• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Aerial Game?

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
From what I know so far is that these characters have good air game
(Search wasn't working for me) :
  • Ike
  • Marth
  • Meta Knight
  • Peach
  • Jiggs (Jiggly Puff)
  • Wario

I was wondering who else had good air game because I find that if a character has a good air game and a nice recovery, they usually are a character I would like to play/already play.

Sorry if this is a useless post/ topic

Characters I main are in red.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Captain Falcon has a great air game. He out prioritizes everything in the air.

MK has the best one.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Interesting this topic should appear now, we were just discussing good air games in the Ike boards.

In any case, he's my top ten of air games:

1. Meta Knight
2. Wario
3. Marth
4. Jigglypuff
5. Peach
6. Ness
7. Game and Watch
8. Kirby
9. Ike
10. Squirtle

It's opinion based, and characters might move up a slot or two, but those are the characters I consider to have the better Brawl air games.

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
So the list so far is : (In no particular order)
  • Ike
  • Marth
  • Meta Knight
  • Peach
  • Jiggs (Jiggly Puff)
  • Wario
  • Kirby
  • Squirtle
  • Game and Watch
Correct???

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Interesting this topic should appear now, we were just discussing good air games in the Ike boards.

In any case, he's my top ten of air games:

1. Meta Knight
2. Wario
3. Marth
4. Jigglypuff
5. Peach
6. Ness
7. Game and Watch
8. Kirby
9. Ike
10. Squirtle

It's opinion based, and characters might move up a slot or two, but those are the characters I consider to have the better Brawl air games.
o.O

I think Lucario and Weegee have a better air game than most of the characters up there.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So the list so far is : (In no particular order)
  • Ike
  • Marth
  • Meta Knight
  • Peach
  • Jiggs (Jiggly Puff)
  • Wario
  • Kirby
  • Squirtle
  • Game and Watch
Correct???
Why is Weegee and Lucario NOT UP THERE?

Ike does not deserve to have a spot up there. NOT AT ALL.

And doesn't Pits air game pale in comparison to MK?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
o.O

I think Lucario and Weegee have a better air game than most of the characters up there.
Lucario and Luigi have good air games, but I personally didn't put them into the top 10.

A good match would be Meta Knight and pit in a air game.
Pit's air game is surprisingly mediocre, I'd say. Considering he's, you know, a winged angel.

Amide

Smash Lord
Meta Knight, Peach, G&W, Puff, Wario. I'd remove Ike from your list by the way, I find him more of a ground character.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I think Jigglypuff has been proven to be the best aerial fighter, maybe not.
I would think so, though.

Squirtle's air game is also unique.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Ike has.....a good air game?!?!? O.o

I'm officially sucessful in life.

I think Meta, Marth or *sigh* Jigglypuff has the best aerial game.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm sorry, Jiggs's air game is no longer anywhere near the best in this game anymore. In Melee, it shut down almost every other character in the game aerially, but there are too many characters who are way too good in the air at this point. I could see fourth or lower if you're pushing it.

This is to say if we're talking characters that can go aerial, stay aerial, and still dominate, Jiggs just doesn't have the cajones that it used to.

Metaknight certainly has amazing aerials. Peach is good. Luigi is pretty good. I'm surprised no one has mentioned ROB, though: nair, uair, fair, bair. The guy is a beast in the air and off the stage.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
ROB (utility, power), MK (priority, range, speed), Squirtle (speed, range), Luigi (speed, priority), Wario (power, speed, utility), Ness (range, power, priority), and G&W (power, utility, speed) have some great air games. Ike is craptastic in the air, I don't know where that came from. Jiggs is air-focused but just plain mediocre.

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
Uhhhh....
So...
  • Ike
  • Marth
  • Meta Knight
  • Peach
  • Jiggs (Jiggly Puff)
  • Wario
  • Kirby
  • Squirtle
  • Game and Watch
  • Weegee (Luigi)
  • Lucario
  • Captain Falcon??????

