• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Peach players to study in vids

Composeur

Smash Ace
Hey all! First post. Woo!

So there was a thread not too unlike this one a few weeks ago asking about people's favorite Peach players to watch, but that thread seems to be gone and my question is slightly different, anyway. Basically, I'm trying to study the best players that I can and I'm having problems finding more videos that are somewhat recent (I don't want to go back too far--more than a year, maybe--because Smash technique has improved so much).

I'm not necessarily talking about the most famous peach players, because I've found some videos in the last few days that have people I've never heard of that look amazing to me.

Some of the highest-tier playing I've found has been from:

Mikael: In many ways, the model player. A minimalist Peach player, whose patience and ability to read players well and not spam moves hides his technical skill.

Cort: Uses not just the full range of Smash techniques but also nearly the full spectrum of Peach's moves. Except Toad. ;) Probably the most aggressive (and best) edgeguarder I've ever seen. AND he can beat PC Chris consistently ^_^ Plus, he's the most helpful/friendliest pro on the whole site. lucky for us Peaches. More vids, Cort!

Doll & Roche: Only a few vids of them exist, but their playstyle seems in the vein of Cort's to me. I would to see more vids of them, but I don't know if they even still play, for that matter.

Coza: I don't know if he/she gets the credit he deserves. Creative (though possibly excessive) use of the up-smash.

Kei: Interesting use of turnips. His Japanese playstyle is less conservative (more hyper) than Mikael's, but I don't think he's quite as good a player.

Vidjo: Former prince of Peach (hah), recent years seem to have seen his decline. Whenever I watch his most recent vids, he doesn't seem to be quite on the level of the other players here. I think I understand that he gets very nervous, though, and is no longer as serious as he used to be?

These are the ones I can think of that define today's top-notch Peach playing, at least that playing that's been recorded and put online. Others (Dark.pch, Azen, Wife, Mike G., XIF, et al) are excellent players, far better than I am, certainly, but don't seem quite as polished.

Anyway, does anyone know who else I might watch in vids that plays at that level? Thanks!

Composeur

Smash Ace
Armada!

Armada was a great suggestion--thanks! His playing reminds me of Vidjo's, but buffed and with wavedashing.

In the vids online, HugS actually ***** Light. >_< Well, it was close in the second one, but not the first.

Edreese (Edrees?) actually seemed to be about even with HugS, so I guess he's pretty good, too, though I'd never heard of him.

Any other suggestions?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Armada was a great suggestion--thanks! His playing reminds me of Vidjo's, but buffed and with wavedashing.

In the vids online, HugS actually ***** Light. >_< Well, it was close in the second one, but not the first.

Edreese (Edrees?) actually seemed to be about even with HugS, so I guess he's pretty good, too, though I'd never heard of him.

Any other suggestions?
Me, Cause I am the awsome ;)

Ha ha ha, just kidding. Look up Mike G. the dude *****. Too good and my idol. Same he does not play anymore.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I actually like Vidjo's style the best, even though everyone's saying he's old news. Maybe watch some of his vids from about a year ago. Old does not always = bad. (well it can, but still...-_-)

I'm not saying he's technically the best, but that I think his style is the best.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol mr. J, you and light are even in dittos, but overall skill level, light is beyond you, no offense or anything
Agreed.

Anyways light is too good. He beat many top players in pools at SCC and eventually took 17th at SCC.

He still isn't well known, but is rising on the Arizona power rankings (currently at 5th under Omar, Wobbles, Forward, and Taj.

EDIT: Unfortunately, he doesn't have many current vids of him I don't think, only old ones.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
yeah no real current ones, some friendlies and a free RR at the STB's place. but at SCC Light beat LuninSpectra 2-0 in brackets and took a match from Azen's fox 1-2, then 2-0 chillin in 2nd pools also Isai 2-0'd in 2nd pools too. has beaten Gimpyfish at the arizona tourney he came to, beat ROFL at AZone, also some other great names too but i just cant name them all off the top of my head.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
you know, Im starting to get tired of seeing my name pop up on these peach threads....

have you guys forgot about KrazyJones or is he too old school for you younguns? =]

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I dunno mike, maybe if you werent so awesome, you wouldnt have this problem.

I mean, i dont see your name poppin up on the roy threads right now! XD

... /me runs

Mr P

Smash Ace
My biggest influence was definately Mikael, but i also liked Mike G because of his speed and fluidity of movement. Soon after that i discovered Krazyjones who was/is a very very good player, for me he had a very smooth peach and utilized most of her moves well. I like watching Ryoko because he has a very unique style and always does random stuff, i like watching vidjo because i have no idea how he lands all those f-airs. And of course recently i have been watching the videos of Corts Peach and he is very impressive, reminds me a bit of krazyjones. I think all of these players have influenced my game in some way

Goop

Smash Journeyman
yeah no real current ones, some friendlies and a free RR at the STB's place. but at SCC Light beat LuninSpectra 2-0 in brackets and took a match from Azen's fox 1-2, then 2-0 chillin in 2nd pools also Isai 2-0'd in 2nd pools too. has beaten Gimpyfish at the arizona tourney he came to, beat ROFL at AZone, also some other great names too but i just cant name them all off the top of my head.
Yeah believe it or not Light has even beat me on occasion.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Of course everyone already mentioned so I won't bother saying them again.
Also look into Smiles, I don't know if his stuff is on YouTube but he definately has stuff on google video so look there
Xelic is awesome don't know if he has videos...
I hear lots of good things about Mikey Lenetia too
Was Ikki already said?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Smiles is a scrub, lolz

and i stole everything you need to know from xelic, duhhhhh

K1T3

Smash Lord
Smiles is a scrub, lolz

and i stole everything you need to know from xelic, duhhhhh
Lol
I havn't played you really so I have no idea how good you are.
Xelic stole a lot of his stuff from Smiles, who is still good. He(smiles) plays differently and it's good for people to see different styles of peach.

Top Bottom