• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC plays MELEE http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255195

CONBO

Smash Rookie
Well that is really just disappointing to hear... we were all really looking forward to going to this tournament. We put in so much work getting ready for this tourney and planning around this thing that it is such a buzz kill now. We won't prolly make it to the Phoenix tourney I think we are going to a local tourney around us that weekend. Hopefully we can head up later in the Summer, but school is coming down to an end so maybe after the middle of May we can make it up. Its just to much of a hassle now to go up any another weekend. Have fun with melee.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Well that is really just disappointing to hear... we were all really looking forward to going to this tournament. We put in so much work getting ready for this tourney and planning around this thing that it is such a buzz kill now. We won't prolly make it to the Phoenix tourney I think we are going to a local tourney around us that weekend. Hopefully we can head up later in the Summer, but school is coming down to an end so maybe after the middle of May we can make it up. Its just to much of a hassle now to go up any another weekend. Have fun with melee.
We haven't actually settled on a date for Pheonix yet. If one weekend works better for you, say so in the thread (or tell me now), and we'll take it into consideration. =]

:005:

CONBO

Smash Rookie
Ya not paying for a venue is clutch. Lemme talk to the fellas a see what the deal is. But to be honest I don't know when we would be able to do it. Last day of school for us is May 7th. I'm pretty sure the majority of us all live on the westside of Washington. So it wouldn't be too bad of a drive.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ya not paying for a venue is clutch. Lemme talk to the fellas a see what the deal is. But to be honest I don't know when we would be able to do it. Last day of school for us is May 7th. I'm pretty sure the majority of us all live on the westside of Washington. So it wouldn't be too bad of a drive.
Why not just come for melee instead? :)

EDIT: I know Vish, Toph, and Paff are going. Do you know them?

CONBO

Smash Rookie
Ya definitely just looked at the calender and we all got stuff booked until we get out. Even if one of us were free no way we could get the whole crew out there (the 7 of us). Maybe during the Summer I guess.

CONBO

Smash Rookie
Haha I am not even competition when it comes to melee... last time I touched the game was on like Christmas and lets just say it wasn't pretty.

CONBO

Smash Rookie
Not to mention none of the other guys would want to play melee but me... and gas is quite expensive because it is a 8 hr drive to you guys

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Not to mention none of the other guys would want to play melee but me... and gas is quite expensive because it is a 8 hr drive to you guys
lol, where are YOU driving from? Seattle - Vancouver is about 3 hours, 4 if ur held up at the boarder and there's heavy traffic leaving Seattle/coming into Vancouver.

CONBO

Smash Rookie
lol, where are YOU driving from? Seattle - Vancouver is about 3 hours, 4 if ur held up at the boarder and there's heavy traffic leaving Seattle/coming into Vancouver.
We are driving from eastern washington lol. We go to school at Washington State University. It is 8 miles from Idaho. From Seattle to Pullman it is 4.5 hrs. so ya add 3 maybe 4 hours and it makes for a long *** drive....

CONBO

Smash Rookie
If the trip would only be 3-4 hours then I am certain that we would come up whatever the weekend. Sadly, its like 8 hours so we cant just go up when we want to. Got to plan this ish out.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
If the trip would only be 3-4 hours then I am certain that we would come up whatever the weekend. Sadly, its like 8 hours so we cant just go up when we want to. Got to plan this ish out.
I know how you feel. I gotta drive 4 hours for quality smash since I'm in mid BC. LOL

Almost directly above Spokane so it's a little gg for me too. And I'm even technically in this 'region'

Driving sucks sometimes >_> LOL

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Also, here is a list of Low/Bottom tier characters according to some of the great minds at SWF. This is what we should (ideally) allow at any of our low tier tournaments.

Low
Link 4.69
Pikachu 4.31
Young Link 4.15
Roy 3.60
Zelda 3.04
Game and Watch 3.00

Bottom
Ness 2.50
Yoshi 2.46
Bowser 2.17
Mewtwo 1.77
Kirby 1.50
Pichu 1.15

unityole

Smash Lord
Also, here is a list of Low/Bottom tier characters according to some of the great minds at SWF. This is what we should (ideally) allow at any of our low tier tournaments.

Low
Link 4.69
Pikachu 4.31
Young Link 4.15
Roy 3.60
Zelda 3.04
Game and Watch 3.00

Bottom
Ness 2.50
Yoshi 2.46
Bowser 2.17
Mewtwo 1.77
Kirby 1.50
Pichu 1.15

yea that helps alot i relaly no idea whos lowtier lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Haven't seen it since CAST4
It better be vicious, would expect no less.

None the less, PIKAPIKAPIKAPIKAPIKAPIKAPIKA

The Magic Squirrel is here. RUN!

Okanagan got this.

unityole

Smash Lord
events sequence:
10:00 am - Registration
10:30 am - Doubles / Falcon only
12:30 pm - Low tiers / Singles
02:00 pm - Singles / Melee beginners
05:00 pm - Ordering Pizza
06:00 pm - Melee beginners / Crews

and don't be late, late johns/ disqualification rules are on the 1st page 1st post...

also unconfirmed booshk and stevo =O

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I probably can't show up for money reasons (plus me heading to Pheonix Brawl 2 and BC plays melee)... but out of curiosity, what is the projected entrant count for each event? If certain games (*cough* 64 *cough*) look like there will be a high attendance, I may show up.

Edit: Pheonix is misspelt purposefully (well, technically I may not have misspelt it :p)

unityole

Smash Lord
I probably can't show up for money reasons (plus me heading to Pheonix Brawl 2 and BC plays melee)... but out of curiosity, what is the projected entrant count for each event? If certain games (*cough* 64 *cough*) look like there will be a high attendance, I may show up.

Edit: Pheonix is misspelt purposefully (well, technically I may not have misspelt it :p)
for 64 ffa im hoping to see at least 16 to 20 players entering it. with items on very high (hammer, pokeball and bobomb only) as for singles, there will be me, Evan, Matt, Teagan, Sean and maybe 2-3 more. at this point it is unlikely cause not enough entrants, but the ffa will happen for sure.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Interesting periodic table...

The scientists seem confused on a few things.

Okanagan will probs be coming up Friday night. It's tricky cause we have to go late enough to avoid hectic easter weekend traffic, but not late enough that it's after supper rush. LOL

Body count still fluid in all directions.

Top Bottom