• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Biggest nerf?

aids514

Smash Cadet
I've been playing brawl quite a bit and as a Falco player in melee, I have to say I'm quite dissapointed in what they've done to Falco. Granted the fair is much better now, I think his dair is arguably the biggest nerf in the game. I also dislike the shine (for the moment I consider it a nerf) but I think it has potential for a different type of metagame strategy.

Also, it seems as though Peach's d-smash has benn quite severly nerfed.....probably a good thing as it was way too good in melee.

These are the biggest nerfs I've noticed...what do you guys think?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
FD was nerfed. It doesn't look fun at all because of the crappy edges.

Now Brawl will need a new stereotype I guess.

NO ITEMS! <Insert top tier character> ONLY! BATTLEFIELD!

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
FD was nerfed. It doesn't look fun at all because of the crappy edges.

Now Brawl will need a new stereotype I guess.

NO ITEMS! <Insert top tier character> ONLY! BATTLEFIELD!
Screw battlefield, everyone knows that norfair is the most balanced stage...

yeah...

SSBB4all

Smash Apprentice
Nope Sheik's air attacks recieved huge nerfs... Mainly her fair! A lot of people are saying that Zelda is better than Sheik now! (And me being a Sheik main in Melee makes me sad!) :(

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Probably Fox Sheik and Falco. They all went from top tier to probably mid tier. Although hopefully it was for the better. Brawl might actually be much better balanced than Melee.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Probably Fox Sheik and Falco. They all went from top tier to probably mid tier. Although hopefully it was for the better. Brawl might actually be much better balanced than Melee.
It was designed to be balanced. And I've seen some awesome Falco's and Fox's already.

Darkslash

Smash Master
biggest Nerf.... would be Fox..... he looks so slow now.......and his look went from

"HEY LOOK AT ME I CAN BITE YOUR HEAD OFF"

to

"HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE I LOOK CUTE AND FUZZY.AND BECAUSE SHE'S BLUE"

yea....

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
they made yoshi even worse,IMO, than he was in melee.(not bad,not good,underrated,extreme learning curve)

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
If you're talking about individual attacks the biggest nerf is Peach's down smash, no question. It's gone from a spinning tornado of doom to a 6-10 (on average) damage attack that can't even kill in Sudden Death. Really, it needed to be nerfed but this is ridiculous.

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
I'll be happy with whoever, as long as they don't get nerfs like Kirby did from 64 to Melee. All of the nerfs are balancing attempts, which are all fair. However, lack of l-canceling is the biggest issue, since CF and Ganondorf dropped a bit.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Falcon dropped like 50 tiers. I can't believe they would make him so terrible. =(

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Still haven't played the game, but word on the street is Sheik's gotten the biggest overall nerf, almost to the point of being useless. All of her kill attacks are no longer such, and none of her moves set up combos nearly as well as they did before. I'm really disappointed, but I'm hoping people are just overreacting. I'll still use her.

iNiGhTmAr3

Smash Apprentice
well I agree with 2 out of those 3...even though fox is a little slower now his shine is A LOT better...it has more knockback, easier to execute, and slows down the speed he falls down too when he uses it

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Peach's d-Smash was a monstrosity in melee... it was the cloverfield monster x10, it got the biggest nerf imo.

I also agree with shieks fair but I'd rather get hit with that then peach's dsmash.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
^ Good call, I was just about to say Samus' projectile attacks. Missiles and the charge shot... seems really disappointing for a long range attacker.

aids514

Smash Cadet
Yah I haven't played around with Shiek yet so I didn't notice her nerfs. I really didn't enjoy watching Sheik matches in Melee so I kinda like how she got nerfed...I think it'll be interesting to see some different characters get some spotlight...then again I don't think Marth got nerfed (except for removing chain grabs) so I guess we'll still be seeing like a million professional Marths. Also maybe we'll start seeing more porfessional Zelda mainers now.

What does everyone think of Falco's shine? Nerf? Until someone discovers how to use it properly (I'm sure it won't be me) I don't think Falco will be played much.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Refer to my thread about Falco's shine in Falco subboard.

There are potential in it, despite first appearance. (Who the hell thought the shine was good for comboing when 64/Melee can out?, everyone thought it only reflects.)

I like the overall balance to the game. Except some more buffs and nerfs were forgotten to do. (ie Yoshi, Marth?)

At least my favourite character is NOT god tier atm, so I actually play him cause I like him, not because OMG he's high. tier. I sick of vesusing dittos where the opponent only plays him cause he just has an imba move.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Entire characters? Sheik, hands down.

Specific move nerf? Peach's D-smash, hands down. They just didn't tone it down, they made it useless. Zero priority, much smaller hitbox, very little damage (even if all hits hit, which would require zero DI and a lucky hit since there's no Crouch Canceling, it only does, like, 21%. Most of the time, you'll only get 3-5%-10% out of a Dsmash) and zero knockback. It doesn't kill at 300%!

Yeah, the move is useless now. At least Sheik can still use all of her moves to rack up damage. Peach's Dsmash is now more useless than her Toad used to be since you can now shieldgrab it as well because of the lack of shieldknockback!

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
Samus got nerfed hardcore. Her back air is harder to land and it's shortened, so it can be over-prioritized by other characters' moves. Her Up-Air doesn't suck you into it, and has low priority. Neutral-A is terrible. Forward Smash is shorter, and slower. Down-Smash is S>L>O>W> and has shorter range. A-A attack (one-two punch) is slower and lower priority. Bombs no longer explode on contact with opponent anymore. They take their time to explode. They actually bounce off your foe.

Only good moves, so far, in my opinion, are her Forward Air, Down Air (only cuz it still spikes), missiles still attack (considering how much they nerfed Samus, this is shocking to me), and her UpB (ScrewAttack) is buffed, though not by much, and her tilts are still good. Up-tilt not so much, but it's good.

Samus will take a lot of work to master again.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Peach lost her whorenado and gave it to Pikachu.

While Shiek may have got alot of nerfs, Zelda has HUGE buffs, maybe this is just the balancing of there partnership?

Top Bottom