• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Including Vietnam)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
The SV98 is pretty **** awesome as well. Its a beeffed up M24. About to unlock the 12x scope soon.
Wait, what?

Checking the stats, the SV98 is LESS powerful and LESS accurate than the M24.
And all the other bolt action snipers

It does have the highest clip-size and Rof though, but that is not something to be looking for in a long range weapon.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This game is pretty good, although the sprinting feels a bit stiff and turning is a bit hard.

I increased my sensitivity and it seems to have helped.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
I'm loving this game's multiplayer, but the single player is pretty forgettable. It seems DICE's idea of "maturity" is having the characters swearing every other sentence.

Anyway, if someone wants to play with me on the ps3 version, my psn is SimaMatty. I do not have a mic though. I like playing as engineer and assault the most.

On an unrelated note, anti tank mines are the most satisfying thing with the engineer lol

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
this game is great, the campaign is fun and humorous, and multiplayer is so awesome!

add me on XBL: bluestar149

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm loving this game's multiplayer, but the single player is pretty forgettable. It seems DICE's idea of "maturity" is having the characters swearing every other sentence.

Anyway, if someone wants to play with me on the ps3 version, my psn is SimaMatty. I do not have a mic though. I like playing as engineer and assault the most.

On an unrelated note, anti tank mines are the most satisfying thing with the engineer lol
Reminds me of Gears of war. Yeah, but I'm liking this game. The Multiplayer is great, I'm in the top 3 almost every match. Takes a while to level up, though.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Wait, what?

Checking the stats, the SV98 is LESS powerful and LESS accurate than the M24.
And all the other bolt action snipers

It does have the highest clip-size and Rof though, but that is not something to be looking for in a long range weapon.
All bolt action snipers are 1 HKO Headshots, and with the X12 scope it compensates for the "lack" of accuracy which is almost minimal.

The high ROF and Clip size make the SV98 the almost perfect sniper weapon. It can out gun other bolt actions and give much needed long range cover fire for M-Com station attacks or defends.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
All bolt action snipers are 1 HKO Headshots, and with the X12 scope it compensates for the "lack" of accuracy which is almost minimal.

The high ROF and Clip size make the SV98 the almost perfect sniper weapon. It can out gun other bolt actions and give much needed long range cover fire for M-Com station attacks or defends.
If the SV98 suits you well, fine. The GOL is more of my sniper.

And of course, I'll be aiming for accuracy, not RoF (like only some of actual videogame players).

S

smash brawl player 99021

Heck, I don't (haven't) even tried half the snipers. Other than that first one you get. Did anyone else try the extra gun you get for the limited edition? I think it was a Thompson, but I'm not sure.

Darkslash

Smash Master
If the SV98 suits you well, fine. The GOL is more of my sniper.

And of course, I'll be aiming for accuracy, not RoF (like only some of actual videogame players).
I checked the stats, the GOL is faster than the SV98. And since the GOL is my next unlock, I may change my mind with its "perfect" accuracy. I may get better kills from a accurate rifle.

Though the M95 seems attractive enough, shooting people out of cars and heli's sounds fun.

Heck, I don't (haven't) even tried half the snipers. Other than that first one you get. Did anyone else try the extra gun you get for the limited edition? I think it was a Thompson, but I'm not sure.
The extra gun is a pretty high level unlock. Glad I got it early. It was worth it too. The Thompson + M1911 kicks major ***. It's a great alternate to the Medics early MG's and the 9A-19 for the egineer's.

Or once the EA store gets back online, I can get my AKS-74U and start playing engineer, since I mostly use recon for my anti tank needs, becuase nothing is more better than a tank driving into your motar strike.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I checked the stats, the GOL is faster than the SV98. And since the GOL is my next unlock, I may change my mind with its "perfect" accuracy. I may get better kills from a accurate rifle.

Though the M95 seems attractive enough, shooting people out of cars and heli's sounds fun.

The extra gun is a pretty high level unlock. Glad I got it early. It was worth it too. The Thompson + M1911 kicks major ***. It's a great alternate to the Medics early MG's and the 9A-19 for the egineer's.

Or once the EA store gets back online, I can get my AKS-74U and start playing engineer, since I mostly use recon for my anti tank needs, because nothing is more better than a tank driving into your mortar strike.
Yeah, I checked estimated stats, and outside the SV98, all bolt action rifles does anywhere between 70 (GOL) and 79 damage (M95) (the SV98 does 50). This means that the most major difference in power is how well you can clean up with a pistol (dependent on the pistol of course, the M9 does 20 damage, making it require two shots to down a hurt person with the 3 more powerful rifles).

I do not see any purpose for the M95 sans the fact that you get special skins for it in the upcoming DLC.While You can shoot through glass, so can the M24. Outside possibly the Colt M1911, the more common pistols (the M9 and the non-revolver Russian handgun [forgot it's name, sorry]) take two hits to clean up a death with the more powerful bolt actions. It also has lower accuracy and ridiculously slow RoF (the slowest in fact) in contrast to the other 3.

