• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-Best of 2007- San Bernardino, Socal 12/29 RESULTS

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
This tournament was really fun, even though I got my *** handed to me. Anyways, shout-outs:

Khepri- I thought I would have actually had a chance against you in the tournament after playing some friendlies with you, but then you crushed me when we met in brackets. Great Falcon.
Azn_Lep- Thanks for the ICs tips. It was fun watching your matches, too, although I only got to play you once.
Kamina- I think it was you whom I played a lot friendlies with. That G&W nair edgeguard is scary.
Rickety- Your Sheik is great. It's also really different than most other Sheiks I've played.
Lucky- Wow, just when I thought I had a decent grasp on the ICs-Fox match-up, you come along and demolish everything that I thought worked on Fox. At least I didn't lose too horribly on Dreamland, although your hands were probably cold or something then.

I'm definitely forgetting a lot of people right now, so I'll probably do more later.

Charoo

Smash Champion
haha jtb, our team was suppose to be "we used to be cool". I guess it was my english skills that mess u up or something.

Tails is pretty good at this game

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what? khepri vs azn lep? i'm disappointed :'C

is there a reason?

anyway, socal is really good, wow. nice results.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
That's quite funny, because he wasn't playing his best at best of 2006 when I beat him :O

REL

Smash Apprentice
This was by far the worst I've ever done at a tournament. But I also had so much fun it was totally worth it.

Khepri - I looked at brackets and saw I was fighting you first and thought... That sucks. Your falcon is awesome, you're a super nice guy, and we played so many friendlies. Sucks you're going back to Illinois, but I'm sure you will be missed out here in SoCal. We're still even 2-2 on Zelda vs. Falcon by the way. :)

Futile - You're good. I thought my Zelda could beat your Falcon. I was so wrong. Good stuff. Your win was no fluke.

Edrees - Ha! Zelda supremacy is mine! Those dittos were my favorite matches of the day and it'd be an honor to have some more. Use that new taunt and remember that your peach is pro.

Champ - You are absolutely hilarious. Our conversations during friendlies were so ridiculous. You're a really fun guy, and it'd be cool to hang some time.

Festizzio - You have a sick Pikachu. I'm sure you could've beaten all my high tiers.

Dodger - Nice warming up with you. I've always wanted to play your Kirby.

JTB - Thanks for running this thing. This was a super fun tourney.

Everyone else I played. It was a lot of fun in both singles and doubles. Peach sucks. I'm a Zelda main now.

P.S. My brother enjoyed all the Guitar Hero action. Claire was the only one to see him beat Through Fire and Flames on Expert and he thought that was funny. I thought it was fun to see DSF, SNPR, St. Pat, and Evil Nemesis all comparing notes on GH.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Just put in the link to the tia page on the first post, so go check it out.

khepri

Smash Lord
We should nes and everyone, though next time I come by will probably in the summer, so chances are we'll be playing brawl by then.

Lucky, Mike, and Mango, it was nice hanging out with you guys while I was here. Thanks for all the great practice.

Azn Lep - your ic's are beastly, hopefully we'll play on a day when we both play well.

Fly Amanita - I didn't expect to do well against your ic's, it just happened. I like your style.

Rel and Manny - I had a lot of fun playing against you two. Rel your zelda is pretty **** good and I especially liked the way you use din's fire. We will settle our falcon vs zelda matchup.

St. Patrick - I thought we were going to third match, but you got stuck on rc. I want to play more next time we meet up.

Bone - I always enjoy my matches against your peach, though I think we've only actually finished one, it's still fun.

Rickety - I need to work on my matchup against marth, you keep destroying me. Hopefully I will for the next time I see you.

Goodbye Socal! I hope to see you at Pound 3!

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Even though I did pretty bad at this tournament :( I still had a lot of fun since me, mango, Zhu, Azn_Lep, Haze, and others got to hang out after the tournament sleeping over at Rages and the next day playing Mario Party and Smash.

Shoutouts:

Festizzio - Your got better :) But aside from that nice teaming with you even though we didn't do so well, and thanks a lot for the ride, really appreciate it.

Mangooooooooooooooooo- Good puff there, but in all honesty in singles your campy falco is much more fun to watch. Oh yeah and we own in doubles with that up-tilt passing combo. If anyone asks we invented it. And lastly your one of my favorite smashers and not because your soo good at this game.

Zhu - LOL I SAVED YOUR ***. Jk but really your lucky I decided to goto Rages cuz you probably would've still been here now if it wasn't for me. Your a really cool/nice guy to hang out with and you **** at smash, I love your Falco/Fox, they're soo technical and fun to watch.

Martha The Haze: Good stuff mike way to get *****. JK Mike your too cool let me chill at your house one day you always have famous smashers there(Yes I'm using you to get better :) ).

Nes- Learn to wake up.

J666- Nice beating/doing really well against sheiks in tournament I know it is probally really hard for Link to beat Sheik. Oh yeah and find me a Sheik plussie too.

Larry: Thanks for the Sheik help(Again), and talking with you like I always do, and too bad you SD'd too much against Luigi and in the Crew battles( Forward B/Forward Smash King? JK )

Fly Leef: Lol your Jiggs was looking pretty good even though you didn't enter in singles, hope I can play you, Richard and Larry more before brawl.

Joey: Play me in pokemon lol we need to find Wifi lol. Also, your fox got a lot better even though I beat it in friendlies lol.

