• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #22: Sheik

Judo777

Smash Master
The Sheik boards are bad >_<. I posted a video of a Sheik player who could be the best you've had, and no one responded...

Good stuff Ed, I enjoyed your post.
What do u want us to say? I mean the guy seemed to be good but unless u ask for a critique I didnt feel compelled to compliment the guy especially when he didnt post the vid lol

Also i believe thats the same Reaper that Armada beat in his sets in our thread a while back and Armada had a very good sheik but idk if its the best sheik.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
What do u want us to say? I mean the guy seemed to be good but unless u ask for a critique I didnt feel compelled to compliment the guy especially when he didnt post the vid lol

Also i believe thats the same Reaper that Armada beat in his sets in our thread a while back and Armada had a very good sheik but idk if its the best sheik.
I said “could” be the best sheik...

Why would you give compliments to someone ONLY if they posted their own video? That's pretty ignorant to think considering that the player lives in another country and probably doesn't speak English.

My goodness, what has happened to the sheik boards?

Renki

Smash Journeyman

Essentially, we're dead. Bear in mind, there's realistically only a handful of Sheik players, and then you have to take into account that there's less competent tourney level Sheiks(actually, in reality the number of Sheik players and competent Sheiks is very close since there's so few of us anyways, lol.)

With basically repeating what Ed said, there's so many ways of going about how to play Sheik that giving critiques on a vid seems...wrong really. The main critique what we Sheiks can give is improvement on fundamental basics, punishment(though, if you're playing Sheik and can't figure this out, you're in trouble), etc.

Judo777

Smash Master
I said “could” be the best sheik...

Why would you give compliments to someone ONLY if they posted their own video? That's pretty ignorant to think considering that the player lives in another country and probably doesn't speak English.

No i think u misunderstand me. I wouldn't compliment him cause he didn't post the vid therefore he probably wont see my compliment. Me complimenting him would be the same as me telling you that he is good. which you obviously already kno. Had he have posted the vid im sure he would read my post but me telling you seems kind of pointless. And as you said he probably doesnt speak english so he can't even read my compliment. I think before i post i promise.

And i wasn't saying he couldn't be the best i just pointed out who he was playing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't really see the point of commenting on a single video, either, lol. Until the "best Sheik" is also "best of his/her region" it's merely a superficial title, anyway. What do you want us to say? He played solidly and has good fundamentals?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I didn't respond because that MK (Light) looked pretty mediocre.

*down smashes a million times in place*

BTW, in case you guys don't know (and judging from videos I've seen maybe people don't), you can always punish dsmash on shield with dash attack and you can even punish the front hit of dsmash with dash grab.

You can also punish fsmash (!) if you power shield it but that's pretty hard to do.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Nah it's cool, maybe I misunderstood you guys. I have to keep in mind that it's a small board, so most talk is already understood by everyone else. Ed's post was amazing, and I still think Sheik/Zelda is top 12. Having the ability to punish things that other characters can't makes the character close to top tier alone, but since their are other good characters in Brawl, Sheik is most definitely high tier. I think the American list is jacked-up, and sadly will stay that way.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Sheik/Zelda is nowhere near top twelve what the ****.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
If you read my post, you would understand and also understand that I'm not pushing for it. I'm only stating how I feel.

You're from TX right? Go play Light if he wants to play or even talk to Dphat about me. We have the ability, just no rep.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I also feel she's got a lot more potential than she's showing at the moment. Lightning fast moves and quick movement make her one of the best punishers in the game imo. The fact that she doesn't get ***** by MK is pretty cool too.

Killing is clearly her biggest issue, and it doesn't help that she's really light herself with a recovery that isn't the best at getting back onto the stage safely. It would have been really cool if Zelda weren't complete garbage - this character might be a lot better. As it stands, it looks like most Sheik players don't consider the increased kill power worth the cost of having to play Zelda, and understandably so.

are u friggin crazy zelda doesnt suck zelda only "sucks" when u try to fish for kills but if u take ur time and treat zelda as u do sheik (a punisher) then you get the kill surprisingly fast its really not that hard with zelda but i still <3 sheik more

Top Bottom