• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Meteor Smash

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
First off, is it just me and my brother or does anyone else say "You just got Ken-ed!" when you do a meteor smash? I know its not terminologically correct.

Next, I'd like to ask what you think is the best meteor smash, and which ones you use.

I'd say the best one is Mario's personally i believe its easy to pull of and i don't use Mario, the one time I did i preformed one and it was quite simple the oddness of being an attack from the side, a meteor smash instead of the top (sorry bad english I'm not sure how to fix it). This makes the attack odd for opponents. Also the smash is easy to recover from.

A Tie for first might be, and you guessed it, Marth's meteor without the usual downwards movement it provides excellent timing. most (if not all) of my Marth skills in brawl come from Roy ...sigh... but as Marth if I am to grab an opponent at the side at 0% and preform a reverse throw, then I am able to instantly Ken him into death. If you are unable to picture this Marth does his reverse throw and meteor smashes with a short jump, killing his opponent.

Now on the subject of the ones I use are Toon Link's meteor smash, and Ike's Aether and Dair (If I'm using the term correct)

Toon Link's I use like Marth's and sometimes if i run out to meteor smash my opponent I may miss resulting in death

Ike's Aether I use to kill opponents in midair and revenge on Kirbyciders, I also use his Dair like a plain meteor smash on top of an enemy.

Sorry, for the extended typing, Please respond!:chuckle:

EDIT:

By the looks of it Gannon is the winner :) well I don't know but I think his meteor is a tad bit suicidal, then again I don't use Gannon, not at all.

Also on the funniest one this may/may not be a meteor but instead of Snakes box I'd chose Gannon's Gannoncide, Every time I do it I say "You Just Got Mac Daddied!"
Off of the South Park Baseball Episode

EDIT:

For those who are confused I mean the BEST so I'm not so sure about Luigi's

Adapt

Smash Lord
1 - there are many of these topics.
2 - Ganondorf's dair is by far the strongest meteor smash/spike (w/e you want to call it)
3 - If by best you mean easier to land... Ike, Diddy, Olimar, Ganon, Falco and Samus (dairs) are prolly the easiest.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
meteors don't necessarily have to be dairs.

DK and snake for example have spiking forward airs.

buuut ganon's would have to be the best personally.
i mean, it's ganon. :/

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Interesting. I hit a Ken combo just yesterday in Melee.

Best meteor is the one that no one knows about... Sonic's upsmash.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well I guess that a few things make a meteor attack. Order does not indicate importance, since that is really difficult to determine.

Startup Lag
Hitbox Size (meteor sweetspot size only if applicable)
Hitstun
Knockback
Risk (Toon Links is definitely the MOST risky)

Not really sure who has the best based on my criteria though.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
Well i Forgot about snakes box meteor smash that one is the coolest mabye bot the best or the easiest but defiantly the coolest

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i'd go for falco's or samus' just coz they have the most utility onstage as well and they're both pretty safe moves.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Well i Forgot about snakes box meteor smash that one is the coolest mabye bot the best or the easiest but defiantly the coolest
This isn't actually a meteor either it's more like a semi-spike... it hits downwards at a severe angle but it's not vertical. Same with Wario's bike and Marth's dancing blade (3rd hit green)

And as for coolest, it's clearly Weegee's Down Taunt (which also happens to be the strongest spike at 0%, even stronger than Ganon or Ness) :)

PS:
If you can't tell I have been doing a lot of testing of spikes lately, but I am not finished so I'm not quite ready to post the data

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
*Ahem* Ganondorf's stomp brings da thunda! (or as I call it, "Das Boot" :laugh: )

I know a guy who pulls off Samus's D-Air with so much grace it's unbelievable.

I love stage spiking people with Zero-Samus's Down-B though lol.

I also give props to Ness as well. :)

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Luigi D-taunt.

Easiest meteor in the game? no.

Strongest meteor in the game? YES. (it kills you at 0%, and you can't do anything about it)

But thats irrelevant.
Best meteor in the game? yes, you just got spiked by a plumber.