Rage- Thanks for housing us after the tournament, you still have a really **** samus, and it was nice hanging out with CSLY and Daniel again.

Atlus: LOL, man your **** talk ***** Call Of Duty.

Jake The Beezy - First of all there is no spaces in my name it's one word. Second, that although small was a really well run tournament, it ended so early and from what I heard from Zhu ***** the **** out of Norcal tournaments.

Khepri - I barely saw you but from what I could tell your falcon was **** and you seemed like a really cool guy.

Connor The Kid: Your too good, show up to more tournies.

Bone: Good stuff in singles and doubles, I'm sorry I'm campy against your peach.

Edrees - Good stuff playing you in teams, I can't seem to get around your peach.

St Patrick - I always play you in friendlies lol, your Ganon is too good, St. P for the rankings.

Rickety- You may not remember me I'm the Sheik you played in friendlies. Your pretty good, and one of the nicest smashers I've ever met, no joke.

The rest of SD that I missed- you guys are too cool/good too play with.

Palmdale: Where were you?

Random Arizona guy: Forget your name but you seem cool to hang out with.

And last but not least Gimpyfish62, wished you could've been there Roundtable misses you, your too fun to hang out with, and PS when you land on the Bowser spot in Mario Party and Bowser Jr. comes instead of Bowser you always get *****.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Mango - GJ getting first with Falco. I went in first in the crew battle so I could get more practice against you haha

Lucky for moving up big time in the rankings.

khepri - You're too good at this game, I'm glad I met you on that Norcal trip. It's pretty unlikely that I'll make it to Pound 3 to be honest, but I'll try to figure out a way.

Zhu - Hope you enjoyed your trip, even though there wasn't a big turnout. It was fun smashing w/ you at Haze's and everything.

Azn Lep - Wobbles doesn't even bother me that much, because even if it was banned I'd still get chaingrabbed to death. Either way, good matches. That's the first time I've played against ICs in a tournament bracket and I did better than I thought I would.

Bone - Ugh, I never get to play SD in tourney (other than azn lep) but the friendlies were fun. Your peach is weird. Haha, sorry GH3 was pissing you off, I like that game.

Futile - Oh, nvm, wrong person. Thought you were JTB =P

Blitz - I'm not even that sad that I lost to you, our matches were really fun. I'll get you next time for sure.

Rickety - We should play friendlies. Sheik dittos plz =)

JTB - Good **** beating Bone, that was impressive.

Kira - Isn't that good now, calm down. But bloodofthefallen's got nothing on me =P

6th Sense - lol I didn't know you were there, I don't know what you look like or anything. I've always wanted to play you but you never showed up to any tourneys and the one time you did I didn't even know. Go to S&C this week.

J666 - Your Link looks like it knows what it's doing lol

Boss - Eh, don't worry about it, everyone has their off days, that tourney just wasn't for us.

Mike Haze - The breakfast burrito was pretty good. Your puns are horrible but Forward Air and the random team names were aright. Nothing is hard.

Araknophobik - I think I have to take like 8 shots of 151 now? According to the bet

Nes - Crew battle MVP

Sniper - GGs, it's scary playing against technical Foxes. That Falco vs Marth friendly was bull**** lol

REL - Let me play your peach next time. I'm scared of downsmash, I'm pretty sure you'll do better with her.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Shoutouts and replies!

Nes is too good! Actually, all of 8-bit is amazing!
I didn't know SD vs Round Table was part of a crew tournament, they said it was for pride! We still would have gotten our butts kicked, but it would have been nice to play other crews :]

st patricks cockiness is rubbing off on you i see
What? :-/

Rickety- Your Sheik is great. It's also really different than most other Sheiks I've played.
Aw, thanks! :]
In the words of the Great and ever-cute Zack353, "Advanced Techniques are for noobs." :-P

Rickety - I need to work on my matchup against marth, you keep destroying me. Hopefully I will for the next time I see you.

Goodbye Socal! I hope to see you at Pound 3!
Khepri, lets keep in touch! You are way too nice and cool :]
Do you have a myspace or something? :] :] :]

Rickety- You may not remember me I'm the Sheik you played in friendlies. Your pretty good, and one of the nicest smashers I've ever met, no joke.
Aw, thank you! Everyone is so nice in the smash community :]

Rickety - We should play friendlies. Sheik dittos plz =)
Eep! We did play friendlies! Marth vs Sheik! Your Sheik would eat me up, even with the light-blue color you gave me! It's really fun getting to talk to you, though :]

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Wow this Khepri guy, I 3 stock him last week and he 4 stocks me here RAAAAPE!

Seriously though no johns, I haven't lost to a Falcon in as long as I can remember/ Hopefully we'll be able to play some other time and have a good set.

EDIT: Blitz is good at this game now

araknophobik

Smash Master
the last time i did this bad was best of 06
i do not plan on attending best of 08 now

on the real, i got *****. fun tournament i just wasn't diggin it so i left early so sorry if i didn't friendly or MM you

6th Sense

Smash Lord
6th Sense - lol I didn't know you were there, I don't know what you look like or anything. I've always wanted to play you but you never showed up to any tourneys and the one time you did I didn't even know. Go to S&C this week.
If you look at the homepage on Getyourtournament I'm the cool guy with the hoodie standing behind Lucky:chuckle:

I'll most likely go to S&C. We can play there.

Top Bottom