• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big European Summer Tournament?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Now that Kone has decided to not go forward with SNY I'm thinking TO's should discuss the summer lineup for smash.

I would've loved to make SNY2 still possible but this isn't happening as kone has already told me I cannot use that venue, I have no clue of any other venues that can accomodate so well and right now 34 t.vs are stuck in birmingham doing nothing :/

Imo the best time would be around the end of july, such as 22nd onwards for the biggest one, which is a bit after genesis and near the end of the summer holidays.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I gan pretty much guarantee that no swedes will come the week after Genesis. And I won't make it the two weeks after that either.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
so whats the plan then?

I personally wont be around from june 26th - July 20th cause of genesis + holiday :p

maybe we should just do after the summer holidays? Or someone else can host but Me + Armada + Aniolas + Ice probably wont be around

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I also won't be there during July as I'll spend some time in the US before/after I attend Genesis as well.

As far as French tournaments are concerned, we should have an ESA in April/May, and I'll see with porc and Salepâte if a TSL could happend in August (but I'm somewhat doubting we can do something big as last time we discussed it, the venue was almost always booked).

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
we should set something up for summer melee + brawl that is away enough from Genesis.

Looking up for something in Spain as well, I hope at least one coutry manages to get something up.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
There's a "new" big (300ppl) and free venue in Gothenburg that we might use for a summer tournament, if all goes well when we "test" it in 2 months.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Brawl is already well off with BBI2 in the works imo.

Europe needs a big Melee tournament as well in the summer. Melee + Brawl would be great though. ^^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This one is serious business.

The other we just use to make fun of Ally's salt ;)

:059:

porc

Smash Journeyman
Super Lion's venue is being renovated, not available.

Only a small one (the one where we held TSL1, 2 & 3) is, but it would be ~40ppl max. Not really worth it.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
my venue is not big either, max 40 people... but if you really want to meet many new people and have lots of fun, you should consider coming to one of my tournament. The next one is april 22-24 and UCK from Germany should be there ! I can house for a few days if necessary and south of France is a great place to live.... think about it guys ;)
oh and btw, I'm living a drug-free life from now on (been clean for 12 days (doesn't sound a lot but it is for me) and still counting ;) )

Mr-R

Smash Champion
LMAO 12 days, well I wish you and all the drug users of europe good luck :)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
PS : for those who speak french :[/url]

Lmao. Will the French never learn?

Let me cut it down one more time:

Only French people speak French. Don't bother talking French to non-Frenchies, don't bother linking us to French sites, talking the slightest bit of French and don't expect us to know anything about France.

No one can speak French. No one, can speak French. Let alone read it. It's the reason we tend to make ENGLISH threads on this ENGLISH forums, which are keeping us up to date. In English. Non-Frenchies can speak English. English, darlings, is good. English keeps us aware, up-to-date and intrigued with whatever event you're organizing. It's the same reason people still don't understand **** about the Sunrise tournaments, because the Japanese keep linking us their Japanese sites.

Newsflash: we don't know how to read Japanese.

But I digress.

Frenchies: my experience with you organizing anything up and including tournaments has been flatout terrible. The only person ever to intelligently and readable about an upcoming tournament was Achoral.

If you want people to understand the slightest **** of what's happening, post in English.

English.

English.

English.

Give details, be helpful and most of all: make sense.

Frenchies aren't busy, they're just mad lazy. Get@me.

K@0S

Smash Ace
"There's a tournament in france on 23-24 july near Dijon. 200 places venue."

C'est déjà pas mal et ça donne 70% des infos, même si Chair a raison sur un point, il faudrait poster tous les détails en anglais

Et Chair sent le fromage

gogs

Smash Rookie
Ouai mais en même temps c'est pas à telu de faire et c'est mieux que rien qu'il donne des infos :/

Lord Chair

Smash Master
"There's a tournament in france on 23-24 july near Dijon. 200 places venue."

C'est déjà pas mal et ça donne 70% des infos, même si Chair a raison sur un point, il faudrait poster tous les détails en anglais

Et Chair sent le fromage
Exactly, 70% is not 100%. Of course I'm right, it takes little to no effort to make a rough translation of the linked post.

I can't smell like cheese cause I already smell like garlic.

Lol why did I understand that post without having to look up anything.

Staco

Smash Champion
Pls open an english thread in the european tourney boards and give more information about it, thank you.

I would also like such a thread, so that I can ask some questions about the tourney, regarding housing etc.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Exactly, 70% is not 100%. Of course I'm right, it takes little to no effort to make a rough translation of the linked post.

I can't smell like cheese cause I already smell like garlic.

Lol why did I understand that post without having to look up anything.
Dear Cheese Chair,

You can obviously understand french.
So STFU.

Truly yours, telu.

PS : I'll write a complete post with 100% of the infos when the TO gives said infos.
I promise.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We have no confirmation on BBI2 as of yet. If we can get a 200 ppl venue where a live stream works too I see no reason to wait for BBI2 tbh.

Greward

Smash Lord
we can make bbi2 and then another tourney the following day after finishing bbi2 so we dont have to pay the flying 2 times

Staco

Smash Champion
I would attend all 4.
in for 2 weeks with 4 big 200 people tourneys in france

DevMBC

Smash Ace
why was SNY2 cancelled? I'm seeing Ed this weekend and will talk to him, really want it to happen! :c

edit: funkatron!

edit 2: just read the SNY2 thread.. ****! but hey the problem is ed's heart isn't in it anymore so we just have to put his heart back in it. let's send him some chocolates and poems!

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Could you please announce BBI2 soon? So we can figure out wtf we're gonna do with our summer holidays? I find it really absurd that you guys are hosting two huge tournaments in France and at the same period lol. All you're gonna do is separate the crowds for each tournament and have lower attendance overall. And even if the two events are done in one week, I REALLY doubt that most people have the money to go to one event, just to take the TGV and go to the next one. >_>

EDIT: You could also maybe make a Melee/Brawl event out of WakuWaku Smash lol.

Ever since SNY2 was canceled, there's no big Melee tournament for the summer. This could help out the Melee community a lot. =p

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Not before another big Brawl only event is announced.

Aka BBI2. I really wonder when that one will be announced.

But seriously, if the frenchies are really planning to do two giant brawl tournies in less than a month it's gonna be a massive crowd-splitter.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wouldn't be betting on something that isn't announced yet though *shrug*

Paju

Smash Journeyman
We're having pretty big melee only tournament (max 80 people) in Tampere, Finland 29.4.-1.5. I'm posting more info in a few days. We can propably house few people.

SvL

Smash Rookie
This really sucks, I was really looking forward to SNY2, :(

Is there going to be a tournament in the UK this summer?

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Due to what happened to the International Street Fighter Bushido, Bushido felt like quitting the tournament hosting scene from what I've heard.
Plus, he just founded his firm and is in business start-ups, so we don't have much news from him.

So unfortunately, BBI2 is likely not to happen. It's not 100% sure it won't happen, but according to the situation, Leon prefers considering Wakuwaku to be the French summer tournament of 2011.

Top Bottom