• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Well guys I have done this before, but this time it's for serious. I'm done with Super Smash Brothers. I have no time for it these days for pretty much what Micheal said (work, gf, other interests, etc.) and I have lost interest in the game overall (it was fun to play it a bit here and there for sure). I had a BLAST competitively with this game and meeting all the locals here and meeting people from all around the world! It has helped me developed as a person and the learning steps that took me to get as good as I am at the game.

Anyways perhaps I will see you around from time to time and check out how the smash community is doing. So... take me off the PR for I will be inactive and put Mike on there cause he deserves it.. lol. Goodbye for now everyone I will miss you all.

Blunted_Object10 signing out. =P
Had to come here to see it for myself!

GGs, Eric.

Thank you for introducing me to the competitive smash scene, helping me along the way, and everything else you've done for me and the rest of the community. This unique experience wouldn't have been possible without you <3

As for all the Vancouver players, I decided not to make a goodbye post some time ago and just consider myself inactive instead and give the game a chance to spark my interest again. I didn't want to be that guy who says he's quitting, then, ya'know .... etc etc. I think I speak for more then myself here though (being both part of Victoria and Okanagans smash scenes at some point) when I say the $100/per trip and 5-9 hours transit one way [Oka/Vic dependent] was worth it to meet and hang out with all you guys and play this amazing game.

Everything has its time though, and for me that time has past.

I'm in Vancouver often for squash tournaments, so I'm hoping to get out to a smash tournament and see you guys before the end of summer for old times sake. If not, if any of you are ever headed to the Island I'd gladly play again.

Daltsy out. *shoutouts to Eric again for the sweet exit line*
<3

I suppose I'm in a similar boat, and since this is in season...

Massive thanks to everyone for everything. Every moment was awesome and it's been a great thing to have a part of my life and to be a part of. Huge thanks to you two, Eric and Tim, as you both were some of the most significant parts of this than anything for me. Always will be. This isn't goodbye or anything, but continue to expect hugs every time I see you, and expect to see me sometime in the near/distant future, once in a while at least. I'll come by eventually... haha

I guess this is an overdue goodbye, but it was gradual and isn't a forever goodbye to anyone really, as I'll always be around and these forums were my main connection to the community anyway. I was never a massive center-point in activity in Vancouver so it's not a big deal that I haven't showed up recently, but I will be sure to come by and visit whenever I'm in Vancouver. It was awesome to have visitors over the last year too, the strong connection through this game always will be there. If anyone ever comes through the Okanagan, there's a groups of good friends here for you always. <3

For the most part, it was inevitable that I wouldn't be able to sustain bringing people back and forth for smash, and that I wouldn't have much reason to go there myself once I felt I did my part for the community there and here.

That being said, smash is actually thriving more in the Okanagan than ever but with Project M instead. The community is still part of my life but in a different way. I've been gravitating slowly towards a more coaching and helping side of the game for a long time, and over the last year I've been in regular bursts of contact with various players around the world for various reasons, smash and other. I've had the joy of helping some of the best players in the world become better both as players and people, and some of the best people I know become players and better people. This game shows openings that can bring out the true beauty of people in so many ways that show the diversity of that beauty. Will always love it and everyone, and it'll always be a part of my life.
All of you have played a massive role in this and made this possible for me. Thank you, you're all beautiful people, maybe a lil homo.

I'll show up once in a while, maybe in bursts and maybe in stretches. In the meantime, hope all is well with everyone, and if anyone wants to say hi or wants to visit or wants to discuss stuff just because, I'm reachable.

Everything has its time, and the time for smash for me in some sense has passed, other times have taken its place, and times will continue to change. Those times won't come again, but the times were amazing and will always be some of the best.

Take care! You're all awesome. <3

PS: This is on behalf of the entire Okanagan. Chrispy, Anthony, Jamie, Ben, the ancients kind of before my time like Tyler and Dave, and the brief players like Steve, Alex, David and Kris, and Kaelen who hasn't been around for ages, we all love you and massive thanks from all of us. Daltsy of course playing a great role for the Okanagan in the beginnings (my very beginning) and until the end, and AJs great part in it all, I think he's still active in the community here, but he loves you too I'm sure. hehe

Bamesy <3

Daltsy

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to mention Roby that some of the most fun I've ever had were at Xtreme smashfests <3

Waiting on certain people to post before I head out. In the meantime..

