• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Kirby on Smashboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
eh we all have different playstyles since kirby is a versatile character. Which is good cause then we arent like marth where everyone knows your gonna spam fairs and fsmash.

hmm i think i will start a topic where we share things about our playstyles that we all developed on our own

Gonzo does the most metagame advancing so far XD and timmy has the most detailed write ups about anything kirby related when his computer is working

(inspired today because i was talking to edrees and said kirby and peach are similar and then he said i just play kirby the same way he plays peach and it was my playstyle... so i thought about it i think ill make a topic)

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
The best kirby... There are so many different ways to "best" kirby so.... My point is there is one kirby player is'nt nessecarilly better than the other (besides the obvious) it's just how his playstyles effect the oppenent... I'm getting nowhere with this. I don't really care if you wanna see who wins the most with kirby go ahead.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
I think what BladeRadio0 was trying to say is that, there is always one Kirby better than the other, but it matters on the playstyle and how it affects the person.... I feel like I am also getting no where. Do what you guys want.

Remember this is a friendly competition.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Chudat is the best Kirby i think, He beat Azen with only Kirby WTF?!?

and he's been placing high at tourneys much higher than me to say the least

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Too bad he's not really around these forums, it would be nice to hear his opinions.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to see some new t!mmy vids. IIRC most of the ones we have now are at least 2-3 months old. I think he spends most of his time over on AiB.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Too bad he's not really around these forums, it would be nice to hear his opinions.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to see some new t!mmy vids. IIRC most of the ones we have now are at least 2-3 months old. I think he spends most of his time over on AiB.
So i've heard it would b nice to c some of his vids

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
ChuDat is really good, he loses to Chibo but did very well in BIG tourneys, he placed 7º in a camp with high level players, he is too good.

But exists very good Kirbys in the race ^^

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I can offer my opinion for SSBM: King Kirby 90.

As for SSBB, I really do not know. I will be part of the group saying t!mMy or Gonzo wpuld be the best.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
I agree that it is a different experience, though it still is quite a feat to be so successful with Kirby. Perhaps instead of discrediting it it should just be acknowledged as a different style than matches in person.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Here is one of King Kirby 90's (SSBM) finest fights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK9Q4pRmbQ0
^Wonderful :).

D-D-D-D-Daaaannnngggg

Anyway, you would have to rename this thread "the most successful kirby in WiFi/No WiFi"
The top MLG game battlers do horrible in Real time matches most of the time.
I do agree there is a line between Wifi and Real Time matches.
I also believe that the best Kirby has the best rankings and placings. But if you wanna think of a kirby who is successful in the Arts of Kirby, thats a different story in my opinion.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I dont think any Kirby is the best. I think since Kirby is so versatile the best Kirby player is the one who can guage and adjust to his opponent well. Kirby has a lot of moves that can counter different playstyles. The better Kirby player takes advantage of those moves to keep his opponent from really getting any momentum.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
D-D-D-D-Daaaannnngggg

Anyway, you would have to rename this thread "the most successful kirby in WiFi/No WiFi"
The top MLG game battlers do horrible in Real time matches most of the time.
I do agree there is a line between Wifi and Real Time matches.
I also believe that the best Kirby has the best rankings and placings. But if you wanna think of a kirby who is successful in the Arts of Kirby, thats a different story in my opinion.
Your saying the top MLG gamebattlers do horrible in real time matches just because they play online? That doesn't make them horrible. Horrible is such a strong word to use in that sentence. Look at DieSuperFly, and Cort, they play in real live tournaments and online. And they do great with both offline and online.

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
Your saying the top MLG gamebattlers do horrible in real time matches just because they play online? That doesn't make them horrible. Horrible is such a strong word to use in that sentence. Look at DieSuperFly, and Cort, they play in real live tournaments and online. And they do great with both offline and online.
Yeah, I agree.

Anyway, is King Kirby 90 the admin on smashboards, Kirby King?

NNID
MasterHavik
I'll say Shadowdragon, T!mmy, and Fred. Those are the people I would love to fight. I have been playing Kirby for a very long time.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Prolly Chu Dat. His Kirby is really good. Places higher than Gonzo's and he plays the top players in the US.
-Rei

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, I'm an AiB type of guy. I will try to get matches recorded at the OMG.

Out of all the tournaments I've been to, I would say Demised was the best I've seen.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
lol I have never really seen other kirby players... well not good ones o.o just some random people for the most part that probably only secondary kirby... I feel all alone maining kirby in socal lols

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Most of the time. I didnt say that DieSuperFly and Cort do horrible. I'm just saying that most online players dont win as much as they do online. And vice versa, people who play real time matches more often than WiFi, or another case scenario, never play WiFi, have a high chance of doing bad in a online match. I'm not saying that this applys for everyone, its just what I think about it.

On to the topic: I think now of days, the best kirby is of you're own opinion. SpikeSpiegel19 is right, there isnt really a best kirby once you get down to it. But thats just my veiw on it.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I've been emulating Chu's style and finding that its to predictable. He makes excellent use of spacing the Bair, Utilt, Uair, and using Fsmash at the best times but what he doesn't do is adapt to his opponent with Kirby. He plays the same way every time. If u can adjust to ur opponent Kirby can use different moves to gain an advantage besides just using Bair, Utilt, Uair as his bread and butter moves.

For example, against campy characters or spacey ones i like to get really aggressive with Nair and just keep comboing it with Neutral A and grab and also tackle cuz its a great damage builder out of Nair.

But against Passive players or aggressive players i dont do well and thats where Chu's method succeeds. Thats y a combination of strategies depending on ur opponents style should make a difference

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I've been emulating Chu's style and finding that its to predictable. He makes excellent use of spacing the Bair, Utilt, Uair, and using Fsmash at the best times but what he doesn't do is adapt to his opponent with Kirby. He plays the same way every time. If u can adjust to ur opponent Kirby can use different moves to gain an advantage besides just using Bair, Utilt, Uair as his bread and butter moves.

For example, against campy characters or spacey ones i like to get really aggressive with Nair and just keep comboing it with Neutral A and grab and also tackle cuz its a great damage builder out of Nair.

But against Passive players or aggressive players i dont do well and thats where Chu's method succeeds. Thats y a combination of strategies depending on ur opponents style should make a difference
So in other words there's no single "best", but a bunch of people that are different but just about equal.

Or we can have a Kirby ditto tourney.:laugh:

Demised

Smash Ace
The only way I can look at it, is who is better with Kirby against different character match ups. But I may be wrong. Possibly enough time hasnt passed yet to show who stand out as the so called, "best" Kirby. But we'll see how it goes later on. But in the end, we all know Kirbys top tier.

The Kirbys i've heard of to keep an eye out for are:

t!mmy- Its t!mmy, do i have to explain? lol. Even if he isnt the best, he def reps Kirby hardcor
Gonzo- Every time top Kirbys comes up, your name comes up.
Demised- 2cute :)
Chu- I keep hearing he's the best. But is it just cause he's Chu, or is he really that good. vids?
Kirbykid- Talked with a few Texas players that play with him and with his Kirby rep in melee.

Im making it a point to travel more also so I can play as many people as possible since wifi with Kirby seems pretty garbage for a character that seems to rely on spacing more than others. Im actually out in New Mexico right now for a 2 day tourney starting this morning. Im teamin with DSF to, and i'll make sure to post a link to some vids after words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom