• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Of Michigan Brawl 2!!! 03-13-10

D

Deleted member

$20 per person for doubles?

I don't know if I want to any more lol.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Atm, my initial ride looks like it may not happen. So I'm going to explore other options. As a last resort, if I were to bus out to AA, on Friday night, would someone house me and take me to the tourney? lol I'll chip in for gas money n_n/

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
Atm, my initial ride looks like it may not happen. So I'm going to explore other options. As a last resort, if I were to bus out to AA, on Friday night, would someone house me and take me to the tourney? lol I'll chip in for gas money n_n/
i can pick you up on the day of the tourney at like 9 am, all you'll have to do is chip in for gas money.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
1 week HYPE!

Derk u should post this link on the Big Mi Thread so people will remember

Anther

Smash Champion
Why would I miss a tourney?!?

I think there are some serious timing issues with the tournament though... and I've never seen one end before 10pm unless there were lots of setups...

Boxxy

Smash Lord
I am going to take a wild guess and say that Anther isnt going to be going to this either?
cause hes scared i'll take him to game 3

also to elaborate on what anther said, you're going to need a lot of set ups or like make sure only brackets is going on and no friendlies if you want to get this done by 10pm

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
Great, now that i know anther is coming im gonna need to bring some extra cash for a money match. this being my first non-online tourney, it'll be nice to play against someone as pro as him

Anther

Smash Champion
Teehee >B.

Bring it Boxxy >=o!!! I'll show you game three. lol

---
Brawl singles at minimum with a 16-32 man bracket, assuming ONLY 22 minutes per round of the tournament (which is somewhat accounting for counterpicks and people meandering a little bit... but.... ), meaning you need at least 12 setups for the first round to take under an hour, means that every round after that will take at ""minimum"" just over 4 hours at peak efficiency...
so .. I say brawl singles with no pools should have at least 6-7 hours reserved or prepared for just for safesieness. But that's just assuming the tournout's biggish.
That first round is a killer. I really like to see pools though ;;.

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman

I think there are some serious timing issues with the tournament though... and I've never seen one end before 10pm unless there were lots of setups...
Does Anther have a melee teamate?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I can't come. :( I have work 9-3 this Saturday and I already took last Thursday off. If a MI tourney comes up soon, I'll let the workplace know a month in advance.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I might come to singles...I work that day though, so I wont be able to get there till like...2 at the earliest :/

Gawd

Smash Rookie
Alpena \(O_o)/
whoa thats up there lol, hope you guys think this tourney will be worth the drive and will want to come to more after this one
Ya lol, But we want to play with better people. Can't get better unless I play against better people. ;) I hope that my partner can go if not I'll probably only be able to do singles.

Can't wait to meet all you guys. It'll be great to make more friends who play brawl.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Anther. If at all possible, try to bring setups so this tourney can be run as smoothly as possible, as well as make room for friendlies/MM. I myself am bringing on and I'll try to get infinite replays before Sat. I have a Doubles partner for now, but if anything falls through, I'll be looking for another

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
With all this talk of getting done by 10PM i decided to write this small rant lol

How to finish a Michigan Brawl Tourney by 10 PM so you don't need to do your Grand Finals out the back of a car.

by: Ori_bro~​

"I have a dream that one day this state will rise up in the Midwest and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: "That all MI tourneys can be finished by 10 or 11PM."." I have held 3 great tourneys in these since Brawl's US Launch back 2 years ago tomorrow. Through those 2 years I have noticed patterns (mostly done by MI smashers) since becoming a top TO in Michigan. Those patterns include . . .
1. Arriving at 12:30, when TO says for people to get there at 11.​
2. Taking a 3 minute smoke break, and coming back 30 minutes later.​
3. Taking a smoke almost after every set.​
4. Lack of setups/initiative to bring setups.​

This my fellow Michigan Smashers is what i propose.
1. If you are going to be late, call the TO(s) and tell them your situation and that you in fact will be showing up and will pay the second you arrive :mad:
2. When you tell the TO "I'll be back in 3 minutes imma go smoke." you better get your *** back inside in 3 minutes. 30 minutes for one cigarette is absurd, c'mon show respect for the TO and do what you said you will do.​
3. Don't smoke after every set people (Lain :mad:) im sure you can live with out putting **** in your lungs/body for more than 30 **** minutes.​
4. Gentlemen this is the true thorn in our paws. In this terrible economy why would you, as a poor college student, not wanna save $5? Boxxy bought a 25 inch tv at the Salvation Army for like $23. Most MI players are way to lazy when it comes to bringing setups. They believe everyone else should bring a setup and thats it, they complain about not having enough yet they don't bring one themselves? There are people who always bring setups (Me, Ham, Boxxy, Iris, Dogma/JCav, Goddy etc.) just don't rely on them guys. Step up.​

This is just my input for getting us done and out by 10 or 11PM

discuss? :dizzy:

for you "tl;dr" just read it :psycho:

earthadept

Smash Lord
there is one on Orchard Lake and Commerce in West Bloomfield right across the street from Gio but idk where ur jungle
It's true, I bought a perfect TV for smash for $5 there. My bro bought a TV + N64 + smash 64 + 2 beast 64 controllers for $10. It *****

King of Boos

Smash Rookie

Fffff I wouldnt mind gettin some games in against you again. Even with the in game sandbagging lol

I might be able to bring a setup. Dont think I have a legit tv for the wiring tho.

BigDaddy4

Smash Journeyman
With all this talk of getting done by 10PM i decided to write this small rant lol

How to finish a Michigan Brawl Tourney by 10 PM so you don't need to do your Grand Finals out the back of a car.

by: Ori_bro~​

"I have a dream that one day this state will rise up in the Midwest and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: "That all MI tourneys can be finished by 10 or 11PM."." I have held 3 great tourneys in these since Brawl's US Launch back 2 years ago tomorrow. Through those 2 years I have noticed patterns (mostly done by MI smashers) since becoming a top TO in Michigan. Those patterns include . . .
1. Arriving at 12:30, when TO says for people to get there at 11.​
2. Taking a 3 minute smoke break, and coming back 30 minutes later.​
3. Taking a smoke almost after every set.​
4. Lack of setups/initiative to bring setups.​

This my fellow Michigan Smashers is what i propose.
1. If you are going to be late, call the TO(s) and tell them your situation and that you in fact will be showing up and will pay the second you arrive :mad:
2. When you tell the TO "I'll be back in 3 minutes imma go smoke." you better get your *** back inside in 3 minutes. 30 minutes for one cigarette is absurd, c'mon show respect for the TO and do what you said you will do.​
3. Don't smoke after every set people (Lain :mad:) im sure you can live with out putting **** in your lungs/body for more than 30 **** minutes.​
4. Gentlemen this is the true thorn in our paws. In this terrible economy why would you, as a poor college student, not wanna save $5? Boxxy bought a 25 inch tv at the Salvation Army for like $23. Most MI players are way to lazy when it comes to bringing setups. They believe everyone else should bring a setup and thats it, they complain about not having enough yet they don't bring one themselves? There are people who always bring setups (Me, Ham, Boxxy, Iris, Dogma/JCav, Goddy etc.) just don't rely on them guys. Step up.​

This is just my input for getting us done and out by 10 or 11PM

discuss? :dizzy:

for you "tl;dr" just read it :psycho:

i dont trust people enough to bring a wii and tv without fear of getting it stolen, and thats not gonna change anytime soon.

Top Bottom