Barge

All I want is a custom title
What about zelda? All 4 of her air moves are killers (excluding nair, only really useful for approaching)
Uair, kills at early percentages
Bair sweetspotted
Fair SweetSpotted
Dair Best spike in game; sweetspotted

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
Is this list done yet?
  • Rob
  • Toon Link
  • Zelda
  • Marth
  • Meta Knight
  • Peach
  • Jiggs (Jiggly Puff)
  • Wario
  • Kirby
  • Squirtle
  • Game and Watch
  • Weegee (Luigi)
  • Lucario
  • Captain Falcon??????

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I thought it was only top 10?

Well, here's my opinion of the top 10 (in no particular order)

Meta knight
Lucario
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Wario
ROB
Marth
Game and Watch
Kirby(?)
Peach(?)

And I don't think Zelda's sweet-spotted Dair is the best spike in the game.

Its probably Ganondorfs or Ness.

Ganondorfs has the highest growth right in the game, and it feels so **** satisfying when you land it.

cutter

Smash Champion
MK and G&W have by far and away the best aerials in the game. No other character can even compare with those two.

MK is pretty self-explanatory. His attacks come out so lightning fast and are high priority disjointed hitboxes.
- Fair is his bread and butter aerial.
- Dair is a ridiculous gimping tool.
- Nair comes out frame 3 which is ludicrious for a kill move.
- Uair comes out frame 2 and has IASA frames unlike any other move.
- Bair is his worst aerial but it still has great range and it's a disjointed hitbox
- Up B + Glide attack = complete ****

G&W is also self-explanatory. While his attacks aren't as fast as MK's, they do more damage, they're more powerful, they linger, and have some of the most massive disjointed hitboxes for moves.
- Bair is arguably the best move in the game.
- Nair piles on damage like crazy, has a huge disjointed hitbox that protects most of G&W's body, overrides a ton of attacks, and it autocancels.
- Fair is another gigantic disjointed hitbox that is a powerful KO move on the intial frames and then acts as a very good sexkick for a very long lingering hitbox.
- Dair piles on damage very quickly, spikes, can be slowfalled, few attacks can challenge it head on, and it has an AoE hitbox upon landing to prevent punishment.
- Uair shuts down ANY vertical approach and refreshes G&W's stale moves.
- Up B has invincibility frames and the ability to chain into other aerials.

No other character can pull off the crazy **** MK and G&W can do with their aerial games.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
MK and G&W have by far and away the best aerials in the game. No other character can even compare with those two.

MK is pretty self-explanatory. His attacks come out so lightning fast and are high priority disjointed hitboxes.
- Fair is his bread and butter aerial.
- Dair is a ridiculous gimping tool.
- Nair comes out frame 3 which is ludicrious for a kill move.
- Uair comes out frame 2 and has IASA frames unlike any other move.
- Bair is his worst aerial but it still has great range and it's a disjointed hitbox
- Up B + Glide attack = complete ****

G&W is also self-explanatory. While his attacks aren't as fast as MK's, they do more damage, they're more powerful, they linger, and have some of the most massive disjointed hitboxes for moves.
- Bair is arguably the best move in the gam.e.
- Nair piles on damage like crazy, has a huge disjointed hitbox that protects most of G&W's body, overrides a ton of attacks, and it autocancels.
- Fair is another gigantic disjointed hitbox that is a powerful KO move on the intial frames and then acts as a very good sexkick for a very long lingering hitbox.
- Dair piles on damage very quickly, spikes, can be slowfalled, few attacks can challenge it head on, and it has an AoE hitbox upon landing to prevent punishment.
- Uair shuts down ANY vertical approach and refreshes G&W's stale moves.
- Up B has invincibility frames and the ability to chain into other aerials.

No other character can pull off the crazy **** MK and G&W can do with their aerial games.
I agree with GnW I almost totally forgot about him. And his UpAir is ***** trying to get back down.

