• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best pit?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
And of course Sagemoon comes in and describes what I said in a much, MUCH more coherent way. ^_^

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Lol yeah i didnt see your post until after i posted. Good to see we are on the same page (i edited that post before your reply btw lol)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Masashi is one of the greats. Thing is he's all technical. And even saying that I don't feel he puts his technical game to good use.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You posted a lot real quickly.
Anyways, I say that I'm better at online play, but rarely had much offline opponents, which was my downfall. Though I can use my strats offline too, but I perform them better in online play, without lag of course. In fact, Online play along with some nice vids made me the great Pit player I am today.
Im surprised that i see a good Pit player who uses the Red one.

crownvick

Smash Apprentice
(baltimore) Ok Nobody Move And Nobody Gets Hurt U
Is It safe to post lol

Online play lags to much point blank lol?

Back to the users post. I couldn;t show u arrow looping because I tend not to do it. Its better if u trick the guy with a regular arrow. Why dont u go on the video thread and look for pits vids. ^_^

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
being good online = being good in frieindlies. that's my opinion =D.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
friendlies don't have varying degrees of lag at all times.
I hear they are adding that feature to the next smash game to make it more fun for everyone.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Online really is just a completely different game. You can be good online and offline but you simply have to play completely different for online and generally thats just annoying to do.

For the best pit its too early to really tell but the tournament ranking thread can give you a decent idea of how everyones doing in their respective regions although some regions are probably easier then others (like mine is probably one of the easier ones for example) .

Eggz

Smash Hero
Has any pit other than Sagemoon beaten anyone reputable under conditions that can actually be counted as a tournament? Any pit other than sagemoon done well on a regional scale?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I enjoyed the videos of masashi. They taught me some spacing tools to use.
thanks for the videos!

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hmm Masashi has a really heavy arrow style, especially against aniki and ikki. I sorta felt bad for wario, when he was getting spammed.

And no i wasnt claiming to be the best earlier. I dont think im the best pit player, i dont play this game seriously enough. Nore do i practice or play enough to become the best. I was just surprised to hear someone call kown one of the top pit players here. Just the way he was playing against me. But im pretty sure no one like pit on pit mirror matches.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hmm online play tends to favor heavy characters in my opinion because the lag enables people to land heavier hits more easily then with no lag... oh and kown i didnt mean any offense by placing you last of the top 4, its just ive seen the others posting and finding alot more stuff on here, so i jsut assumed they were better, sorry haha kinda started a 2 page post fest

kown

Smash Lord
hmm online play tends to favor heavy characters in my opinion because the lag enables people to land heavier hits more easily then with no lag... oh and kown i didnt mean any offense by placing you last of the top 4, its just ive seen the others posting and finding alot more stuff on here, so i jsut assumed they were better, sorry haha kinda started a 2 page post fest
yea lol its all good

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Has any pit other than Sagemoon beaten anyone reputable under conditions that can actually be counted as a tournament? Any pit other than sagemoon done well on a regional scale?
I haven't gotten out to many tournaments yet. Everything I've been to involved friendly confrontations. I don't know how I should describe my loss to Chillindude, the only person of any real merit that's beaten me. He was Snake, I was Pit. To me the matches seemed very close, but you'd have to get his opinion as he's the person who won.

Anyway he's the only person I've gotten to fight so far in a tournament setting. My schedule the way it is hasn't allowed me to actually make it to any tournaments as of late.

crownvick

Smash Apprentice
(baltimore) Ok Nobody Move And Nobody Gets Hurt U
I haven't gotten out to many tournaments yet. Everything I've been to involved friendly confrontations. I don't know how I should describe my loss to Chillindude, the only person of any real merit that's beaten me. He was Snake, I was Pit. To me the matches seemed very close, but you'd have to get his opinion as he's the person who won.

Anyway he's the only person I've gotten to fight so far in a tournament setting. My schedule the way it is hasn't allowed me to actually make it to any tournaments as of late.

I also Have problems with snake vs pit matches. Has any 1 played a guy named empire. He has a really good snake. Anyway I cant seem to beat good snakes with pit that well. Any one have any strategies.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Oh, I have no problem fighting Snakes. Chillindude on the other hand is just a great Brawler. Of course that's to be expected of one of the East Coasts best. After all, the East Coast is the best region...

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea, shield grab snake dashing, use angel ring to counter Usmash edge hogging, and use chain grabbing. Snake isn't too bad. Don't forget to grab his cypher by forcing him to make that mistake

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
i beat two ranked socal players in tournament in the past 2 weeks >.>. i also don't think i'm better than them so... iono.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
This forum seems to have a couple regulars...hm...

In any case I would like to see some Pits accomplishing something in tournament. You will not have credibility otherwise.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well, no credibility to the regular Smashers. Those who study the game as a whole certainly will. Of course those are exceedingly rare. But I do digress, the summer tournaments have yet to begin. Things'll pick up for Pit soon enough I'm sure.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I thought you were gonna quit pit as stated in your last thread XD.

I've accomplished something in tournaments.... In summer i'll try and travel to bigger out of state smash tournaments.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I thought you were gonna quit pit as stated in your last thread XD.

I've accomplished something in tournaments.... In summer i'll try and travel to bigger out of state smash tournaments.
Oh? I wasn't aware that anything in my previous post pointed toward the contrary.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Play Azen's Pit, easily the best Pit ever, but he more or less is the best everything in this game so perhaps we could rule him out? jk Pits one of his mains

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah and I'm going to ask to play him next time I see him. I'd like to see how he picks apart my individually evolved mindgames. Unfortunately I may no longer be very good with Pit by that time rolls around. ^_^

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I've done well in some atlantic south tournaments. No wins but a couple top 3 finishes.

Theres a couple bigger ones coming up over the summer hoping to represent pit in those.

Top Bottom