• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beezo! Update! Shortened Rulez and Important Rulez!!!

yoshii

Smash Ace
This tournament is in a senior high rise which means I expect people to respect the senior citizens living in it. This means no yelling, screaming, kicking, etc... If this is a problem for anyone I will have to ask you to leave right away But I don' think that will have to happen. If one would happen to say hi or ask why you are here, please just be polite.I'm going to be tightening down on some rules that I feel need to be followed though.

First rule is that all trash must be thrown away, I put a large trash container out at the beginning of each tournament, yet people tend to leave behind lots of trash and snack wrappers.

Dont touch my computer. Come to me with results, I will record them, or have a trusted adversary do it.

Address: 320 2nd ave. s.e. Minneapolis, MN 55414

*its between the U of M campus and downtown Minneapolis, its easy to find. Mapquest it!

**When: January 3rd.**
11am-7pm. Try to be on time!
Call my cell once you arrive so I can let you in. 612-280-4381.
I reserved a big room for the tournament, there are lots of chairs, tables, please
bring setups, if you can! There is also a big screen tv we can use for finals, or
whatever. Tell all your friends! Its kinda on short notice...

Same rules as apply for the bi-weeklys. No surprises.

BRAWL RULES (This years St. Thomas bi weeklies)
Rule set update based on SWF's BackRoom recommendation:

General rules:
* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. (Same applies to Gannon)
* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
4. The first game is played, picking a stage by random.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Neutral Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick Stages:

Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Frigate Orphean
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar

Everything else is banned
Additional Rules for Double's Play
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

ENTRY FEES: $10 per person (singles), **$20 per team (doubles)**
Teams and Singles will both be double elimination
With the time constraint on these Beezos this means when the tournament is going, NO FRIENDLIES! ALL TVS MUST BE USED FOR THE TOURNAMENT!

*UPDATE* *PLEASE TRY HARD TO BE HERE RIGHT AT 11AM!!!
*EVERYONE MUST BE OUT OR MOVED TO ANOTHER LOCATION BY 7PM
*FOR EFFICENCY PURPOSES PLEASE HAVE YOUR MONEY READY RIGHT
AWAY. I WILL BE CHECKING YOUR NAME AND ADDED YOU TO
THE BRACKET AS SOON AS YOU WALK IN.
* A SETUP IS MOST APPRECIATED!!!
* THIS WILL GET DONE IN TIME, AND NO ONE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
God, I wish it was a little later. Lol, I'm JUST arriving back from Texas on that day at 1 pm.
Man, I'd love to attend, hahaha.

Yo, think I can sign up for some community service there? Lol, I can go do that for like, an hour then play some friendlies maybe, hahaha. xD

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Sweet guys. If you guys know you can make it for sure. Aarosmashguy said he'll take a day off of work so he can smash OoS

yoshii

Smash Ace
I love the Iowa interest! I dont want to detour you guys away form this tournament, but it is going to be mostly brawl. There will be brawl teams, brawl singles, then melee singles. I still need to change the rules...I do not like running two events at the same time. sorry.

Also just edited stage selection. I will have the counter stages on for everyone to look at so there is no confusion. (Props to SD!)

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
If anything, The people interested in Melee could run it by ourselves so it would get in the way of your guys tourney.

Tyser

Smash Champion
After December 25th, Ill see if I can fire up on this shit. Im really hoping for a good turnout. Ill try to bring my buddies from Iowa down here too. And yes, I only play Melee because Brawl isnt very good.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Nice man! I really appreciate it cuz I'm realy the only one left in Iowa that's interested in Tourneys for Melee.

Tyser

Smash Champion
If I go to this, people who are riding with me:

JBM
Uli
Love

I can get 1 or 2 more people. Im probably going to take my father's truck. Odds of me actually going to this tournament are slim though because of my mother and Im getting a full time job after December 19th so yeah.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to this as well.
Also I don't know what the hell you're talking about Love, I obviously go to Melee tourneys as well. Besides, I'm usually the one that ends up (unfortunately) driving. :ohwell:

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I'm probably going to this as well.
Also I don't know what the hell you're talking about Love, I obviously go to Melee tourneys as well. Besides, I'm usually the one that ends up (unfortunately) driving. :ohwell:
Well I put you on boarderline because your just really good at Brawl Doubles and I really don't see that much interest out of you to go to a Melee Tourney except that FFC one. I really appreciate it though for giving rides to people that want to play Melee.

Top Bottom