• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best level for DK

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Green Greens.

-Easy uair kills
-Easy to start uair combos with platforms
-Cargo throws to death on sides
-Cargo throws to massive damage via bomb blocks
-Platforms lead to upsmashes
-The wind, the platform placement, the blocks, and the sectionized nature of the stage help you from not getting comboed
-Projectile characters have a hard time here
-You can always land a punch here because the plats and side areas are so small to tech they can't escape it
-DK LOVES apples

Everyone should use this stage with DK.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Low ceiling is good for getting nice Uair kills on floaties or lighter characters.

The only real con I can think of is that the stage is pretty small overall, and though DK can get easy kills, he is also killed easily not taking advantage of his survivability and good recovery. I want to try using this level though.

TierWhore

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't bum counterpick Jungle Japes? I heard that he's never lost there O_o... I don't see the advantages, but if someone has any insight...

James Sparrow

Smash Master
You can do crazy up b tricks on the platforms...

think for a moment which characters would suffer more from the river, those with horizontal recovery, or those with vertical. chars like marth who need to be very close to the edge before up b'ing to sweet spot it will have a hard time sweet spotting the ledge with the river running under it. DK stays out of the river's grasp when doing his up b because his does not require a lot of vertical gain.

i don't think japes is a bad course for dk, bair spam on the middle platform, and use up b cancels by grounded up b'ing in the middle and catching the side platforms edges.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Agreed. Green greens is great for DK, i actually beat Peach on that stage. Im not sure if i'd go up against a fox or falco on that stage though. They can abuse the stage a lot better than DK can.

Jungle japes is nice but personally i need practise on it. I find certain characters are able to spam quite well there.

And I think DK 64 is a great stage against fastfallers. Lots of room for combos. Plenty of different recovery options and DK's hard to kill on that stage.

Anybody tried Rainbow cruise? I reckon its got potential.

peace out

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
hmmm I'll keep trying dif things, that's been my hobby as of late, working on the weird non banned stages to find the uber one for each char.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Cruise is sweet because there are a lot of opportunities to get sweet cargo grabs to throw deaths at low percents. You have to know the level, and where the boundaries are close, but it's sweet when it works. Also at the very top part of the level just before you go back to the ship, you can get easy off the top kills.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Yeah Great Bay! That is by far DK's best level. I thought I was the only one who played it because it was banned. I once got 11 kills and I only did like 320% damage. Another time I beat a Marth in 18 sec.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea Brinstar and DK= a couple in a heated divorce settlement

It just never works out for me on that stage, i get DESTROYED!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Yup,
MLGpro.com said:
Most of the tournament’s neutral stages offered him an advantage via platforms. He then had an almost guaranteed win on his main counter-pick stage, Brinstar, by camping between the middle and right platforms. Once in position, an incoming opponent faced a disadvantage, usually leading to Bum landing an easy shield grab. This position also strengthened his shuffled up-aerial combo and his Donkey Punch finisher. The middle platform acted as a particularly nasty trap: a teching opponent was guaranteed a punch in the face and end of stock.
I think he probably made use of the little bubbles and the pillar of goo to mess up the other person's hit lag while trying to L-Cancel. Similar to how when you aerial the ice climbers, you have to L-Cancel differently/later.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Yeah I laughed at that too. I hear it all the time being referred to as that with my friends, but I'd not expect that from MLG. I wonder if whoever wrote that knows what a Donkey Punch is in terms of slang sexual acts.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Heh, every time the monkeys think they know whats good and bad, BUM just goes and proves it otherwise. BEating Chu Dat with DK? ANd we thought that Ice Climbers were his hardest matchup....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But where are BUM's vids? So far, I've only saw a few not-too-special videos of him versus a Fox. However, I do understand that DK can do well on Brinstar. I've been trying the stage out lately to and I think it plays pretty much like a bigger FoD. Ohh with lava ofcoarse! ._.;

But really, noone really likes to play at Brinstar because of the lava. It's a good stage I think versus Ganondorf, but you'll probarly do better on FoD...

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
I think the only real videos of BUM are on MLG's website and you need a VoD account for them... I think. I don't have a VoD account so I'm not positive.

I've heard that he doesn't like being recorded and that he's too lazy to record like me.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bum has vids on mlg's site? o.O

anyways, i didn't think you had to pay for that anymore, i payed a long time ago, but i thought they made the videos free this year or soemthing

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
well i couldnt find any bum vids, so if anyone does feel free to link them in this topic

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
The only Bum vids are mad old and don't represent his new style. His good vids will be up when the rest of the MLG Long Island vids are up.

HXY56

Smash Apprentice
I think that FD is probably my best DK level, however its a lot of other DK hater's best level too. Either that or Pokemon Stadium.

Mouf_From_Da_Souf

Smash Journeyman
WRONG marth vs dk on ys is fine and dandy, in fact thatz usually where i take them LOLZ cheap uair killz my boy and with half decent DI ull be living longer than pretty much anybody else that fightz marth on ys anywayz.

ys: small ceiling rapez floatiez, platformz that **** everybody, and close wallz that let u get cheap up b killz of tha stage

Banned via Administration
WRONG marth vs dk on ys is fine and dandy, in fact thatz usually where i take them LOLZ cheap uair killz my boy and with half decent DI ull be living longer than pretty much anybody else that fightz marth on ys anywayz.

ys: small ceiling rapez floatiez, platformz that **** everybody, and close wallz that let u get cheap up b killz of tha stage
guess who's back? back again?

rofl i agree with this post tho lolz marth on fd sucks *** but ys is fine and dandy like my farts

Top Bottom