does/ doesn't it stop? Isn't there like a youtube vid of this somewhere?)

- When you do a wheelie, you lose alot of speed and do less damage as a result however, I am pretty sure the whole bike has a hitbox so doing this extends the vertical range.
- However, when doing a wheelie in the air (hold back) you jump MUCH HIGHER off of the bike than you normally would.
- Holding forward in the air while on the bike makes you do a much shorter jump.
- If you crash into a wall you automatically bail, also applies in the air
- You can get grabbed off of your bike
- When you run over a pitfall at 0%, you die off of the top (there's a wierd youtube video of this lol)
- When you are on the bike, you aren't affected by really weak attacks? (This has happened to me before with a move I can't seem to remember however there is an old futile vs gimpyfish on delfino where gimpy hits him with bowsers flamethrower and futile gets alot of damage but isn't phased by it)
- When you throw it, it drags people down with them and hits multiple times
- Dk carries it the fastest; the general pattern however seems to be the heavier the character, the quicker they throw it.
- Hitting the bike recharges your moves

Sorry that this list is really short but it's late where I am and I really want some input since I am curious about many of the bike's properties.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
As a throwable item, the bike drags down people (old news).

I'd need to verify it myself, but I guess hitting the bike "recharge" your moves.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
The bike can stop anything in its path up to a certain amount of damage, after which it will break. So yeah, it can stop space animals' lasers as long as the space animal doesn't jump before shooting or doing something to get it to hit Wario. Same goes for any other kind of projectile, including Rob's (except the laser, it goes through the bike and will always hit Wario). If beaten at enough, it'll break after a while. A attack that's strong enough is possible to break it in one blow.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
The bike can stop anything in its path up to a certain amount of damage, after which it will break. So yeah, it can stop space animals' lasers as long as the space animal doesn't jump before shooting or doing something to get it to hit Wario. Same goes for any other kind of projectile, including Rob's (except the laser, it goes through the bike and will always hit Wario). If beaten at enough, it'll break after a while. A attack that's strong enough is possible to break it in one blow.
Yes but if you do a wheelie I am pretty sure it always stops the space animals' laser, whereas no matter what I have done the gyro's hitbox is big enough to hit wario even if he does a wheelie or not, so this should be a factor too IMO as the gyros hitbox is deceivingly large.

Also getting hit by falco's laser on the bike doesn't seem to phase him, similar to the bowser example above. I am very curious about this property and what dictates if wario falls off or not.

Also here's the pitfall video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBC4C7dvpI4

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Hmmmm
I saw this video where peach hit wario with her dair while he was on the bike. He didnt fall of the bike until the last hit of peach's dair. I thought as a result the wario had super armor frames in the beginning of the move although that's probably false.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Well maybe attacks that only stun and don't actually give knockback don't affect wario on his bike, because it happens not just at the beginning of the bike.

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
When doing Wario dittos someone biked me and didn't wheelie it while I was biting and the bite went through. It happened consistently.

Also I've seen a few videos awhile ago of the bike going through Falcon PAUNCH!
like anyone uses Falcon.

Wario4Ever

Smash Cadet
I see the bike as one of the greatest punishers in the game. First off, when I play with Wario I almost always pull out the bike more than three times in the game. It is always in the back of my mind because for me it is the easiest way to rack up the damage.

However, many times the opponents start wising up and sheild/dodge when they feel like the bike is comin. This also has its advantages however because u can put some distance between yourself and the opponent if you feel he/she is being too aggressive, then that gives you time to try to form a plan while there is still some space between you.

And like I said if you feel like your reflexes are not fast enough and your opponent is trying to recover from a slow move and you are far away then pull out that bike and ram em! Always keep that idea in your head that racking up the damage is good and even though the bike does not deal a lot of it, its good at keeping them on their toes. Cause you all know how random Wario can get. =)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
When doing Wario dittos someone biked me and didn't wheelie it while I was biting and the bite went through. It happened consistently.

Also I've seen a few videos awhile ago of the bike going through Falcon PAUNCH!
like anyone uses Falcon.
The above may be a clue about the bike's hitbox or something.

It seems the bike goes through anything as long as that doesnt hit wario but how much damage can it take?

Gichan

Smash Champion
So what would you guys say is the best time to take out the bike, is it effective if taken out at close range? Or do I just stick to taking it out from far?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So what would you guys say is the best time to take out the bike, is it effective if taken out at close range? Or do I just stick to taking it out from far?
Mid range-ish I say is best, or from afar to close the distance (make sure to jump off before you reach them, though). If you start pulling it out from too nearby, they can hit you while you whip it out (haha, double entendre), whereas if you're too far away you can be grabbed or hit off it easier b/c they have time to think.

The optimal time is to pull it out when you predict a laggy move, such as DDDs waddle toss.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
It's rarely a good move. But it is one of Wario's biggest allies in the war against spam. Unless the spam is with Grenades, Nikitas, Robo Beams, TL Bombs, or a Pit who loops arrows around to attack from above.

Use it if you can get it to work, but don't get too attached. Your friends will eventually start to see the Bike as a free hit for them. You bike, they fair you.

Then again, one of Wario's biggest strengths is his unpredictability. Nevermind me. Use what works.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
After you're done refreshing moves, though, get rid of it. You need that bike for your recovery.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
After testing out the bike a bit, I noticed that the medium slow-motion from the clock items (Slow brawl doesn't work however) also lower the bikes gravity in air..
This can sometimes result Wario starting to diagonally fly away with his bike when he drives into a slope (eg. Emerald Hill). I don't exactly know what triggers that but my brother seems to do quite often, without trying... When we try to do it, we just seem to fail.

I have a replay saved if someone's interested.

Roager

Smash Ace
This is probably old news, but for those who don't know, the bike can wreck recoveries pretty well, since it takes a while to break. Basically, it'll hit the opponent, and when they try to use their up-B again, it'll hit them again, and just drag them down. ALWAYS break or eat the bike if you're not going to ride it again. You need it for recovery, and you don't want them throwing the bike at you. Plus, eating the bike seems to help the fart charge up.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
How bout mind games. Pull out the bike and immediately do a tumble so you fall off. Hell, it even confused me the first time I did it.

I have a question though. I usually do a manual fall by pressing these actions, continue to hold forward with the control stick, once I've moved the length of Wario, I press Shield and the C-stick the opposite way of my control stick.

Is there a better, more efficient way to intentionally fall off the bike?

Bump

Top Bottom