• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best video game

MarthMaster2

Smash Apprentice
I think it's fun i hate that halo 2 is first person but it aint enough to diss a game over...

MarthMaster2

Smash Apprentice
Wtf! How can Bart Simpson criticize a simpsons fan lol! I'm not a hypocrite though i might be an idiot.

MarthMaster2

Smash Apprentice
Wtf! How can Bart Simpson criticize a simpsons fan lol! I'm not a hypocrite though i might be an idiot.

Quote from Homer " I'll endanger you!"

Oops didn't mean to double post must be a computer error.

Stopsign

Smash Ace
I can't just put a finger on one certain game so I split them into Genres

Adventure
Grim Fandango - Oh if you haven't played this game you are a very unfortunate. It is one of Lucas Arts very good Adventure games on the PC. In this game you are a travel agent to Heaven, Manny Calavera. Who seems to be getting all the bad people who can't get a ticket on the Train to Heaven but have to walk a dangerous journey. Manny tries to uncover a sinister plot. The game has very inventive and innovative puzzles, and hillarious dialog.

Action
Any Contra games - Well the whole Contra series is pretty amazing. Though I must admit it is very agrivating. Action is Genre I usually tend not to play much (Unless you coun't Zelda). This series are mostly all great side-scroller shoot em' ups. Fun and hard that is how they used to make them.

Racing
F Zero GX - Yeah if you haven't noticed I like hard games, and this is one of the hardest ever IMO. It looks simple but since the speed in this game is amazingly fast. It takes a while to get the hang of, and hundreds of hours to master. Great graphics, sound, and gameplay mold into one with this game.

Zelda
Zelda Ocarina of Time - I put in Zelda all by itself just because this is my favorite series of all time. Guys if you don't know what Ocarina of Time is. I will shun you for the rest of your life. No I'm not kidding.

RPG
Chrono Trigger - Here I was very close to saying FF6. But I resisted. Chrono Trigger had everything going for it at the time. Fabulous graphics, sound, gameplay, longetivity. Then there was a great story. Some great characters (Chrono, Frog, ect.). It is the only game that I know of that had the last boss not being a human trying to take over the world. But instead a creature.

Platformer
Super Mario 64 - Here again I would have said Super Mario Bros. 3. But I just don't remember enjoying the game as much as Super Mario 64. Since the game was the first 3d game I ever played. It made a great impression on me. Ofcourse I got the N64 the Christmas that Zelda OoT came out. I also picked up Banjo Tooie. I have never had a better Christmas. Ever.

FPS
Timesplitters 2 - I actually put Timesplitters 2 down because of it's multiplayer. In my mind is the best multiplayer ever. My friends and I have hours of fun just doing flame tag on all the different levels. The story sucks, the game has cruddy graphics and on top of it all it has sloppy controls. Yet it rules. I'm not going to get in a Halo 2 fight again, and I don't want to be lame by saying Golden Eye, or Perfect Dark.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
RPG: Ocarina of Time
FPS: Goldeneye
Fighting: Soul Calibur 2 (i prefer SSBM, but i don't consider it to be a regular fighting gmae)
Racing: diddy kong racing
Puzzle: Tetris
Sports: 1080 snowboarding

overall: SONIC 2 for megadrive

ValiantDeftone

Smash Apprentice
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has to be the greatest game. its been like 7 years since it came out and im still playing it over. i must've replayed it like 50x.

Smash Lord
The best Video Game of all time is definately without a doubt SSB series. I mean did anyone even mention it? The N64 series was the best game of it's time and now Melee can never get old. You can always get better and there are always new challenges. It's the ultimate multiplayer games. I don't mean to critisize but Devil May Cry 3 gets so boring after a while, the first time is a great play but playing it over sucks balls. Soul Caliber is too easy to pose any challenge so i mean its barely worth mentioning. I beat it in an arcade with 1 token. That should never happen to any game. Ocarina was also pretty amazing, Majora's Mask was just annoying. The second best game of all time i think is Fire Emblem. The origional not the ****** sequel

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Game freak8000: I mentioned the SSB series. As for Devil May cry 3 being boring. Well, I simply don't agree. Playing that game over on hard and then Dante must die mode will keep you busy and entertained. It wasn't boring for me. It was a long and extremely difficult process to beat Dante must die mode. I wanted to break down into tears of joy when I finally did beat it. I still haven't double S ranked all the missions on every difficulty. I may do that next. But anyway DMC 3 is not boring as long as you make the effort to challenge your limits in the game and test the games difficulties to the fullest.

