• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Yo BC,

BC and WA should fuse together and combine our skill so that players from our regions can perform better at nationals. We gotta feed off eachother since we're so close to one another. Basically, we gotta show that cali isn't the only pac west giant.

Our next tourney is aug 6th. If you guys are planning anything please let us know so that we can budget stuff for it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Man Noobking, you missed such an awesome tournament, I'm disappointed! I hate all Canada atm for choking so hard. Leaving me to rep alone and 0 support!!

Violence

Smash Lord
I agree with the points you've made. I thought dbr did a mediocre job of balancing pools, but at my level, that shouldn't really matter. 1st and even 2nd pools should be auto advance and the pools become more balanced at that point. Rankings become relevant after 2nd pools (assuming theirs 3rd pools and then bracket) because all the scrubs are knocked out by that time. Some lucky few may squeak by but by the time it hits brackets, you're left with ONLY good players. I guess it comes down to the fact that not all of us do attend nationals. Step your game up bc =P

:phone:
Yo Adam...

Here was Evan's second round pool:

Silent Wolf
Fly Amanita
Darkatma
Tai
Meta
Falcomist
Gishnak
Bacon

Nice autoadvance?

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
Silent Wolf - ok
Fly Amanita - ****
Darkatma - omg one of the most **** shieks in the world
Tai - just as **** as manuel, ranked 3 on arizona pr below axe and gamerguitarist. for those who didnt go they will never know how good these of players are
Meta - ok
Falcomist - lol
Gishnak - n00b
Bacon - ok

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Mike. Otto is like the best player on that list, lol.

Tbh, if i was on my game, theres no way i wouldnt make it out of that pool. Of course the likely scenario is that i'd choke under the pressure and not make it out.

idk adam, i think you might be underestimating some of them.

me and fly would **** you
tai and atma would beat you (tai beat shane, atma beat lucky and lucien)
falcomist is also really good.

Violence

Smash Lord
Like... even if I were to completely agree with you, Adam, you have to at least admit that this **** is in no way auto-advance.

And this is Round 2, for ****s sake.

I'm just trying to get you to understand, **** was stacked there. Whatever comparisons you want to draw to other nationals, I think the pools lists speak for themselves.

And like, I really don't know how you can say that money shouldn't be an issue when it comes to going out of region for events. I had to save up for a few months, it was a big commitment, you can't honestly expect everyone around here to do the same, especially when people have completely different financial situations.

How did you expect to get to Genesis if Mike didn't offer to pay for everything?

On a different note, I'm starting to save up for APEX, and I plan on going this year. Anyone else thinking about it?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Otto, i've gotten better. Just say'n. Yah it would'nt be "auto-advance", but i have alot more confidence than i used to.

Eric.. <3

i'd love to go to apex if i can save upnenough money for sure.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
6th won't get you out of Pools though, you would need at least 4th to progress. It's like Mario Kart 64.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Otto, i've gotten better. Just say'n. Yah it would'nt be "auto-advance", but i have alot more confidence than i used to.

Eric.. <3

i'd love to go to apex if i can save upnenough money for sure.
If you've gotten better, why aren't you ranked in BC? lol. There's a logic, if none of the lower BC ranked players made it out, what makes you think you can if you are unranked?

Sion

Island of Horizon
you guys talk as if everyone's power level in bc is stationary

adam gets better, but so does everyone else

another tournament would probably solidify things

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
well adam in the past few tourneys you've lost to everyone from 5th to 10th (excluding bw) at least once

and you were gonna be on tenth

but you ragequit

cause you didn't want to be me lol forever 10th

john requested to be off while he was at 5th, you requested to be off at 10th.

bit o' diff

but in all honesty I think adam could have made 3rd round pools, I choked hardbody and I don't think adam would have(choked that is)

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I swear, nothin like kicking back and reading the good ol' bc pr thread for discussion/argument/drama lol. This stuff deserves to be on maury or something LMAO

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
lmao no doubt

adam is the father

also violence, I can't...so expensive, might go to whatever instalment of whatever big tourney pound 57 or whatever

Top Bottom