• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Before My First Tournament, Critique my Link!!!

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
OP updated with my Link vids. They definately aren't my best vids, especially the first one against Keys. Please critique so I can do better at my tournament! :)

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
OP updated with my Link vids. They definately aren't my best vids, especially the first one against Keys. Please critique so I can do better at my tournament! :)
If those aren't your best vids then I'm scared to see what you can really do :laugh:
Kick much arse Joe! Win or lose we'll still love you the same :)

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
My first tournament is on November 1st, and I'm pretty excited. As far as I know, I'll be the only Link main attending, and right now I don't plan on going straight Link throughout the entire tournament. (Marth, maybe Shiek) There will be a lot of good players there (S.O.L.I.D. and Anther) so I doubt I'll even place in the top, uhhh, 20.

So, any thoughts/advice/anything before I rep Link at my first major tournament??? (P.S. I will post videos in this thread if I can get them after the tournament is over)

For further critique:

vs. Lucas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYac9moIMmA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWc_sByySUM

vs. Diddy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCKsRGFXaK8

My friends and I took these vids about a month ago and I figured it would be good to post them. I know I used too much boomerang, but I was going through my "ZOMG JABLOCK" phase. :p
Alright so, you dodge A LOT. You dodge really well, but if you are going to spotdodge that much be sure to know when you can spot dodge. I would recommend playing every lv 9 computer like twice or something and just get used to which attacks dodging works well against. Like if that lucas used his dsmash while you were trying to dodge, you would have gotten owned. Umm, the bomb mind games were kind of predictable, like after a while it seemed like you were doing it for aesthetic reasons rather than mind games reasons...

You ledge hops were really good, your DACs were good, I do not remember you missing many if any, but you had a lack of ZAIRing. I guess versus Diddy and Lucas it is not the most useful thing, but you probably should get good at it for certain match ups. Personally versus Lucas I like blocking more than dodging, the only time blocking really gets me into trouble is when my brother is short hopping Lucas' nair, that thing has amazing shield pressure. But yea, your opponents are going to be much better than you friends are, so good luck. You have a really good Link though, just find better opponents.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Sry joe I won't be in town....

Lets make a promise though. When I do get back, We are going to a tourney together in the Chicago area.

We'll throw down some Link ****.....

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
first tourneys you always get nervous. Remember to play friendlies before hand. make sure you have someone to hang with too ;o

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Remember to play friendlies before hand.
O THIS

I totally forgot about this. If you loose (and you might considering it is your first) you won't have the right mindset to own in friendlies after the tourney. Especially since some people leave after tourney is over.

Get there early and **** the friendlies....

sasook

Smash Champion
Dang NintenJoe, you and I would have epic dittos.

EDIT: you have a much better off stage game than I do though.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
if the tourny hasnt alrdy happend yet, 1 good luck
Most diddys wont play like that, most diddys will spam bananas so you will have to ABUSE ur projectiles even more.

Top Bottom