• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/worst stages

Patinator

Smash Champion
I believe smashers everywhere agree on that.
No, Icicle Mountain is okay with me. I don't play on it vs. a human, though. It's fun on Tiny Melee with all Poison Mushrooms and Bob-Ombs!

ONE solution to the Icicle Mountain Self-Destruct problem: Time match with the amount of points an SD subtracts from your score: 0. :)

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Temple matches are so annoying when the other participants cower in the lower level because they have 400% damage racked up. That stage has to be next to Icicle Mountain.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Mute City is a progressive stage, but I think it can sometimes be fun...unless of course you want a fair match.
Hurray for double posts!

Also, who are you to decide whats fair? As a kirby main I find FD to be an unfair stage for me because it gives characters with spammable projectiles and good approaches(read: everyone other than kirby) an immediate advantage. Mute city on the other hand evens things out a little for Kirby because the small main platform makes it difficult for opponents to spam. The fundamental problem it with this thread is that most opinions on what makes a best/worst stage comes from which characters you main. There's no such thing as a perfectly balanced stage unless both players are using the same characters.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
My favourite's Pokémon Stadium. Nice music. Changing enviroments, which make the stage take out the pure skills of a player, in many ways. It's simply perfect.

The one I hate the most must be Icicle Mountain. Low roof (well, not really, but it certainly feels like it), KO-limit to the right and left is very close to the middle of the stage, and ranom movement. And, of course, the music sucks.

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Favourites - FD, DL 64, Pokémon Stadium... any 3 platform stage
Reasons - fairly balanced, fun to combo across platforms with Doc.

Least favourite - Icicle Mountain
Reasons- too easy to get cheap KOs

all of you who say that FD gives no characters advantages are wrong. A character with projectiles has a big advantage on FD.

I play as Doc.

Also, who are you to decide whats fair?
Tis called an opinion. There would be no point to this thread if there were no opnions.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Hurray for double posts!

Also, who are you to decide whats fair? As a kirby main I find FD to be an unfair stage for me because it gives characters with spammable projectiles and good approaches(read: everyone other than kirby) an immediate advantage. Mute city on the other hand evens things out a little for Kirby because the small main platform makes it difficult for opponents to spam. The fundamental problem it with this thread is that most opinions on what makes a best/worst stage comes from which characters you main. There's no such thing as a perfectly balanced stage unless both players are using the same characters.
I stated on the first page to explain what character(s) you use, giving reasons why they are the stages you like or dislike. You obviously didn't read the first post.

XmeX565

Smash Cadet
this forum is really cool =)
and to let you know "pink reaper" i am the BEST with Kirby and you are like " i am the best so i dont think that FD is a good stage..blah blah blah" well you know what?! i think that FD is a awesome stage to test your skill level. and if you dont like to bad for you because that must mean that you are one of those cheap people that use items and hide for defense! =p

Sandwich

Smash Ace
XmeX565 said:
this forum is really cool =)
and to let you know "pink reaper" i am the BEST with Kirby and you are like " i am the best so i dont think that FD is a good stage..blah blah blah" well you know what?! i think that FD is a awesome stage to test your skill level. and if you dont like to bad for you because that must mean that you are one of those cheap people that use items and hide for defense! =p
Get off the internets.
Now.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
I think the worst stage is the Cruise stage, due to the random amounts of scrolling. My favorite, I can't decide, because so many staages are fun to play on.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
No I think he's talking about rainbow cruise, which is a level I actually like cus kirby has the Rainbowcides on that level. And Yoshi I wasnt trying to be mean its just that you just said Mute City wasnt a fair level without giving any real explanation.

Oh, and XmeX565 if you were really a good kirby player you would understand that FD is a horrible stage for Kirby, and if you had ever actually played someone with skill you would get destroyed there. I understand that FD is great for alot of character match ups because its usually even. This isnt the case for Kirby, he's far too easily spammed . Its not an even level for him, go ask t!Mmy, even he'll tell you that

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Yea...Rainbow Cruise. Not a good stage for a Yoshi...
I didn't give a clear explination Pink reaper, so that's my bad. I like to have flat surfaces with Yoshi, and when the main platform lands I'm pretty vaunerable.