As for Soul Caliber. Well your reasoning is flawed. You say Soul Caliber isnt that good becasue you easily beat the A.I? The A.I in Soul Caliber is much better then that of SSBM. The SSBM A.I is a joke but by your logic if a games A.I is bad that means the game sucks too. With any fighting game the A.I only takes the game so far and humans always take it to another level where the A.I can't compete. Sorry but Soul caliber possesses one of the most in depth fighting game engines of all time. I dare say its one of the few fighting games that rivals SSBM in terms of depth, along with the Tekken series. But that last part is IMO of course.

Smash Lord
Devil May Cry itself i think is boring, the battles are challenging my god Dante Must Die is fun but the running around to get things, the huge map with barely anthing on it and the countless battles of crappy demons that are easy to predict is what's boring. Devil May Cry 3 was like one of my fav games but being the best is far from true.

Soul Caliber has the crappiest story line of all time, The characters are too easy to master. I was playing with my bro for like 2 hrs and we beat the game on extremely hard (whatever it's called) we became pros in 2 hrs. The characters should just have more skill to master. The A.I's are great and tough but mastering the characters is too easy and that's what makes the game easy. Lastly the weapons master mode is just plain annoying.

Tekken's amazing though i have no issues with that, its totally awsome ^^

NukeA6

Smash Master
game_freak8000 said:
Soul Caliber has the crappiest story line of all time, The characters are too easy to master. I was playing with my bro for like 2 hrs and we beat the game on extremely hard (whatever it's called) we became pros in 2 hrs. The characters should just have more skill to master. The A.I's are great and tough but mastering the characters is too easy and that's what makes the game easy. Lastly the weapons master mode is just plain annoying.

Tekken's amazing though i have no issues with that, its totally awsome ^^
You say Soul Calibur's characters are too easy to master? Well, call yourself the best SC player.

And I don't remember it having a really crappy storyline.

Smash Lord
NukeA6 said:
You say Soul Calibur's characters are too easy to master? Well, call yourself the best SC player.

And I don't remember it having a really crappy storyline.
Thank you but in my opinion anyone can master a SC player it's just so easy. I consider it to be a bad game because compared to others the characters are too easy to use. Tekken for instance makes it insanely difficult to master a character. There are so many buttons to press to execute a great combo where as SC all you have to do is press X repeatedly and use the control stick.

Concerning the plot, all it is, is some people killing each other over a sword. Look at their dialogue when they're about to fight in the "destined battle". If you play as that girl with the two Tonfa (i fotgot her name). The script is horrible.

Ex. Necrid vs. Some guy (i forgot):

???: You're not human are you?

(fight)

Also some of the character endings are kinda bad. I thought especially the ending for Link and the samurai guy (forgot his name) He had afro hair in one of his alternate costumes and the other one he was like wearing pijamas. The plot could have been so much better or even if there was no plot it would be great to play a game with senseless killing. (that's what most people consider Tekken, many people don't know the story line)

Sorry for all of this criticism i know there are a lot of SC fans out there but i tend to attack games a lot (i'm like a game critique) :chuckle:

Krool

Smash Cadet
Some good games are Resident Evil whoel series. Zelda series. Alot of series games.

Chris II

Smash Journeyman
game_freak8000 said:
Tekken for instance makes it insanely difficult to master a character. There are so many buttons to press to execute a great combo where as SC all you have to do is press X repeatedly and use the control stick.
Isn't tekken just a massive turtlefest in the first place?

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but maybe your bro just sucks. If you play any good player(like me), just pressing X and the control stick you ewill get *****. Especially since every character has a guard break, and then make you turn t the side so then can do painful grab moves like Link's booty spank and hurl or Mitsurugi' Stomach Impale.

Besides Melee, Calibur II is like the best fighing game. And Tekken sucks in comparison. And that Necrid scenario you were talking about is in the arcade mode. There isn't supposed to be a story. It's just randomn opponents trying to stop you from getting the Ultimate Soul Edge.

