• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best level for DK

HXY56

Smash Apprentice
im 2222222 good. thats how.

dk should be able to climb on wallz. thatd make him mor liek a monkay. "oh shi dat ***** on da wallzzz!!!!!!!!!!"
lol, that would be awesome! They should have at least given him wall jumps if they weren't going to let him climb walls.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
I don't think this has been posted but I just remembered that on PS when the stage is the windmill one if you stand on the very edge on the left part of the ramp on the deck and d-tilt your hand actually goes through the stage and hits below the ledge. Great for getting sweet-spotters.

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
I think Jungle Japes is his best because that level was made for him perfectly...check out on my new vid...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpPSyO3-GA

And tomorrow im gettin up some full matches so i'll put them up here then...

I don't think this has been posted but I just remembered that on PS when the stage is the windmill one if you stand on the very edge on the left part of the ramp on the deck and d-tilt your hand actually goes through the stage and hits below the ledge. Great for getting sweet-spotters.
haha im going to have to try that..that sounds trixy...

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
pokefloatz and green greenz, imo, are dk'z 2 best stagez (i know i said ys earlier but i change my mind)

DK_4_LYFE

Smash Rookie
^^^i CANNOT belive u honestly created a new account trying to hide who u are cuz u got banned. leave this board IMMEDIATLY. u ARE MOUF_OF_DA_SOUF.

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
yup yup

i dont have a solid place to take foxez tho, i mean i would never in my life try taking fox to green greenz and pokefloatz is nice but itz more even than anything, i need sumthin really cheap and gay, ill try out green greenz later, i **** marthz and sheikz there but havent tried it vs a fox cuz every1 banz it against me in tourney

btw dk 4 lyfe U SUCK AT DIS GAME

DK_4_LYFE

Smash Rookie
ok then let me get some tourney info from texas and ill be there. u act all pro at DK and try to say that the guide was garbage. ur "guide" wasnt even a guide!!!! it was more of deconstructive criticisms with u assuming ur the best DK. GTFO.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
mouf's guide was probably the best thing i've ever read on smashboards and thats not a joke, sticky material for sure.

there was no messin around in that guide. heres how to do it, heres how to NOT do it. straight to the point.

DK_4_LYFE

Smash Rookie
i agree with the stuff in his topic, but to call it a guide is ABSURD. that paragraph-long criticism just throws me off completly :dizzy:

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
how is brinstar with dk? i know its great for fighting falcos/spacies in general, so is it his ultimate counterpick for them, or is green greens the way to go? btw i want mouf to come back he was an ******* but i loved his nuggets of dk wisdom

DK_4_LYFE

Smash Rookie
I've heard brinstar was good w/ dk a couple times before but i was never good with him there so i didnt beleive it. or am i thinkin of brinstar depths???? idk lol. but ne ways i totally still think green greens is superior to brinstar.

P.S. its funny that this topic is now based around mouf.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
GG, JJ, Brinstar are DK's best counter stages.

He does well on all neutrals also but I find FoD to be lame personally for all my characters.

Really, I think DK does pretty well on every stage... except FoD 'cause that stage blows. :)

Bailey

Smash Hero
DK's best stage is Brinstar. Because after all of CGs on Fox/Falco an Up Throw onto the top platform ends in a punch no matter what.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
why is landing on the top platform guaranteed death by kong punch or whatever it's called? so if they tech in place you just time it as they get up? and because of the reach of the arm you can snag the whole platform? or do you mean it's just easy to read where they are teching to and follow. is it hard to snag a person who's teching in place? anyways i'm not a dk player..just curious

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
if they land on a plat u can just jump up and donkey punch, just press tha direction they teched right before tha punch. if they tech in place or dont tech at all, it doesnt matter wut direction u punch as long as u near tha center. also, if theyre behind dk'z head they can still get hit, but it sendz them up instead of away, ive started comboz like this (im amazing)

halfDemon

Smash Lord
I've been trying out Corneria lately. It's actually working out quite well. UAir kills are beastly, as is cargoing. Camping on the tail fin is pretty nice, too.

Top Bottom