• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I think we could have figured that one out. Let's try to keep this thread free for PR-related discussion.

Patooty

Smash Ace
FWIW, if I wasn't rusty, and I had my own controller, I would still estimate gucci's skill to be much higher than mine.

Sorry, I'm losing sight of where the line is between "I'm the best in the world lolol jokes", and "I honestly think everyone sucks but me".

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Not really
It's just skill is measured more than what you are capable of doing, its also how consistent you are in doing those things; just because I can do like 7 multi shines doesn't mean I'm good at doing them.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
If you've seen some of the things my falcon does, you would understand. sadly, only a select few have had this opportunity.

And yah, pretty much everyone sucks at this game, lol.
this

sometimes i turn around to look at a cat or something and like 2 of my stocks are gone and all i could remember hearing are knees and falcon punches

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I just realized now that you saying turrets isn't a Starcraft reference.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
Nah, panelists don't give a **** about OoS tournaments. Plus I'd have to get like 2nd or 1st for it to matter at all anyways. Or at least beat Otto or something.
being top 3 does mean something, u either beat otto, shane or teddy then u **** vish in 20$ falcon ditto n ur set for life. can retire

:phone:

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
No, I will shoot lasers and when the first one hits i will run away forever and keep shooting lasers. Too bad I still can't SH double laser after 20 years of playing this game. TOOO TECHNICAL.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
i like how that's your answer for everything, adam. I make a statement, oh, i'm bad, so i probably know nothing, let's prove it with a money match. You still owe me 20 dollars, why would i money match you?

Bc's problem is that there's very little community here. I've been here for a year now, and i've seen plenty of players, but there's very little feeling of a real community. There's too much ego, and too much animosity.

I don't think bc lacks talent at all. If sion, eric, and manuel played more often, i wouldn't be agreeing with kk(besides the fact that i think kk does a lot better vs falco than fox, dunno if that's true). As it stands, it's pretty clear that bc's dead scene isn't a product of having a smaller number of players or a fragmented player base. Ever seen az's player base? Or north carolina's player base?

It's the fact that there's no longer any motivation here. Nobody wants to run tournaments because it's a lot of trouble to find a venue that's free so that people don't have to pay venue fees. When they do, it's difficult to transport tvs around because so few people have a car. Even when that's done, there's no gratification for doing it either. How much **** do you talk to meta when he's singlehandedly gotten the venue and tv's for 90% of your tournaments in the past year? This is the only region i've been to where one or two people get a free venue, singlehandedly supply tvs, and get **** for it.

Oh, and then there's the attitude of "you suck, so your opinion doesn't matter" trash talk in this region. Then there's the attitude of "you play a floaty, god that's so gay" **** that goes around, and there's the "i'm so good even though i haven't been to a national in years, i could probably beat those guys" **** that we have to hear all the time.

So go ahead, adam. Take my money. Tell me how bad i am. Talk about how bc's top players are ****in ****. Blame it on not having enough players. It doesn't change anything.

I'm still pretty sure that kk would **** bc as is.

I'm still pissed at how you people treat each other.

And it's not going to change the fact that bc's scene will die if things don't change.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313256&page=2

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
To tell the truth thats how I felt about BC for a long time which is why I quit and moved on to another game and another community. People's ego is way to big and you don't learn anything and when theres a new player that comes in it shows off a bad atmosphere.
If you compare BC from when it was 3 years ago and now the ego meter jumped up so high. Remember when everyone tried to teach everyone something? Now its just "I'm the best at this and that so everything else is irrelevant."

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I entirely understand, John, it makes me so upset to see the community the way it is right now. When i first joined I was welcomed with open arms and everyone had something to say to me and how I could improve. What happened? Where did this ego boost come from? That's not to say everyone is acting that way, only a few individuals, myself included. I'm seriously considering moving on from the community because its in such a bad place. I think we all need to take a step back and take a look at how bc was before and how it is now. Back in the day people would pitch in and help the to's a great deal more, now we barely get enough people to bring a cube. On that note, you guys need to seriously back off on Evan, and I didn't want to name anybody but we all know I'm talking about mike. You've said some stupid things before to a few of us and i was willing to look past it, but for the little while that I have you haven't done anything for the community other than **** talk to other regions and make us look like even worse. I don't care how much of a joke it is, there are bad jokes that people take to heart, and you have a lot of them. calm down. On top of all this we have become crazy lazy, is nobody seriously going to try and host? If you can't do your house then let's look for venues. I've gone around asking and those guys want a lot of money for half the time, so far I've had no luck but I really don't believe i should be the only one doing this. There are more things I could say but I'm at school so ill stop here. Please, let's fix our community. I don't want to leave on such a bad note. I think everyone has the capacity to make bc great again.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
To tell the truth thats how I felt about BC for a long time which is why I quit and moved on to another game and another community. People's ego is way to big and you don't learn anything and when theres a new player that comes in it shows off a bad atmosphere.
If you compare BC from when it was 3 years ago and now the ego meter jumped up so high. Remember when everyone tried to teach everyone something? Now its just "I'm the best at this and that so everything else is irrelevant."
That's pretty sad especially from WC when I thought you guys were really nice and stuff. You just need to let go of who you are in this smash game and just be friends with others and teach them if they really want to learn, I've personally taken a step back too and just trying to see things for what it is and not what "The warrior" thinks, you know? lol.

dieslow

Smash Ace
wtf ppl still play this game?!

also anyone interested in $20+ winner-takes-all singles mini tournies?? eric/adam/mike/sion/manuella/whoeverthefkstillplays

i can host mons+tues+weds+thurs 3PM-11PM

holla plz

oh and chronic is supplied adam so ur $20 entry is not just a waste of $ i will smoke u out SON

Top Bottom