• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Mafia

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm saying that if you think my reasong for voting Xatres D1 was theorycraft and that it was bad, then yes I would use it to acheive a good end, because that's what I did. Sorry if I'm still not getting you.
Doesn't, hopefully this elucidates it.

Let's say you firmly believed that voting for people outside of the game was useful for catching scum, but for some other reason you firmly believes Xatres was scum.

Would you use the argument that it's not valid scumhunting in an attempt to convince people to vote for him?

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't, hopefully this elucidates it.

Let's say you firmly believed that voting for people outside of the game was useful for catching scum, but for some other reason you firmly believes Xatres was scum.

Would you use the argument that it's not valid scumhunting in an attempt to convince people to vote for him?
Only if I had a guilty on him from an investigative role. Otherwise no, I dislike playing with players that take everything into their own hands.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ah ro

youve made the terrible mistake of playing into adums arguments

j how confident are you in adum town?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
ah ro

Oh come the f*** on marshy, you know I'm systematic and prone to building cases on question. You also know I'm wordy and have major Cassandra tendancies (eg. bingo mafia, THE GAME I JUST LINKED with chaco).

Could you get your head in the game? Thanks.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
We just established you don't like using mafia theory you don't believe in to achieve a good goal, only exception is investigative confirmed scum.

You asked if I seriously believe scum would actively detract from a townie's lynch towards a lynch of their mate, something scum do ALL THE TIME, to defend yourself.

You admitted I was right that scum do it.

You're a self-described 10 year mafia vet of no small skill based on your play so far and you were somehow ignorant of this?

Ya no, lies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
nah dude. rake was playing like scum and i wasnt having it. im so tired of ppl playing like scum when town im pretty sure ppl do it on purpose to muddy their metas

me and gheb were absolute bosses that game

how did doc not protect me tho? smh
I knew chaco was trying to get credit using rake's lynch, I just didn't have the balls to make the switch quick enough. Be that as it may, I have no excuse.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
The issue with how you've gone about reading me this game is that you never ask me why I do something. You make an assumption about my intention and build a logical argument from that (incorrect) assumption. My goal wasn't to convince you that I'm town. My goal was to see how you handled your argument (that I'm scum) if you were given counter evidence. I did the same thing with Ranmaru.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Your point doesn't hold up anyway. You asked me if I'd mislead players in order to lynch someone. Would I knowingly use bad theorycraft to convince players of my alignment? It would depend on the risk to our mutual trust I would be taking.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Counter evidence which you subsequently admitted wasn't a direct analog and then admitted wasn't even something scum wouldn't do, are you seriously arguing that it was a good reactive test?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Your point doesn't hold up anyway. You asked me if I'd mislead players in order to lynch someone. Would I knowingly use bad theorycraft to convince players of my alignment? It would depend on the risk to our mutual trust I would be taking.
gah, you're actually right there it was supposed to be an example to illustrate what I meant so there was no confusion on what I meant but I see how by not clarifying properly you could've been confused.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Either way, reread RR and literally not sticking out one way or another. Fine with lynching him or Vinyl.

Obviously Ro Laren too but that's assumed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
My head pulsated a bit too much reading that full exchange.

ah ro

Pretty confident, I would mark him as my #2 town-read. I also feel like Ro and Adumb is TvT at this light and it's becoming more evident with the circles they are talking themselves into.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also deadline is in less than 12 hours

Vinylic. Vinylic. #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Xatres Xatres #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy adumbrodeus adumbrodeus Ro Laren Ro Laren

Can we have final posts and thoughts the next time you come into the thread that way we are not scrambling at deadline? I'd like people to state who their scum-reads are and also if their vote isn't on someone show intent if you plan to vote Ryu or show another option that is plausible for EoD.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm fine with either me or ryu. If it ends in a ML there's another chance to find scum next day.

You know, I do wonder if Ryu's vote was either a reaction to Kary getting killed N1 or just made to pressure me so he can take me off his list of suspicion. I like how he still hasn't spoken to me more directly. I'm more interested in his thoughts than anyone else rn. I don't think I'll be voting today again for this matter, unless I'm actually needed to vote.

Anywho, I'm gonna respond to the following questions in a bit.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh wait he actually asked me a question. Whoops.

What exactly makes you say me or J is scum here?
I felt that you've been playing aggressive from the moment I saw your first post. You haven't gave me a more clear reason when answering my questions. You'd rather want marshy to vote with you than you to vote with him, because I guess you want a better feel in your reads? What's with your pressuring game? What were you looking for in voting marshy? I might be missing something here.

Can you express why you lean town for Marshy?
Ran's sudden vote on marshy was something. It lacked reason to me. I thought he hasn't done anything funny at that time, and it when it was revealed that ran was scum, I thought that was enough for him to be confirmed town. I have no reason to vote him.

If there's any logical fallacies in here, let me know. I suck at this part the most.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The scum lean on J is just a thought. As I've said, what do I have to support this? J has been much of an opportunist, but I think he has made good points, like his recent thoughts on each player.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hopefully Ryu can get in here and respond to a few things or post something before deadline. He hasn't been in the thread since Monday and that's almost 3 full days of no posts/nothing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Damn, I just got wrekt'd gif mode.

But then I realized you logged onto your alts to like your own post.

._.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not exactly surprised people are being quiet given what's happening today.

Anyway I've been transfixed by Comey testimony and British elections but I'm around to make sure a hammer happens before the deadline.

Largely holding off so RR can get some final thoughts in.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Yeah, I probably just should have v/la'd myself for this week. We're back from the beach on Sunday, so I should be able to post more then.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm going into a league game so whatever happens happens when I probably come out of it. I am still sad nothing more came of this Day-Phase, but if the game ends after this lynch I'll be happy. (though easy game, easy life isn't what I was hoping for)

Top Bottom