Roby your comments are generalized statements and it makes me feel like you misinterpreted some. We DO all get older, other things keep all of us busy, and everyone CAN theoretically make X time to show at some point in the future so that it 'sall good (a conveniently quaint approach to counter any smasher seeking disclosure from the community). This leads me to believe you assumed this is why I'm *quitting* (I cringe at the word being used by a smasher because of the way its conceptualized in our community and the inevitable infamous quote that follows [though to be fair, I was introduced into the community right around the time Forward {in}famously {[accidently]}
created it, so I'm just as guilty, using it affectionately as a joke over the last few years to others :) ]). Refer to previous reason involving sparking my interest, and nothing more.

To clarify, the words 'spark' and 'interest' in this context are really 'intrinsically motivated' and 'to play the game competitively'. Its either a yes or a no. If its a no, then by nature we as people will find other sources of interest to fuel that competitive fire. Its a simple concept, and results in predictable actions and reactions that can help predict future situations (such as a situation where you're not a part of something).

Anyways, I just had to make sure that the point of my last post was not lost in translation and was not meant to say goodbye. It was to pay tribute to the Vancouver smash community from an out of towner. Jamesy said it best when explaining the impact the Vancouver community has had on us out of towners, so there's no need to go into more detail. Thank you everyone, it was an interesting experience to meet each one of you and I look forward to seeing you all again :)

Matt I LOL'd at your last comment. Ive been ***** by you plenty as well though, especially once you started to stop pushing X from the ledge as ganon into knees ;)

Also special shoutouts to my boys (in alphabetical order): Alex20, Brennan, Calvin, Daze, Diefast, Flaire, Francis, Howard, Jaime, Jugsmaster_69er, Mad J (all ****le), Terror Bird, Tom, and the Okanagan, who all at one point or another (and some still hopefully for the foreseeable future) went to Vancouver and really appreciate what you guys have done for us.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Just wanted to mention Roby that some of the most fun I've ever had were at Xtreme smashfests <3

Waiting on certain people to post before I head out. In the meantime..

Roby your comments are generalized statements and it makes me feel like you misinterpreted some. We DO all get older, other things keep all of us busy, and everyone CAN theoretically make X time to show at some point in the future so that it 'sall good (a conveniently quaint approach to counter any smasher seeking disclosure from the community). This leads me to believe you assumed this is why I'm *quitting*
actually I was subtly referring to Eric when I said "nobody really quits" lol. I didn't put that towards you at all, since I know you'll always be down to smash if you're around van. =D

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Well guys I have done this before, but this time it's for serious. I'm done with Super Smash Brothers. I have no time for it these days for pretty much what Micheal said (work, gf, other interests, etc.) and I have lost interest in the game overall (it was fun to play it a bit here and there for sure). I had a BLAST competitively with this game and meeting all the locals here and meeting people from all around the world! It has helped me developed as a person and the learning steps that took me to get as good as I am at the game.

Anyways perhaps I will see you around from time to time and check out how the smash community is doing. So... take me off the PR for I will be inactive and put Mike on there cause he deserves it.. lol. Goodbye for now everyone I will miss you all.

Blunted_Object10 signing out. =P
Eric eventually you're gonna have some free time, and wanna go to a tournament just to hang out with people or play the game. Maybe not this summer, maybe not this year. But eventually so there's no point in making that "im quitting smash" post for the 5th time. -.-

A middle line exists between playing every day and not playing at all... :glare:

I know you feel like you should beat silent wolf, mango, and all those top players cause you played for a long time and practiced always trying to improve. The harder you try and more emotion you put into winning against them, only makes it suck that much more when you don't win.

I honestly don't believe you lost interest in melee, you just lost interest in being second to others after all these years. And if you just play casually like I suggested then it will remain that way. Not trying to offend you or anything, maybe im a ****** who doesn't know anything but just trying to help since at my first tournament in 2005 I had you first round and you beat me. And ever since then I've been trying to improve to be better then you, but every time I got better so did you.