DetLuigi

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf's Meteor is my personal favorite...you just rip away every thought of recovery and reproduction from your opponent. I love Luigi's meteor too just because it has same effect as Ganon's it's just harder to hit lol

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
Ganon's has got to be the best based on sheer power and ease of use, it kills anything with more then 10% and puts all other spikes to shame, it is broke compared to others, falcos is pretty good to i think, strong and easy to use especially with his chain grab

Mith_

Smash Champion
Phantasms (Fox & Falco) can meteor smash. However, they shouldn't be relied on since the opponent can recover from them easily and it doesn't become unrecoverable until very high percents (where a normal smash attack would kill) and doesn't kill until 190%+

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Got to say Ike's Dtilt. No Risk at all and works pretty well. Ness's Dair is very good.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Phantasms (Fox & Falco) can meteor smash. However, they shouldn't be relied on since the opponent can recover from them easily and it doesn't become unrecoverable until very high percents (where a normal smash attack would kill) and doesn't kill until 190%+
Fox's phantasm does not spike, however if you sweetspot wolf's it can spike, and i think it's stronger than falco's phantasm's spike, but I'm not all that sure.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
Fox's phantasm does not spike, however if you sweetspot wolf's it can spike, and i think it's stronger than falco's phantasm's spike, but I'm not all that sure.
Wolf's is actualy alot stronger than Falco's. The only thing is that its knockback is inconsistent. It has a tendancy to knock them forwards and backawrds. But i think it just depends on where you sweetspot it.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Falco's is nice and quick. Works well at high percents. Can be done out of a chain throw. Can 0-death some of the cast (I think).

Gannon's is pure power.

Ness's works really well. I like to combo it with a bthrow.

Donkey Kong's is good. Also like to use with a bthrow.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
I love falco's dair and I've loved it since melee. It is my favorite meteor. I also like Zelda's sweetspoted dair... but yeah... I play Zelda so...

Adapt

Smash Lord
Ganondorfs is really strong.

Falco has a very fast one.

Wolfs is probably one of the worst.
Agreed... annoying as hell to hit with and fairly weak

Luigi D-taunt.

Easiest meteor in the game? no.

Strongest meteor in the game? YES. (it kills you at 0%, and you can't do anything about it)

But thats irrelevant.
Best meteor in the game? yes, you just got spiked by a plumber.
Correction: Strongest until 38%, then Ganon's overtakes it

Wolf's is actualy alot stronger than Falco's. The only thing is that its knockback is inconsistent. It has a tendancy to knock them forwards and backawrds. But i think it just depends on where you sweetspot it.
Yep, the spike is a lot stronger and there is 3 sweetspot areas. (back, spike, and forwards)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Ness' is the best at low percents. At higher percents Ganon's takes it.

http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=7874&page=1
For the record, that's a really inaccurate list. It assumes first that knockback can't change drastically based on percent, and that it isn't calculated post-attack. It also leaves out a lot of spikes and spike hitboxes. Ganon's spike reaches really useful KO %s faster than Nesses, and that list doesn't show that tendency.

Adapt and I (mostly Adapt) have been working on a better and more complete list. We'll have to post it when we're done.

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
i find it hard to imagine that ness's is that much stronger then Ganon's. its hard to imagine anything is that strong. course i dont have much experience with ness but i have plenty of experience with ganon and a good ol back throw to dair is a 0 death pretty much everytime for me

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
It's stronger at LOW percents. That's why the topic is named Low-Percent Spike Chart.

Ganon's gets stronger faster. I could have SWORN I said that.....

Ness' is the best at low percents. At higher percents Ganon's takes it.
Oh. Whaddya know.

:052:

Mith_

Smash Champion
Oh well ty for clearing that up. I assumed since Falco's could that Fox's could. But they are not clones so yea :p.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Correction: Strongest until 38%, then Ganon's overtakes it
WTF are you talking about? Its the strongest because it kills at the lowest %. What measure of strength could you possibly be using? And what in the world makes you think its relevant?

And in case you're wondering, it's completely inescapable at 0%. What could make something stronger than that?

Top Bottom