• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/worst stages

Orbinas

Smash Rookie
Best: FD, BF, HT, BD. Final Destination is there for all the obvious reasons. It's very neutral. Battlefield for the same reasons. Hyrule Temple is fun since it's so big, and it provides a nice long match at times. The bottom area can let you rack up % like it's the last match ever. And Brinstar Depths is just pure fun, while the fact that some 1v1 matches are drawn out at times, but the randomness about it just makes it one of my favourites.

Worst: IM, GB MKII. Icicle Mountain is just not a good stage. Great Bay is just annoying to me. It's small, but there's a lot of things going on, and a meteor or spike at mid% could be fatal easily. Mushroom Kingdom II has always been the ugly duckling out of the lot, in my opinion. It doesn't appeal to me and doesn't have much going for it.

damage incorperated

Smash Apprentice
most fair are (in order): final d, battlefield, poke stadium, theyre my favorites. yoshis story, fod, and dreamland are also excellent. i like mute city a lot though

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Favorite: FD, Yoshi's Story [with the 3 platforms and the cloud that goes around the bottom], FoD, Corneria [sometimes], DL64, Pokemon Stadium, Green Greens.

Worse: Anything that has too much moving, except Pokefloats, since it follows a set path.

XmeX565

Smash Cadet
No I think he's talking about rainbow cruise, which is a level I actually like cus kirby has the Rainbowcides on that level. And Yoshi I wasnt trying to be mean its just that you just said Mute City wasnt a fair level without giving any real explanation.

Oh, and XmeX565 if you were really a good kirby player you would understand that FD is a horrible stage for Kirby, and if you had ever actually played someone with skill you would get destroyed there. I understand that FD is great for alot of character match ups because its usually even. This isnt the case for Kirby, he's far too easily spammed . Its not an even level for him, go ask t!Mmy, even he'll tell you that
of caorse i have played with skill...like of coarse i am probably as good as you because i dont play alot..or much at all...but FD is not a good place for kirby but i think that it can be fun at sometimes..haha...but i am not being mean or anything to you..sorry =/
i dont really spend alot of time playing the game but i like FD...but you are again better than me..!!!
:laugh:

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Yeh come on people lets not argue who's the better Smasher, only real n00bs try to prove to others they are better. Great Smashers just link them to their combo vid and watch the mouths drop open :)

OmegaSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Favorite: Final Destination, Battlefield
Why: They are both very simple stages with a flat area. This makes it more balanced.

Least Favorite: Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue
Why: Too much moving around.

Character(s): Capt. Falcon, Ganondorf, Link, Marth, Falco, Fox

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Favorite stages: Yoshis story, Pokemon stadium, Princess peaches castle.

Least favorite stages: Icicle mountain, Flatzone and Battlefield (Its not that I don't like its simplicity, its just basically how dull the stage looks, thank god its got really nice visuals for Brawl.)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Favorite stages: Yoshis story, Pokemon stadium, Princess peaches castle.

Least favorite stages: Icicle mountain, Flatzone and Battlefield (Its not that I don't like its simplicity, its just basically how dull the stage looks, thank god its got really nice visuals for Brawl.)
Ahh yes, Brawl's visuals look TONS better than Melee ones, so hopefully we'll be able to enjoy every stage to a certain extent.

XmeX565

Smash Cadet
Yeh come on people lets not argue who's the better Smasher, only real n00bs try to prove to others they are better. Great Smashers just link them to their combo vid and watch the mouths drop open :)
so are you saying that just because someone has the name n00b and trys to prove that they are good..well maybe they are good and better..

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Everyone knows combo vids dont actually show skill, If you really want to prove your skill you have to link to actual matches.

Also, I has a new favorite level: ONETT. its essentially like fighting on the lower levels of Temple, you can tech EVERYWHERE.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Everyone knows combo vids dont actually show skill, If you really want to prove your skill you have to link to actual matches.
I completely agree. I was just referring to the really impressive combo vids. Of course, they mean nothing when it gets down to it.

I was just trying to seperate the flamers from the actual people with skill :p

Children_of_Bodom

Smash Cadet
Well my favorite stage is Pokemon Stadium. I find that it provides a lot of variety because of the switch that doesn't seem to keep me bored. I like how it's a long flat stadium with only platforms and the positioning of the platforms helps me with more combos than in most stages. And I really like the music :]

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Favorites: Hyrule Temple, Big Blue, Corniea
Why: Hyrule is huge, so there is more ground to fight. Big Blue keeps you on your toes the whole time. Corneria is kind of basic but the random air strikes make things interesting.

Worst: Icicle Mtn, Final Destination, Flatzone and Battlefield.
Why: Duh, boring, boring, boring

Character used: Link

Marquis Steve

Smash Rookie
Oddly enough, my favourites are a toss up between Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, and Big Blue (keeps me paying attention). Least favourite is a toss up between Dreamland (the falling bombs), and Peach's Castle (that darn pillar in the middle which annoys me to no end). I play Marth as my character.

Typo_Brawler

Smash Cadet
Best: Hyrul Temple, Foutian of dreams, Finle Destanation, Peaches Casle.

