• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Character in Melee? POLL

Best Character (#1 on tier list)

• Total voters

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
Hello all, what with the new tier list, I wanted to know everyone's opinion on who the best character is (among the options.) Enjoy!
My vote personally goes to Sheik, for the 0 people who care. All-around most solid character, with chaingrabs/tech chases on every character.

Also, feel free to list reasoning. :D

D

Deleted member

the best character is the one with the set of hands holding the controller.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
How can I be the first/only person to vote for Captain Falcon? :falconmelee:

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Falco is busted. Fox too but at least he's harder to be consistent with
If consistency was an issue in determining the theoretical best on the tier list, then the tier list would be much different. Suddenly the Ice Climbers and Pikachu go down, and a lot of the low tiers would have much less variance.

Fixed that for you.
Thanks man. You obviously know what you are talking about more than I do.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If consistency was an issue in determining the theoretical best on the tier list, then the tier list would be much different. Suddenly the Ice Climbers and Pikachu go down, and a lot of the low tiers would have much less variance.

Consistency is an issue, otherwise we'd have a tier list where only 1 character is viable and it's assumed that we always power-shield everything.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
i voted for sheik.. in my oppinion, even though fox has all the things we know he has, sheik can space every1 in the cast no exeption the better. the speed she has + the range of some of her attacks (fair, ftilt, dtilt, jab, nair) plus the killin power she has, and having the gayest projectile in the game, makes her the best in the cast for me.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Consistency is an issue, otherwise we'd have a tier list where only 1 character is viable and it's assumed that we always power-shield everything.
You have to compromise a little bit, obviously no player is capable of powershielding everything lol, but we've seen what fox players can do technically, its more about playing smarter than anything really.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
You have to compromise a little bit, obviously no player is capable of powershielding everything lol, but we've seen what fox players can do technically, its more about playing smarter than anything really.
Dude...I wanna powershield everything. Especially while airborne. That'd be the best.

I mean yeah, but it is looking at the overall potential of the character and the most recent tournament results. The fact that Fox has remained at the top even though, until Zenith 2013, it had been forever since a Fox had won a national proves that it is comprised mostly of theory Melee that is useful. That is the only reason I believe that consistency is not a HUGE issue, but it should be looked at I guess.

Max?

Smash Champion
Mango wins a National with Fox.

NOW FOX IS THE BEST.

Come on guys. My expectations for the melee community are **** all over once again

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Mango wins a National with Fox.

NOW FOX IS THE BEST.

Come on guys. My expectations for the melee community are **** all over once again
I think that Fox was the best BEFORE Mango won Zenith or EVO. Even before those victories, he had so many tools to win, and I cannot think of what character could have replaced him. Falco loses to Fox and Sheik at the very least in the high tiers, and Fox has the absolute best matchup spread in the game.

crush

Smash Master
I think that Fox was the best BEFORE Mango won Zenith or EVO. Even before those victories, he had so many tools to win, and I cannot think of what character could have replaced him. Falco loses to Fox and Sheik at the very least in the high tiers, and Fox has the absolute best matchup spread in the game.
lol u do kno mango won big house 2 and melee fc right

Top Bottom