• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/worst stages

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Characters: Link, Ganon, Cap'n Falcon, and occasionally Mario/Doc

Best:
Final Destination - There's no bull**** here. But that doesn't mean this stage isn't dull as hell to look at.
Corneria - Simple design, but not dull like FD. A straightforward fight on a ship with nice scenery.
Kongo Jungle - I like the lay-out. The music is, of course, horrific.
Mute City - Fun as hell.
Temple - Feels epic, though I understand why some people get annoyed by this stage.
Dreamland 64 - There's no BS

Worst :
Icecicle Mountain - Played it like twice. Get rid of this garbage.
Rainbow Cruise - Get rid of it along with Icecicle Mountain
Poke' Floats - Get rid of it along with Rainbow Cruise and Icecicle Mountain.
Metroid stages - Acid and Kraid slashing the stage every five seconds? Gay.
Yoshi's Story - What's not to hate about this stage?
Onett - See above.
Flatzone - See above.
Great Bay - Should be re-named the Great Gay because of how stupidly small those mini-platforms are.

I eventually hated or disliked a lot of Melee's stages, but those were the ones that sucked the most to me.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Key: AM = Any of my Mains

Best Stages:
Fountain of Dreams (Red Link)/ I just play better in it. Moving platforms sometimes confuses my opponent(s).
Final Destination (AM)/ Neutral, easiest to combo.
DK64 (AM)/ Old favorite.
Kirby64 (AM)/ Nicely balanced.
Pokemon Stadium (Samus)/ Missiles good use here. Balanced.

Worst Stages:
Rainbow Cruise, Icicle Mountain, Pokefloats, Venom (the one w/ the ship facing the screen), Kraid (Samus's round one). I hate 'em all with a passion.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
Best Stages - Icicle Mountain (with Ice Climbers) and Hyrule Temple (with Peach because of camping on the small floating platform at the southern level of the stage).

Worst - Mute City, Rainbow Cruise and Great Bay. -.-

I know camping is nooby but I go down to survive.

Shin Virus

Smash Cadet
Best: Kongo Jungle 64, Greens Greens, and FoD

Worst: Venom.....and Icicle Mountain

Keep in mind i judge stages by the music.

Binx

Smash Master
My favorite level is Yoshi Story even though IC's dont do very well there, I also really like rainbow cruise, pokefloats, and DL 64

my least favorite map is battlefield

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Characters: Mainly Link, but I use various characters, almost all of them.

Favourite Stages: Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, FoD, DL64, Pokemon Stadium, FD, and Jungle Japes.
Pretty close in that order.

Least Favourites: Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Hyrule Temple, Pokefloats, Peach's Castle, Flatzone, Great Bay, Onnet, Mushroom Kingdoms 1 and 2, Kongo Jungle (I hate those god**** ledges)..
In no particular order..

How do you like FD for it's music?
I thought everyone would be completely sick of it by now.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Poke'mon Stadium a lot better if it weren't for the ground transformation.

Poke'mon Stadium 2 seems like it has some crappy transformations too.
What?!?! They look far better, though. I'm looking forward to the fans under the stage. The changes make it exciting to play at.

For music, as Shin Virus said, I like Congo Jungle and Brinstar. Oh, and Big Blue.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Best: Kirby 64 stage, its just a classic stage and the music to it was catchy

Worst: Pokemon floats, no offence but the stadium was good i liked it but the floats were just one step to far in my eyes. They seemed to overdo it.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
hard to say but...

Marth
Where: Dream Land, Battlefield and yoshi island.
why: Marths can easly control the platforms his up tilt goes straight through

Falco
Where: FD and pokemon Stadium(when it doesn't transform)
Why: SHL Baby

Fox
Where: basicly any neutral tourny stage
Why: Nothing cripples the shine spike baby

All my other characters it depends on the way im playing that day

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
What?!?! They look far better, though. I'm looking forward to the fans under the stage. The changes make it exciting to play at.
The ice transformation will have dumb sliding traction, the air form has goofy gravity, and apparently there's a conveyor belt on the electric form so you're either running in place or running right off the stage if you're on it.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
The ice transformation will have dumb sliding traction, the air form has goofy gravity, and apparently there's a conveyor belt on the electric form so you're either running in place or running right off the stage if you're on it.
Oh, a conveyor belt. That's not good. Something tells me now that Pokemon Stadium 2 is going to be a problem...I agree with you know...

XmeX565

Smash Cadet
i think that Onett is fun..even though it is not a good place for kirby...its just fun! =)

thisguyhere

Smash Rookie
ssbm stages

i like final destanation only. WHY: with link, i always use his grapple shot instead of my up-B move because personly, if it isn't used in fighting, it sucks. my opinion.

i hate, basicly all other stages, some more than others. but, i hate poke' floats, rainbow cruse, and ice-cicle mountain the most. WHY: THEY MOVE!!!!!!!:urg:

i also like great bay, with the altermate music and hyrule temple, also with the alternate music. but, i don't like these stages as much as final destanation.:psycho:

JellyJiggler

Smash Cadet
Favorite: Mute City
Least Favorite: Hmmm... Fourside, I guess... Mostly because of the U.F.O. that takes up most of the screen.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
favorite is pokemon stadium because i like the water and grass transformations a lot. either that or battlefield because battlefield is purple. and has a high ceiling. and a nice platform arrangement.

i don't like mute city because the lack of edges ****s me hard vs peaches and puffs specifically since sheik's upb has so much lag.

ICbombers

Smash Rookie
Favorite: Temple
Worst: Rainbow cruise

I am not the best smasher ever and i think that hyrule is more fun because it is so big. I dont like rainbow cruise because it moves to much.....

Favorite charcter: Ice climbers

Top Bottom