• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BDC and Ike

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Buffered Dash Cancelling
A very simple and cool technique that may help improve Ike's speed and overall metagame.
I may be jumping the gun here, but I think BDC may be more useful to heavies than lightweights. I want to test this out so bad, but my Wii is no longer with me. :( But nonetheless, is this a technique worth incorporating into Ike's gameplay?

•Col•

Smash Champion
All of Ike's aerials are too slow to do this, except bair(unless you do full-hopped rising ones).

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ah, I guess it would, since it autocancels. I'm not sure why running around like this would be very useful anyway... <_<

It'd get predictable fast, and degrade the move, so w/e. xD It's fun to run and do the bairs though. It makes Ike look fast, lol.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I honestly think it depends on how fast Ike can go while doing this. He does have TL's aerial speed after all. I honestly think that this combined with Nair could help Ike's approaching a tad. It would be easy to switch it up between Nair and AD as needed. AD if being attacked, Nair to keep the opponent back. I guess you could move it easily into a RAR.....anyhow, you can also land it into either a shield or the sidestep -> jab with slightly more range. And jab having slightly more range doesn't hurt obviously.

Of course, this is all theorycraft.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it looks awesome and everything, but IMO I think Ike is better off spacing his attacks to avoid retaliation. Also, I don't think that Ike is the type of character who should be using that technique. Yes it may make him more intimidatingly fast, (lol) but I feel safer approaching my opponent carefully and analysing what they might do to me so I can counteract their actions accordingly.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
But think of the mindgames if this works like I think it can.

"Bah, it's just Ike. He'll move slowly with SH'd Fairs and Nai- OH SNAP he'smoveingfasticallhaxswhyamigettingapproachedbyikeisn'thesupposetobeslow!?!?!?"

Top Bottom