• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Range Charater?

nFiNiTe

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Well Im not asking who the best character is or anything, but im trying to see who is the best range character to use for long range attacks, I cant seem to win with any of the close attack chars [sonic, metaknight, ect.] so i want to ask out of these im about to list, Which seems to fit best for me

What i like [ speed, Quick, great recovery, unpredictable]

Falco, Fox, Ness, Lucas, Olimar, Link, Toon Link, Snake, Pit, Pikachu, Samus, Lucario, Diddy.

Please only respond if you are helping, i really dont need any smart talk from anything when im just looking for some good help, Thank you.

Puddin

Smash Lord
We can't tell you which character fits you the best, try every character and see which you like and how their projectiles work for you then just train with that character and get better with them, if you cant win with MetaKnight then your doin it wrong. lol.

Amide

Smash Lord
Snake and Lucario. Snake's UTilt can hit from like, across the stage. His FTilt is amazing too. Lucario just has a lot of far reaching attacks. King DeDeDe also comes to mind.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I think there may be a misunderstanding, are we talking range or projectiles? Dedede and Ike have great range with a Hammer and Sword as long, if not longer, then their bodies.

The Best Projectile award goes to Snake I suppose, with Grenades and a Controllable missile but Olimar out camps him with Pikmin, although Diddy and R.O.B. deserve an honorable mention with bananas and an infinite range laser. From your description of the kind of character you like R.O.B. sounds perfect, so give him a try and see how you like him.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You want range eh? Use Snake. I swear, his knee will reach ANYONE half way across the stage.

On a serious note, try using Falco. Laser=fun.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Best range... I'd have to say either Ivysaur or Olimar. Olimar is, overall, more useful, though.

EggZavier

Smash Rookie
Being snake will just annoy people. toon link or pikachu

Toonlink: Boomerang.arrows.bombs. good recovery. kinda predictable. quick

Pikachu:Thunder:Thunder bolt: good recovery( if used properly) kinda predictable.Quick

acv

Smash Journeyman
snake.he has a cheesy knee that doesnt have to touch you to hit you.

DSP

Smash Apprentice
If you want versatility and success, go with Toon Link, Link's spam game is really ungratifying.
If you want free wins, go with Snake.
If you want to develop your own play style, get out of here for now and find which character suits you best witjout the help of strangers.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu. Has a ranged game, is quick, and has a VERY good recovery.

And a character is only as unpredictable as you make them.

juki

Smash Cadet
To be honest i would say Toon Link, but being Pikachus lover I have to mention him aswell...

Top Bottom