• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Including Vietnam)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Alright, i'm adding SimaMatt and JDM. My user names the_turtl :) i play medic and recon the best, but currently, i'm trying to upgrade my assault and engineer classes. I HATE the engineering class.

I don't have a mic...

I agree with icydeath :). I still have minor problems with the game, but overall, the online is amazing. I think the the bullet dropping/leading your shots are the most satisfying kills in the game ^_^

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Today, I killed an enemy by shocking him with my defibrillator. I did it for teh lulz. It was worth it. :)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Today, I killed an enemy by shocking him with my defibrillator. I did it for teh lulz. It was worth it. :)
Lol, thats nothing...I think. I had to drill 5 different people before getting a Headshot with it, getting the Dentist. But then again, you shouldn't do that. The manual says you shouldn't use the defib for your sick entertainment.

Also I finished the Assault class. The m16A2 is so fast I can't tell if its a burst or a Automatic.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
This game is beyond amazing. The sense of realism in this game is insane. It blends sooooo smooothly into gameplay that it doesnt break it but makes it a challenging game. I love this game now brah i just got it 2 days ago.

My god, I hope more people get hooked on to this game. This could save console fps's. It's that **** good.

bad company 2 > mw2

S

smash brawl player 99021

Reasons Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is better than Modern Warfare 2:

1. Much better spawns. Overall, playing this game, I've been Spawn Killed about 2-3 times. And that was only because I spawned with some idiot in my Squad.

2. More Realistic. Bullets dropping, hit detection, weapon range, the list goes on.

3. Much greater connection. I've never experienced lag (maybe once) with this game, which is a huge differential with MW2.

4. Overall more skill required. More strategy, more teamwork involved, etc.

Feel free to edit anything about this.
This game is beyond amazing. The sense of realism in this game is insane. It blends sooooo smooothly into gameplay that it doesnt break it but makes it a challenging game. I love this game now brah i just got it 2 days ago.

My god, I hope more people get hooked on to this game. This could save console fps's. It's that **** good.

bad company 2 > mw2
I already said that, bro :p

I'm sure me and F8AL would love to play with you this weekend, though! I'm liking the Medic kit, some Assault weapons, and the SCAR is amazing.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I already said that, bro :p

I'm sure me and F8AL would love to play with you this weekend, though! I'm liking the Medic kit, some Assault weapons, and the SCAR is amazing.
Haven't unlocked the SCAR. I've been using the XM8 and the Type 88 sniper. Sooooooooo gooooooooood.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Haven't unlocked the SCAR. I've been using the XM8 and the Type 88 sniper. Sooooooooo gooooooooood.
Just wait till you unlock the M16A2 and the SVU if you're into semi auto snipers. I hate the Type 88 and used it for only it's bronze star.

Also I love my M16A2. I tap fire too fast and it's like a automatic.

Also I think SimaMatt was in my Game when I opened a can of M95 and PP2200 whoop ***. Pratically I went bullet time and took out 6 snipers camping on Ilsa Inocents. And the PP2200? I would use it more if it wasn't for the UMP .45. It's **** amazing when you burst fire.

S

smash brawl player 99021

The XM8 is probably one of the better weapons for the early levels. I see a good majority of people using it. Anyway, what does everyone think of the attachable Smoke Grenade launcher? I think it could have some uses, like trying to plant with only a few people left. Thoughts?

Darkslash

Smash Master
The XM8 is probably one of the better weapons for the early levels. I see a good majority of people using it. Anyway, what does everyone think of the attachable Smoke Grenade launcher? I think it could have some uses, like trying to plant with only a few people left. Thoughts?
It's only good for enclosed small spaces. Out in the open, the smokes arn't that good due to how thin it is. Unless you get a teammate to coordinate with ammo boxes, smokes arn't going to be that good.

Also, I noticed in some places of Single player, I could see through the Assault class Visor, which is tainted in most cases.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
BFBC2's campaign wasn't that good IMO. It was pretty short and had predictable plot twists.

Multiplayer is where it's at!

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Just wait till you unlock the M16A2 and the SVU if you're into semi auto snipers. I hate the Type 88 and used it for only it's bronze star.

Also I love my M16A2. I tap fire too fast and it's like a automatic.

Also I think SimaMatt was in my Game when I opened a can of M95 and PP2200 whoop ***. Pratically I went bullet time and took out 6 snipers camping on Ilsa Inocents. And the PP2200? I would use it more if it wasn't for the UMP .45. It's **** amazing when you burst fire.
The m16 sounds like the old m16 from socom 2 where it is effected by how fast you tap the trigger, which is amazing.

I unlocked the Red Dot today, not that impressed with it tbh. Went 24-3 in a rush game tho, man was so ****. This game just gets better and better everyday, I can't wait to see what EA has in store for us.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I know, it sucks how they picked the 2 more popular days which ppl play XBL to shut down their servers for maintenance. Does anyone know what time they'll be up tomorrow? I'm in EST.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I know, it sucks how they picked the 2 more popular days which ppl play XBL to shut down their servers for maintenance. Does anyone know what time they'll be up tomorrow? I'm in EST.
Some time in the morning. It sucks because I was ready to come home and **** right after my class. Now I have to play the alternative game, Mw2 :(

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
hopefully they fix the online some more. the ea server keeps kicking me out of games, especially ones that i'm doing good in. **** is frustrating.