And most people who say the Weapon Master mode is annoying usualy suck at it, and don't get very far, lol. If you haven't got even half-way though, of course you won't like the game

Smash Lord
Hyper-Link said:
I'm sorry but maybe your bro just sucks. If you play any good player(like me), just pressing X and the control stick you ewill get *****. Especially since every character has a guard break, and then make you turn t the side so then can do painful grab moves like Link's booty spank and hurl or Mitsurugi' Stomach Impale.

Besides Melee, Calibur II is like the best fighing game. And Tekken sucks in comparison. And that Necrid scenario you were talking about is in the arcade mode. There isn't supposed to be a story. It's just randomn opponents trying to stop you from getting the Ultimate Soul Edge.

And most people who say the Weapon Master mode is annoying usualy suck at it, and don't get very far, lol. If you haven't got even half-way though, of course you won't like the game
Firstly i beat the entire game so i didn't just go halfway through and say this is annoying. Second, getting a ring out is horribly easy. I use Link (cuz im a fan ;) ) and then my bro decided to use him too (for the first time) he beat me by grabbing me. He was at very little health and i was perfect so thats something that ticks me off about the game. Sure you have guard breaks but when you're trying to attack you don't really focus on guardbreaking. There's a plot, there are character endings right? That shows that there is supposed to be some kind of plot. They just make it unclear, if they wanted it to be just random people trying to stop you from getting the sword then it would be better just to battle and have no dialogue. However, the storyline in the weapons master mode is too wierd for me to follow so there might be an ok plot to it i dunno, i never read it. Only the arcade mode which got me very confused. Lastly my bro doesn't suck, we're almost equal in like every game except Melee. (don't say I suck :psycho: )

(if i spell names wrong forgive me) Tekken is a tournament held every yr. or so that invites the strongest fighters from all over the world. Heihachi is the tournament organizer who is also the father of Katsuya. When Katsuya was young his father wanted to test him by throwing him off of a cliff to see if he would survive because he believed that this is what the lions do to their young and he should also test his son to see if he was worthy. A friend of Katsuyas, Jun, was watching this. (they met earlier that day when she lost a teddy bear) So, Heihachi threw Katsuya off of the cliff and he somehow managed to survive the impact to the ground. When he regained conciousness he realized he was going to die so he made a pact with the devil in order to live and kill his father for what he had done. He became part demon and some ammount of yrs. later was targetted for assassination from his adopted brother Lee. An assassin Nina went to kill him but he escaped and found out about the tournament and left to confront his father. Jun also got an invite to the tournament with her partner (the other Lee, forgot how to spell) They were detectives investigating the disappearence of a professor on the island the tournament would take place. At the boat they met a man named Jack who would not be let on board. He took care of Bruce as a sign that he was strong enough to enter the tournament (he didn't get an invitation). On the island many people fought because they wanted the prize money or they had some agenda against Heihachi. Lee unleashed evil mechanical dinosaurs on everybody but Katsuya punched them out. The end is a little hazy but i think Katsuya threw Heihcahi off of a cliff and the island blew up because Jack and the other Lee found an underground base that had held the professor prisioner and had him working on dinosaurs. Jack was a machine and died, Lee blew up in the explosion of the island and Katsuya and Jun left for home. After that i assume that Katsuya and Jun had a son, Jin. But i don't know for certin. Don't ask me how i know this, i'm a game_freak lol.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
im gonna have to say Marvel VS. Capcom 2. That is like my favorite fighting game, and no two players play hte same, yet there is always another combo to figure out even when you've unlocked every character (which i have to say is the best selection of fighters ever). Also, this game could've also been looked at as an anthology (like Mortal Kombat: Trilogy) but for me itt was the first fighter to actually feature 3 on 3 fighting, and the support moves were brilliant in my eyes.

