• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beast Coast TvC General Discussion

Reioumu

Smash Lord
You can use your PS2 sticks if you get a converter. I'm using a HRAP2 modded with Sanwa buttons with an old Nyko PS2 -> GC converter.

Polymar/Ippatsuman represent. wtf Greg, you use that team too?

Also Kashif, we be grindan that melty blood when it wins the player's choice at EVO :D

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Zero isn't the worst.

He just has a low damage output. (If that Cable thing is true, I'm sure the same will happen with someone from this game)
Well even if hes garbage it's disappointing.

Yeah I was hoping to like a new character that I haven't seen before and I'll be giving the game a shot this afternoon.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
TvC rules. We're having a TvC tourney now at c3? Cool. I won't enter, but I'll play friendlies. Kinda sucks cause I just bought my pad on ebay for cheaper then store price and it won't be in till like next week or two weeks. Oh yeah and I don't see why Zero is so hyped. He isn't that great in my opinion.

bajisci

Smash Ace
there any kind of tier list for the american version yet? i guess its too early too know. Im enjoying yatterman-1/jun the swan

frank west is a stupid character, dante should've been in it instead of him.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I use ken/morrigan. lol @ me changing my team in a day.

Edit: zero has some ridic combos if you have a stick. The things you can do w/ his buster and baroque ._.

sadly, GC controller makes his combos virtually impossible.

bajisci

Smash Ace
I use ken/morrigan. lol @ me changing my team in a day.

Edit: zero has some ridic combos if you have a stick. The things you can do w/ his buster and baroque ._.

sadly, GC controller makes his combos virtually impossible.
that sucks, i mean how many people own good wii sticks? quite annoying

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
if you can hold his a or b, while still comboing on the gc controller then you'll be fine.

I can't though lol.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I really should've got a stick when they came out...or bought one from my roommate before we parted ways....[/stupid]

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
So is this going to start getting play at Brawl tourney's, cause it should. I haven't played Brawl in a while but I could show back up if TvC was there.

In terms of tiers, well, there isn't a real list yet, but there is a general idea. JWong uses Jun/CHun and that's probably the best team in the game, really tough to beat. Casshan has the highest damage in the game with combos that deal like 35K for just one meter. And Ryu is just an all around beast. A lot of people think that Frank West is going to end up in top tier as well, but a lot of his stuff is hard to do, so it's gonna take some time to learn him.

On the bad side, Zero does no damage, like, absolutely none. He has good cross-ups and a decent rushdown, but he just can't hurt you. Alex was the worst character in the game in the JP version, and even though he got some buffs here, he still doesn't seem to good.

For controllers I use both a stick and classic controller, and they are both very effective. I couldn't even imagine using a GC controller. Must be rough.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Zero can drop 15.k BnB combos on people without meter. That's decent.

The charge isn't that hard to hold on Gamecube controller imo. Start a combo with A, hold it down, continue the combo with B and C and release when you're ready.

@ Spam: Old infinites are pretty nerfed in this game.

Frank West: Yup, he seems very awkward to learn, but seems to have a lot of potential. Might take him into training mode tonight.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Oh word? You Brawl people's play this?

I'm playing Chun Li as my main and I'm in the process of learning Ryu, Jun, and V. Joe for the assists. I think Joe has a lot of untapped potential so at the moment I'm going with Chun/V. Joe because they compliment each other very well.

V. Joe has that zoning/lockdown element that Chun just doesn't have. Plus his assist is actually more useful than people think. Taking damage/chip from your own assist to get Red Meter for Baroque cancels is where its at.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
someone should really be playing me at this moment
I'll play you later if you want. I'm trying to see if I can get a decent game of Wi-Fi going. So far half of my games with Rookie have been amazing and the other half have just been *** ... not even worth the time.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
my Roll is so sick. you guys really just do not know

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
So, Frank West already has a 100% kill combo, and I hear Jun can kill combo low health characters like Roll and Karas. Out for a week and we already have multiple kill combos. This game is gonna get crazy.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Ippatsuman was solid in the first game, and even better now. 50% health off of easy reset combos, for one bar. Yes, plz.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
So, Frank West already has a 100% kill combo, and I hear Jun can kill combo low health characters like Roll and Karas. Out for a week and we already have multiple kill combos. This game is gonna get crazy.
Those combos are more for show.

The Jun combos are character specific (Roll for her size and Tekkaman for his). You also have to realize that combos that long will never happen because the damage alone builds up too much meter for the opponent. The same goes for Frank. A lot of those combos are difficult to pull off mid-screen (usually needing a wall).

Nevertheless, they were awesome.

Polymer is so good in this game. Able to combo into overhead? Having one of the longest and most damaging ground combos = BBQ doing ********, stupid damage. He also has resets into his Super that causes the combo to refresh if performed correctly. He easily has the highest damage output without the use of a bar, but his only issue is getting "inside". He needs a really good assist character.

I'm trying to learn Yatterman-1 right now, but is hard as balls with the Gamecube Controller. Can't consistently do the DP motion in mid-combo. I heard a classic controller d-pad is way better.

Zero's strength lies in his cross-ups and ability to cause resets. He doesn't have a lot of damage output so learning how to combo an assist into his "Power-Up" Special is pretty important. I can definitely see this guy being scary.

Megaman still has the lamest and cheesiest keep away game. He's so good at a high level of play.

Yatterman-2 (Yattergirl?) is interesting just like Yatterman-1. Her damage output isn't that great and her health is pretty sucky, but she has a lot of strange and unusual set-ups and possibly unblockable set-ups if you use her Super correctly.

But yeah, as of now my favorite 3 are Roll, Jun, and T.Blade.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
When I get my hands on an ISO and get the USB loader I'm definitely playing.

My team looks like Kaijin/Chun-Li so far. It might change for the future.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Is Soki good this time around? I'd consider playing him, because he was a motha****ing MONSTER in Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (I am convinced that I am the only person in the world that has played this game).

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I'd say he's good. He has a truckload of HP, his sword hits from halfway across the screen, has a good defensive game with his counter and super armor attacks, and has severely damaging combos that dont require any bars or baroque. When I say severe I mean up there with Polymar. The only thing he lacks is speed.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I main Soki/Tekkaman, and they are both pretty solid characters. Soki has alot of range, deals good damage, builds meter quickly, and has a lot of interesting tricks he can pull. His obvious problem though is that he has no good high/low mixup, which makes it hard to land a hit against a competent opponent. I prefer to play him by being patient and punishing mistakes.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
So I was playing ranked matches online. I got matched up with Skyth, who apparently is 9th best on the rankings with like 6680 points. The first match we had was super clutch but i actually beat him with Ippatsuman and Soki (Oni mode FTW!). Then we had 2 more matches and he won but they were both really close as well =o

He used Alex/Soki and Tekkaman Blade/Karas btw

Top Bottom