@darkslash: added. we should play some time :) i play medic best ^_^

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, what does everyone think of the attachable Smoke Grenade launcher? I think it could have some uses, like trying to plant with only a few people left. Thoughts?
I find it pretty crummy. I'd rather use the grenade launcher if I need to blow down some walls or the shotgun attachment(which is retardedly strong) in close quarters. I guess the smoke is good to troll with but I wouldn't use it seriously.

And yeah darkslash I was in some of your games, you're way more consistent than I am. You kept getting 1st-4th place while I was all over the place, lol. I'm terrible at fps's.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. It's a link with some hardcore details on how much damage weapons do, how accurate they are, their rounds per minute and more. It's some interesting stuff if you're into that, I know I am lol. Just be sure to read the stuff on the page otherwise those charts will make no sense.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
From what I can tell them closing the game down for the weekend and fixing their servers has helped alot from what I can tell right now I and everyone I talked to hasnt had any problems *yet*

Darkslash

Smash Master
There used to be Lag when I was a gunner for a BHawk, but it looks like the lag is gone now.

The Motion Detector is personally the best trolling gadget in the whole game. The beeping alerts you to a person in the area, but then the other person can hear it too. Lulzy results are had when a person crosses your motion detector and they start running around looking for a sniper to backstab.

Also the Assault with the G3, Explosive leg pouch and improved explosives is a really good set for demolition. The 6 C4's with the better explosives is just awesome for any one camping in houses.

Oh and thanks to GreenFox's sig, I found my stats.

Pretty **** average.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
My KDR in BFBC2 is like .71 but I don't care. It's not like it matters in this game anyways. I go for the objectives instead of staying back.

And cool site guys! :)

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman

not that great lol, this is the only fps I've really played in over 5 years.

and jesus christ this game keeps freezing on me >: it hardly did it before(Like once in the two weeks I've been playing it) but now it happened twice today.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I don't really know how to make one of those neat little pics :/

i know my KDR is 1:1 though. used to be higher til i started trying to max out my other classes. damm engineer. and i'm at level.....26? i dunno. i didn't really play much today. kept joining rush games, but wouldn't get put into a squad so every time i died, i'd have to keep parachuting down....i rage quit so much from that :(

GreenFox

Smash Ace
W/L ratio is the most important to me, I wish you could see that on the games leaderboards I'm glad I showed you guys how to see your stats since the official online leaderboards are down

IamBlu3 just click on my sig, enter your GT or PSN ID and then it'll come up with your stats and you'll see different variants of signatures then just click the one you like and copy the first code it gives you the Forum BB code and post it in your signature on smashboards.

Darkslash

Smash Master
So far I almost got every pin except Squad Rush winner and Naval Warfare. Naval Warfare is being a pain in the ***. The 20mm sucks on the large boat. But I heard you can get it if you just camp on a jetski.

JDM

Smash Champion
Sorry I haven't played with you guys yet(DarkSlash and Blue) even though I added ou guys. I'll be sure to join your games next time I see you on.

I finished everything except Recon so I'll be playing Recon with G3 as my weapon of choice for now.

I also got a mic yesturday so people with mics add my PSN: JDMYOSHIOKA

Darkslash

Smash Master
I also got a mic yesturday so people with mics add my PSN: JDMYOSHIOKA
Awesome. I'm getting a mic today. so I can scream my lungs out.

Also I got naval warfare and the bronze for both cars and boats. I just camped on them and the game counts them as vehicle kills. Pretty neat way if you can't drive at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAZe8uxZTB8

That video is awesome abuse of the physics engine.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
wowow. that vid is amazing lol.

quick question, how do you deploy the parachute when you want to? because i constantly see people do it while i die all the time when i try.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
wowow. that vid is amazing lol.

quick question, how do you deploy the parachute when you want to? because i constantly see people do it while i die all the time when i try.
Keep tapping the "A" button while you're in the air.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Most people in this game don't spot the enemy. And spotting is broken in this game, hope they fix it in a patch.

JDM

Smash Champion
Haha yeah GG's. I usually don't talk alot when other people in my squad don't have mics of their own.

Just a heads up to everybody that plays me: My brothers also use my account to play BC2 on. (My older brother is somewhat average and my little brother is really bad) If I don't answer to you through the mic then its probably not me.

KarlR

Smash Cadet
for any of the pc users hitting Q will spot the enemy if you have the sniper perk/uav

might be common knowledge but i found just found it out a couple of days ago >.<

also middle mouse button to knife is kinda strange to get used to lol

what are peoples favourite perks for the UAV, personally im torn between v alt w and warhd, havent tried the reload one for spamming missiles yet.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i don't usually hop on the uav because i suck with it but i mostly use the faster reload perk. doesn't really work for me that much though. i find myself sitting still too long, trying to spam missiles and easily get shot down.

Top Bottom