• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batou's Monthlies (Presented by Evolution Games) Metaknight Banned

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

BATOU'S MONTHLIES

Ladies and gentleman it's time for Fort Worth to step it up with the latest string of tournaments hosted by Neo Batou

GENERAL RULES/STORE POLICIES

Unity Brawl Rules
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

-Be sure to click on the link above to get a better understanding of the rules in place for this tournament.

-Metaknight IS not tournament legal for singles and doubles. However if both players agree to using Metaknight, go for it.....

-Evolution Games does sell snacks and drinks. Buying your own food and bringing it into the store is not allowed. There are PLENTY of areas around the venue for you to eat at...for example, there is a scholwsky's deli/Krisky Catfish/Little Cesar's Pizza right next to the venue, and even down the street there is a Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Church's Chicken, Panda Express, etc...

-Disregard the Gentleman's agreement....all other stages are banned.

EVENTS AND TOURNAMENT FEES

- Store venue fee is a flat rate of 5 dollars. (No refund)

- Brawl singles entry fee is $10 a player (No refund)

- Brawl doubles entry fee is $5 PER PLAYER (No refund)

- The side event if we have time/people that want to participate is Wasseda doubles, and the entry fee for this event is $3 dollars a person as well. (No refund)

- Bringing in your own setup will not affect/waiver this fee, but it would be helpful.

- Please record ALL the matches so we can get them recorded for other purposes.

PAYOUTS

Singles:
1-39 = 60 / 30 / 10
40 -79 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles (# of Teams):
1-19 = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

SCHEDULING

12 AM - Setups/MM/Freeplay

12:30 PM - Brawl Singles Start (Signup for Brawl singles start 10mns before)

1: 30 PM - Brawl Doubles Starts (Signup 10mins before)

5PM - Side Event start (If time is available and depending on side event)

8PM - Start shutting down the event/ Help with getting everything out of the store

9PM - Tournament ends

OTHER

- I want the tournament to go smoothly, and when we call out the matches I will call out a TV.. the TV's will have a number marked on them. When you hear your match, go to the appointed TV and get everyone settled to start the match. If someone is doing a tournament match and your playing a friendly/MM, please get up so they can finish their match.

- The store is not very big so if someone needs a chair to sit down to play a tournament, please help him/her out...also the faster the tournament can go, the more MM's and friendlies we can have before and after the tournament.

-Remember, the store is trying to gain the trust of the locals, please keep vulgarity to a minimum and have respect for the owner, it's affiliates and the store itself. Not adhering to this rule will result in a direct temporary ban from all of my tournaments...EVEN OUTSIDE OF BRAWL.

-At the end of the tournament or getting near the end, help with getting the setup's out will be greatly appreciated.

-I will need someone to help me generate hype for this event...in the case you help me with transportation/fliers, things of such nature...you will increase your chances of getting your fee waived in my SPECIAL DRAWING. (see below)

LINKS

-Evolution Games http://www.wix.com/evogamez/evolution#!

-Facebook tournament page http://www.facebook.com /event.php?eid=234995363187652

-Facebook Evolution page http://www.facebook.com/evolution.gamez?sk=info

-My facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415471004

SPECIAL NEWS

-To celebrate the store's opening and to help run more tournaments in the future, I am making a special drawing. It's simple and it's for the first ten tournaments I run.

1. Pay for your venue fee/tournament fees and receive a ticket.

2. Write your name underneath the ticket and place it in a box I'll have marked as special.

3. When we get near the middle of the tournament, I"ll randomly pull out two people's tickets.

4. The people who I pull out will have their venue fee waived next time they attend one of my tournaments. The only requirement is that you bring in an old game for the store. (PS1, Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, 32X, SNES, NES, etc)

Thanks for reading. Check back if you have any concerns.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
People have been asking me since they could go to pictochat due to Phase X....but i'm just gonna stop the bull right there.

August 6th should be the correct date.

Oh that special drawing is gonna create them salty johns :D

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
WOOO HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

When is the first Batou Monthly?
August 6th is the first planned monthly. Production of fliers has already been made. If I give you guys some copies, share some with your friends or at a popular shopping area.

Kbot, we encourage you and your smash buddies (if applicable) to show up to our tournaments given you have the money and time to do so. I have some interesting ideas to make it worth everyone's effort....

DatBass

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna pay the venue fee just so I can get a ticket and win a waiver. I like dat sodium chloride. It's tasty.

Denti and I can hang up fliers around our hood. We can print more or get some from you, whatevs you need.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I'm gonna pay the venue fee just so I can get a ticket and win a waiver. I like dat sodium chloride. It's tasty.

Denti and I can hang up fliers around our hood. We can print more or get some from you, whatevs you need.
Help is appreciated. It'll be fun in the future as well. Batou has hidden tournaments to run and people can play for prizes...

PS3, XBOX360, DS games....lots in store for the future of Batou's Monthlies..

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I'll make it of course :)

:phone:
Be sure to bring as many tv's as you can...preferably about 2 or 3.

Oh and your wii's are greatly going to be used too. That goes for everyone.
The store has no wii's right now because they haven't been able to buy any....

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Batou, is low tier singles confirmed? Also, you should run it at the same time as the first main event, because I go to work at 5pm. It would be appreciated because it's the only event I plan to enter.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Batou, is low tier singles confirmed? Also, you should run it at the same time as the first main event, because I go to work at 5pm. It would be appreciated because it's the only event I plan to enter.

Low tier singles isn't confirmed.
Any side event is only after the main two tournaments are done and if there's enough interest.
I can't change the time as for the store is running other tournaments/plans.

Get to the venue..at the earliest... 11am. Make sure to report your matches when your done. The faster we get this done, the better. I have a date later on that night and I"m gonna have time to get to that too.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Not impossible, but difficult. There are plenty of characters that give Link a hard time already; Yoshi, Sheik, Sonic, Peach, Kirby come to mind. It's asking a lot of the player to overcome matchups like that. Link has his most manageable matchups with just low tier alone.

Combining mid tier and low tier will just be pointless when most players will not even touch the low tier characters. Think about it.

As for doubles, I can see that working with both mid and low tier, just not singles.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Oh well.

It's bad enough in regular singles I have a lot of uneven as hell matches. I still manage to pull it off.

I have a lot of bad MU's myself too. As long as it's not falco, Ice Climbers or Marth, etc.. (high tier) you should do fine in a mid/low tier single event.

Top Bottom