Worst: Big blue, Pokemon Flots , Icilce Moutian, RAINBOW CRUISE

Any staged that move really. The whole point of the game is to fight. Not jump and such. It only makes the brawlers more stressed and the nmach longer.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I have a new favorite stage...Yoshi's Story is a great place to combo as your opponents are forced to land on a platform above you making them vaunerable after a Uair of simply an up smash. It works wonders with my Sheik, and I like it with my Yoshi as well.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Rainbow Cruise and Pokefloats are considered best counterpicks, though.
Like they say. Fox can't KO you if he's too busy trying to get onscreen.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Rainbow Cruise and Pokefloats are considered best counterpicks, though.
Like they say. Fox can't KO you if he's too busy trying to get onscreen.
They are good counter picks, espescially against a fox. I agree with you there. Unfortunately, my Yoshi has major disagreements with those stages. I'm fine with my shiek, though.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Yoshi'stheBombers7 said:
They are good counter picks, espescially against a fox. I agree with you there. Unfortunately, my Yoshi has major disagreements with those stages. I'm fine with my shiek, though.
Luigi can't live 30 seconds for me on Pokefloats.
Sliding+Chasey=Instadeath'd

Xela

Smash Rookie
don't know why alot of people don't like Big Blue, well on one on ones its not that fun, but when i'm playing against 3 people 3 vs 1 its helpful knock them on to the road and kill them.
Also Brinstar's depths. You can kill people easily with Falco's reflect if they don't DI i think.

Fav: tournament stages and Fourside, because of wall jumping ^^
Least Fav: the old yoshi place where people fun away to the far cloud and do nothing but wait.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
don't know why alot of people don't like Big Blue, well on one on ones its not that fun, but when i'm playing against 3 people 3 vs 1 its helpful knock them on to the road and kill them.
Also Brinstar's depths. You can kill people easily with Falco's reflect if they don't DI i think.

Fav: tournament stages and Fourside, because of wall jumping ^^
Least Fav: the old yoshi place where people fun away to the far cloud and do nothing but wait.
I don't like Big Blue for my double jump cancels with Yoshi. I can't predict where I land safely.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
New Format! State your favorite/worst stage(s) like this:

Characters-
Main(s): Yoshi
Second(s) Captain Falcon and Shiek
Fun/Expirementation: Marth, Ness, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and Falco.

----------One On One Events----------
Favorite: Yoshi's Story (Not Yoshi's Island, the one with yellow bricks.), Final Destination
Why: Even stages that provide advanteges to both players for a fair match.
Worst: Poke Floats, Icicle Mountain, and Rainbow Cruise.
Why: They're progressive stages, and it's impossible to have a good, fair match.
Fun: Big Blue, Brinstar, and Corneria
Why: Not even, but fun for various stage inturuptions (Lava, explosions, ect.).

----------Three or More Players----------
Favorite: Hyrule Temple, Big Blue, Final Destination, and Green Greens (64)
Why: Hyrule Temple is large for four players, Big Blue for the stage variatoins, Final Destination cause it's fun for the flat surface, and Green Greens...cause the music is entertaining...

----------Item Variations----------
For One-on-Ones, I turn items off. I only turn them on if I'm looking for some excitement in the four player Free-for-All games. I don't use my main or even my seconds for any matches with more than two players.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Characters:
Mains: C. Falcon, and Roy
Seconds: Ganondorf, Samus, Dr. Mario, Falco
Fun/Experimentation: Marth, Fox, Luigi, Mewtwo

1 on 1

Favorites: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land, Temple, Corneria

Aside from Temple, all are fair stages. I used Temple for when I'ma chargin' mah lazorz.

Worst: Big Blue, Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Cruise, Poke Floats

Progressive stages, moving randomness, evil SDs. As one smart man once posted (And many others): 'Nuff said.

Fun: Venom, Mute City, Brinstar

Venom: Cramped, but interesting spike-age. Mute City and Brinstar: the pain inflicted from the road/lava acid. Spikes for the win.

FFA

Favorites: Temple, Corneria, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island N64, Fountain of Dreams

Big stages, lots of room. And, well, it's chaotic on Fountain of Dreams!

Items

Don't like 'em, except for the occassional Poke Ball. Or Bob-Omb. Or Motion Sensor Bomb. Or... Well, okay, sometimes I have 'em all. Very High all Items FFA on Temple anyone? :chuckle:

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Characters-
Mains: Kirby, Doc
Seconds: Falco, Fox, Mewtwo
Fun/Experimentation: EVERYONE ELSE

1 on 1
Favorite: FoD, Pokemon Stadium
Why: FoD for competative smash, I can control the match there. PS because I love to play around on the windmill.
Worst: FD, Yoshi Story
Why: Camped on FD, Destroyed at 10% damage on Yoshi Story because of tiny death box
Fun: Pokemon Stadium
Why: Mewtwo Vs. Jigglypuff, Pokeballs only, Very High, No attacking the opponent directly

FFA
Favorite: FD, Onette
Why: Cus I can camp the ledge on FD and hide in Onette, let everyone else do the work then come in for the kill.

Items
Only for fun in 1v1 and always off for FFA

Top Bottom