btw: Tekken>Soul Blade Series NO CONTEST.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
game freak8000: Is Link your only character? If so then no wonder you think all characters are easy to master. Link is really simplistic. You could master him in less then a week. Besides there is more to this game then combos. Mindgames play a huge role. There are many elements to learn to be a SC master. Such as air control, buffering, telegraphing, wake-up game, attack cancels, what are the best attacks to use, which attacks to avoid and conditioning. If your bro beat you with just throws when he wasn't that good then thats your on fault not the games. There are several ways to stop throws. They are guardimpacting, ducking, and breaking the throw. Or you could have just played a rushdown game and attacked him relentlessly, switching between high, low and middle attacks. And also your comment about guardimpacting (You called it guardbreaking but I think you meant this instead) sounds very noobish,no offense. Any competitive SC player knows that guardimpacting plays a huge role in matches. It is the best defensive move in the game and can easily turn the tide of a battle. As for the game being too easy to master, well try mastering Ivy and see how long it takes you. Try buffering a summon suffering throw while you are getting up from the ground or after a guard impact. Thats true mastery.

Your analysis of the SC plot is false. Plain and simple. The plot is fairly developed, but still it is a fantasy and as such can be silly at times. But Tekken is no better. What at first glance appears to be a serious tournament is soon found out to be overrun with mythological beasts, demonic hybrids, resurrection, psuedo-scientifical nonsense, and possessions by the devil. I mean its a fighting game, whose main character has become one with the devil for crying out loud! How can you take a plot line like that seriously? The answer is that you can't, so its best to accept it for what it is. A silly plot designed to push the game along. And if you ever find yourself thinking this games plot should be taken seriously just remember this, "Bring it ya FRIGGIN ALIENS!!!!!" ( Paul's ending) Besides why should anyone care about the plot anyway? I don't care about fighting games plot. I play them for the fighting. If I want plot I'll play an rpg. As long as the plot of a fighting game isn't horrendous then I really don't care. Plus it sounds like your basing your view of the SC plot on the dialogue cutscenes and the endings. Well, the endings were good in that none were completely out there or ridiculous. They could all have really happened in the story line. And the quality of the cutscenes dialogue depended on who was talking to who. Obviously a cutscene between Ivy and Cervantes (daughter and father) or Xiangfua and Kilik (Best friends) is going to be more interesting then one between Talim and Necrid(Complete strangers). Besides the Tekken dialogue cutscenes weren't much better anyway and the Tekken endings in comparison to the SC endings are mostly just silly and could have no place in the story line what so ever. In Tekken 5 only 3 or 4 of the endings could really be used. The rest are just plain stupid or not really enough to advance the story. The ones that could be used are Kazuya Mishimas, Jin Kazamas, Heihachi Mishimas, and Devil Jins. That's all. Besides if you even think they could use someone else's they won't because in the Tekken series they only use the ending of someone who has the blood of a Mishima. So the rest of the endings are not to be taken seriously and should be completely disregarded.

I'm not about to break down the SC plot unless you say something in response to this post that compels me to do so. If you really want to understand the plot the just search the web for some good SC sites and they'll explain the plot in full. Believe me its a lot more detailed then your giving it credit for. Just suffice it to say that the SC series has an interesting plot and so does the Tekken series. But both are complete fantasy and you should take them very lightly.

If you want an easy fighting game to master in like 2 hours then play the Dead or Alive games. If you want to play a game with a crappy plot and truly horrible voice acting and cut scenes then play Bloody Roar 4. If you want a quality fighting game then play the Tekken series or the SC series. They were both made by namco and if its one thing namco knows how to do its make an awesome fighting game series.

Smash Lord
Ok i can definately see your points but here's the thing. I agree with what you said by stating that plots aren't really important in fighting games. Yes you're right, no one really gives a **** about the Tekken plot and it's extrememly far fetched, their endings are pretty bad too. But in the SC plot i think it would have been better not to advertise the dialogue because it sucked. At least in Tekken none of them ever speak, there is nothing in the game that indicates that there is a plot and some of the endings are kinda cool Ex. Tekken Tag Tournament; Ending for "Unknown" The thing about SC is that when they do an introduction to a battle the narator will say something stupid right before the battle starts (when you're overlooking the battlefield). What mainly i'm trying to say is the fact that all of the dialogue (even Xiangfua vs. Kilik) is horribly written. Fighting wise the game itself is ok but the dialogue, basic arcade plot, weapons master mode, endings and characters are bad. The fighting is pretty cool but using anyone is too easy.

