• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BATL Part 4 Marlborough MA 11/28

Prawn

Smash Master
Brawl At The Library Part 4

Where:

The Marlborough Public Library
35 West Main St.
Marlborough, Massachusetts

When:

November 28th, 2009
Doors open at 9

Friendlies/Doubles Registration until 10:30-11ish(Depending on turnout, please call me if you are not going to make it by 10:30[I'm looking at you Fatal icon_biggrin.])

Dubz till 12-12:30ish

Singles reg and break until 1-1-30ish

Singles and friendlies after until 5 and we have to be OUT by 5(sorry guys)

All times are subject to change.

•Entry Fees
Venue Fee - $2(There is a venue this time as the room is booked a lot in the school year, sorry :/)
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $5 per Person, $10 per Team

All prizes will be paid in cash.

•Prize pools (Singles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

•Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%*

*If less than 16 teams sign up, the pot split will go 70/30/0.

Contact me at SicTransitPaul on aim

or

5083613728(text or call don't matter)

BRAWL

-All Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes, with items set to off and none. All matches are best 2/3 except for Winners/Losers/Grand Finals which are best 3/5.

-First round is double blind character pick. The first stage will then be determined by stage strikes. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played.

-Second and third games, winner bans a stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character, then the match can start.

-No stage may be played upon twice within a set unless agreed upon by both/all players.

-You will be DQ'd if you are excessively late for your match. If you are going off site, you should tell someone(me if possible)where you are going

-Each player may select a stage to be banned from the counter pick list.

-In the event of a dispute for controller ports, rock-paper-scissors will be used. In teams the winner will select his port, the opposing team members will select theirs, and the teammate of the winner will take the remaining port.

-In the event of a tie, determine by stocks, then percent. If a tie still exists, play a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine the winner.

-If Bowser's Klaw is initiated then the win will go to Bowser. If Ganondorf initiates a Ganoncide, ignore the outcome and the win will go to Ganondorf. All other suicides will be sent to the tie-breaker.

-Any action that causes the game to become unfinishable (glitching, freezing) will count as a forfeit of the match for the person who initiated the action.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape Glitch is banned.

-Excessive stalling and planking are banned (T.O.s discretion)

-Dedede's standing infinite is NOT banned. Ice Climbers' infinite grab is NOT banned(uhh son). Wall infinites/locks are NOT banned because no legal stages have perma-walls.

-BYOC (Bring your own controller).

-If you see someone doing something that is not permitted, please inform myself or another host and we will take care of it.

-NEW RULE: Excessive ledge-stalling is banned and will be enforced in the following method: A Player may only remain off the stage or on a ledge for a maximum of 5 ledge re-grabs (with one extra re-grab provided for leniency) before the Player's character must land on the stage or its platforms. Should a Player exceed the 6 re-grabs without touching the stage, he/she will be required to forfeit their current stock. Further violations will result in forfeit of match and forfeit of tournament set.

•Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

•Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

•All other stages are banned

Prawn

Smash Master
bumping this cause the date is approaching,

theres a lot moar hype on the AIB page, just so y'all know.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Might be here. In Virginia ATM but I should be up there for that week.

Hype hype.

& what happened to your dancing machine irish :(

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
accepting money matches for
mario golf/kart wii/tennis/strikers charged
F-Zero GX (an extra 5 seconds or so head start per dollar)
come at me

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
So is that like n64 Tennis? or power tennis? Not that I'll have money anyway ><

Johnmazz84

Smash Rookie
Hi. I found this page while looking for local smash events. Some friends and I are interested in going, not sure on a total count, but up to 5 or so. I'll let you know when I can get some conformation out of them.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I would be going to this as it's less than an hour away...

but I'm hosting a NH tournament on the same day. Will be interested in the next one of these, though, so keep on doing it <3

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I don't know if that's directed at me, but I personally can't change the date; the 28th was the only available date the BGC could have it on, as they also have several other weekend events they do, not necessarily at the center but their staff may have to be attending events elsewhere. There was one free week in October when we were initially planning it, but it was too close to the date.

So yeah, the 28th is the only date I can host a tournament in Nov, otherwise I have to postpone it to a late December tournament.

Which is a shame since this is so close and im not usually blessed with close tournaments :I

Prawn

Smash Master
No I can't move it back, I'm also adding another rule here taken from the MD/VA area:

Excessive ledge-stalling is banned and will be enforced in the following method: A Player may only remain off the stage or on a ledge for a maximum of 5 ledge re-grabs (with one extra re-grab provided for leniency) before the Player's character must land on the stage or its platforms. Should a Player exceed the 6 re-grabs without touching the stage, he/she will be required to forfeit their current stock. Further violations will result in forfeit of match and forfeit of tournament set.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
No I can't move it back, I'm also adding another rule here taken from the MD/VA area:

Excessive ledge-stalling is banned and will be enforced in the following method: A Player may only remain off the stage or on a ledge for a maximum of 5 ledge re-grabs (with one extra re-grab provided for leniency) before the Player's character must land on the stage or its platforms. Should a Player exceed the 6 re-grabs without touching the stage, he/she will be required to forfeit their current stock. Further violations will result in forfeit of match and forfeit of tournament set.
Crazy.

Selfishly glad you aren't moving the date back, since I'll only be up there for that week :p How's the hype looking for this anyway? Bigger/smaller/same? & How are ICs comin' prawn?

What's your name supposed to be anyway? prawn like fish?

Prawn

Smash Master
Hype's looking pretty good, this might be the first BATL that reaches 30+ singles entrants!

My ICs have gotten A LOT better IMO. I actually managed to beat Peachkid in tournament last week, and I feel as though I can compete with most of the top players that don't play snake in NE. But IDK. People still ****talk me and think I'm terrible. So I'll just have to prove them wrong with some good results.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure you'll definitely be able to take me. I haven't had any people to play for 2 months. CPUs and running around isn't much practice really. Have you gotten better at CGing DK? Last I knew it seemed like you messed it up a decent amount.

Needs more practice with actual players o_o

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah lol I've gotten pretty good at CGing most of the cast now haha. I forgot the last time we played was like before/at SNES.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
yeah i think it started with me lol... ill give it my all with wario, my best match up against ur ice f'ers of the chars i main lol.

does the regrab ledge rule count if u get knocked away. like u try to get back up but u get knocked away and u happen to grab several times. does those count? or is it those drop to uspeical immediately kind of thing. dumb question but making sure

Prawn

Smash Master
no the regrab doesnt count if you're hit away.

and I don't think I've ever CG'd you good in tournament AKC, and I definitely haven't CG'd you like as good as I can now.

and wario...lol. good luck with that, MM?

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Last time u did me good but ya I just kept on gettin grabbed. I gotta try for the seperation.
Either wario, fox, kirby and lucario. I checked and wario has the ups on match up I'm sure.
MM... nah I'm still learning the characters and icies are still a problem for me to deal with.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
Yo, You should seriously add melee to this if possible. You will get many more people there And apparentyly The Irish Mafia agrees with me.

Prawn

Smash Master
lol theres already a melee tournament running elsewhere in the state this day, and even if there wasn't the attendence would like, 10-15 tops.

Prawn

Smash Master
just letting everyone know that this'll be the last brawl tourny I host/compete in.

so lets make it a good one?

Top Bottom