• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best final smash?

yoda

Smash Rookie
i'll go with olimar's final smash. well, i haven't found a way to get rid of it and it causes real damage. if anyone knows a better one, share it ^^

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Olimar's isn't the greatest; the free damage is nice, but the 'landing ship' attack can be avoided by simply grabbing a ledge.

If you want best Final Smashes, it's pretty much widely accepted Super Sonic and Falco's Landmaster are the best around.

Judo777

Smash Master
Rob's, Sonics, and Falcos are the best. Robs last forever.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
You can spotdodge constantly to avoid Olimar's final smash and only take like 16%

The best is Sonic's without a contest. Second best is a tie between the landmasters, pretty much.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I'd say sonic's.

Sonic's is the only which I can't avoid. (I main pit)

Olimar PIt can fly above the entire thing. Taking no damage.
Marth you can spot-dodge/avoid in general.

landmasters are np when flying under the stage.. etc.

Yup I say Sonic's is the best, next being Wario/Rob. Being invincible and moving is pretty much a free stock, if done right.

Limeee

Smash Champion
i think this is a pretty good thread for tactical discussion
seriously though, the GBD was made for players who don't go to tournaments to discuss the game casually, this is suppoed to be a somewhat high level place QQ
:009:

Blissard

Smash Lord
WeeGee's Final Smash is god-awful, don't even talk about it. Rob's isn't good either, as it's range is horrible and terribly weak; campers even benefit from his FS sometimes. Olimar's final smash was rated best by Nintendo's SSBB guide, but who gives a **** about Nintendo's guide. It is quite good in the fact that it can meteor smash and do hefty damage while you don't do a thing.

I think it's generally agreed upon that Sonic's is best? Pikachu's can have the same effect, except that a lot of training is needed to control it correctly. Landmaster's (not Wolf's; his Landmaster lasts mush shorter than Fox and Falco's) are probably second, as they can score kills in the upper blast line easily.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Luigi's Acid Trip Negative Zone makes 75% of small stages unusable by everyone else; if that's not positional advantaging, I don't know what is. It's also instant death for anyone who falls asleep, goes to their dizzy state, or falls into their special fall animation in the air inside the sphere, due to the bonus knockback provided by Negative Zone. Protip: Knock the opponent off the stage first, THEN use the Final Smash.

ROB can chase down opponents very easily with his Super Spaz Bot; the range on the Final Smash is about on par with what Ike has to offer, and catching them with even one hit of the move guarantees trappage until the powerful, killing blow of the attack is realeased. The fact ROB's invincible during the whole thing doesn't hurt either.

Pikachu's Volt Tackle is a hell of hard to control; even harder to time pushing the attack button when you're overlapping the opponent, so it does suffer in that regard. That said, the Final Smash deals crap tons of damage(talkin' ~100% here), even if you fail to land any real knockback on the opponent. Also Volt Tackle breaks shields, which can help keep an opponent in place so you can land the actual kill-potent attack of the Final Smash.

As far as Olimar's End of Day, yes, you do get some free damage, but the only part of the attack that can kill(when Olimar re-lands the ship) is easily avoided by simply grabbing a ledge, so it's not a very good Final Smash in that regard.

Fox's Landmaster has fast ground mobility, Falco's Landmaster has fast aerial mobility, and Wolf's has fast ground and aerial mobility, as well as an increased firing rate, at the expense of 8 seconds of Landmaster time. People generally accept Falco's Landmaster as the best of the three because the most common(and easiest) way to kill people is to push them over the top boundary, and Falco's fast aerial movement really helps in that. Wolf's would be just as good, but it's not as big, so people have more time to escape off the top of it.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Luigi's Acid Trip Negative Zone makes 75% of small stages unusable by everyone else.
Not entirely sure if the percentage is accurate, but in any case, if Luigi has the smash ball, opponent's will start rolling away from him. Since he's dancing for a short duration during the beginning of the FS, most people will abuse that time to either roll out of negative zone, plank, or both.

When Rob uses his FS, it's almost as if he's carrying a golden hammer, but weaker. He'll chaotically chase everyone around the stage, and it's not entirely reliable for KO's, but good damage racking.

And don't forget that if Olimar is near/close on top of someone while using End of Day, they'll be pitfalled into the ground, and receive about 100% damage, most likely dying.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Not entirely sure if the percentage is accurate, but in any case, if Luigi has the smash ball, opponent's will start rolling away from him. Since he's dancing for a short duration during the beginning of the FS, most people will abuse that time to either roll out of negative zone, plank, or both.
Like I said, if you knock the opponent off the stage first, then use the Final Smash, there's not much they can do. If they land on the ground within the Negative Zone, they risk falling asleep or becoming dizzy, and since one of the effects of the Final Smash is to slow down time for the opponents(if you're inside), it causes the effects to last unreasonably longer amounts of time than usual.

