• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being Professional. Admins, Super Mods, Mods. Please Read this!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
There is a difference of asking to be a mod and asking to help people out, I just want to help. I didn't ask to be a mod that's the one thing I will not do is ask. I know how it works.
Yeah don't worry, people try to become mods by bashing people who they think want to become mods.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Okay. So let me tell you the basics.

Uh, I think that's what they call modding.
Okay, so let's say this quote above represents as a troll/flame or some clever post (Clever as in correcting you is some way you find arrogant). Responding to this may trigger the other to post/respond to yours. Thus, making matters worse. This is why you see pictures and rules saying, "don't feed the trolls". So remember, ignore them once and report them if they continue.

Also, if it's coming up to a flame that is on it's topic, be wary of it. If you find insults or sensitive sentences in a post, don't respond to it, just report without warning.

This will make the mods happy and make the forums a much more clear-minded place.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Uh, I think that's what they call modding.
It's called having a seat on the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee.

They do help, do they not?

You don't have to be part of the staff to be a helper.

And OP, you actually have the credentials to make a difference. Do you see the :report: button? That's your gateway to glory. Trust me, I am known to use it once in a while. I even earned the gold
button.

D

Deleted member

@browny, if you do the other pair first it might be a bit more obvious

No one doesn't get no modship by not asking.
everyone gets no modship by not asking.
everyone gets nothing if they ask, doesn't mean they get anything if they don't ask

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes.

And add a comment for them to understand the context.

They will discuss it, determine it, and if they feel infracting, lord save us the ban hammer is coming out of the shed.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm a nice guy, you can always pm me and tell me any situation.

I'll handle it. You just be careful when you're near Smart Alecks (trolls and whatever).
Blogs like these is why people do other stuff. Like the disco room.

I think I was like that and maybe I still am I guess. The only proof is that I was room banned from DR by how I post.
I post it bad. Like, bad bad. But not that bad, just.....bad.

mfw reading your post

BSP

Smash Legend
It's called having a seat on the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee.

They do help, do they not?

You don't have to be part of the staff to be a helper.

And OP, you actually have the credentials to make a difference. Do you see the :report: button? That's your gateway to glory. Trust me, I am known to use it once in a while. I even earned the gold
button.
Do you really get a gold report button?

And Tony T, if you're still wondering, report button is still the way to go

D

Deleted member

but my report button already looks like this
by default...

edit: @bsp it doesn't, check the image links

D

Deleted member

However, two negatives remain and cancel each other out, creating "get modship by asking."
there's a one sided implication [(not) asking => (not) getting modship], not an equivalence so you can't just cross out negations on each side.

other example
not being on the bus means I wont'be on time

doesn't mean actually getting the bus will make me be on time

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
there's a one sided implication [(not) asking => (not) getting modship], not an equivalence so you can't just cross out negations on each side.

other example
not being on the bus means I wont'be on time

doesn't mean actually getting the bus will make me be on time
Yes, but both asking and getting modship either have a "yes" result or a "no" result (You ask or you don't ask, you get modship or you don't get modship). Therefore, it would have to be the opposite.

Are you seriously still trying to figure out what I said?

:facepalm:
No

We're arguing over it

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
When canceling out the double negatives, you cannot use "No asking, modship" and "asking, no modship," as those have been shown to be false by the original sentence

D

Deleted member

do I reall have to type out the truth table for this?

let asking = A and Getting modship =B (I'll use ~ for negation)

we have everyone gets no modship by not asking, so ~A => ~B

1) ~A => ~B [durr]
2) ~A => B [false, but nobody's arguing that]
3) A => B [true] {technically it's ~~A}
4) A => ~B [Also true]

you're disputing (4) for no reason

NNID
Budget_Player
Link to original post: [drupal=5030]Being Professional. Admins, Super Mods, Mods. Please Read this![/drupal]

I see more and more people in serious topics trolling and spaming and flaming other people so that the topic gets locked for their shenanigans. Its not fair to the person who created the topic and those who are taking the topic seriously. Even though people get infracted for their wrong doing they still continue. This has been going on in AllIsBrawl and Smashboards for awhile now. If there is a way I could help and try to reduce what is happening I would do so. I dont want to see any more innnocent smashers get punsihed for someone elses mistakes.
If I may provide a counterpoint: often, the problem is the topic itself. Like, say, Arcansi's topic about limiting infinites/chaingrabs – the problem was not that a bunch of jerks went in there and ruined it, the problem was that the topic itself, however well-written and well-meant, was just ****ing stupid, and the next 30 pages or so was an assortment of people slamming their heads against the wall that was the OPs skull. Sometimes the problem isn't just that there are trolls, but also that the thread itself is really dumb.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
OR, and i'm just throwing this out there, the problem is the posters.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The reason UB is the way it is because all you people post in it.

Top Bottom