TelQuel

Smash Cadet
Among our circle of friends we do not play the following maps: Ice Mountain, Pokefloats.

We try to avoid big blue and other ones but still play occasionally.

The reason is simple: we like to fight each other not the map. A little map interference is fun but when the game is more about that than fighting it is stupid. We want to improve our play and it is easier to do so on maps like FD.

ifoundwaldo512

Smash Cadet
I'd have to say i like hyrule castle the best. I like some leg room when i'm kickin the livin crap outa my buds

ifoundwaldo512

Smash Cadet
yea hyrule really is two levels in one . plus that little underground platform I always fall off of. it's on my "things to blow up" list.

+Faruko+

Smash Rookie
Stages:
Best - Hyrule, it's a huge stage and me and my friends love to play at the same time but OoO(One on One), so we choose a side of the stage to fight on and stick with it, it's fun because you never know who'll get bored of fighting the same person and attack the other two.

Worst - Any thing that moves/shifts, they annoy me, and if the stage carries up then some one is bound to hog a spot and just pillar all day until it moves/shifts again.

Charas:
Best - Falco, need I say more.

Worst - Sheik, even though I can beat her, she just some how becomes annoying. Sorry if I sound "ignorant" about this.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to say i like hyrule castle the best. I like some leg room when i'm kickin the livin crap outa my buds
Yeh, Hyrule is truly best for big free-for-alls. One on one can be good on it too, but 4 player is great for Hyrule.

Of course, in competetive play the undergroundy bit of Hyrule is unfair and shouldn't be used, but when I'm just playing with my friends it's awesome to see people get to almost 300% damage and fly around the stage defying gravity :laugh:

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
The only time- ever -I would use Hyrule Temple is for a giant FFA. It's way to big for 1vs.1 matches, and Yoshi isn't that usful coming down to the lower levels. He's very vaunerable, so I don't play as him on Hyrule. I useually play as Captain Falcon on that stage.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Best- Dreamland 64, my favorite stage, great for just about everything.

Worst- In general? Flatzone and Icicle mountain. Bad stages, are not very favorable towards anyone as far as I know.

Characters- I play DK(Kirby, CF, Ganondorf, Doc, Luigi, Ness, and so on) a lot, and I would say that Dreamland 64 benefits me in most, if not, all situations.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Best: Yoshi's Story, Jungle Japes, Corneria.
Why: Interesting stages that I find myself comfortable on.

Worst: Fountain of Dreams.
Why: Not necessarily bad, but it is a very constricting stage.

Characters: Falco, Sheik, and some Fox.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
Stages:
Best - Hyrule, it's a huge stage and me and my friends love to play at the same time but OoO(One on One), so we choose a side of the stage to fight on and stick with it, it's fun because you never know who'll get bored of fighting the same person and attack the other two.
...Why would you type "OoO" if you were just going to type "One on one" in parentheses?

Best: I admit that I love Final Destination, and I just dislike DreamLand 64. I hate the wind.

Worst: Icicle mountain, Flat zone, Planet Zebes...

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
LIKED
Hyrule temple, final destination, battlefield(and the others like BF)

Temple; because i love long heated matches with lots of teching :p
FD; seems like the most fair for everyone for its flatness
Battlefields; cause of the platforms
Stadium; i just like it :p

NONLIKED
Pokefloats, Big Blue, Flatzone

Poke; it changes too much
Big blue; kinda unfair caus if someone throws you at like 10% and you miss the tech or even sometimes teching into the street you die (i do XD)
Flatzone; for many things: falling tools, smallness, etc(thought its fun in a 4 shiek fight needling the tools and reflecting them with needles)

I use many characters, but the mains are Falcon, Marth, Fox and Shiek.

The others i use are falco, mario, luigi, gannis.

detroitpistons_fan_23

Smash Cadet
lol i only just got final destination bout a week ago...(i never bothered to do the event matches) and now i play on that every time... best stage easily, worst stage is icicle mountain! there no chance of hitting any one!!

Ekit

Smash Rookie
The best stage is Dream Land 64 and the worst is icicle Mountain
Big blue isnt THAT bad.....

Top Bottom