• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best American Pikachu?

kamekasu

Smash Ace
I was talking to Yonezumi, a Japanese Pikachu pro, and he asked me this:

Who is a famous Pikachu player in U.S.?
Because I had interested in this matter!
By famous, I'm assuming he means best. Can you tell me who is among the best, or who are particularly skilled Pikachu players?

kamekasu

Smash Ace
I told him for Melee that Chu, Azen, Philly Billy, and Anther were good off the top of my head.
And for Brawl, he said he has been most impressed with Anther.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to burst your bubble TL? but I am the best Pikachu.[/lies]

Seriously though, Anther seems to be the best currently. His use of Quick Attack Canceling alone puts him on another level than most Pikas.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
ask him to put up (or link us to) some good japanese pikachu replays on youtube or something :)

and yes, Anther is the best I've seen. His pikachu is fast, unpredictable, technical, and very, very fun to watch :p.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Sorry to burst your bubble TL? but I am the best Pikachu.[/lies]

Seriously though, Anther seems to be the best currently. His use of Quick Attack Canceling alone puts him on another level than most Pikas.
Agreed, Anther is the only person I've seen to use QAC without abusing it, I know its the coolest thing on the face of the earth, but it's not always or even that often the best option, Anther can recognise the situations.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Azen has a crazy good pika. There is an amazing match between his pika and boss's mario. He ends up losing, but he still plays really well. I don't know why they don't have it on the pika video thread. There's a link to it somewhere in the tier discussion but I don't know where.

Roller

Smash Legend
Azen has a crazy good pika. There is an amazing match between his pika and boss's mario. He ends up losing, but he still plays really well. I don't know why they don't have it on the pika video thread. There's a link to it somewhere in the tier discussion but I don't know where.

He is aight. But Anther wouldn't lose to unbeatableboss (that's his full name). Boss is good, but Anther is better and apparently Azen isn't, so ya.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
Anther.....and lol at the "I had interested in this matter!"

But me for best melee Pikachu (soon I will have vids up), lolol

BrawlChampBro

Smash Rookie
I like Zig-Zag's Brawl Pikachu because he wears the red hat. But he sucks at Corneria, don't tell anyone.

Popertop

Smash Champion
lol, I don't really like Hylian's pikachu. He posted a video and was like, "Here's who I'm seconding." It was just a bunch of QACs, but since it was against Rayzorium I guess he thought people would be all like, "OMG OMG OMG HE BEAT RAYZORIUM HE MUST BE SOOOOO GOOOD OMG OMGOMG"

Anther is by far my favorite pikachu. Brawl or Melee.
I am interested as to how the Japanese style differs.

Wario4Ever

Smash Cadet
As a Wario main, I think Pikachu's in general are very very annoying. They spam two moves constantly, and those are down-a and thunder! Thats why you need items to actually have a good time with them!

BTW Sans Glutin I absolutely love your signature, makes me laugh everytime i see it haha

kamekasu

Smash Ace
lol, I don't really like Hylian's pikachu. He posted a video and was like, "Here's who I'm seconding." It was just a bunch of QACs, but since it was against Rayzorium I guess he thought people would be all like, "OMG OMG OMG HE BEAT RAYZORIUM HE MUST BE SOOOOO GOOOD OMG OMGOMG"

Anther is by far my favorite pikachu. Brawl or Melee.
I am interested as to how the Japanese style differs.
Japan's style is pretty similar as far as I can tell. They discovered QAC a bit before the US.

Yone (Pikachu) VS Gano (Fox)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E1j5MuMxbs

Yone (Pikachu) VS Gano (Robot)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QDDtwa1rnCM

Yone (Pikachu) VS Gano (Diddy) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJSgpSyJako

Yone (Pikachu) VS Gano (Diddy) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJi6C4gTt8A

The last two are training Gano for the big Ketubato tournament.
Yone is one of the best Pikachus I know in Japan, but I don't know many Pikachu pros...
Yone will not be going to Ketubato.

Roller

Smash Legend
ANTHER FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And obviously **** discovered QuACing before us, because although we found it in a matter of days, they had the game for a whole month before us... so ya.

Sans glutin-I think you might just have the best sig I have ever seen. lol

Roller

Smash Legend

krehz

Smash Ace
Dude scary doesn't even begin to describe that other forum they have of u....... O_o

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
I will never release another match/combo video again though.

Why?

I feel like zigzag is also another under recognized brawl pika player.
I'm just not at a point where I want recognition in that manner. I would rather just travel and do it.

And besides, I don't want any kinda locker-room review type stuff goin on with people I may have to play in the future.

Anyone wanna be my friend on myspace?

Myspace.com/15453187

Send friend requests

Just leave a lil msg w/ it so I don't think it's just spam or something...

Now raise your hands if you didn't expect me to look the way I do lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There is no best person with a charater, there will always be someone better.

Top Bottom