Glad you got the Thompson & Colt early, they do serve you good for the medic and Engineer class, 'specially since their good weapons don't come 'till later (I am referring to the SCAR-L & XM8C for the engie, and the M-60 and clip based Machine guns for the medic).

Outside nailing a poor soul with some C4, you are pretty much correct.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yeah, I checked estimated stats, and outside the SV98, all bolt action rifles does anywhere between 70 (GOL) and 79 damage (M95) (the SV98 does 50). This means that the most major difference in power is how well you can clean up with a pistol (dependent on the pistol of course, the M9 does 20 damage, making it require two shots to down a hurt person with the 3 more powerful rifles).
Ahh those stats are wrong. They changed it to higher damage ratings. The M95 has a slightly faster bullet speed than the other rifles, and the GOL has "perfect accuracy" and the fastest ROF. Plus all the bolt action snipers have the same ammount of rounds (30).

The M1911 also out guns the REX so it really depends where you shoot the gun as well. All the other pistols suck with exception of the M93 Burst. A general rule of thumb is that it takes around half a clip to kill some one in the chest.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Oh, didn't know that. Besides, they were estimated, not the actual stats (& from the Beta too)
And I never said anything about total ammo differences

Yeah, except that the Rex has M9 power rounds with a larger clip (17-12, so it is more like a1/3 to 1/2)
And also, when it comes to a snipers sidearm, I actually DON'T aim for power, since the more powerful handguns have the smallest clip-sizes (7 is a little too small, 17 isn't), so I prefer the 443 as a sniper's sidearm to the colt.

But again, your decision.

D20

Smash Lord
I roll with the M95 simply because it sounds like a cannon. I do not notice a difference in accuracy between the GOL and the M95... but that is probably because I am still very bad at the game. I have shot 2 people out of choppers with the M95, and it was mostly dumb luck. I am still trying to figure out the timing/drop-rate on longer range shots. Does anybody know at what distance the bullet drop needs to be taken into account? What distance constitutes a marksman head-shot?

At any rate, the game is fairly fun. It feels considerably faster than Battlefield 2, which was the last FPS that I played competitively. My reaction time is terrible.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
At about 64 meters (don't ask me how much that is, I still suck at judging distances in video games [and somewhat in real life, like most people]), all Guns experience their lowest damage output. I am guessing that at this point bullet drop needs to be taken in Severe consideration (the amount varies with the gun, with more accurate guns requiring less compensation).

Still, even with magnum ammo (which raises accuracy, not firepower), and a 12x scope slapped onto the GOL, you can't aim AT their head, but you can get away most of the time for aiming at that triangle that appears once you spot them (how low, again, dependent on accuracy [more accurate, closer to head])

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
EAT's servers are horrible. I tried playing Rush with my friends tonight and I couldn't for 2 reasons:

1. Whenever I tried to join their game, and it was a map from the map pack 1, it said I needed to enter my VIP code (which I already did) and download the maps.

2. Whenever I tried to play with randoms, and it loaded the game, I chose the "put me in a squad!" option and then while it was loading me into the squad, it booted me back to the dashboard.

I got fed up so I went back to MW2. (poor me)

EDIT:

http://twitter.com/OfficialBfbc2

"EA Online is currently investigating an outage of the servers that affects a number of EA games. A fix will be done as soon as possible."

>.>

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
EA's online is pretty ****ty.

Anyone want to start a squad? I hate playing with randoms. Some are good, i'll add them. Some annoy the hell out of me. I'll throw out health packs and they'll run away. so annoying lol.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I played a few rush games today. Unfortunately, I got kicked from the game because I could no longer connect to "EA Online".

Oh well.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Haha wow. The M95 is a beast. I shot some poor sap out of a BHawk, and it was so awesome. The M95 is great at taking down those pesky UAV's as well. I feel so powerful with that rifle.

Also unlocked the AN94. I thought I would hate it but i'm totally enjpying the burst fire.

EDIT: I totally remembered I got a surprise double kill with the M95 in Arica Harbour. I just saw 1 guy, but then a guy must of ran by becuase the game said I got 2 kills.

M95 is love.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I was playing a rush game this morning and I got to our team's UAV first, and I managed to keep it alive for 20 minutes. lol they tried shooting it down but they gave up after a while and I kept on killing them and spotting them for my teammates.

My team just moved in, planted the bombs at the sites. The enemy did eventually shoot it down. :x

S

smash brawl player 99021

Am I the only one that is awful at controlling Helicopters? :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Maybe. I've never tried driving one of those things. I probably will someday. I just don't want to crash into the ground or something and kill everyone in the vehicle.

:laugh:

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i personally try to stay away from vehicles : ). though i have bumped into quite a few people that REALLY sucked at controlling the helicopter. as soon as we lifted off the ground, the dude went into reverse and crashed, everyone bailed out but we were too far into the restricted zone to come back. *sigh*. i just stick to driving the four-wheelers.