I'm not saying i'm a competitive SC player, that's far from the truth. Link is not my only character he's just my fav. I also use Necrid, Nightmare, Sheung Mina (i think i spelled it wrong), Mitsurugi, Assassin, Sophitia and Taki. Yes i meant to say Guard Impact not guard breaking and Kazuya not Katsuya. Dead or Alive is the worst fighting game out there.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well, in Tekken 5 they actually do speak to each other before the final rounds,before the 4th round, and before the second to last rounds. Still the dialouge isn't much better either. Still , I'm glad we can see eye to eye. Yeah Dead or Alive is fun but its not to be taken seriously at all. I think pretty much all fighting game players can agree on that. I think the characters are are ok. I like Siegfried and how wants to redeem himself for killing his father and decides to gurad soul edge even though it wants to use him for its own desires. I love the SC series and the Tekken series. I can't wait until SC 3 comes out next month!!! ummmmm, yeah we kinda spammed up this thead with our little mini debate but whatever.

On topic: God of war is awesome. Shinobi is really cool too. The Metroid series is awesome too especially Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, and Echoes.

Smash Lord
Lol ya that's true despite my horendous battering of SC 2 I'm also looking forward to SC 3. I didn't realize that in Tekken 5 they speak. I haven't played Tekken 5 so I wouldn't know. Ya some of the characters are ok Lol (Taki Baywatch). You're right we posted too much.

Great games: Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Fire Emblem, Need For Speed: Underground 2, Onimusha 2, Final Fantasy X, Resi Evil 4, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Megaman Battle Network (first one), Rogue Spear.

If i state any other games i think are bad i know i'll get into another arguement so i'll just stop.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I happen to like Zone of the Enders 2. It's the best robot game I've ever played.

DemonHost

Smash Apprentice
OmegaWeapon said:
My opinion of the best game would have to be any DDR title, mainly because i've lost 20 lbs from it. Simple concept, easy to learn, really freakin hard to master. I guess thats why i like it so much. Final Fantasy 7 is also great.
Yeah, that's basicly how I feel. DDR games are awesome, I haven't lost 20 pounds from it, but I still play it quite a bit. And FF7 by far has the best storyline ever (Which is the most importent thing)

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
Here are my favs (based on hours played/ storyline)

1. Marvel VS. Capcom 2 (ive bought 3 copies in total [Xbox, Ps2 version broke, and dreamcast was too annoying to get out] and i still play it to this day)

2. Halo 2 (Most fun i ever had online, there are no "superweapons" every gun has its faults, every gun has its advantages. It's the thinking man's shooter)

3. Dead or Alive Xtreme Beachvolleyball (60 hours invested and im no where near getting all of the suits)

4. FF7 (i dont need an explanation)

5. Metal Gear Solid 3 (fav. stealth action game out0

6. KOTOR Iand II: Pretty fun, but not until u get ur lightsaber

7. Goldeneye: my only problem was the controls

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could never pick one. If I had to, it would be Super Mario World for the SNES, since I grew up playing it. However, there are many awesome games such as:
Super Metroid
Super Mario RPG
Mario 64
Zelda: Link to the Past
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: Windwaker (I assume us SSBM players are mature enough not to judge this awesome game by its "kiddie" graphics)
Street Fighter series
and of course, SSB(M). :D

fiercedeitylives88

Smash Rookie
rpg's:top 15
1.Tales of symphonia(gc)
[ if youve never played it i definitely think you should ]
i'v played alot of rpg's and this is by far my favorite.
2.Ogre battle 64
3. super mario rpg
4.lufia series(snes)
5.paper mario series
6.aidyn chronicles the first mage (n64)
7.FF7
8.dragon warrior series 1-3(nes)
9.pokemon[blue,red,yellow silver,gold,stadium1and2] (ya i said it what ya gonna do)
10.dragon warrior monsters series(great alternative to pokemon)GB
11.final fantasy tactics
12.baten kaitos(gc)
13. quest 64
14.I can't
15.think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sim/strategy: top 5
1.harvest moon series(i love the fact that i could farm and raise cattle without
any work at all.......I know, I'm lazy)
2.sim city series
3.comand and conquer series
4.lemmings (snes)
5.the sims