Planking doesn't work either, because another effect of Negative Zone is to randomly put opponents into their "footstooled" fallstate, except they can't do anything to get out of that state until they land(which causes the opponent to automatically go into their dizzy state). If you're not onstage when this happens, you die.

When Rob uses his FS, it's almost as if he's carrying a golden hammer, but weaker. He'll chaotically chase everyone around the stage, and it's not entirely reliable for KO's, but good damage racking.
There are some differences between a Golden Hammer and ROB's Super Laser Orgy. For starters, ROB can use his entire moveset(except Neutral B) during his Final Smash. Plus, he's invincible. Those are two pros right there.

There are two effects to ROB's Final Smash. The first is the automatic damage racking eye lasers, but at random intervals of time during the Final Smash, ROB will automatically shoot out a lethal short circuit, killing anyone in the ~50%+ range. Also, if the ROB doesn't feel like waiting for the short circuit, he could always Fsmash the opponent while they're caught in the lasers.

And don't forget that if Olimar is near/close on top of someone while using End of Day, they'll be pitfalled into the ground, and receive about 100% damage, most likely dying.
Okay, first off, when Olimar does his End of Day, he does a small dance in place immediately after pushing B, followed by the ship appearing. I would estimate the time between pushing B and the ship actually appearing to be about 30 frames(half a second), which is well above the timeframe of human reaction to get out of the way.

In addition, even if you do get grounded, you can mash out and escape well before Olimar crashes his ship back onto the stage. Then all you need to do is a dodge of some kind(airdodges generally last the longest) to avoid the ship.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Godlike:
Sonic
Fox
Wolf
Falco

Powerful:
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Bowser
Wario
Pit
Luigi
Samus
Pokemon Trainer

Good:
Olimar
R.O.B.
Pikachu
Peach
Snake
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Zelda
Sheik
Link
Toon Link
Lucas
Donkey Kong
Meta Knight

Bad:
Ike
Mario
Ness
Captain Falcon
King Dedede
Kirby
Zero Suit Samus
Lucario

Awful:
Jigglypuff
☯ The list should look something like this. Super Sonic is arguably the best Final Smash in the game. It's not easy to run from, you can't block it, and can easily get a stock around less than 70%. The only con is you have to control the speed or you'll miss a lot.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
That list has A LOT of flaws.

Why the **** is Peach so high, her final smash is AWFUL. Incredibly easy to avoid, and extremely bad reward, sometimes (most of the time) even a negative one. Possibly the worst in the game.

Jigglypuff's is ridiculously low. Her Final Smash is really good :l

:052:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I enjoy all of John's FS nicknames.

*subscribes*

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
☯ The list should look something like this. Super Sonic is arguably the best Final Smash in the game. It's not easy to run from, you can't block it, and can easily get a stock around less than 70%. The only con is you have to control the speed or you'll miss a lot.
ganon isnt there, and he can also stall with his, so it could be the best

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That list has A LOT of flaws.

Why the **** is Peach so high, her final smash is AWFUL. Incredibly easy to avoid, and extremely bad reward, sometimes (most of the time) even a negative one. Possibly the worst in the game.

Jigglypuff's is ridiculously low. Her Final Smash is really good :l

:052:
☯ Peach's Final Smash zooms on the character using making it challenging to know what your doing, (unless she's offscreen performing her Final Smash), when you land on the ground your automatically going to sleep. Plus she can automatically damage you when she uses it, not even close to being the worst, but not one of the best. Jigglypuff starts up too slow, enough to escape unless your playing in a very small stage. You have to get near her to get blown away, to add Jigglypuff can kill your partner, (team attack off).

ganon isnt there, and he can also stall with his, so it could be the best
☯ I guess the copy of the list I found didn't have all the characters in it. XD

☯ I agree that Ganondorf is one of the best.

Pro_Brawler

Smash Rookie
I agree that sonic has the best final smash , but Marth's final smash is a OHKO
I know its easy to dodge...

X Gamer 66

Smash Rookie
The "best" are definitely

NOW I'LL SHOW YOU
PERSONALLY, I PREFER THE AIR
IT'S SHOW TIME

But my personal favorite is Wario-Man.

Top Bottom