Violence

Smash Lord
It's sad that we're losing so many great players.

But at the same time, we can now say that BC has quite a few hidden bosses.

Enjoy your hidden boss status, guys. The perks include instant upgraded seeding on return to any random tournament in the region, and instant hype when you beat a new ranked player.

I know I'll see you guys again sometime, let's play again whenever it happens.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
WA has the ultimate hidden boss. We have gimpyfish! He's like the boss of the last secret dungeon you unlock and he guards the main character's ultimate weapon.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LOL I did that with silentspectre at genesis 1. I legitimately lost my voice yelling during his matches in the crew battle, then I got a throat infection and was sick for 2 weeks. ****.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I pretty much quit too, like in January, lol.

But I never did anything special. :bee:

And I played mad gay. :awesome:

And definitely shoutouts to Daltsy and Bamesy.

Since you two are awesome! <3

And especially Blunted for also being amazing at life taking me under his wing.

Yay cool people club! :D

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
imo melee gets way more fun for many reasons as i improve at the game :) also so psychologicaly rewarding too as my fun is to win and get better at same time then fight really good players n try to beat em. this is why i cant quit this game lol. im always hungry for more skill and consistentcy. my expectations r high n i love to challenge even the best cuz i know in my mind i can beat them, its possible and i will succeed eventually if i keep trying. i wont stop playing till im the best and everyone acknowledges it heh!

:phone:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Daltsy, it's been a pleasure, brah. Unless you're in town during summers/christmas I might not see you very frequently! Keep up the good work. I will always remember our whistling/singing on our way to Alberta with James. And our random chats. Take care.

My time is coming up too, but not quite yet, I think... I must avenge WC Canada before I hang up the controller.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Manuel, if you ever quit, think of all the lasers that will go un-powershielded. D:
LOL

and I'm somewhat sad to hear that a BC is "losing" most of their top players in some way or another, but I guess change is not always a bad thing. I also do not really understand the whole "I'm quitting" thing, as Alberta has pretty much retired from smash years ago, but we still get together and play every now and then.

Maybe Alberta can keep up with you guys now if we ever have a tournament together.

I also don't know how anyone could quit melee forever after the hype Zenith matches on the weekend (if anyone saw them).

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I'm gonna be the first to say it since nobody else has the balls to, but Noobking, your wins on top players are janky as **** LOL.
A win is a win. I don't see how they were THAT janky. I beat otto and sion when they were using their mains for at least the 3rd match of the set. I dont wanna hear ***'n jonz. LOVE YOU BRO <3

-Noobking

Diakonos

Smash Lord
By the way, because the community has not officially accepted you fellas as panelists, I am actually going a bit far in uploading this and legitimizing it in any way. It's only because I think most people agree it's a decent list that I do it.

You guys are interim panelists until you are formally accepted. I would also like to see Sion as panelist, even though he tends to make it only to tournaments.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Alrighty, I'm just the messenger here. I don't mind taking some time to edit the list/upload it/edit the post, but I'm not interested in politics, fellas.

I am not for this "oh I don't want to be on PR" business. Being ranked is a testimony to one's improvement and current skill level. Wanting to not be ranked is frequently out of poor intentions and is, usually, childish. It also suggests an autonomy/individuality that is the reason why the community has struggled a bit in the past while: everyone is concerned with themselves, how they look, what they want, etc. rather than thinking what's best for the BC community. The PR is supposed to nurture BC smash (see 1st post) -- let it happen.

I don't want to "force" anything, but I leave this to your discretion. Think about it for a day or so and let me know if you still want to be taken off, Mike. The same goes for the usual suspects (*cough hitsujohnga*).

booshk

Smash Lord
man, that is one janky PR LOL
i think you should've talked to sion first, manuel!
but whatever you want to do, doesn't seem like he's very active anyways : P

man bc :(
seems like only the top players are losing interest in the game, for some reason

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Lol yeah booshk long time no see. I might actually come to a tourney soon, when's the next one? I think it's been over a year since I've been to one.

Top Bottom