Fighting/side scrolliers: top 10[ besides ssb and ssbm]
1.street fighter series( for snes)
2.mortal kombat series
3.final fight(snes)
4.River City Ransom(nes) there is a reason I capitolized this game
it's probably one of the best games of all time
5.contra: hard corps(sega) and nes series
6. soul calibur 2 ( blood darkness come unto me....nightmare.....)
7.ninja gaiden series
8.spider man vs. carnage(snes)
9.killer instinct
10.battle toads and double dragon(nes)

sports:top 10
1. super dodge ball (nes) you have to find this game it
is so addicting
2.super punch out
3. wwf warzone
4.ken griffey junior major league basesball(snes)
play it love it cant live without it
5.wwf royal rumble(snes)
6.mike tyson"s punch out
7.ferrari gran prix (nes)
8.simpson's bowling (arcade)
9.gran tourisimo 3
10......cant think of any more

first person/third person shoote:top 5
1. Resident Evil (especially 4)
2.goldenye(a close second)
3.Halo (yet again a close call
4.doom ( even closer )
5.perfect dark ( this one's a nail biter folks)

action adventure: top 10

1. legend of zelda series ( I am the biggest zelda fan in my area ) could not
live a day without playing at least one zelda game
a.A link to the past
b. wind waker (most under rated zelda game)
c. Ocarina of Time
d. Majora's Mask (also under rated)
e.zelda 2 adventure of link ( another under rated zelda game)

these are my fvorite zelda games.
dont get me wrong I love and play all the zelda games
these are just the games I would like to play as i'm writing this

2.mario series
3.donkey kong series
4. kirby series
5.wizards and warriors series (nes)
6.ikari warriors 3 (nes)
7.eternal darkness(gc)
8.metal gear solid series(twin snakes baby!)
9.River City Ransom (I know I placed it again But it's a little bit
of all the genre's)
10.Act raiser series (snes)

and that would be it
kind of lengthy but
I had to catagorize my
favorites bt genres
and then some there's
just too many video
games out there to just pick
a few.

oh ya i forgot mega man,demon's crest[(snes) prequal to devil may cry],
beavis and butt head(sega),mario golf-tennis- baseball- and so on and so forth...
.............................................................the list goe for ever :)

NukeA6

Smash Master
fiercedeitylives88 said:
13. quest 64
Your kidding me, right? Oh well, I like Castlevanis: Dracula X (and everyone says it sucks) so I'll leave this alone.

fiercedeitylives88 said:
Fighting/side scrolliers: top 10[ besides ssb and ssbm]
1.street fighter series( for snes)
2.mortal kombat series
Couldn't you just post which of the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat games you like? You do know they at least got 1 or 2 got sucky games in their series?

fiercedeitylives88 said:
6.ikari warriors 3 (nes)
Ikari? Sounds familiar; didn't I see that name in King of Fighters? I'm guessing that's where Heidern, Ralf, Clark, and Leona originated.

fiercedeitylives88 said:
oh ya i forgot mega man,demon's crest[(snes) prequal to devil may cry],
beavis and butt head(sega),mario golf-tennis- baseball- and so on and so forth...
.............................................................the list goe for ever :)
Prequel to Devil May Cry is Devil May Cry 3.

Tempest 01

Smash Journeyman
OMG just three:

1. TOTALLY Skies of Arcadia. Awsome story line, battles, graphics, cool character, magic system, weapon, music... i could go on.
2. This place belongs to Tales of Symphonia, SO much replay value, is good mutliplayer since i am always Genis, and its hard to quite remember everything that happens in the game.
3. SSBM, do i need to explain?