Oh, and your sig is 1337

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
This topic is now about Marth and his play style and characters that are like him...
Not...
I was just wondering if anybody knows if any other characters have -one- move that should be used often, similar to Marth and his F-Air. I am sort of searching for another character to use. I just like the style that Marth plays.

Also, current best aerials list (In SEMI [Semi okay people?] order of best to worst):
  • Game and Watch
  • Meta Knight
  • Marth
  • Lucario
  • Weegee
  • Rob
  • Peach
  • Jiggs

cutter

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff does not have a good aerial game as you think it is. None of her aerials are disjointed hitboxes and they have mediocre range. She gets wrecked by MK, G&W, Marth, Lucario, and any other character with disjointed hitboxes.

Here's my top 10:

1. MK/G&W (tie)

*huge gap*

3. Marth
4. Lucario
5. Ness
6. ROB
7. Olimar
8. Wario
9. Pit
10. Toon Link

3-10 is probably a big mess, but I know for a fact MK and G&W have without question the best aerial games.

BTW thanks Barge :D

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff does not have a good aerial game as you think it is. None of her aerials are disjointed hitboxes and they have mediocre range. She gets wrecked by MK, G&W, Marth, Lucario, and any other character with disjointed hitboxes.

Here's my top 10:

1. MK/G&W (tie)

*huge gap*

3. Marth
4. Lucario
5. Ness
6. ROB
7. Olimar
8. Wario
9. Pit
10. Toon Link
Okay, woah la. Jiggs isn't the aerial **** that she was in Melee, but she's leagues better than Pit, at least. Pound alone would give Pit conniptions in the air. Pound alone gives most characters conniptions. I mean, let's not be crazy here. Everybody just CALM DOWN.

Though to be fair, the title of the thread is the best aerial game, and I entirely agree that it's either MK or G&W. Go team!

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

To the OP:

Captain Falcon was purely sarcasm.

Mindgamez.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
How has Dedede not been mentioned? Godly recovery and bair is insane.

1: Meta Knight
2: Wario
3: G&W
4: ROB
5: Marth
6: Jigglypuff
7: King Dedede
8: Peach
Because Dedede's a fat penguin.

And his air game isn't THAT good.

In fact, why is Wario 2nd? G&W is 2nd, or even 1st. Same with MK.

And no Lucario/Weegee? :confused:

I'd probably switch around ROB, Marth, and Wario. And get rid of Dedede.
His air game is NOT that good. Lucario and Weegee should be up there, all the time.

cutter

Smash Champion
Luigi LOOKS like he has a good aerial game, but the huge lacking of disjointed hitboxes really holds him back from having a top 10 aerial game IMO. Having disjointed hitboxes helps your case greatly for having a good aerial game as MK and G&W can tell you.

Lucario definately has a top 10 aerial game. He has both disjointed and lingering hitboxes, and the only character that has that as well is G&W.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wolf does jump high and has excellent horicontl mobility. His bair and 0 lag fair rule

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
I think this should be good now. I am amazed at how many people posted in this thread O_O

1. Meta Knight
  2. Game and Watch
  3. Marth
  4. Lucario
  5. R.O.B.
  6. Ness
  7. Wario
  8. Peach
  9. Weegee
  10. Jiggs

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
I think this should be good now. I am amazed at how many people posted in this thread O_O

1. Meta Knight
  2. Game and Watch
  3. Marth
  4. Lucario
  5. R.O.B.
  6. Ness
  7. Wario
  8. Peach
  9. Weegee
  10. Jiggs
Luigi's lack of disjointed hitboxes and very low aerial horizontal movement speed keep him from being top-10. Instead, Toon Link should replace him, because of his good aerial movement and disjointed hitboxes. He also has an amazing bair, a very fast nair, a killer fair and uair, and a powerful dair.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Squirtle has a pretty good air game, not the best but better than most. Nice, fast, strong F-Air and B-Airs and U-Air and D-Airs are alright, again not the best, combo attacks.

Top Bottom