I just unlocked the M95 like 20 minutes ago. That gun is ****ing amazing lol. I was actually able to get 37 kills in a squad death match with it. SICK.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
You're not alone, I'm terrible too and don't even bother. I just wait for someone that knows how to and hop on the guns. It sucks when the pilot bails early/is killed, so that means one of the gunners has to switch and pilot it themselves. I've tried this once and it uh, didn't end too well to say the least!

Speaking of things not ending well, I had a dumbass enemy in a transport vehicle on the desert map drive right in front of my tank today (as in he RAMMED me lmao). Needless to say I shot him down for free points, but it really makes me wonder why the hell someone would do that, lol. Never underestimate the public's stupidity, I guess.

Which reminds me, for recons that have BALLS (which are the only good recons) you should totally plant your quad with c4, drive it into the enemy territory, and wait for a sucker to get on it. It's absolutely hilarious how people just get on the vehicle without thinking twice and then having their **** explode in an instant. Not really productive, but man everytime I do that I just crack up thinking how the other guy is reacting. it works with any vehicle but I've gotten best results with quad bikes.

D20

Smash Lord
Which reminds me, for recons that have BALLS (which are the only good recons) you should totally plant your quad with c4, drive it into the enemy territory, and wait for a sucker to get on it. It's absolutely hilarious how people just get on the vehicle without thinking twice and then having their **** explode in an instant. Not really productive, but man everytime I do that I just crack up thinking how the other guy is reacting. it works with any vehicle but I've gotten best results with quad bikes.
This. One C4 is enough to take down a chopper. I just drive in, set a C4 on the chopper, hide behind a wall, and wait for it to disappear from my mini-map. If I remember correctly, it takes two charges to destroy a tank at full health.

Occasionally, I'll throw two on a quad and drive it into a tank. If you ditch your ride at the right moment, you can easily destroy the tank and survive.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I'm horrible at piloting Apache's, but I'm pretty good when it comes to Bhawks.

SimaMatt said:
Reminds me of the totally Jihad material Commando's back in BF2. They would make Humvees into "Jihad Jeeps" and drive them right into tanks. Needless to say, the tatic was very sucessful.

Also taking down Choppers with the TOW missile just rocks.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That missile thing where you have to aim it will never hit anything. I swear to god, I keep the aimer over the helicopters and it always misses. :mad:

Darkslash

Smash Master
So guys, if your interested just post your PSN's and when ever you have a mic or not. Imagine the havoc we could pull off.

Plus I need Et tu Brute as well. Lol.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Xbox Live Tag: xIcee
And yes, I have a mic.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Had a great night tonight. Got as far as the F2000 in a few matches. Such a fun game. I need to play with some of you all soon!

JDM

Smash Champion
PSN: JDMYOSHIOKA

Level 20. I use Medic/Engineer as my main but I'm doing some recon right now because I like to unlock things.

I have no mic. I'll get one soon though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Played 4 games of Rush this morning. Got the medal where you're the top player.

I got it 3 out of 4 games. :D

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
I said it earlier, but my PSN is SimaMatty. I like playing as engineer and assault the most and Recon is a guilty pleasure (don't worry I don't sit back like a wuss and snipe). Unforetunatly I have no mic, but shoot me an invite if you'd like to play.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I experienced a glitch today. I planted a charge at one of the bomb sites and I was waiting in a corner to catch anyone off guard. Some guy runs in, I ADS and shoot him and the game begins to lag and it becomes a slideshow for about 5 seconds and the guy kills me too. After that, the game sound stopped working. Like it was silence after that.

o_O

S

smash brawl player 99021

Reasons Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 2:

1. Much better spawns. Overall, playing this game, I've been Spawn Killed about 2-3 times. And that was only because I spawned with some idiot in my Squad.

2. More Realistic. Bullets dropping, hit detection, weapon range, the list goes on.

3. Much greater connection. I've never experienced lag (maybe once) with this game, which is a huge differential with MW2.

4. Overall more skill required. More strategy, more teamwork involved, etc.

Feel free to edit anything about this.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Reasons Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 2:

1. Much better spawns. Overall, playing this game, I've been Spawn Killed about 2-3 times. And that was only because I spawned with some idiot in my Squad.

Agreed x Infinity.

2. More Realistic. Bullets dropping, hit detection, weapon range, the list goes on.

I hate realism. I still prefer CoD4/MW2 where if you shoot someone, the bullet will instantly hit them and they will die. I'm still getting used to BFBC2's bullet drop.

3. Much greater connection. I've never experienced lag (maybe once) with this game, which is a huge differential with MW2.

Agreed x Infinity.

4. Overall more skill required. More strategy, more teamwork involved, etc.

Maybe. You can work together as a team too in MW2 but it's more rewarding in BFBC2 IMO.

Feel free to edit anything about this.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Top Bottom