• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Character Tag Team

Shök

Smash Champion
Pick 2 people that you think would make the ultimate Brawl Team of competitive play.

Well, personally, I'd say the best swordsmen would make a nice team:
Marth-Meta Knight
Marth-Toon Link
Toon Link-Meta Knight

Or the projectile masters:
Snake-Toon Link
Snake-Falco
Falco-Toon Link

Or some other nice characters:
Luigi-G&W
Luigi-R.O.B.
G&W-R.O.B.

Another good duo would be a projectile master + a close range killer.
Marth-Snake
Marth-Falco
Marth-R.O.B.
Meta Knight-Snake
Meta Knight-Falco
Meta Knight-R.O.B.
Toon Link-R.O.B.

Or even a quick damage racker and a heavyweight powerhouse
Meta Knight-Dedede
Marth-Dedede
etc.

Post your own opinion!

Browny

Smash Hater
Sonic and marth imo

abuse sonics running grab at every opportunity and hold the enemy in place while marth gets a free tipper fsmash. same with his dthrow, since it has set knockback no matter what % the enemy is on

Shök

Smash Champion
You make a good point.
Marth is my main and I play sonic alot too (not as much as my friend though)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Well, Sonic and any character really, because he's basically made for doubles/FFA's.
I like the Marth idea.

Shök

Smash Champion
Sonic and Meta Knight would be sick too.
PKMN Trainer and Marth would be sick too (especially ivysaur, the best of the 3 PKMN)

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Me and my brother can create quite the disjointed hitbox wall with Lucas and Ness... it's not particularly a POWERFUL technique, but so few people know how to deal with it when we play against them that it's a rather formidable force against anyone who doesn't have their own organized team.

Shök

Smash Champion
My friend is usuallyu Toon Link
My Marth and His TL can be deadly when he uses teh projectiles and I use the close range sword.
We both get KOs with spikes alot, too.

KURiSUTARU

Smash Rookie
Sonic and Ike are amazing as a team. Grab and Fsmash away, and Ike can be boosted up by Sonic's Up B. Another combo is Pit and Toon Link, TL can spam progectiles while Pit racks up damage with his quick attacks and to finish either one of TL's smashes. Oh, and DeDeDe and Snake can rip up the battle with the DDD B + Snake fsmash trick.

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
Zelda + MK. MK chases them down while Zelda uses Din's Fire from a range. MK racks up the damage while Zelda goes for the kill.

These two work really well, IMO, since they don't contradict each other in play style (Zelda isn't as slow as Ike and MK isn't as shaky as Sonic).

Browny

Smash Hater
Sonic and Ike are amazing as a team. Grab and Fsmash away, and Ike can be boosted up by Sonic's Up B. Another combo is Pit and Toon Link, TL can spam progectiles while Pit racks up damage with his quick attacks and to finish either one of TL's smashes. Oh, and DeDeDe and Snake can rip up the battle with the DDD B + Snake fsmash trick.
wow i just realised how that works...

instant top tier for sure (snake and dedede)

Psyche131

Smash Rookie
Snake and Diddy
basically... HOLY CRAP I SLIPPED ON A BANANA 4 TIMEZZZ AND GOT BLOWNZ UP BY DER MINEZ AND C4, ZOMGWTF???PWNZRZ!!!111ONEONE!!
mind games galore, snakes godly ko potentiol and diddy racking up damage plus
A REDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MINDGAMES, JUST THINK OF THE MINDGAMES

Grandeza

Smash Master
Snake and Diddy
basically... HOLY CRAP I SLIPPED ON A BANANA 4 TIMEZZZ AND GOT BLOWNZ UP BY DER MINEZ AND C4, ZOMGWTF???PWNZRZ!!!111ONEONE!!
mind games galore, snakes godly ko potentiol and diddy racking up damage plus
A REDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MINDGAMES, JUST THINK OF THE MINDGAMES
I've been trying to spread this team for months. I need a friend who lives near me to play snake.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
NO CONTEST

G&W + Anyone

He's got the bucket, an Uair and UpB to aid anyone with crappy recovery, and can kill for those who cant/combo for those who cant. He IS the best teammate.

Some others include Lucas + ZSS, for Dsmash healing
and Jiggly + Pit.

Yeah.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Anyone that didn't say GaW+an energy character fails.

GaW+ZSS=Kill at 0 with a bucket charged via dsmash
GaW+Zelda=Din's fire, **** everyone, Bucket
GaW+Lucario=You don't even want to know
GaW+Lucas=**** **** raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape
GaW+ANYONE WITH A FREAKIN' GOOD ENERGY PROJECTILE, SRSLY, SCREW ALL OTHER TEAMS
Though GaW+Marth is kinda ****.

Lucas and Ness also have amazing synergy, as do either of them with Zelda/ZSS/Lucario, for great healing justice.

Chocopuppet

Smash Rookie
Zero Suit Samus and Snake. Why? Zero Suit Samus has boobs, and Snake has explosives.
Doesn't get much better than boobs and explosions.

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
a few people here have said that a TL and Snake combo would ****, well, let me tell you, it does.
my best friend, Snake Main, i am a TL main, we Projectile spam, then we rack up the damage, then i chaingrab, and he F-smashes them, and if they survive, we spike em.

then we do our mini taunt conversations, i do a taunt, then he does the one that corollates to the one i did. (or vise versa)

MuBa

Smash Lord
Holy crap I can see Snake and ROB being a deadly team...wow...planted mines...C4....and Gyro to control the field.

And since ROB has great aerial mobility and attacks, he can get around those mines and start pwning...but then again he'd be just spamming his Gyro and laser...

UnicornTears

Smash Rookie
A combination of Fox OR Falco AND Ness OR Lucas. Fox/Falco can heal Ness or Lucas. Ness and Lucas can't be infinited in this situation since teammates can intervene. Fox/Lucas would be ideal. In 3 stock matches, Fox/Lucas can have an "extra life" due to the life healed from lasers and Lucas's downb. Plus, Lucas and Fox both Usmash very early to get most of their kills at high level play.

massimo009

Smash Cadet
Best team ever in snake and pikachu. Besides the fact that their both amazing, pikachu's B-air and D-smash can trap the opponents in one place while snake uses side smash on them. Plus the mich of remote controlled missiles, thunder, and mortars make for mean egde guarding.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
G&W + Lucas is pretty truthful...

PK fires load up the bucket usually to 70%+ insta-KO
...and there isn't much reason lucas shouldn't be spamming them anyway.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yes, G&W + Lucas is good :

-> G&W B move on Lucas Absorbing.
-> Lucas PK Fire/Pk Thunder on G&W Bucket :)
-> G&W Down Throw + Lucas Up Smash ?

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
me and my teammate play Dedede and Lucario...

and if you all haven't figured out yet Lucario is insane in teams.

double lucario is the best team imo. my teammate was down 3 to 1 stock. slowly killed one, then another and by the time he had them down to one stock... jesus he was powerful at a low percent.

Top Bottom