• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to beat Olimar spam?

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
What is the best way to beat an olimar that uses:

Side+B
Grab
Side+B
Grab
Side+B
Grab
Side+B
Grab
Side+B
Grab

?
?
?

AlexX

Smash Ace
If you use a character with a reflector, Olimar's pikmin will be reflected like any other projectile. As for grab range? I believe you can spotdodge it and get him while he's vulnerable after he whiffs it.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
rob destroys oli, just make SURE that you ban luigis mansion...

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Stand outside his grab range. When he throws a pikmin, dodge, shield, or attack it. Approach him on the diagonals. His only move that can hit diagonally (and only diagonally up) is Up-B, and it's a little laggy.

Puddin

Smash Lord
What is the best way to beat an olimar that uses:

Side+B
Grab
Side+B
Grab
Side+B
Grab
Side+B
Grab
Side+B
Grab

?
?
?
That should be easy because any Olimar that only does that sucks.

really MK isn't always the answer -_-
1.Press the eject button
2.Put in Melee
3.???????
4.Profit
QFT

rob destroys oli, just make SURE that you ban Olimars mansion...
Fixed.

Stand outside his grab range. When he throws a pikmin, dodge, shield, or attack it. Approach him on the diagonals. His only move that can hit diagonally (and only diagonally up) is Up-B, and it's a little laggy.
If you leave my grab range I will spam Pikmin until you come back into it... Although that probably makes me a bit of a hypocrite as to what I said in this exact same post it really depends who you are using, because most characters give Olimar no reason to have to approach.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Find an aerial that does a lot of damage, is short, and has little lag on landing.

Got it? Use that. But stay out of Olimar's grab range.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
pick toon link

spam the down b all day. if he approuches Dair while offstage usually tricks him into suicides

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
use the primitive wolf spam.
lol.. I found it pretty effective too..
Good thing that Wolf kills the Pikmin at the same time he's shooting at Olimar =)
Combined with the reclfector it's pretty annoying for Oli i belive?

Thanks all for the great answers btw!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If your friend happens to be a good Olimar, pick up Peach. If he sucks and can't get past things like Wolf's laser, just use that. Or you could do what most people do and go to your character board and ask there. >_>

AlexX

Smash Ace
Yes, MK works good I heard, but I rarely play MK =/
Which of MK's attacks are best against Olimar?
MK's matchup with Oli is slightly in MK's favor, but by no means is the masked monster a counter to the spaceman. I think people are just saying to use MK as a joke.

Puddin

Smash Lord
MK's matchup with Oli is slightly in MK's favor, but by no means is the masked monster a counter to the spaceman. I think people are just saying to use MK as a joke.
The true nature of this match up is unknown to many though. So they are probably being serious :ohwell:

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Yoshi Only
No items
Final Destination

= Dead Olimar....or use MK.

Anyways pikmen spam isn't hard, MK and yoshi can rip through them easily meaning that the spam won't bother them much if at all, then you get up and tear off Olimars helmet and let him suffocate.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
If by "slightly in MK's favor" you mean "the most lopsided matchup in the game"...

AlexX

Smash Ace
If by "slightly in MK's favor" you mean "the most lopsided matchup in the game"...
No, that would be MK vs Captain Falcon...

If you just mean in terms of Oli's matchups though, then that would be Oli vs Peach.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
approach with low lag aerial moves or run through the pikmin spam and chombo him till his tell veggies eat whatever ttack you feed it

Puddin

Smash Lord
Seriously do some homework before you make such a ludicrous post. Yes it is MK's favor but not by much, stop by the Olimar boards and read what they have to say about it. Fool.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Just make sure he doesn't grab you, then smash him out of existance. x]

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
use wario, and pretend the Side B just inst there, because its a mind game.
people are always trying to kill the latched Pikmen, but if you just spam Dair and ignore the pikmen, then gimp him. you win.

it sounds simple, and it is.

Puddin

Smash Lord
use wario, and pretend the Side B just inst there, because its a mind game.
people are always trying to kill the latched Pikmen, but if you just spam Dair and ignore the pikmen, then gimp him. you win.

it sounds simple, and it is.
Ignoring it is the best thing someone can do for an Olimar main, that means free damage AND they have to approach (if they use your logic/strategy) which is also in Olimars favor. Of course with Wario this is a different story because he's just fat and annoying to Olimar.

Puddin

Smash Lord
The real answer: reach over, and punch the dude in his mouth.

You win!
Clever plan good sir, but you seem to forget one very important aspect. I have a HELMET on! And Pikmin to take the blow MWUAHAHA.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
You wear a helmet when you play smash?

If thats the case, you already lose lol. Punch or no punch.

geekd

Smash Apprentice
safety first :grin:

My olimar ***** MK
olimar has much harder matchups than mk. Either choose someone who can outcamp him or play hardcore agressive. I would recomend the latter; don't give him a moment to breath and eventually his pikmin line will diminish. If you don't let him pluck more then he will eventually start to panic and try to pluck new ones at every available opportunity. This is both predictable and punishable. Get in the habit of edgehoging at every available moment too. If you play falco, why not reflect the pikmin?

SBR tier list only puts olimar in middle-tier, so what do you have to worry about. eh?

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
Ignoring it is the best thing someone can do for an Olimar main, that means free damage AND they have to approach (if they use your logic/strategy) which is also in Olimars favor. Of course with Wario this is a different story because he's just fat and annoying to Olimar.
if you stay close, avoid Utilt, and Spam Dair, while ignoring the Pikmen, they will die while your attacking Oli, and you dont take mutch damage...
im sticking to my "ignore the latched Pikmen" strat. b/c it works.
They only thing that annoys me about Oli is his Utilt, and Nair.

Top Bottom