B_Rush

Smash Rookie
RPG: Bahamut's Lagoon, Chrono Trigger, Seiken Densetsu 3, Earthbound then Paper Mario2
Adventure: Monkey Island 1 and 2, then Grim Fandango
Action: Devil May Cry 1 then Dynasty Warriors 3
Strategy: Bahamut's Lagoon(RPG /Strategy mix), X-Com 1, Warcraft 3 then Starcraft
Fighting: SSBM, Marvel v Capcom 2, Guilty Gear XX then Naruto: Narultimate Hero 2
Puzzle: Ico, Pikmin, then Tetris Attack
Racing: Mario Kart 64
Jet: Star Fox 64, then Raptor
Zelda: LoZ: Wind Waker, LoZ: Link to the Past then LoZ: OoT
Platform: Commander Keen series, Prince of Persia 2(original) then Megaman X

Overall: SSBM

ElijahTheProphet

Smash Cadet
Man am I tired of all of the Zelda newbies thinking that OOT is the best Zelda game ever. I'm not saying all people who think its the best Zelda game are newbs, but many are. If anyone hasn't noticed, OOT is just a remixed version of LTTP. If I were going to give any game a rating, I would base it off of origionality and how well it intrests and keeps the player comming back for more. (OOT was cool and its the one of the best 64 games but its only voted as a favorite because of its Awesome graphics during that time in the past) I wish the newbs would take their head out of their butts and realize there are other LOZ besides OOT. For most newbs, its the only one they've played. Take my advice if anyone is about to vote OOT as the best LOZ game, why don't you wait until you say something and play the other ones first. Only then will it be a legitimate post. Any others are just chasing the wind and irrelevant. If you got any questions on Zelda feel free to PM me

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'll just name the first 10, or I'll be here forever . . .

1) FF7 (and all FF in general). The music and the story in this game were fantastic. There are so many memorable things in this game, and the Materia magic system was the bst battle system imo. They really dropped the ball with it afterwards (esp. FF8).

2) Chrono Trigger. May be my favorite Snes title ever. I seriously think this game's funner to play than most of the games out now.

3) Metal Gear Solid. The best stealth action game ever. The most epic wokr in Hideo Kojima's MG series, and I loved the drama he brought into the game.

4) Punch-Out. A fun fast action boxing game everyone should have played. The series has to be revived.

5) Dragon Quest 4&7. GOD I loved these games. The POV system they had in DQ4 was so awesome, and the story in DQ7 was magnificent.

6) Street Fighter series. The first fighting game I've ever played, and I love it to this day. I think that Street Fighter's the reason why I love 2D games so much.

7) Pepsiman. The catchiest theme song EVER! The game play was so simplistic, but that added to the fun. the best way to describe it is: it's a running game. But it's so much more. (Try describing paperboy, and you'll get an idea how difficult it is to put the fun into words)

8) Mario Land for the GB. This might be the first game I laid my hands on. This game is just pure fun.

9) Fire Emblem. This and FF tactics (PS) are the two turn base strategy games that I've ever been able to complete. Though the story line is kinda thin, this game offered the right amount of difficulty and fun to keep me interested for God knows how long.

10) Pokemon. Not that I like it still, but because this game stole my childhood. I have never been this frenetic over anything before in my life. The concept of catching cute critters for some unexplained reason made me pull my all nighter in video games. And I was only 9 at the time. I seriously think that if it weren't for this game, I wouldn't be a gamer. And thus, I'd be doing so much better in school, but oh well.

NukeA6

Smash Master
ElijahTheProphet said:
Man am I tired of all of the Zelda newbies thinking that OOT is the best Zelda game ever. I'm not saying all people who think its the best Zelda game are newbs, but many are. If anyone hasn't noticed, OOT is just a remixed version of LTTP. If I were going to give any game a rating, I would base it off of origionality and how well it intrests and keeps the player comming back for more. (OOT was cool and its the one of the best 64 games but its only voted as a favorite because of its Awesome graphics during that time in the past) I wish the newbs would take their head out of their butts and realize there are other LOZ besides OOT. For most newbs, its the only one they've played. Take my advice if anyone is about to vote OOT as the best LOZ game, why don't you wait until you say something and play the other ones first. Only then will it be a legitimate post. Any others are just chasing the wind and irrelevant. If you got any questions on Zelda feel free to PM me
I have played every Zelda game (except the Gameboy ones and Wind Waker) and still think OoT is better than all of them. But it's nice to know that someone here knows that LttP is a classic.

I also wanna give some credit to Super Street Fighter II: Turbo.

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
I dont want to say the obvious like Ocarina or FF7 so I am going to go with this. Lunar Silver Star Story. This RPG had one of, if not, the best story in a video game. I personally did like it much more that final fantasy 7. This game is purely amazing.

Top Bottom